The Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Transition & Future

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he doesn't want his connection to his family and heritage. He turned his back on both. For whatever reason.

what happens when the millionaire friends lose interest, and the speaking engagements dry up? If he has annoyed his family, may get more and more difficult for him to go back to them. If he goes around trying to usie titles or styles that the queen has forbidden him to use, she is not going to be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles is peanuts?? What a pair. If he took away his allowance to them at present, I think they would nto be in a very good place financially.. because while Harry has a decent fortune... its not going to buy houses of that kind or provide that lavish a lifestyle. THey are sounding more unpleasant by the minute and it seems easier to believe that Meghan certainly didn't intend to stick out her royal role for more than a year or so...

I don't know. But according to the tabloids they're looking at houses that are way beyond what they can afford. The London Times business edition had up an article about how once they leave this house their mystery donor has loaned them rent-free they are looking at houses that are well beyond their means. They were discussing how they were going to pay for all of this.

And the consensus was it wasn't us who were going to support them. It was Silicon Valley and Hollywood.

what happens when the millionaire friends lose interest, and the speaking engagements dry up? If he has annoyed his family, may get more and more difficult for him to go back to them. If he goes around trying to usie titles or styles that the queen has forbidden him to use, she is not going to be happy.

You have to ask them that. I don't dislike them I just don't get the point of burning their bridges. Which they are doing.

According to CNN the use 8f Sussex Royal is under review.

You have to ask them that. I don't dislike them I just don't get the point of burning their bridges. Which they are doing.

You're portraying them in a very unattractive light, that they are eager to chase after millionaries and sell themselves for large sums of money.. while no doubt taking Money from Charles till they get sorted out. If this picture of them is true, I don't see the british public ever wanting them back again. And it is easy, well easier if that picture is true... to believe the troll like people who have claimed that Megh never intended to stay in the Job, that she did Put in a year or so, to get herself better known and then once that was over she and H wanted to head for the USA and make loads of money..and that she basically married H for his title.

Last edited:
You're portraying them in a very unattractive light, that they are eager to chase after millionaries and sell themselves for large sums of money.. while no doubt taking Money from Charles till they get sorted out. If this picture of them is true, I don't see the british public ever wanting them back again. And it is easy to believe the troll like people who have claimed that Megh never intended to stay in the Job, that she did a year or so, to get herself better known and then once that was over she and H wanted to head for the USA and make loads of money..

Well they can't make their own money right now because they are still under some senior royal obligations during the transition period...so of course their funding has remained the same (coming from Charles). What do you expect them to do just be homeless and starve until spring? Luckily there is more in the world than just the British public and the Sussexes have a global appeal so ultimately they will be fine.

After a year into it all Harry & Meghan saw the light that they would always be the scapegoats for the rest of the family....when ever there is scandal brewing... They don't want that environment for their child so they decided to go in a different direction than the BRF.

I don't know. But according to the tabloids they're looking at houses that are way beyond what they can afford. The London Times business edition had up an article about how once they leave this house their mystery donor has loaned them rent-free they are looking at houses that are well beyond their means. They were discussing how they were going to pay for all of this.

And the consensus was it wasn't us who were going to support them. It was Silicon Valley and Hollywood.

How would the tabloids know this?

What makes you think it will dry up soon...people don't even know what kind of work they will be doing? People also act like Meghan wasn't successful before joining the family and that they can't be successful on their own when millions of people somehow manage to be successful without having a royal family.

As for annoying his family...that is no family it's firm and the only thing that matters is the crown (their family words) and they have treated him like a spare part his whole life.

Well they can't make their own money right now because they are still under some senior royal obligations during the transition period...so of course their funding has remained the same (coming from Charles). What do you expect them to do just be homeless and starve until spring? Luckily there is more in the world than just the British public and the Sussexes have a global appeal so ultimately they will be fine.

What makes you think it will dry up soon...people don't even know what kind of work they will be doing? People also act like Meghan wasn't successful before joining the family and that they can't be successful on their own when millions of people somehow manage to be successful without having a royal family.

As for annoying his family...that is no family it's firm and the only thing that matters is the crown (their family words) and they have treated him like a spare part his whole life.
Homeless and starve??? I don't think so somehow. and what obligation are they under ? They have done maybe 1 engagement in the UK in January and then they scooted off for pastures new and wealthy. They are nto doing royal work, they have left the UK, and IMO they're not likely to come back unless thigns go wrong.

It seems that you'er saying they are relying on their "millionaire supporters" to pay out for - well for what?

For association, I suppose.
But that is a slippery slope, and it leads straight to the likes of Epstein.

Charles is peanuts. He only gives them a few million dollars. If tabloids are to be believed they're looking at 30 million dollar houses to buy. Harry's whole net worth is 30 million dollars. They've set their sights much higher than that.

Well they can turn it down if it is just peanuts, let them go and sell themselves and earn their millions.

Yes but how can they stop them from using the title in Canada. They can in the UK but in Canada they can call themselves anything. I think it's also true in the US.

You are possibly correct that in other countries they could use the brand they wish, but IMO I think that would be the final break with the family if they went against the queens wishes. I do not think either of them would wish to do that.

I’m glad that the use of Sussex royal is being addressed. It would have seemed odd to allow them to have a commercial brand with a royal association. Wonder what their “organisation” for lack of a better word will be called going forward - If anything? (As the whole concept of a brand is in conflict with the positions they hold. )

But he doesn't want his connection to his family and heritage. He turned his back on both. For whatever reason. His friends too.

Well, I’m sure he loves his family even though he did reject them. That said, you’re right, but then why not volunteer to give it up?

Harry hasn't rejected the family any more than they rejected him. I guess it depends on how you view things.

What do you expect them to do just be homeless and starve until Spring ?

Ah.. this couple [worth an estimated £30 MILLION ] are unable to eek out that VAST fortune until Spring ?

My heart fair bleeds for them, and their poor [starving] Bairn..

Harry hasn't rejected the family any more than they rejected him

How did they 'reject' him ? Did they ostracise his wife, reject his child ?
Did thy not provide a lavish Wedding/House/Lifestyle ?
Did they not tailor a job and role for them ?

Only to have all that welcome rejected, because they wanted to 'freelance', beyond the aegis of 'the Firm', to make [shed-loads] of Money, and build THEIR 'Brand' ...

Ah.. this couple [worth an estimated £30 MILLION ] are unable to eek out that VAST fortune until Spring ?

My heart fair bleeds for them, and their poor [starving] Bairn..

I didn't ask for your heart to bleed for them. I'm asking if someone prevents you from earning a living on your own until spring....why wouldn't that person be expected to pay your living expenses until then?

What do you expect them to do just be homeless and starve until Spring ?

Nobody with their resources would be in that position EVER..

P.S they HAVE a home.. a 'little place' outside Windsor, provided for them, by their remarkably generous Grandmother..

Last edited:
He not rejecting his family either. Are they not still family? Maybe something has changed. He doesn't want to be a working royal nor do they want him working in any royal capacity as one per their own statement. He has been stripped of just about everything. That is the compromise. Plenty of non working royals. He now one of them.

I didn't ask for your heart to bleed for them. I'm asking if someone prevents you from earning a living on your own until spring....why wouldn't that person be expected to pay your living expenses until then?

That was the terms of the agreement to leave--no different than when a ball player leaves a team before their contract is up or an executive leaves a company. They can't play/work for another team/company for a certain length of time and don't get paid. Choices have consequences.
If Meghan was a radiology technician and Harry was a plumber they could go out and get jobs without it being a conflict of interest during this transition. They just can't use their "brand" to make money during this period.

I just checked and their website is still up and running. So evidently nothing has been done officially as of yet. Assuming the stories are true.

LaRae

Which begs the question -- if they are seen as employees then why are people upset that one is leaving a job for another? Everyone is kind of saying the same thing just differently.

As for their so called brand. I haven't seen them use it period. The only thing they have done was set up the groundwork for their foundation. That is it. Trademarking was done just like the others. People assuming one way or another how they may or may not have used things really means little cause no one knows anything.

And since nothing has actually happened since the Sandringham Summit we can guess that this was likely the plan all along. My educated guess would be that most (if not all) of these details were agreed last month and the plan is to release a formal announcement once all their official duties were complete.

Leaks here and there trying to out scoop each other is not surprising but again literally no new info has been revealed. It is still the same talking point from last month.

Nobody with their resources would be in that position EVER..

P.S they HAVE a home.. a 'little place' outside Windsor, provided for them, by their remarkably generous Grandmother..

A 'gift' that was a joke.... usually one doesn't have to pay for their own gift but they either feel like they have to pay for it or are being required to pay for it.

That was the terms of the agreement to leave--no different than when a ball player leaves a team before their contract is up or an executive leaves a company. They can't play/work for another team/company for a certain length of time and don't get paid. Choices have consequences.
If Meghan was a radiology technician and Harry was a plumber they could go out and get jobs without it being a conflict of interest during this transition. They just can't use their "brand" to make money during this period.

Well a ball player would have been given a salary in which he would have been able to save some money during that time. He would also get the remainder of his contract payout. One could look at Charles still paying for them as the remainder of their contract.

The media (for what it's worth) has made it clear they are still senior royals until spring (which is in alignment with HM statement) so they are limited in what they can do as far as income right now.

Do point to where I said 'gift' ? I carefully said 'provided'.. anyway those with 30 mill will scarcely find themselves 'on the street'...nor will they garner much sympathy for their [self-inflicted] 'predicament'..

How are they "prevented from earning a living"? Harry has apparently been doing a speaking engagemetnt, nice bit of cash for that. They have been planning some kind of merchandising... and they have a perfectly adequate income already.

Do point to where I said 'gift' ? I carefully said 'provided'.. anyway those with 30 mill will scarcely find themselves 'on the street'...nor will they garner much sympathy for their [self-inflicted] 'predicament'..

No indeed... why don't they find someone who is willing to give them a rent free house...

For current update apparently BP has announced that March 31st is the final day for the Sussexes as working royals.

Harry has three solo engagements. Meghan has one. They will attend two joint engagements including attending Commonwealth Day service.

From the BBC:

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will formally step down as senior royals from 31 March, a spokesperson for the couple has said.

They will no longer carry out duties on behalf of the Queen but arrangements will be reviewed after 12 months.

Earlier this year Harry and Meghan announced they would be stepping back from royal duties and working to become financially independent.

They will return to the UK for engagements at the end of this month.

The couple intend to split their time between the UK and North America and the spokesperson said they would be in the UK "regularly" after stepping back from royal duties.

They will attend six events in the UK in February and March including the Commonwealth Day Service on 9 March.

As they will no longer be undertaking official engagements in support of the Queen, an office at Buckingham Palace will no longer be needed. From 1 April they will be represented through their UK foundation, the spokesperson said.

Harry will retain the ranks of Major, Lieutenant Commander, and Squadron Leader but during this 12-month period his honorary military positions will not be used. No new appointments will be made to fill these roles. Harry will not perform any official duties associated with them.

Perhaps this will merely be a 12 month hiatus for them.

It does seem that the family is leaving the door wide open. Surprised he maintained the military role after it was reported Anne was taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom