The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that no where have they stated that they'd *not* be continuing the roles they already have in place. There is no indication that any of the roles they have now will go by the wayside and need someone else to pick them up.

This is what I think is a huge misconception in all of this. They'll not walk away from any roles, charities or patronages that they already have but perhaps not take on so many more going into the future. Its explicitly stated that they plan to keep on supporting the Queen and the monarchy and also launch their foundation. There'll be more time "away" to focus on their family.

but they are meant to be full time. How can they do the Commonwealth role, which will involve travelling and meetings in London, if they are trying to earn a income, probably in the US and Canada? How can they keep on "supporting the RF," when the queen is gone and Charles is now reliyig on WIll and Kate and his increasingly elderly set of cousins and siblings...
THe difference was obvious to me when the QUeen took Meghan to an engagement early on and she and Harry were thrown in the deep end with royal work. The queen was willing to give Wiliam and Kate some time to themselves but by this time, now, the time isn't there. She is getting older, Philip is retire and frail.. and not able to do anything much. the Sussexes were not going to have the chance to move into royal life slowly... and Harry should have realised that.

but they are meant to be full time. How can they do the Commonwealth role, which will involve travelling and meetings in London, if they are trying to earn a income, probably in the US and Canada? How can they keep on "supporting the RF," when the queen is gone and Charles is now reliyig on WIll and Kate and his increasingly elderly set of cousins and siblings...
THe difference was obvious to me when the QUeen took Meghan to an engagement early on and she and Harry were thrown in the deep end with royal work. The queen was willing to give Wiliam and Kate some time to themselves but by this time, now, the time isn't there. She is getting older, Philip is retire and frail.. and not able to do anything much. the Sussexes were not going to have the chance to move into royal life slowly... and Harry should have realised that.

There was no need for Meghan to be full-time though. She could have just done joint visits with others because the things she's done on her own have been additional work and IMO could have been delayed. It's all been too much too soon & now it's all a mess.

There was no need for Meghan to be full-time though. She could have just done joint visits with others because the things she's done on her own have been additional work and IMO could have been delayed. It's all been too much too soon & now it's all a mess.

Im assuming the queen DID think that Meghan needed to be full time.... She herself is now in her 90s, some of her cousins who help are in their 80s. Even Anne is about 70. (ANdrew has alos gone from his patronages).
The varous cousins are at an age where they might become ill or pass away suddenly and then the RF is down another helper. Charles when he becomes King will probably find that his helpers drop in number so I think he and the queen were counting on Will and Kate and Harry and if H had a wife Harry's wife.. would definitely all be required to pitch in.
And I don't think that Meg herself showed any reluctance. She could have been left out of the Africa tour as Archie was still very young.. she could have given herself that break and stayed home with him.. so I don't see this as a hard nosed RF pushing her into work she ddi'nt feel up or before she felt ready to do it.. but from the time of the Africa tour she and H seem to have been getting depressed and stressed and looking for a way out.

An interesting article from the Economist -of all places- about Marx and the Sussex couple as a sign of exces of capitalism:

https://www.time24.news/2020/01/the...monarchy-greater-than-marx-international.html

original source: https://www.economist.com/britain/2020/01/16/harry-meghan-and-marx

Some quotes:

The Sussex couple are doing something new: adopting capitalism in its most crude and modern form, global rather than national, virtual rather than solid, driven to constantly produce new fads.

Predicting that their brand needs more drama:

Brand management experts whisper that Harry and Meghan are interested in preserving the integrity of their brand. But the logic of 21st century capitalism is against a peaceful settlement. They will need more than Prince Harry’s inheritance, estimated at between £ 20 million and £ 30 million, to keep up with the global super rich.

I agree with this...oh, and their website referenced the Queen. What happens when Charles and then William is King? I’m already skeptical about Harry’s devotion to his dad - and right now he’s barely speaking to his brother. They are going to need him - the Queen will be gone, her cousins are elderly, Andrew is out of the way..It would be nice to think that Harry would support his family, especially since he’s apparently always been worried and insecure about his place in the family, abut perhaps not being valued enough...

I found this article - it’s terrific, and sets out why Meghan and Harry shouldn’t expect to be greeted by Canada with “we”re so happy to have you, eh” and open arms. I recommend reading it in its entirety. I forget who, but someone in this board mentioned that Harry didn’t come across as someone who’d fit easily into Canadian life; that POV is bolstered here. Good points, too, about Charles.

The guessing is that the Queen’s astute palace staff would have at least questioned the Canadian prime minister’s office or privy council office about any issues with the Sussexes coming here, and I’m sure they were given a very Canadian answer: “That’s wonderful, we’re happy to help and have them here.” But there are other implications—security costs, (which are transparent in Canada and opaque in the United Kingdom), potential constitutional conflict with the Canadian vice-regal world and potential immigration concerns.

The Queen and Prince Charles have constitutional status here. But the rest of the family doesn’t—the rest of the family are foreigners.

And all royal family visits are done with the understanding that the royals will depart to the U.K. in due course and not become a fixture in Canadian life. That’s how the system works—what Ryerson University’s Professor David Smith, one of Canada’s leading scholars on the constitutional monarchy, calls “the invisible Crown.”

Harry and Meghan are popular in Canada, according to polls. But the excitement about them coming to live here overlooks the fact that Harry’s interest in Canada is thin. He’s a nice man, but he has declined every attempt over the past decade to take on Canadian patronages, head up Canadian charities and accept appointments as colonel-in-chief of various Canadian military units, including the Canadian Rangers. His website shows no connection to any specific Canadian patronage or charity or organization. He does not speak French. He has limited—if any—understanding of the country.

There has been breathy talk of appointing him governor general to replace the uncharismatic Julie Payette. It could be done but it would take us backward into our colonial past when members of the royal family and other British grandees came over the Atlantic to represent the sovereign. The optics of replacing a francophone woman and astronaut from Quebec in Rideau Hall with a unilingual British prince and an American movie star are worse than awful.

The Sussexes, when they move here, must come as private citizens. And rather than being enamoured with the fleeting star power of the Sussexes, Ottawa should be focusing on helping Canadians get to know Charles, the Prince of Wales, the man who will one day be their king. He cannot make private visits to Canada. He only can come here at the invitation of the federal government. Most Canadians’ knowledge of him is filtered through the British press, which has its own bizarre agenda and viewpoint on the royal family.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/que...harles-should-be-the-only-royals-around-here/

I agree with this...oh, and their website referenced the Queen. What happens when Charles and then William is King? I’m already skeptical about Harry’s devotion to his dad - and right now he’s barely speaking to his brother. They are going to need him - the Queen will be gone, her cousins are elderly, Andrew is out of the way..It would be nice to think that Harry would support his family, especially since he’s apparently always been worried and insecure about his place in the family, abut perhaps not being valued enough...

I dotn know why he should feel he's not being valued enough. I think Charles has been pretty indulgent iwht him and William when they were younger.. because he didn't want to be too tough with them when they had tragically lost their mother so young and also because he himself was a busy man and while he tired to be there for them, perhaps felt he could not always be with them in their teens. Harry has had a privileged life.. compared with most of us.. and as a second son he had more freedom intially than WIlliam. He was able to have a full time army career for some years and to go into combat. WIlliam could not have doen that, and so I think Will did not feel the same commitment to his brief spells learning the various branches of the services. But he wanted to use his flying skills in the Air ambulance job and was able to do so.
Harry knows that as a younger son, he wont be King and will need to be there as the support tot his older brother.. but if that really bothered him, why not talk to Will and Charles years ago and sort this out? Say "I don't want to be the younger son, doing work but not ever going to be King and I want to be like say the Yorks, and not be a full time royal ever."
I don't think that the queen, Chalres and William would have been happy but it would have givene them time to try and work out how to manage all that..and find a replacment for Harry...
Besides, another point is taht Harry while he has made mistakes has usually been very popular with the press and public, as a nice young man, with a warm heart and a lively personality. He didn't get bad press (except when he deserved it) until he went into this "very serious and depressed and mixed up" mode...

I dotn know why he should feel he's not being valued enough. I think Charles has been pretty indulgent iwht him and William when they were younger.. because he didn't want to be too tough with them when they had tragically lost their mother so young and also because he himself was a busy man and while he tired to be there for them, perhaps felt he could not always be with them in their teens. Harry has had a privileged life.. compared with most of us.. and as a second son he had more freedom intially than WIlliam. He was able to have a full time army career for some years and to go into combat. WIlliam could not have doen that, and so I think Will did not feel the same commitment to his brief spells learning the various branches of the services. But he wanted to use his flying skills in the Air ambulance job and was able to do so.
Harry knows that as a younger son, he wont be King and will need to be there as the support tot his older brother.. but if that really bothered him, why not talk to Will and Charles years ago and sort this out? Say "I don't want to be the younger son, doing work but not ever going to be King and I want to be like say the Yorks, and not be a full time royal ever."
I don't think that the queen, Chalres and William would have been happy but it would have givene them time to try and work out how to manage all that..and find a replacment for Harry...
Besides, another point is taht Harry while he has made mistakes has usually been very popular with the press and public, as a nice young man, with a warm heart and a lively personality. He didn't get bad press (except when he deserved it) until he went into this "very serious and depressed and mixed up" mode...

I guess that’s always an issue with “the spare”, thinking he will be overlooked in favor of the heir...It seems apparent that Charles always intended for Harry to be part of a “slimmed down” monarchy, so who knows why Harry felt that way? It’s confusing because at the same time, he’s never wanted to be part of “the life” ...so, which is it?! He’s clearly loved and needed, so I guess it’s the latter...but then don’t make a stink about not being included in certain photos

I guess that’s always an issue with “the spare”, thinking he will be overlooked in favor of the heir...It seems apparent that Charles always intended for Harry to be part of a “slimmed down” monarchy, so who knows why Harry felt that way? It’s confusing because at the same time, he’s never wanted to be part of “the life” ...so, which is it?! He’s clearly loved and needed, so I guess it’s the latter...but then don’t make a stink about not being included in certain photos

I doubt if he was bothered about this "photos issue" that people bring up. He must have known there are times when the queen puts out certain photos to emphaisise the continuity of the monarchy and that means a focus on her direct heirs. He has to understand that, he has been a royal all his life.. And if he ISNT happy with being part of the RF, well then he really cant complain if he is not always "front and center". I think that while Harry used to give an impression of being a "jolly lad" without much brain but a good heart, who enjoyed life.. perhaps underneath it he was always a mixed up messed up young man who found royal life a strain.. but tried his best with it.. And who longed for love and appreciation from the public and in private..
I did get a vibe from him at times that he was a bit over anxious to be "Lovalabe popular Harry" with the public..adn so when the press and public began to criticise him and his new wife he reacted badly...
And alos, I think that perhaps with Meghan he DID long for a loving wife who coud put up with all the bad side of being royal and who would love him devotedly.. He longed for the sort of happy marriage in his private life that his brother has developed.. but he feared he would never get it as the women he seriously courted seemed to shy off from the idea of marrying a Royal... When he met Meghan and she seemed to love him and to be able to cope with the whole diffuclt side of royal life.. he was relieved and happy and rushed into marriage.. but perhaps he didn't consider that Meghan was influenced a bit by his status or that she didn't seem fazed by Royal life because she ddi not understand it. I thnk that Megan DID without meaning to deceive.. give him the impression that she was able to cope with it all because she DIDNT know England or the RF and did not know about the downside of such a life.. So, it all came as a shock to her what Royal and British life is really like.
When she got married and found the tabloids were hostile, the public weren't always kind, the RF were friendly but formal, there were a lot of expectations of proper behaviour, and not that much glamour, she rather freaked out and coud not take it... And I think that maybe all this terrifies poor Harry, that he is scared and feels he can't lose his adored wife but he is afraid that she's going to run away or end up in some disaster like his mother did. SO now he'll do anything that he thinks Is necessary to please her and keep their marriage together.

Last edited:

Where have Harry or Meghan said anything about that picture? The only people going on about it is the likes of us and the media grasping at straws. Let’s not make up things they did to illustrate opinions.

Some of you will say yes, the others may start to think about this statistic and how it impacts us (and Meghan and Harry...)

That is 'as nothing' to what they are getting now...

Last edited:
Some of you will say yes, the others may start to think about this statistic and how it impacts us (and Meghan and Harry...)

https://www.theguardian.com/global/...-twice-as-many-negative-headlines-as-positive

I don't doubt it, though I'm not sure it's fair to include stories published since their announcement. The numbers for Kate were more balanced during the same time, but I'd like to see an analysis of Kate's headline's at an equivalent time - the first two years after her relationship with William became public, or the first year after their marriage.

I
I did get a vibe from him at times that he was a bit over anxious to be "Lovalabe popular Harry" with the public..adn so when the press and public began to criticise him and his new wife he reacted badly...

I wonder - just speculating here. if this isn't the problem at the heart of the matter. The problem has always seemed that Harry is upset the people are not seeing Meghan like he sees her. That she isn't as loved by the everyone as much as he wants her to be. Harry doesn't seem to understand why the public isn't all hearts and kisses and overwhelming support and appreciation. And I wonder if it is the same as the family. Meghan might feel the same - she might just feel under appreciated. but really surely they understand that you can expect everyone on the planet to act or think the way you do.

I wonder - just speculating here. if this isn't the problem at the heart of the matter. The problem has always seemed that Harry is upset the people are not seeing Meghan like he sees her. That she isn't as loved by the everyone as much as he wants her to be. Harry doesn't seem to understand why the public isn't all hearts and kisses and overwhelming support and appreciation. And I wonder if it is the same as the family. Meghan might feel the same - she might just feel under appreciated. but really surely they understand that you can expect everyone on the planet to act or think the way you do.

Harry has been pretty clear as to what the issue is, he's publically stated it more than once. Nothing at all has been said about ppl not loving Meghan or seeing her like he does.

LaRae

I don't doubt it, though I'm not sure it's fair to include stories published since their announcement. The numbers for Kate were more balanced during the same time, but I'd like to see an analysis of Kate's headline's at an equivalent time - the first two years after her relationship with William became public, or the first year after their marriage.

I don't really get the argument. If you include the whole extend royal family - I would expect 90 per cent of all Edward's media to be negative and maybe 70 % of the Duke of Edinburgh. if we look at Andrew this month. Sophie's maybe 50 %. So what is this saying all reporting must be supportive, handclapping and glowing in praise. Is this where journalist is going now.

So her reporting wasn't fair - neither is the world but sometimes it is unfair in your advantage. Welcome to being a public figure.

This is now. Everyone gets a hard time once the honeymoon period's over - Waity Katie, Sophie and the Fake Sheikh, the Duchess of Pork. What about all that ridiculous fuss over Beatrice's hat? It was only a hat, but the press went on about it for weeks. And Camilla must really, really love Prince Charles to have hung around with the things that the press were saying about her, whereas it's mostly favourable now. If Meghan had given it a bit longer, I think things would have settled down for her too. And I bet most people feel under-appreciated in their jobs!

I think Doria Ragland is wonderful. Whilst Thomas and Samantha Markle have been shouting their mouths off to anyone who'll listen, she has not said a word.

I think a few salient points are being missed in the Meghan should have had more time to adjust before being thrown in head first debate.

Harry was born famous and has spent his life resenting the attention. Meghan was born a nobody and has spent her lifeseeking fame and attention. Meghan is an actress. She is a seasoned pro in front of the cameras and crowds and she is natural and experienced speaker. She wanted to “hit the ground running” and why wouldn’t she? She married into the most famous family in the world and was now the center of world attention. No television or movie role in the universe could eclipse this platform of fame. There was NO way she was going to sit on the sidelines and miss her spotlight. Mr. De Mille she was not only ready for the camera, she didn’t need you to direct her. Step aside.

Meghan’s problem within this institution isn’t the media negativity. It’s the structure and the limitations of her role in it. I think she considers herself and Harry as progressive Superstars, and she expected to be put front and center in modernizing the monarchy and bringing their causes front and center. I really don’t think she ever considered that she was only going to be a minor player on a much larger stage with more important players. Always having to stand or walk behind other family members and not being front and center wasn’t going to work for her. It was doomed from the get go because the Queen, Prince Charles, William and George were the real stars of this show. Harry and Meghan are support cast, which is not the role she had signed up for. The fact that Meghan doesn’t understand the monarchy, the country or the history and traditions is clear. Nor does she care to.

Bottom line is I don’t for a moment believe Meghan was thrown into the role before she was ready or that the media intrusion, racial slurs or protection for their Son was the the reasons they want to step back or leave. I believe they want a larger role in the world stage and they want to direct it, star in it and reap the financial rewards from their adoring public. Being a mere Royal isn’t enough. They want it all....or at least Meghan does. I believe Harry just wants to make her happy but at the cost of making others unhappy.

My two cents for what it’s worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think that he probably sees it for botht of them that he think they're not as appreciated as they should be. But people in the RF have usually tended to work on the assumption that the public and press can be very fickle (and that the press are jut there for making money...) that the public can love you one day and hate or dislike you the next.
I remember thinking a few years ago, I THNK It was before H was involved with Meghan that I found him a bit irritating because although likable, there was an element of trying too hard to be loved during his tours. As I've said, perhaps because of his unhappy loss in childhood, having a mother who was under a lot of stress, a somewhat distant father and then abruptly losing the beloved mother...I think that loss traumatised him very badly, and as he's sadi, it took a long time before he sought help for it.. and I feel that he is still looking for love from his wife.. who loves him but can't cope with Royal life any more.. and from the public who.. are not people who can really really love him.. and who may lose interest. So he has now gotten angry and upset and is trying to save his marriage by moving away, and get away from the British press..and try and make a new life for himself and his family...

I don't think the issue really is the part time vs full time thing . If that was the only problem they could easily have come to an agreement . The problem ,the way I see it, is that Harry and Meghan want to cherry pick which part of royal life they want. They want to keep all the perks but none of the responsibilities . They want to keep duchy funding while becoming "financially independent" (whatever that means ) which sounds strange coming from millionaires .

I think there is no way to compare that . With Kate it was a drip drip kind of situation . From the first rumours to those ski pics to the hightime of Kate stalking , the 2007 break up and the this is the year Waity finally stops waiting narrative . Over the time the media had uncovered all skeletons and turned every not so clean relative into a story . When they then got engaged it was all hype the fairy tale .
With Meghan all of this came together . So the media was at the same time digging for dirt and hyping a wedding .

Last edited:
Wow, how tragic. I’m not sure if I could or would ever truly forgive if that had happened to me...Hmm, perhaps they cut people off before these people could hurt them (anymore)?

From what I’ve read, if Diana got angry about something someone said or advice was offered that she didn’t like (because it wasn’t what she wanted to hear) — she’d drop them flat- no discussions, nothing. It was very immature and in the long run, not helpful to Diana herself.

An interesting article from the Economist -of all places- about Marx and the Sussex couple as a sign of exces of capitalism:

https://www.time24.news/2020/01/the...monarchy-greater-than-marx-international.html

original source: https://www.economist.com/britain/2020/01/16/harry-meghan-and-marx

Some quotes:

Predicting that their brand needs more drama:
This is exactly what makes me nervous. Even if the proceeds go toward charity the monetization of their royal "brand" will have a negative impact on the monarchy.

Despite of age, I truly don’t think the Queen would have de ied Harry and Meghan a much slower introduction to public life.
I was myself, amazed that it was not the case.

My British friends say no one would have objected, if they provided a proper reasonable explanation: international relocation and wanting to take time to adapt to her new adopted country and its culture, changing from an acting career to a life of service wanting to take a bit of time to study the country, the culture, the different charity work she can take on, and what her job will be (ie going to princess school so to speak), wanting to start a family as soon as possible and focusing on the child for a couple of years.
All are valid reasons, which would have been accepted by the queen and the British people on why she was not jumping and hitting the ground running.
Meanwhile she could have joined other members of the family on their engagements to learn from them.

I see people saying Harry should have taught her, well he told her- as he admitted himself in the interview- what being with him would be like.
Also: SHE’S was a freakin 36 year old woman!!! Not a 19 year old child with no life or living in a foreign country Experience.
She douldn’t have figured this out herself!?! Seriously, you don’t need to be a royal watcher, or have much understanding of royal life to understand that when you start a new job you should probably research and study for it before accepting the job.

I don’t think Meghan ever cared about duty or learning anything about British culture or even sticking around (I said two years ago I believe their marriage would last 5 years, I stand by this now more than ever- in fact I think she’s already checked out of that marriage but is sticking a bit more for publicity sake- if she was not she would stayed in the U.K. for the exit negotiations and not left Harry to deal with it alone), otherwise she would have worked twice hard to integrate into the royal family way of doing things.

I have seen this happen many times with immigrants, having lived in foreign country myself, those who took the time to learn the culture and customes and were patient with the locals in regards to friendship had a higher successful rate of acceptance and feeling at home in their adopted nation in the long run;while those who refused and stuck to their native homeland way of doing things and spoke badly about the culture and people of the country became increasingly miserable and had troubles forming friendships, they became islolated in their country mini “town” only dealing with those who came from their homeland.

Which brings a thought to my head:
Didn’t Doria and Thomas separated only after two years of marriage?
Well her first marriage lasted about two years.
Her relationship with the chef too.
And she and Harry (and thus her and the royal family) have been married for less than two years.

Feels a bit like a pattern.

:previous:

Iam not so sure about that. I felt when they were married that they DID seem to be being plunged in.. and that it seemed like the queen was reversing her prevous policy that she had followed iwht Will and kate. In the 80s, Diana and Sarah F both claimed that they were rather thrown in to Royal life and I thought that lessons had been learned from that and that new brides were given more time to acclimatise before they went into full time engagements. Will and Kate were both able to have a fairly normal life for a few years, dong some duties but not much and Will was working at his Pilot job. But when Harry and Meg got engaged and married they seemed to start off as full timers without her having had much time to get used to England or marriage.. THen she got pregnant as well quite ealry…
so I wondered if the queen's greater indulgence towards Kate (and Will) was more to do with the fact that they weren't needed right then to do the job than a real desire to give K more time.
Now in 2018/19 - I feel perhaps the queen had been thinking that time's running out... She is getting older and so are her children and her cousins.. Philip Is nearly 100 and retired and ill.
The Monarchy needs both grandsons and their wives doing the job if it is to fulfil a reasonable number of engagements and keep going..without drafting in any others like C's nieces and nephews or other cousins. So she was keen to get Meghan up to the starting line and push her into the job.. and if she had a baby, in the past year, they could have some time off but then it was back to work again....
So I don't know. Im nto saying she was browbeating her grandson's new wife but maybe she didn't feel it was necessary to go slow. Possibly Meghan came across as intelligent and very self confident and eager to start off working.. so she felt it was fine to get her on the duty roster.. And Meghan was keen and eager at first but drew back when she got a lot of criticism>?

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam not so sure about that. I felt when they were married that they DID seem to be being plunged in.. and that it seemed like the queen was reversing her prevous policy that she had followed iwht Will and kate. In the 80s, Diana and Sarah F both claimed that they were rather thrown in to Royal life and I thought that lessons had been learned from that and that new brides were given more time to acclimatise before they went into full time engagements. Will and Kate were both able to have a fairly normal life for a few years, dong some duties but not much and Will was working at his Pilot job. But when Harry and Meg got engaged and married they seemed to start off as full timers without her having had much time to get used to England or marriage.. THen she got pregnant as well quite ealry…
so I wondered if the queen's greater indulgence towards Kate (and Will) was more to do with the fact that they weren't needed right then to do the job than a real desire to give K more time.
Now in 2018/19 - I feel perhaps the queen had been thinking that time's running out... She is getting older and so are her children and her cousins.. Philip Is nearly 100 and retired and ill.
The Monarchy needs both grandsons and their wives doing the job if it is to fulfil a reasonable number of engagements and keep going..without drafting in any others like C's nieces and nephews or other cousins. So she was keen to get Meghan up to the starting line and push her into the job.. and if she had a baby, in the past year, they could have some time off but then it was back to work again....
So I don't know. Im nto saying she was browbeating her grandson's new wife but maybe she didn't feel it was necessary to go slow. Possibly Meghan came across as intelligent and very self confident and eager to start off working.. so she felt it was fine to get her on the duty roster.. And Meghan was keen and eager at first but drew back when she got a lot of criticism>?

I respectively disagree. If Meghan had felt she needed the time to accustom herself to her new position, her country and her role within the institution the Queen would have been more than accommodating. Meghan stated she was ready to hit the ground running and that is what she did. That is all on her. Not the Queen.

I think if Meghan had been say, a physical therapist coming into the Royal Family with no public experience, the Queen would have insisted on a slow beginning. But Meghan was older, with the background of a public career and seemed eager to jump in, and I think Harry supported that. So the Queen let them.
I do think real life as a spouse in the BRF was not at all what Meghan envisioned.
She absolutely didn’t like being hampered by protocol and hierarchy.

Last edited:
Beside the tragic moments of this mess,
I find it quite funny to see Meghan's family back in the media spreading their thoughts.
All the Markles seem to search and enjoy the limelight and making money for themselves
Thomas, Samatha, why should Meghan make an exception;-)
We do nothing else here but without being paid for it and thank God Meghan is none of my family.

I think if Meghan had been say, a physical therapist coming into the Royal Family with no public experience, the Queen would have insisted on a slow beginning. But Meghan was older, with the background of a public career and seemed eager to jump in, and I think Harry supported that. So the Queen let them.
I do think real life as a spouse in the BRF was not at all what Meghan envisioned.
She absolutely didn’t like being hampered by protocol and hierarchy.

I didn't see any indications she had issues with protocol or hierarchy.

It's obvious based on her few comments we've seen it was not like she thought it would be in some aspects.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom