The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And because she ain't weak but strong she is probably already (look at this belly at Canada House) or soon pregnant with the second child.
Harry was probably stupid enough and mischief to have married her without any plans for he if-case of a divorce, but I really do not care this is about money which they really (except Meghan) have enough of.

Strength is a very good thing, but not if it’s not tempered with kindness, compassion, understanding.

That reminds me - it does seem as if Charles truly has known Meghan all along. Remember - his nickname for her is Tungsten. Those qualities that he has seen in her are evident more than ever....in a bad way.

According to royal correspondent Russell Myers, Prince Charles and Meghan have a "strong bond" and "he's been calling her tungsten, the metal, because she is tough and unbending."
Prince Charles admires Meghan for her strength and the backbone she gives Harry, who needs a tungsten-type figure in his life as he can be a bit of a softy,’ a source reportedly told the tabloid.

Ah the 'little people' ? That will hardly make the 'waves' required, and doubtless they will contest these allegations in Court..

And i'm affraid you'll have to define and prove racism. If, indeed, Meghan was victim of obvious racism at Court, by words, gestures, it's of course and without any doubt perfectly condemnable and it has to be denounced right away.
But if she considered "racism" or "sexism" the fact than some courtiers maybe refused to do the things her own way, it's a totally different matter.
It's a slippery slop.

Meghan was a hardworking actress, she worked often 10-12 hours or more per day, had visions, plans, energy to make her and this world better. I can imagine, that she thought at the beginning, she can help and make more with the support of the royalhouse.. But then she recognized that these royals are only marionettes, who do not really care for issues behind the doors and sure not work too hard... (sure not so much as Meghan in filmindusty)... The english people can be happy, that Meghan doesn't want to paid for this laziness, and I think other royals should rather think about it and take an example.

If she doesn't want to be paid, why are they takng money from the Duchy of Cornwall?

Thank you for your contribution!

Only thing I would say, is, that Harry is no ordinary human being, but a Prince, what might count not much in America, but...

Does anybody remember the Romanov stories? I mean, NO, the Windsors are not the Romanovs! But Canada took in right a few of the Romanovs back then. Olga Alexandrovna and her husband Nikolai Kulikovsky come to mind.

Harry is not a refugee, with his life in danger if he stays in the UK!

Reactions: hel
They wanted to make themselves victims - first of the media and then of the BRF (how dare they react badly). NOW I think the Africa interview was a HUGE set up, planting the seeds in trying to get public sympathy in their side before nuking everything to bits. Tom Mouthpiece is lousy at his job, though, because between his insults to the BRF and his blackmail comments, what he’s done is turn people against H and M

I think it's notable that the "William's friend" story and the TB blackmail story came out in the same issue.

Leaving aside whether the "friend" is a credible source, the fact remains that the article written "from William's POV" was conciliatory and contained no shots at the Sussexes. The one written from the Suxxexes POV by their new mouthpiece definitely took aim at the royal family.

It is not a good look for the Sussexes, to be honest.

If she doesn't want to be paid, why are they takng money from the Duchy of Cornwall?

I don't think, that they will take it in the future... They won't need it. They can make their own business without the royalhouse. And I am sure, they will earn more money so as now in the BRF...

I think it's notable that the "William's friend" story and the TB blackmail story came out in the same issue.

Leaving aside whether the "friend" is a credible source, the fact remains that the article written "from William's POV" was conciliatory and contained no shots at the Sussexes. The one written from the Suxxexes POV by their new mouthpiece definitely took aim at the royal family.

That’s a very good point.....

Harry is not a refugee, with his life in danger if he stays in the UK!

Harry not, but when things go on Meghan can apply for asylum eslewhere as the Brits will chase her LOL she, herself has always believed this anyway.
Good idea, nobody mentioned before, Meghan a refugee in Canada because if those evil British people and of course she can bring her poor husband and son along. Sure the Canadians have regugee programs to deal with it. Though she speaks both english and french there are fears she will not adjust like elsewhere before, but isn't that great, she will soon run away again to some better place, husband and a family she never wanted sorry had?

Irony is at its best with those two :D

They are doing all this because they want to be financially indipendent and want privacy, but all they're getting is more attention and criticism from the media and the public.
Meghan was never suited for this life nor wanted to adjust to it and Harry is doing everything in his power to make her happy, not thinking about the consequences.
It's a pity Harry has alienated himself from his brother and sister in law, from his father and grandmother. I think one day he'll regret this decision.
It's been like that for a while - their attempts to have more control and privacy just caused more vitriol from the press and public than if they did absolute nothing. One would think after two years they'd realize this is not working - and I think they do - which causes me to think it's not privacy and quiet that they crave.
Anyone who's watching the royals for a while though shouldn't be surprised that Harry is ready to take on the world for his wife and family, even if it includes isolating himself from his immediate family, his father, brother, grandparents. He waited and waited to have his own family and now that he has it, I doubt there's anything that will stop him or make him think for even a second.

I think it's pretty clear from reading the press/internet, that we have two camps here and that certain "journalist" are being asked to write a word or two by BOTH sides. (Then there's just tabloids making money, but hey, no one suspected that this will change, did they?) The problem is that one side is playing by the rules and doesn't want to say or do anything that would result in a complete termination of family relationship, while the other is going in full-speed, no breaks, no prisoners taken.

Viscount Linley, also the grandson of a monarch, opened a furniture shop. You don't need a university degree in order to be able to pursue a career.

Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...an-markle-prince-harry-stepping-down-details/

I also wonder how all members of the press tend to work with Harry and Meghan in the future. I am absolutely certain Harry and Meghan will continue to work for the Firm and these extremely bitchy articles only confirm what has been happening from the start. They confirm what H&M have complained about. Do these members of the press really think they'll get access?

Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...an-markle-prince-harry-stepping-down-details/

I also wonder how all members of the press tend to work with Harry and Meghan in the future. I am absolutely certain Harry and Meghan will continue to work for the Firm and these extremely bitchy articles only confirm what has been happening from the start. They confirm what H&M have complained about. Do these members of the press really think they'll get access?
Lord, seriously, I get that the general press is making a mess with titles, because they don't know better, but Omid Scobie considers himself a royal reporter yet this article begins with "Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's (...)", so I pretty much decided to stop reading after that.

But TBH, I'm quite worried about a possibility of another tell-all interview. It's BRF, please show me one interview that ended well. Not in the past and not recently. Why this couldn't be solved another way than this..? Was it really impossible to try to negotiate with HMQ and Prince Charles without going public? I just want to know what's going on in everyone's head right now.

Viscount Linley, also the grandson of a monarch, opened a furniture shop. You don't need a university degree in order to be able to pursue a career.

Thank you.
No of course one does not need a degree but one needs to work,
which the Sussex do not intend to.

Going back to the issue of security, could anyone please describe how law enforcement operates in Canada ? For example, are police services under the jurisdiction of the federal government or the provincial governments ?

More specifically , what I want to know is who would pay for Harry and Meghan’s security assuming they lived for example in Toronto and the Canadian police were responsible for it. Would it be the federal government of Canada or the government of the province of Ontario ?

I think it was clearly in jest and I didn't read any discomfort.

Also, I thought that by this point the deal had already been signed so...Disney was already giving money to their wild life charity... that was the whole point in them attending the premiere and Meghan had already agreed to the voice over work too.
It seems very unlikely that Meghan had already agreed to the voice over work. Harry first tells Disney's CEO that Meghan does voice-overs (not did (which would be an indication of her former job, but does - even though she is no longer an actress) and after finding out that the CEO didn't know says "She is really interested". That doesn't sound like a done deal. Of course, they already had some kind of deal and understanding as to their collaboration (as Disney promised to donate money to H&M's foundation to be (specifically not to the wildlife initiatives by The Royal Foundation, i.e. William's work in that area)) but this seems to be Harry trying to move the collaboration to the next level by offering Meghan's services (so this must have been preplanned by the two of them).

Going back to the issue of security, could anyone please describe how law enforcement operates in Canada ? For example, are police services under the jurisdiction of the federal government or the provincial governments ?

More specifically , what I want to know is who would pay for Harry and Meghan’s security assuming they lived for example in Toronto and the Canadian police were responsible for it. Would it be the federal government of Canada or the government of the province of Ontario ?

As with many things, there are three levels of police in Canada: federal, provincial, and municipal.

At the municipal level, larger cities will have their own police forces (Toronto Police Services, for example).

Two provinces have their own provincial police forces, Ontario and Quebec. The OPP provides provincial policing as well as policing for small municipalities. They also provide a co-ordinating role in cross-jurisdictional investigations.

At the federal level, we have the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In addition to providing federal-level policing, they provide the provincial police in several provinces and policing at several international airports.

Crucially, and to your point, they also provide the RCMP Protective Policing Service, which provides security details for protected persons.

Last edited:
Agreed- It seems unlikely anyone in KP wanted this leaked. For sure William and Kate did not. It didn’t benefit them at all for this mess to become public before decisions were finalized. It’s not their way anyway. It’s possible some advisor leaked this- but it seems less likely. Especially when you take into account what happened after the leak.

It makes way more sense for someone on the Sussex side to have leaked this. And look at their response: they announced with no notice to the family they were doing this.

There was no effort to work with the family. People can say they “had” to announce due to the leak. I don’t agree, but even if you accept that premise- nothing explains not acting WITH the family in making the statement. They blindsided them instead. (…)
I still don't know what exactly was leaked: just the general thought that H&M were looking into a different approach that might include living part of the year outside of Britain? Or was their detailed plan (as explained on their website) about to be leaked?

Last edited:
Charles will fly back from the Gulf nation of Oman, where he was attending a condolence ceremony Sunday following the death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said. https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7bab00-3534-11ea-a1ff-c48c1d59a4a1_story.html. I was wondering how Prince Charles was going to pay respects in Oman and attend the Monday meetings, a bit of a rough schedule. Despite my really wanting this to work out for the Harry and Megan, they were pretty selfish in the way they went about the process of "stepping down".

Lord, seriously, I get that the general press is making a mess with titles, because they don't know better, but Omid Scobie considers himself a royal reporter yet this article begins with "Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's (...)", so I pretty much decided to stop reading after that.

But TBH, I'm quite worried about a possibility of another tell-all interview. It's BRF, please show me one interview that ended well. Not in the past and not recently. Why this couldn't be solved another way than this..? Was it really impossible to try to negotiate with HMQ and Prince Charles without going public? I just want to know what's going on in everyone's head right now.

They are using it as leverage to try and get a better deal. I am so shocked that Harry is going down this route of point scoring. He has lost the public on this one. I really do believe if they had just announced a step back either for 1 year or permanent, everything would have been fine. What is going against them is the obvious planning, plus expecting the perks of the job that they will no longer be doing.

I still don't know what exactly was leaked? Just the general thought that H&M were looking into a different approach that might include living part of the year outside of Britain? Or was their detailed plan (as explained on their website) about to be leaked?

I didn't read the Sun article but from what I have gathered it appeared to suggest that H & M wanted to step down from royal duties. I do not know how detailed an article it was, but later that day they issued the statement and downloaded the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't know what exactly was leaked? Just the general thought that H&M were looking into a different approach that might include living part of the year outside of Britain? Or was their detailed plan (as explained on their website) about to be leaked?

The "leak" was the following article, published by The Sun the day before the couple made their announcement:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10693487/prince-harry-meghan-move-to-canada/

It begins with:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are looking to move to Canada for a significant portion of this year as they actively consider their future role in the Royal Family.

Long-term options being floated include the Sussexes relinquishing their HRH titles or relocating their office to Canada.

The Sun has learned they will start discussing their plans with senior royals – expected to include the Queen and Prince Charles – in the coming days.

But sources stressed the talks are preliminary and nothing has yet been finalised.

[...]

and then quotes further details (ETA: not of their specific plans, but arguments in support of the move) from anonymous "friends of the couple".

Last edited:
I don't see jealousy from other members of the BRF, but surely i see maybe exasperation from members who spent ages playing by the rules and see the Sussexes basically doing what they want. It's not envy it's a reaction to a situation profoundly unfair to the other members of the BRF and sureley judged as selfish compared to the usual "team" spirit of the Firm.
Again we can judge the Monarchy as an old intitution, out of touch with bygone rules. It's probably not wrong but again changing takes time and reflection and above all it has to come from the top.
Who do the Sussexes think they are by declaring themselves reformer of the Monarchy ? It's not their role to try to unilaterally modernize the Monarchy, it's their role to SUPPORT the head of the House who will eventually try to changes things.

Last night i rewatched the interview with Kenneth Harris of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. It's amazing how history is eerily repeating itself.

He thought he could step down from being king , marry Wallis, then just come back and live here.

He under estimated his sister in law, it didnt happen.

You forgot this in your pretty little inventory : from the Royal collections
https://www.rct.uk/collection/search#/14/collection/30390/mantel-clock

So yeah they are all a sad bunch of bloody racists.
Meghan is a victim.
Her contardictors are, also, by extension, racists.
Case closed. Everyone can sleep now.
Wouhou !

Inhave not read all these articles mentioned above but Harry himself has no right to complain he once wore a Nazi-uniform what shall all the jews say?
Ridiculous to talk about racism from this point of view.
After all the RF hardly has born british blood, they are Germans to a very high percentage tüif really looked at. LOL

They are using it as leverage to try and get a better deal. I am so shocked that Harry is going down this route of point scoring. He has lost the public on this one. I really do believe if they had just announced a step back either for 1 year or permanent, everything would have been fine. What is going against them is the obvious planning, plus expecting the perks of the job that they will no longer be doing.

It’s no way to treat your father or grandmother...this isn’t Harry at all; I really think it’s Meghan’s influence

He thought he could step down from being king , marry Wallis, then just come back and live here.

No one wanted him. He was a Nazi sympathizing ne’er do well...

But he was once King, Harry has no important role ;
though enough to make trouble if they don't stop him.
So these two cannot be compared and remember Wallis stayed with Him,
if Meghan will?

This has already been discussed widely, if you go back some pages it is to be found.

You forgot this in your pretty little inventory : from the Royal collections
https://www.rct.uk/collection/search#/14/collection/30390/mantel-clock

So yeah they are all a sad bunch of bloody racists.
Meghan is a victim.
Her contardictors are, also, by extension, racists.
Case closed. Everyone can sleep now.
Wouhou !
Not sure what ‘contardictors’ are???
I’ve reread my post & I made no reference to Meghan whatsoever - not sure why you assumed I was labeling her a victim. Nor did I label ‘all...bloody racists’ - no need to set up a straw man argument to obfuscate the fact that Phillip and Andrew have been accused of uttering offensive racist comments long before Harry met Meghan.
And no need to to be condescending, labeling my listing of sources for the quotations as a ‘pretty little inventory.’ I try to treat all posters with respect and I would appreciate the same courtesy.
I certainly hope that most members of the RF are not racist or bigoted, but there is evidence that some are...insensitive.

Very underhanded. Greed is an amazing thing to see. Has he always been like this, perhaps. I’m not a fan of her by any means but we wouldn’t be discussing any of this if he weren’t “all in”. She might have loaded the gun but his fingers pulled the trigger on this. Very ugly.

Never thought she respected the Queen. IMO she was too busy cozying up coyly to the POW.

How did Harry, a member of the royal family growing up in Great Britain not anticipate that marrying a biracial woman was not going to be problematic. Hind sight 20/20 could anything have been done to prevent the current situation the Sussexes feel they are in? Probably not. Obvious their problems go beyond racism. It appears narcissism has been offered up as well. Good luck tomorrow, I truly hope for the best for everyone involved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom