The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,199
I'll be honest here and say that *if* (and its a big *IF*) either Harry or Meghan, in the future, do speak out on mental health, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if their "soontobenamed" foundation works in collaboration with the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the "Heads Together" incentive.

This was reported to be something that even though Harry and Meghan split from the Royal Foundation last year, they still planned on working and supporting the Heads Together campaign. It may also be within the realm of possibility that Harry will still remain as an ambassador for William's "United for Wildlife". He doesn't need to be a royal to be an ambassador. David Beckham is one.

What I'm basically stating here is that I hope to see continued collaboration in some ways with the BRF's non-Firm related incentives and interactions.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #482  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Invictus, Sentebale - interesting subjects with widespread appeal ?
Are organisations really going to pay Harry large sums of money to hear about his charities? I don't think so. He may have had a good offer for talking about his mental health, and did so at the Morgan event.. because that's personal and something no one else could really tell them about a Prince who has given up his royal life.. (bit of a draw there). BUt I am not sure people will want to hear that particular story for long..and I don't think that anyone is going to pay him a million to talk about his work with veterans..
__________________

  #483  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:25 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,767
A large number of posts discussing the Markles, Prince Andrew, the media and the Sussex marriage have been deleted. Let’s not speculate about divorce, please.

And once again, the discussion about the media and tabloids is off-topic. When an article is posted, talk about the content of the article and not the outlet/journalist that wrote about it.

Please remember to be civil and respectful to one another. I’ve had to delete a number of snarky posts lately.
__________________
  #484  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:27 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
So it would appear that we do now have confirmation from Harry and Meghan's spokesperson that they will no longer use the word "Royal" in their brand and have withdrawn their trademark applications.

I must say that I find it a bit eyeroll-inducing that they felt the need to include in their statement that they filed those trademark applications because The Royal Foundation told them to. It just sort of smacked of some parting snide remark. But whatever, I can't really say I expected anything differently.
Why not speak the truth when people were claiming they filed for all kinds of reasons? Facts matter.
  #485  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:30 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Are organisations really going to pay Harry large sums of money to hear about his charities? I don't think so. He may have had a good offer for talking about his mental health, and did so at the Morgan event.. because that's personal and something no one else could really tell them about a Prince who has given up his royal life.. (bit of a draw there). BUt I am not sure people will want to hear that particular story for long..and I don't think that anyone is going to pay him a million to talk about his work with veterans..
Aren't we kind of jumping the gun here assuming that either Harry or Meghan will be bought and sold for speaking engagements? I would think that most likely the networking (if any) being done is to garner sponsors and a support system for their own incentives that will be put into place after April 1st.

For some reason, putting themselves on the market as a commodity for cash just doesn't sit right with me at all and clashes with what we've seen them do over time. I would imagine that if they do give speeches, it will be to enhance and garner support for incentives that they, themselves, are backing. To get people and corporations on board to support things like the Invictus Games, Sentebale and other projects unique to Harry and Meghan.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #486  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The charity would not be named after the county. It’s named for the couple. It’s basically their last name. It’s like Obama foundation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Err no.. their last name is Mountbatten-Windsor
Conventionally, British peers and British royalty save the usage of their legal last name for legal proceedings or papers where last names are required. In all other circumstances (such as professional activities), it is socially expected that they use their territorial designation as their "last name", if one is needed.

For instance, the York princesses are billed as Beatrice York and Eugenie York by their employers, and the Earl of Snowdon, formerly known as Viscount Linley (whose legal last name is Armstrong-Jones) has been professionally billed as David Linley and later David Snowdon.
  #487  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:34 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,538
Nothing about the JP Morgan event has been verified other than they were there and NDAs were signed.
  #488  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Books and speaking about what though? They are almost certainly barred from talking about the RF, and what else have they got to talk about? How are they going to make money from lending themselves to causes? Surely "causes" are what they hope/intend to raise money for?
I'm personally not too worried that they won't find something to talk about that people are willing to listen too (not because they are the experts on the theme but because they are who they are and are passionate about it - and hopefully will become more and more knowledgeable about the subject as a result of that).

Meghan will keep talking about all things 'women empowerment'-related (although the recent announcements also mentioned education) and Harry can focus on (wounded) veterans, conservation, his new travelyst initiative and how important the environment is/how worrisome climate change is (that their lifestyle has a disproportionately negative impact will surely continue to raise criticism but not (that much) for their intended audiences I suppose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Aren't we kind of jumping the gun here assuming that either Harry or Meghan will be bought and sold for speaking engagements? I would think that most likely the networking (if any) being done is to garner sponsors and a support system for their own incentives that will be put into place after April 1st.

For some reason, putting themselves on the market as a commodity for cash just doesn't sit right with me at all and clashes with what we've seen them do over time. I would imagine that if they do give speeches, it will be to enhance and garner support for incentives that they, themselves, are backing. To get people and corporations on board to support things like the Invictus Games, Sentebale and other projects unique to Harry and Meghan.
So, how do you think they are planning to go about 'earning a professional income'? Which they stated as one of the main reasons for breaking with the BRF...
  #489  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Aren't we kind of jumping the gun here assuming that either Harry or Meghan will be bought and sold for speaking engagements? I would think that most likely the networking (if any) being done is to garner sponsors and a support system for their own incentives that will be put into place after April 1st.

For some reason, putting themselves on the market as a commodity for cash just doesn't sit right with me at all and clashes with what we've seen them do over time. I would imagine that if they do give speeches, it will be to enhance and garner support for incentives that they, themselves, are backing. To get people and corporations on board to support things like the Invictus Games, Sentebale and other projects unique to Harry and Meghan.
Er what are they going to live on then If they do not "put themselves on the market" for something. Either speaking engagements or seling some kind of merchandising. THEY said that they wanted financial independence and to earn a professional income. So clearly they hope to earn a good living somehow, now that they are away from being full time royals which made it impossible for them to engage in commerce. I don't know if they sill intend to take money from Charles but either way, they are going to have to earn money....
Of course they havent' been "sellgn speeches" up to now, because - they could not do so... they were full time royals and convention forbade that they try to make money in such a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I'm personally not too worried that they won't find something to talk about that people are willing to listen too (not because they are the experts on the theme but because they are who they are and are passionate about it - and hopefully will become more and more knowledgeable about the subject as a result of that).

Meghan will keep talking about all things 'women empowerment'-related (although the recent announcements also mentioned education) and Harry can focus on (wounded) veterans, conservation, his new travelyst initiative and how important the environment is/how worrisome climate change is (that their lifestyle has a disproportionately negative impact will surely continue to raise criticism but not (that much) for their intended audiences I suppose).
please tell me Harry is not going to speak about "how worrisome climate change is?" He'll be laughed off the stage...and while "being passionate about a subject" may take them so far, its not going to make them interesting speakers.. All they have to offer is who Harry is.. and IMO all he will really get offers for (big offers) is his own life/problems/
and that will only take him so far. I don't think In a year's time he's going to get an offer for a speech about his mental health, the subject will be all talked out..
  #490  
Old 02-21-2020, 04:52 PM
Lady Daly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sherwood, United States
Posts: 608
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-from-branding

We knew it was coming! Also being reported on the Sussex transition thread.
  #491  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:03 PM
LadyGlendower's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: City of Light, France
Posts: 251
American wealth has been funding museums, universities, hospitals, medical research and so much more for two hundred plus years now. A family or individual amasses a a fortune, spends a ton of money, donates a ton of money. Wealthy corporations support all kinds of things that may or may not dovetail with their corporate profiles.

The Sussexes plan is not quite fully formed to say the least. They managed this like junior members of a wealthy family business that walk out with intentions of starting their own business but don't pause to put together a real world business plan and financing before making their move.

But it sure is entertaining to watch this. The rumor about house hunting in Malibu is my favorite unfounded rumor so far---the irony of a British prince itching to live in a place also known as "the Colony" is delicious fun if you are a history nerd.
  #492  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,364
I personally find the transition announcement on the SussexRoyal website rather patronising towards the royal house;

https://sussexroyal.com/spring-2020-transition/

The likes of the following comments in particular;

“While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place.” - that “precedent” links to their own previous announcement last year.

“which has understandably been a saddening for The Duke and Duchess and their loyal staff, given the closeness of Their Royal Highnesses and their dedicated team.” - the dedicated team they made redundant, and didn’t take anyone abroad with them.

Plus the patronising use of the words “as per the agreement” continually.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #493  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:26 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,538
So all this was decided back in January. I had a feeling. So why couldn’t they just announce it then or with the more recent ones? Why was it dragged out? Anyways I’m glad this is settled for everyone’s sake.
  #494  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:33 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I personally find the transition announcement on the SussexRoyal website rather patronising towards the royal house;

https://sussexroyal.com/spring-2020-transition/

The likes of the following comments in particular;

“While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place.” - that “precedent” links to their own previous announcement last year.

“which has understandably been a saddening for The Duke and Duchess and their loyal staff, given the closeness of Their Royal Highnesses and their dedicated team.” - the dedicated team they made redundant, and didn’t take anyone abroad with them.

Plus the patronising use of the words “as per the agreement” continually.
Why do they keep using the style “ Their Royal Highnesses” ?
  #495  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:36 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Why do they keep using the style “ Their Royal Highnesses” ?

Because they still can..
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #496  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:49 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,538
So they not opening a foundation either. They doing a non profit to support initiatives close to their heart.
  #497  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Er what are they going to live on then If they do not "put themselves on the market" for something. Either speaking engagements or seling some kind of merchandising. THEY said that they wanted financial independence and to earn a professional income. So clearly they hope to earn a good living somehow, now that they are away from being full time royals which made it impossible for them to engage in commerce. I don't know if they sill intend to take money from Charles but either way, they are going to have to earn money....
Of course they havent' been "sellgn speeches" up to now, because - they could not do so... they were full time royals and convention forbade that they try to make money in such a way.
Meghan was quite successful with the TIG and now she has a much wider audience, so she knows how to make money by promotions, raising awareness and sharing her thoughts. There are quite a few 'influencer' who have far less to say and still are famous for being famous and make good money out of it. Meghan is business-smart, so I wouldn't be surprised if it works out for them (although it is not having the best of both worlds as they envisioned it to be).

Quote:
please tell me Harry is not going to speak about "how worrisome climate change is?" He'll be laughed off the stage...and while "being passionate about a subject" may take them so far, its not going to make them interesting speakers.. All they have to offer is who Harry is.. and IMO all he will really get offers for (big offers) is his own life/problems/
and that will only take him so far. I don't think In a year's time he's going to get an offer for a speech about his mental health, the subject will be all talked out..
People won't necessarily come 'because he is such an interesting speaker'. They come for the name. I don't think Tessy is such an 'interesting speaker' either but her being able to use 'princess Tessy of Luxembourg' did get her quite some invites and that's small fish compared to the fame of Harry and Meghan (even after they are no longer allowed to be known as TRH).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So all this was decided back in January. I had a feeling. So why couldn’t they just announce it then or with the more recent ones? Why was it dragged out? Anyways I’m glad this is settled for everyone’s sake.
I guess not all details were set in stone yet in January - although clearly the outline had to be agreed upon before Harry could return to Canada.
  #498  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:51 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,876
I wonder if this means the gentleman who originally had the SussexRoyal domain name will now be allowed it back?!
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #499  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:55 PM
Lady Daly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sherwood, United States
Posts: 608
When I read the newest headlines today regarding the confirmation of no more Sussex Royal, I headed for their website, still using Sussex Royal.
https://sussexroyal.com/spring-2020-transition/

"As shared in early January on this website, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not plan to start a ‘foundation’, but rather intend to develop a new way to effect change and complement the efforts made by so many excellent foundations". Ok no foundation.

I've kinda reached a Sussex saturation point. Seriously, 12 more months of this, I can't take it.Yikes! As much as I've been for team Meghan and Harry, enough already. I can't believe I'm saying it but these two need to get a royal grip. The world is a bit bigger than the two of you. Good luck, I'll check back next year. Time for a nap Zzzzz.
  #500  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:55 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I wonder if this means the gentleman who originally had the SussexRoyal domain name will now be allowed it back?!
I doubt it as he can no profit from it. He already changed all his accounts from all things Sussex and Royal. I’m sure for that reason. What’s likely to happen now is the BRF will Own the trademark to prevent others from using it cause they will.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transition into Royal Life Princess Pris Royal Life and Lifestyle 9 12-04-2019 04:25 AM
Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 456 09-03-2019 10:44 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry baby names british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household interesting introduction jewellery jewelry kids movie list of rulers luxembourg maxima monarchy mountbatten nepal nepalese royal family pless princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen victoria resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wedding gown welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×