The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry gets £2million from the Duchy of cornwall and has been given the job as Commonwealth prince. How on earth is that "not being supported" or "kicked out". This was meant to be his full time role, and he is supported by his father so as to do that role. he was always intended to be a working royal, supporting his father, the queen and evetnaully William. If he didn't like the idea he should not have accepted the job.

I absolutely agree. It appears to me that Harry and Meghan are not satisfied with representing the BRF, the UK and the common Wealth Countries. If they were, then they would be happy traveling to the common wealth countries throughout the year and remaining in the UK as Seniors in the RF. Clearly they feel they are more important and therefore are not willing to settle as working Royals supporting the Crown. They want to be a Global Super Couple using their "brand" to support and promote causes independent of the UK, BRF, Common wealth, etc... That is a slippery slope and one I see them sliding down without brakes putting themselves, the BRF and the UK in precarious situations. They have already proven they have no intention of being reigned in or following the rules, so unless there are serious consequences laid out to them, I see this being a disaster.

I don't think Meghan has the slightest understanding of the family and institution
she married into, and I am not surprised she is trying to distance herself and her child as far from it as humanly possible. I think she wants out of the obligations and structure of it and has given Harry a ultimatum that either they live outside the UK and pursue their own life as their own "brand" or she is done. It may be he is doing everything he can to make her happy and trying to save his marriage. That is only my opinion.....who knows, but I really don't see this marriage going the long haul. I just don't.

They’re important in the sense that it would be great to have them around, happy in their roles as supporting players to Harry’s grandmother, then his father and then his brother. Basically like Princess Anne - a hard worker who plays by the rules does what she’s asked and no more, and checks her ego at the door.
They will become less important as time goes on, and also in the sense that the BRF can get along fine without them if need be. Charles will be a workhorse until he dies. William and Catherine have been steadily becoming more prominent for several years now. Anne, Edward and Sophie have enough sense of duty that they’ll continue working, and possibly take even more on, if it’s needed and if they’re asked. Beatrice and Eugenie seem like good spirited and steady women who I think would be able to shake off any negative opinions people may have of them due to their parents if they started with small engagements and worked up. William’s children are already being appropriately exposed to royal life and should be active participants by the time they’re teenagers. Likely they won’t have the luxury of being private citizens until their mid 20s like their father and uncle had, and will be quite capable of balancing part time royal work with their university studies. All that is better than having Harry and Meghan stay around but be the source of new drama and friction every few months.

And in terms of Harry and Meghan being reliable, you’ve got to be joking. Harry talking about his relationship with his brother and Meghan talking about her seemingly never ending struggles just as William was going on an important foreign visit? Informing everyone they were taking what basically amounted to six weeks of stress leave and using that time to come up with and release a plan for them to step back that included no input from the BRF? Releasing the statement without informing his father or his grandmother and sovereign first? How is any of that reliable?

Aren't the BRF (Heads Together) supposed to be all about openly talking about mental health now and how ppl need to stop hiding their problems? William has been very front and center about this. Why should any of them now have a problem with The Sussexes talking publically about their struggles?

They family was not unaware of what The Sussexes wanted to do so to say they had no input is perhaps not accurate. We don't know what all had even been worked out prior to the release. It was clear from the BP statement that discussions were going on. They should of have waited and released statements together. There are several theories as to why they didn't (already hashed over several times here).

Still not seeing how they are unreliable. Are they missing engagements?

LaRae

This is especially where the problem will lie - you can imagine when one day the Australian tour of King William is overlooked by Prince Harry launching the new Tesla. The problem is the same they had with the Duke of Windsor - that he could overshadow the King.

Whilst they may have had a commonwealth focus, something they appeared passionate about which they have now abandoned. He is not a commonwealth Prince.
Some are more literal than others in their use of words. Of course, he was still a British prince but with a clear Commonwealth focus. I assume that was what the poster who wrote it thought about.

My bolding, sorry to what do you refer to as mundane royal stuff? Do you mean day to day engagements, where members of the public and her royal patronages get to see a hard working royal who is representing her mother where possible? Sorry I don't see how any of that is mundane, or in your tone to be looked down upon.
I don't think it is something to look down upon if someone is doing the hard work being involved with lots and lots of different organizations without receiving lots of praise or attention. I see that as commitment and a clear sense of duty (so the interpretation is yours); I personally think Anne is doing great! But it is also clear that that is not what the younger generation envisioned as how they wanted to go about royal life (neither William nor Harry); they wanted 'more involvement' in their causes - which is a natural progression imho.

In regards to him being a workhorse prince, that was what his life was always going to be about. He should be representing his grandmother, and in later years his father for years to come. He is a royal prince, and he's 35 and before all this nonsense he was highly over shadowed on the engagement front by his Aunt and Uncles.
I am not so sure that just have large numbers of engagements (which is what I meant with 'workhorse prince') was what his life was going to be about. The fact that while full-time working royals both William and Harry have far fewer engagements than their father and aunt among other things because they are more involved with a smaller number of causes, was something I expected to continue. Again, imo a natural progression of royal work; slowly changing with the times/each generation.

It was a pretty plummy appointment.. I can't see how it can be said that they were not offered/ set up with the Commonwealth Role... Harry has said that he loves Africa, and would surely welcome chances to go there and work for people in Commonwealth coutnries there.. And I can't see why it wasn't a "good enough job" for them.. or why they didn't refuse it earlier.... if they did not like it...

I mentioned before that, when asked about that in the infamous ITV documentary, Harry said he considered relocating to Cape Town, but concluded it would have been problematic to do so given "all the problems going on right now there" (or something similar, I don't remember the exact words).

I suppose he was referring to issues in South Africa like violence/crime, or maybe he was concerned about infrastructure or schooling for Archie (even though the Western Cape has excellent British-style private schools). My perception, however, is that Canada was primarily Meghan's choice because it suits her perfectly. As I wrote in an exchange with Countessmeout (who is Canadian), Harry, in my opinion, would adjust better (culturally) to a place like Australia or South Africa than Canada, which is very North American, albeit with its own idiosyncrasies like Québec.

Last edited:
I think this begins the end of the BRF! Not because of Harry and Meghan but because EII is a VERY weak head of family.

It seems that the British public wants swift action on this and they are not going to get it. EII has spent her entire life avoiding confrontation, hard decisions about family until it is too late and a lot of damage has been inflicted.

As a grandmother she is right to want to do what is best for Harry and keep him happy. But as the Head of the Firm, she needs to listen to her shareholders (British Public) and take action immediately.

As the hours tick by, it is becoming obvious that they are trying to find a solution where Harry and Meghan will leave with their titles, styles and public money paid security protection in multiple countries while doing only the BRF events they want and blatantly monetizing their titles.

It seems that there is already significant public demands that they be stripped of all titles and styles and no public funds be used on them. Having them swan the world on taxpayer funds will not go down well with the public (with the impending Brexit magnifying the situation). This will create significant backlash against the BRF and it might just be too late for them to do anything to quiet the discontent.

Aren't the BRF (Heads Together) supposed to be all about openly talking about mental health now and how ppl need to stop hiding their problems? William has been very front and center about this. Why should any of them now have a problem with The Sussexes talking publically about their struggles?

They family was not unaware of what The Sussexes wanted to do so to say they had no input is perhaps not accurate. We don't know what all had even been worked out prior to the release. It was clear from the BP statement that discussions were going on. They should of have waited and released statements together. There are several theories as to why they didn't (already hashed over several times here).

Still not seeing how they are unreliable. Are they missing engagements?

LaRae
I doubt the idea of Heads Together - or openly talking about mental health instead of hiding with their problems - is running to a paper or a tv station because you have issues with your brother. If you understood their message in that way, could you maybe explain which part of their activity told anything about airing your dirty laundry on a tv?

Missing engagements is not the only way people can prove unreliable. And you fully well know they do not, which is why you're using this example to prove your point. So, to answer this question - no, they're not missing any engagements.

I don't think it is something to look down upon if someone is doing the hard work being involved with lots and lots of different organizations without receiving lots of praise or attention. I see that as commitment and a clear sense of duty (so the interpretation is yours); I personally think Anne is doing great! But it is also clear that that is not what the younger generation envisioned as how they wanted to go about royal life (neither William nor Harry); they wanted 'more involvement' in their causes - which is a natural progression imho.

The definition of the word you chose to describe The Princess Royals work is "lacking interest or excitement; dull". You chose the word, not me. :flowers:

In regards to the "more involvement", whilst I can't imagine that any royal is able to name all their patronages and the people who are linked to them. I can certainly imagine that Anne is heavily involved in public and behind the scenes. Case in point is her involvement in the Scottish Rugby Union, she attends every six nations match of there's when another engagement is not booked in advance, she shows commitment to former and previous players her message and presenting on an award to Doddie Weir last year is also proof of this. She doesn't just cut ribbons and walks away, which is my interpretation of what you're saying.

The fact that while full-time working royals both William and Harry have far fewer engagements than their father and aunt among other things because they are more involved with a smaller number of causes, was something I expected to continue. Again, imo a natural progression of royal work; slowly changing with the times/each generation.

I, personally, and I believe others as well do not see William, Catherine, Henry nor Meghan as full time working royals. They are senior royals, but they simply do not do enough engagements to represent the crown. Whilst I imagine it will increase year on year, it should have increased faster than it has. The reason being is unknown, it's be thrown around that is because The Queen wanted her grandchildren to have time to be just that before stepping into royal life. They're all approaching 40 now, they've had time IMO.

Henry clearly didn't see this future for himself, however I disagree that this wasn't what the RF nor his father planned for him.

As the hours tick by, it is becoming obvious that they are trying to find a solution where Harry and Meghan will leave with their titles, styles and public money paid security protection in multiple countries while doing only the BRF events they want and blatantly monetizing their titles.

It seems that there is already significant public demands that they be stripped of all titles and styles and no public funds be used on them. Having them swan the world on taxpayer funds will not go down well with the public (with the impending Brexit magnifying the situation). This will create significant backlash against the BRF and it might just be too late for them to do anything to quiet the discontent.
If Meghan and Harry will leave, free to do whatever they want, with everything they have now, not paying for Frogmore and still getting public money will be the first time in my life when I will be against the british monarchy. Sure, let's pay for the royal family, I don't mind at all. But pay for celebrities living in another country? Just no.

The prospect of Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine :

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...-typical-she-s-just-complained-more-1.5420972

I think what I always think about Ms. Seward's texts: she is always defending her own position as the editor of Majesty-magazine. Self-serving lady.

There is a reason why Harry and Meghan left London and moved to a place under the noise carpet of Heathrow: to be mostly untraceable. Untraceable because they could leave their cottage on several private roads, on no given time, so it simply was not worth for paps to wait at some place for the whole day with noone showing up. It will be the same in the other home in North America. Plus they could use the whole gardens at Frogmore to walk undetected. There was a reason they picked this old and worndown house, even if they knew that they would be told on and on how much it cost the taxtpayer to modernize it (when in fact not much cost the tax payer anything, it was all their landlord the Crown Estate's money). And I don't think Meghan went shopping much, she had surely her wardrobe send to her from her friends, hence the amount it costs: they surely thought no need to save money for Meghan and she needed the things to use on Royal engagements.

I now hope it will work out for them, they use their time living quietly in Canada to work for their projects and in the Uk to be doing engagements for their charities and for the Royal family.

I doubt the idea of Heads Together - or openly talking about mental health instead of hiding with their problems - is running to a paper or a tv station because you have issues with your brother. If you understood their message in that way, could you maybe explain which part of their activity told anything about airing your dirty laundry on a tv?

Missing engagements is not the only way people can prove unreliable. And you fully well know they do not, which is why you're using this example to prove your point. So, to answer this question - no, they're not missing any engagements.

First off the rumors about the brothers had been going on months. Harry did not run to the media about that. He was asked and he made it clear they would always be brothers and support one another.

Them mentioning they were struggling (which Harry has done before) is not airing dirty laundry. This attitude is exactly what they are supposed to be working against with their HT campaign.

No one yet has shown they are unreliable. Have they made some 'bad' decisions yes. Them wanting to step back and change how they work within the family does not make them unreliable. They've made it very clear they intend to continue/want to continue with their engagements and patronages and then some. They aren't shirking work to go off and live on a yatch.

LaRae

First off the rumors about the brothers had been going on months. Harry did not run to the media about that. He was asked and he made it clear they would always be brothers and support one another.

Them mentioning they were struggling (which Harry has done before) is not airing dirty laundry. This attitude is exactly what they are supposed to be working against with their HT campaign.

No one yet has shown they are unreliable. Have they made some 'bad' decisions yes. Them wanting to step back and change how they work within the family does not make them unreliable. They've made it very clear they intend to continue/want to continue with their engagements and patronages and then some. They aren't shirking work to go off and live on a yatch.

LaRae
Well... He kind of did, it was on TV. And to me, it's airing dirty laundry. You want to talk about struggling and mental health? Sure. Talk. But maybe not to the media (that you hate so much), but go for a pint with your brother and talk things through. Go to therapy. And don't use talking about mental health, PTSD and your own, dead mother in a ploy - that actually didn't even work - to gain sympathy from the public.

And with the other stuff, I'll just repeat my earlier post:
As far as the unreliable part... To me, they did. Coming forward with this plan while they were asked to wait a bit until a solid plan will be in place is unreliable as hell. And before you'll yell at me that this is just tabloid gossip, if BP/CH/KP were ready for the Sussexes to come forward with their plan, EVERYTHING would already be in place. Meghan running away to Canada and leaving Harry to come up with a solution - unreliable. Once again making a mess out of a situation that could be resolved maybe not more quietly, but definitely in a calmer way - unreliable.

Not to mention, it might not be possible for them to continue with their royal duties - oh sorry, collaborating with HMQ - while they're being "financially independent" and making "professional income", depending on what kind of business activity they have in mind.

Informing everyone they were taking what basically amounted to six weeks of stress leave and using that time to come up with and release a plan for them to step back that included no input from the BRF? Releasing the statement without informing his father or his grandmother and sovereign first? How is any of that reliable?

I think we know now that they informed the queen and the PoW about their wish and they were working on arrangements, when the info was leaked. So interna of their wishes became public before the PR machinery of the Palace could clean it up. Everything else was just the media reporting evil nonsense. The queen and Charles knew and have tried to help.

The York sisters are ready and willing to be senior/working Royals but are not permitted, the Sussexes are senior/working Royals and don't want to be.

Oh, the irony!:whistling:

I thought about this too. Cut off the funding to Harry and Meghan and let the York Princess step in.

Quite - 'application' and hard work are clearly anathema to the 'Duchess' - i'm delighted , and millions of Brits will feel the same this evening..

I hope they will be renouncing their Titles, and starting their new life as Mr & Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor

I believe they should give up their titles, the HRH status, and Prince Charles should stop funding them with the Duchy of Cornwall. Let them be independent. I believe Harry will deeply regret this decision one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never said that they are not needed. It was always clear that Charles was working towards the RF being him, his wife, and his heir and Kate, supported by Harry and HIs wife..adn the oter Royals who have been part of the show would retire as they grew older. None of them are being replaced by their children who have tehir own private lives. But if Charles cannot get H and Meg to play their part, he will have to cut back further. they may be "needed" technically but they are too unrelaiable.

This talk about a "sllimed-down monarchy" appears to be a red herring created by Team Sussex to justify their unjustifiable behavior (US spelling). But, anyway, giving them the benefit of the doubt and tying this discussion to what I said in the "How many working royals are needed " forum, I don't think there is any realistic possibility that Harry and Meghan would be sidelined during Charles' reign. However, I believe Harry might have had concerns that he will be out when William is King and George/Charlotte are in their early 30s and ready to take full-time royal duties and maybe married. Keep in mind Harry will be still a fairly young 60-year-old by that time.

Personally, I don't think Harry's fears (if they actually exist) are justified, but I believe the rumors that his problems are with his brother and sister-in-law, more so than with his father.

Last edited:
Live on his personal money left to him and her own money presumably. Heck, He can get a job if need be! Plenty of minor Royals and Royal relations have them.

But if they happen to seriously think they can sustain their current lifestyle indefinitely on private money they may be in for shock. And for sure using Royal connections for projects, philanthropy and charity should stop.

I agree. The should not be allowed to call their brand "Sussex Royal." They should be required to take the "Royal" off of it. That is, if they truly want to be independent.

Last edited:
In answer to the poster asking for people's views, I made a longish post yesterday - it's good so do read it ;) Today I asked my daughter, who is the same age as Harry & Meghan. She said that she thinks H&M could lose support amongst her generation of Brits because most of them are budgeting to pay their mortgages (many are still renting), juggling young children with work, paying off their student loans, leaving them with a limited disposable income for high expense items like holidays, new cars, designer clothes etc. She really likes all the young royals but says they are incredibly privileged already & shouldn't seek to make themselves even richer through commercial deals.

She's glad they're taking legal action about the lies & defamation & is appalled by the extent of vitriol that's been poured on Meghan in the last 2 years. As a young Mum herself, she feels huge empathy with her & stresses how vulnerable you can feel. She remarked that Meghan is on a different continent to her closest friends & her Mum & how isolating that could be.

She also added that she thinks Meghan has been a bit 'too much' from the start. She cited her doing most of the talking in the engagement interview & 'doing her own thing' before she learnt how to be a BRF member. She thinks Meghan should have been quieter, less focused on her own goals (at least publicly) & spent more time shadowing the Queen, Princess Anne etc. She admires her work ethic & loves the charity work she's done but says it's too much, too quickly, & too focused on Meghan's own agenda.

In conclusion, she hopes they stay within the BRF and thinks if they go down the commercial route, they'll just be celebrities & will have squandered their 'royalness'.

Apologies if the above is a bit rambly but our conversation took place while attempting to entertain two under-5s!

LaRae

Harry was asked the question by his good friend reporter. The same one who is running around as their mouthpiece now. This topic was completely avoidable imo. Again- who care about the rumors. No need to confirm. It was no one’s business.

There’s talking about mental health to friends, family and counselors- and there’s whining and clearly trying to get sympathy from a world wide audience that you’re miserable and don’t get along with your brother. That’s all that was in my view. It was a warm up for this announcement.

Anyway- that’s a bit OT- though I think that interview was all about getting sympathy in advance for this move.

This entire mess smacks of unreliability. It’s a family business. They can’t just hire anyone to replace the void. You commit to FT and in very short order drop out. You’re unreliable when you just go off and announce you’re stepping back and give details that haven’t been agreed upon to the world without prior notice. It makes them un-trustworthy. Which is also being unreliable.

Of course- they’re not missing engagements. For obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Making bad decisions leads to unreliability.
They have beyond a doubt proven they are not only unreliable but untrustworthy as well.

"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty the Queen...

We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support."
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/monarchalypse-harry-meghan-step-back-senior-royals

What? So, they want to continue to "support the Queen" and "continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties" but be independent?

Sorry, sounds half baked to me!

More like: We want to live off out titles... A new Märtha Luise of Norway thingy incoming...

This statement of "collaborate with the Queen" reeks to me of arrogance. Members of the Royal Family do not "collaborate" with the Queen. She is the boss and they do what she tells them, or they are supposed to.

Last edited:
I think we know now that they informed the queen and the PoW about their wish and they were working on arrangements, when the info was leaked. So interna of their wishes became public before the PR machinery of the Palace could clean it up. Everything else was just the media reporting evil nonsense. The queen and Charles knew and have tried to help.

Why does it matter if it was leaked? Where does that give them the right to uni- laterally announce this and blindside the family with their decision to do so? Stuff is leaked all the time. They could have dealt with that as a cohesive unit.

And leak or no leak- that website was thoroughly unnecessary until real decisions had been made.

The definition of the word you chose to describe The Princess Royals work is "lacking interest or excitement; dull". You chose the word, not me. :flowers:

In regards to the "more involvement", whilst I can't imagine that any royal is able to name all their patronages and the people who are linked to them. I can certainly imagine that Anne is heavily involved in public and behind the scenes. Case in point is her involvement in the Scottish Rugby Union, she attends every six nations match of there's when another engagement is not booked in advance, she shows commitment to former and previous players her message and presenting on an award to Doddie Weir last year is also proof of this. She doesn't just cut ribbons and walks away, which is my interpretation of what you're saying. .

I have been told that Edward pretty much has a full time job just with the Duke of Edinburgh Awards and Anne with the Save the Children. It is not reported and therefore not know. They do not shine a light of their involvement enough - but they are happy to do so. But those charities will suffer terribly if they are forced to send less time with them.

While I was all up in arms and gung ho for Charles to not fund Harry at all, I have to admit that it’s complicated by Harry being his son. Charles is in no way going to completely cut Harry off - I’m sure a workable solution will be found that isn’t tantamount to caving in.

As to a “slimmed down” monarchy, it just seems to me that despite Harry’s hapoy-go-lucky nature, down deep he’s as insecure as many of us are, and he thinks deeply about things (that is juvenile antics years ago probably persuaded people he wasn’t capable of. There’s still a little boy inside the man who, while maybe he ever expressed it, was worried that his older brother would get all the attention and love while he was relatively ignored. I’m sure I read a Diana quote from long ago where she stated that she needed to make sure that Harry never felt that way...and I’m sure Charles felt that way also. Nonetheless, the boys are much older now and William is that much closer to being king. It’s understandable if Harry’s fears are emerging again even if he truly doesn’t need to worry. I think Meghan might be playing up those fears.

I don't think the way they have chosen to do this will endear them to the British public--even if Charles needs Harry, I don't think they will be welcomed back. I think they are burning bridges more than they realize.

When all of this blows up in Harry's face one day, I believe the royal family would take him back, but only when he realizes what is really happening.

Last edited:
Sadly I think that this is the case.

Our government currently is dealing with the loss of Canadians when the Iranians shot down a jet with our citizens aboard. (Iran finally admitted it was not a crash and mistaken identity).

They don't need the distraction of Harry and Meghan. The British goverment is continuing to deal with Brexit.

To be fair, many people don't seem to understand the immigration is more complex than picking a country and moving to it.

No.

It hasn't occurred to them at all.

I don't believe the thought that they might not be that welcome as permanent residents in another country has crossed their minds.
Nor have they considered that a wish to move and settle in another country (because that's de facto what they are doing) may cause embarrassment for the government in that country - seemingly Canada.

Nor have they contemplated that the government of Britain - and again, seemingly Canada as well - may have other things on their minds than solving their self-imposed problems.

We can debate endlessly why, but right now H&M are living in a reality of their own. :ermm:

150 engagements a year=hard work??? No, not at all!

In regards to the "more involvement", whilst I can't imagine that any royal is able to name all their patronages and the people who are linked to them. I can certainly imagine that Anne is heavily involved in public and behind the scenes. Case in point is her involvement in the Scottish Rugby Union, she attends every six nations match of there's when another engagement is not booked in advance, she shows commitment to former and previous players her message and presenting on an award to Doddie Weir last year is also proof of this. She doesn't just cut ribbons and walks away, which is my interpretation of what you're saying.

Thank you for this opinion. I am surprised every year when reading the published ranking and numbers of engagements among the roayals, with some doing only 150 a year or something. that means with two engagements a day they spend two thirds of the year doing what? compared to any commonor having maybe two jobs to keep the family going, alongside NO servants, nannies , free housing etc...
Surely it is nice for Kate& William to be able to spend time with their children but again compared to any civilist they do not work hard and when H&M released the info about their 6 weeks break I asked myself again, what do they need to recover from?
So it is really time to get them work harder!
H&M show no empathy but a lot of hypocrisy, especially their plan to balance between the two continents but talking about saving nature.... with more flights in the future..... No, let them step back, but without anything, I wish ghem all the best. But accepting any of their suggestions will lead into a lifelong threat, rivalry, shadowexistance and more problems we can not even imagine because H&M are not reliable and do not respect rules....
We will see what will happen, one can only hope Charles takes over as HM has not been able to avoid such situations in her reign, she surely has other qualities of course! A sharp break now, if necessary, is better than a lasting problem for the future especially regarding W&K.
And it is not any dislike of Meghan but my personal and professional experience that tells me that this Sussex marriage is not to last long, with these two characters. One can only hope that H' mental problems will not lead him into catastrophy. M is going to survive all that, I do not fear anything for her really.

I, personally, and I believe others as well do not see William, Catherine, Henry nor Meghan as full time working royals. They are senior royals, but they simply do not do enough engagements to represent the crown. Whilst I imagine it will increase year on year, it should have increased faster than it has. The reason being is unknown, it's be thrown around that is because The Queen wanted her grandchildren to have time to be just that before stepping into royal life. They're all approaching 40 now, they've had time IMO.

Henry clearly didn't see this future for himself, however I disagree that this wasn't what the RF nor his father planned for him.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of sounding dumb since I and everyone else is basing our opinion on things, we have little to no knowledge of what is going on I will try to stick to facts and not let my emotions get the best of me. I've never read so much about something that was not a homework/work assignment that also has nothing to do with me. From everything I've read so far, the Sussexes are trying to work out something not only for themselves but a template the firm can use for all future royal second-born. It was inevitable at some point a second-born was going to challenge the status quo.

The way things currently stand is great for the first in line, but terrible for the second-born later in their lives. Look back at the history of second-born and tell me which one has flourished past their 40/50 years of life. Its almost as if the firm uses them to enhance the Monarchy standing then toss them to the side once the heir kids are old enough to attract tons of interest in the papers, at which point the firm says, "thank you for your service" now get the hell out. I know I would be pissed if I work for a company for 20-30years and they treated that way.

Contrary to what was first reported, the firm knew about the Sussexes situation, they did not know all the details, but they knew. So the reports about the palace not knowing that was first reported are wrong. Someone in the palace leak the story to the sun, as usual, to try to make the Sussexes look bad and also trying to control the narrative at which point the Sussexes gave them the finger and went nuclear. I would have done the same in their shoe. That's one of the problem with the firm, someone in their camp is always trying to control the narrative against the Sussexes and this time they were ready for it.

To be fair, many people don't seem to understand the immigration is more complex than picking a country and moving to it.

Well- as an American, it’s pretty well understood. Immigration is a pretty sensitive topic these days. Most people here anyway are crystal clear it’s not that simple.

I guess it also depends on how exactly they plan to divide their time between countries. They’re supposedly not planning to be in Canada all the time.

That said- how is this supposed to work with Archie and school in a few years? Splitting time like this.

This statement of "collaborate with the Queen" reeks to me of arrogance. Members of the Royal Family do not "collaborate" with the Queen. She is the boss and they do what she tells them.

This is Meghan’s understanding of the BRF. Celebrities “collaborate” with brands and she thinks the Queen and the BRF are a brand. IMO, she never has or never wanted to, understand what being Royal really means

Well- as an American, it’s pretty well understood. Immigration is a pretty sensitive topic these days. Most people here anyway are crystal clear it’s not that simple.

I guess it also depends on how exactly they plan to divide their time between countries. They’re supposedly not planning to be in Canada all the time.

That said- how is this supposed to work with Archie and school in a few years? Splitting time like this.

I don’t think they thought this out to that extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
This statement of "collaborate with the Queen" reeks to me of arrogance. Members of the Royal Family do not "collaborate" with the Queen. She is the boss and they do what she tells them.

I understand your opinion, but honestly too many of the royals have done whatever he of she wanted during the last decades. HM was not able to control hr family , many probelms have risen from that.
Saying HM is the boss is the theory.
One can only hope that Charles takes over and is more lucky dealing within the family/firm.
Andrew is now haooy at home as all attention is now drawn on the asussexes, the inly winner of the new problem. But the problem with Andrew is another proof for HM unability to be "the boss".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom