The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Metropolitan Police are responsible for their security not the Canadian government. If they live in Canada they aren't really visiting.

Yes, we only pay for the royals when they are here on official duties. If they are here on private visits, including moving here permanently, we don't pay. We didn't pay for security for any of Harry's private trips for Invictus, as he was here for charity and not an official visit.

Canada is not going to complain about having them here. Especially if they promote some of our charities and businesses. Our only complaint about royals tends to come when we have to foot bills for royal tours.

This Canadian would also welcome the family to settle here at their own expense, like any other new Canadian.

Canada obviuously suits Meghan, but do you think Harry will adapt to living there in the long term ? He strikes me as very British kind of guy (football, rugby, polo, cricket, etc.) and Canada is very North American, albeit with its own idiosyncrasies (like Quebec for example). Culturally, I think he would actually adjust better to a place like Australia or South Africa.

The Metropolitan Police are responsible for their security not the Canadian government. If they live in Canada they aren't really visiting.

So, do you expect officers from the Metropolitan Police (that is, the London Police) to relocate to Toronto or Vancouver for five or six months a year to protect Harry and his family ?

Can such a police force even legally operate in Canada on a permanent (or semi-permanent ) basis without some agreement with the Canadian government ? I would imagine that police forces operating in Canada must be under the jurisdiction of the federal or the provincial and municipal governments.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is Meghan's project. Coming from the USA, she does not have the same understanding of public service or public spiritedness. It is an extreme form of capitalism where everyone is a customer with an unequal amount of cash in their wallet. Their public services receive significanlty less funding than over here. The public sector over there is disdained as something that is begrudgingly provided for poor people. Broadly speaking, on this side of the Atlantic public services are generally treasured (and fought over) as common good. No offence, but the attitude over there is that you pay for even the most basic of things based on the opportunities they you have achieved through the luck of having personal abilities or contacts. Until Boris has had his 5 or 10 years, the public sector is a cushion or a buffer zone that gives a sense of unity in the UK. I think we are proud of it because the state still provides (somehow) basic health care, good educational standards, quality police, transport system etc.

The couple will already have budgeted for private security - like any other American celebrity. There will be an amount set aside in the plan. But oddly, she doesnt appreciate that the monarchy is the most rarefied form of public service and is what bestows that special honour and sparkle in the form of royal titles and status. Strange they reject their roles as public sector workers. That's their choice. Frankly this divergence seems inevitable because it is a culture clash she is unwilling to reconcile. They could pull this off by plugging into the megabucks of the US TV circuit. Harry remains one of us so hopefully he will be ok. Think of him in the middle of these domestic tensions pulled in different directions and trying to do the right thing - poor lad.

Canada obviuously suits Meghan, but do you think Harry will adapt to living there in the long term ? He strikes me as very British kind of guy (football, rugby, polo, cricket, etc.) and Canada is very North American, albeit with its own idiosyncrasies (like Quebec for example). Culturally, I think he would actually adjust better to a place like Australia or South Africa.

Canada and the UK are not that different culturally. Spoken from someone who did the opposite of him, and moved to the UK as a Canadian girl. Just because rugby is bigger in Australia/NZ then Canada, doesn't mean the transition would be easier. The fact that they have friends, and Harry and Meghan have both spent personal time in the country (not just work trips) will help the transition. There is football (even if he will have to get used to us calling it soccer) and rugby here (cricket not so much).

So do you expect officers from the Metropolitan Police (that is, the London Police) to relocate to Toronto or Vancouver for five or six months a year to protect Harry and his family ?

Can such a police force even legally operate in Canada on a permanent (or semi-permanent ) basis without some agreement with the Canadian government ? I would imagine that police forces operating in Canada must be under the jurisdiction of the federal or the provincial and municipal governments.

No metro police would have no jurisdiction.

But they are not entitled to public police protection in Canada, except when on official duty. So if they need round the clock protection, they will have to have private security funded by someone. Canada is not forking out millions in protection for royals who are here for private purposes.

Last edited:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/harry-and-meghan-will-outgrow-the-queen-23kfqrmbn

Behind a paywall there, but the important bit IMO is that Harry and Meghan were asked to put in writing what they envisioned for their Royal future. Harry said "No" as he thought it would leak to the press. Royal aides insisted. He acquiesced and wrote it down. It leaked.

It needed to be written down. This couldn’t just be a verbal conversation. That’s utterly absurd imo.

The poster below is absolutely correct. You can't just up and move to Canada permanently. It's very difficult to immigrate here currently as our government has closed off the point system for independent class immigrants and business class immigrants. Harry especially would not be eligible.

I speak from experience - my daughter sponsored her husband (spousal sponsorship), Spousal sponsorship is one of the few remaining avenues still open for immigration, most of our other immigrants are refugees. A small number of family class (with family here) also immigrate but the waiting lists for this are very long. Skilled worker class are for highly specialized jobs/high demand jobs like in the oil industry. My daughter used work for an immigration lawyer - she lost her job because he downsized his office from a once high of 50 employees to 1 remaining employee other than himself because of the reduction of immigrants permitted (he did not take spousal sponsorship cases, he mostly focused on independent immigrants and business class.)

Although Meghan could get a work permit as she had for Suits, she can't sponsor Harry as she is not a Canadian citizen. (She have to be a permanent resident first for at least 3 years but to be a permanent resident, she'd have to be sponsored by a Canadian citizen spouse. My son-in-law is finally eligible to be a citizen, they have been married 7 years and waited 3 years for her spousal sponsorship permanent residency application to be approved.)

As far them living here part time, I don't think most Canadians will object UNLESS we are expected to provide and pay for their security and financially support them which will NOT go over well. I can't see our government ever agreeing to that because that would be very unpopular.

I'm still unclear as to how they'll legally establish a base here. Six month visitor visas are explicitly meant *not* to be used to establish a permanent residence.

And while Meghan would be able to get a visa if she goes back to being a working actress (and can land a role in Toronto), Harry simply doesn't qualify for any of the available immigration visas. He doesn't have the work experience for the Skilled Worker program or the self-employment visas, and no other visas even come close to fitting his profile. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Note that Canada used to have a "pay to immigrate" investor visa class, but the program has been closed.

In short, if they *do* land permanently in Canada, they're queue jumping more qualified applicants and taking gross advantage of their money and connections, with little advantage to Canada.

To be clear about something, since apparently it needs to be said: I'm not looking back at previous behaviour and viewing it through the lens of the current circumstances to find some "aha! They were evil the whole time" conclusion. I admire Meghan and Harry's work prior to this point. I just think this particular presumption that they can just move to Canada, and the hypocrisy of crying financial independence while citing Duchy funds, are poorly thought out and insupportable.

Last edited:
Because they are just like us. Royal is a made up term of the life of ordinary people into extraordinary status. That was easy a long time ago. But, today, we know hat they are nothing different or better than we. And, what keeps them in the forefront is that they are celebrities. There is nothing holy or special. And the work that the Sussexes are walking out on is cutting ribbons here and making appearances there. They are ornamental positions. Perhaps, they can do some meaningful work on their own. That I don't know.
They don't need money. They have plenty.

Please go back and read my last sentence: "The fact that members of the BRF aren't supposed to act like one of us completely escaped her."

Whether they are just like us or not, members of the BRF represent the UK. They do NOT represent themselves, as celebrities such as movie stars or rock musicians do. Because of that there is an expectation that they act in a dignified manner, at least in public, which Sarah did not always do.

For example,the members of the BRF cannot do a lot of things celebrities often do: voice their opinions on politcal issues, argue in public, attack their boy/girl friend's ex-wife/husband, pose nude or even scantily clad, the list goes on and on.

Furthermore, members of the BRF do NOT simply cut ribbons here and make appearances there and perform ornamental work (and please show me where the Sussexes have stated this is what they are walking out on).

And at her coronation the Queen swore an oath before God, so yes, there is something "holy or special."

But there is one things royals DO have in common with the rest of us. If they don't like their job they don't get to ignore their supervisor's wishes (in this case the Queen), rewrite their job description, and then announce it to the public, a fact Harry and Meghan have ignored.

I understand that Harry and Meghan are very unhappy and I believe they have valid reasons for being so. But that does NOT excuse the way they have behaved. It is very self-centered and completely disrespectful to the Queen.

Interesting. It seems probable that the same 60% of Canadians would willingly pay for his security bill, which would resolve one issue for the British government.

As a Canadian, I'm extremely dubious about this poll. (Out of our 3 national newspapers, the National Post where this poll was published has a terrible reputation.) It's very easy to conduct a self selecting poll.

We have a lot of pressing issues here in Canada where the money would be far better spent (for example google "contaminated drinking water indigenous reserves".) None of the Canadians who've posted here favour of financially supporting Harry and Meghan (including me) and it would be political suicide for our government to consider it. They can pay for their own security themselves.

Last edited:
That’s not true. He could easily get an investor’s visa.

That might be a challenge, given that the program is closed: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/investors.html

The federal Immigrant Investor Program is closed. We’re no longer accepting applications for this program.

On June 19, 2014, Bill C-31 became law – archived, terminating applications still in the backlog of the federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program.

How did you come to that conclusion given that those are two completely different questions ?

Anyway, I am surprised that, in this poll, 60 % of the Canadians polled and, more strikingly, 47 % of Quebec respondents, would like Harry as GG. Nonetheless, I am afraid it would be politically impossible these days to appoint a GG who is not a Canadian citizen and doesn't speak French.

The poll was, I'm given to understand, taken two days before they dropped the bomb. It's effectively meaningless unless it's replicated in a new poll taken after the news cycle of the last few days.

That’s not true. He could easily get an investor’s visa.

No he can't because the Canadian government closed that program several years ago. My daughter worked for an immigration lawyer here who primarily worked with investor aka business class immigrants. He had to downsize his office significantly (let almost all of his staff go including her) when our government closed that program.

Harry doesn't qualify for any of existing Canadian immigration categories.

Last edited:
Please go back and read my last sentence: "The fact that members of the BRF aren't supposed to act like one of us completely escaped her."

Whether they are just like us or not, members of the BRF represent the UK. They do NOT represent themselves, as celebrities such as movie stars or rock musicians do. Because of that there is an expectation that they act in a dignified manner, at least in public, which Sarah did not always do.

For example,the members of the BRF cannot do a lot of things celebrities often do: voice their opinions on politcal issues, argue in public, attack their boy/girl friend's ex-wife/husband, pose nude or even scantily clad, the list goes on and on.

Furthermore, members of the BRF do NOT simply cut ribbons here and make appearances there and perform ornamental work (and please show me where the Sussexes have stated this is what they are walking out on).

And at her coronation the Queen swore an oath before God, so yes, there is something "holy or special."

But there is one things royals DO have in common with the rest of us. If they don't like their job they don't get to ignore their supervisor's wishes (in this case the Queen), rewrite their job description, and then announce it to the public, a fact Harry and Meghan have ignored.

I understand that Harry and Meghan are very unhappy and I believe they have valid reasons for being so. But that does NOT excuse the way they have behaved. It is very self-centered and completely disrespectful to the Queen.

I agree with everything, especially the bolded part. The BRF do extremely important work that is truly meaningful to many people. The Queen’s father - and mother - bolstered the spirits of a shattered nation by staying in London during the Blitz. George VI replaced his irresponsible, Nazi sympathizing brother and became a beloved figure as he overcame his own physical ailments to help lead a nation. His friendships with Churchill and FDR were hugely significant. The Queen saw her father essentially give his life to the throne, so when she pledged to do her duty for life, she meant every word.

I could dig up more examples, but I think my point has been made.

I personally think that the plan to protect his family from all the pressure and speculations and bad press just backfired.
People (as far as I can tell from what I hear) DO blame Meghan more than ever for having "stolen" Prince Harry. He changed since he met her, he is doing strange things since he met her, he is breaking up with his familiy and century-old traditions.
Harry always was a darling. He always enjoyed kind of kid-glove treatment, now he turns into full criticism.
The way he / they decided to do things won't bring them any sympathy for better (if the intention was "look what you have done to H&M"). Quite the contrary.

The dream of being a "commoner" is anyway nothing more than a dream. He is what he is and he cannot get rid of his roots.
They should have thought about that before getting married. Or settle things before getting married.
This kind of something special ("Extrawurst" would be the german word) and bit by bit pullback is getting bothersome.

Sussex Royal is not a brand. It's a honorable title to represent the BRF and the UK.
If you want to leave the BRF -> bear the consequences.
If you want to stay -> bear the consequences.
But please stop cherry-picking.

Really,the fuzz and nonsense over this nausiating couple is beyond believe!!Sickening lot!

This is Meghan's project.

How do you know this?

Coming from the USA, she does not have the same understanding of public service or public spiritedness.
Right. Meghan's from the U.S. therefore she doesn't understand your system. But you're from the UK yet you understand ours. :eek:

Besides, public services (provided by the government) and public spiritedness are NOT the same. It's possible to believe in small government (limited public services) but also believe you have a personal duty to donate money and time to charities and other organizations in order to help people in need (public spiritedness).

I also disagree with your assessment of Meghan's attitudes toward public services and public spiritedness.

Considering the charity work she has already undertaken and her statements on the importance of helping the underprivileged I would say Meghan has a highly developed sense of public spiritedness.

I also suspect Meghan prefers the UK's approach toward public services over the more limited services provided by the federal government in the U.S. (as do many other Americans). The role of the federal government (including the extent of the public services it should provide) is one of the issues that divides Republicans (conservatives) and Democrats (liberals). Based on statements she has made, I would classify Meghan as a liberal.

The couple will already have budgeted for private security - like any other American celebrity.
British celebrities don't pay for their own security?

Frankly this divergence seems inevitable because it is a culture clash she is unwilling to reconcile. They could pull this off by plugging into the megabucks of the US TV circuit. Harry remains one of us so hopefully he will be ok. Think of him in the middle of these domestic tensions pulled in different directions and trying to do the right thing - poor lad.
And you know this how?

Last edited:
So the newest story is that Meghan signed and followed through on a voiceover deal with Disney. The work was performed before they left for Canada in November and was in exchange for a donation to Elephants Without Borders. However, the fact that nothing was said about it, even though it was done for a donation to a very worthwhile organization, speaks volumes. It also lends credence to the snippets coming out over the last couple of days about suspicions that they’re already making commercial deals. Now, it is the DM so who really knows but this does seem very much like a real possibility...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Disney-return-donation-elephant-charity.html

Last edited:
So the newest story is that Meghan signed and followed through on a voiceover deal with Disney. The work was perfumed before they left for Canada in November and was in exchange for a donation to Elephants Without Borders. However, the fact that nothing was said about it, even though it was done for a donation to a very worthwhile organization, speaks volumes. It also lends credence to the snippets coming out over the last couple of days about suspicions that they’re already making commercial deals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Disney-return-donation-elephant-charity.html

I don’t think Meghan doing a voiceover/narrator performance for say a documentary in exchange for a charitable contribution would be frowned upon or be unethical.
But if other monies exchanged hands it could be problematic... for a fulltime working royal.

I don’t think Meghan doing a voiceover/narrator performance for say a documentary in exchange for a charitable contribution would be frowned upon or be unethical.
But if other monies exchanged hands it could be problematic... for a fulltime working royal.

True

Look how much trouble Sarah has been in for making money 'from her title and links to the BRF' AFTER she was divorced. How much worse will it be if it is seen that actual members of the BRF are selling themselves and their titles for money.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7874687/Friends-Meghan-Markle-open-DAVID-JONES-Megxit.html
'It's always her way or the highway - she flees when things get heavy' - no surprise Meghan jumped the royal ship

I think it becomes more clear everyday that this was carefully planned and that Meghan's decision to quit royal duties did not come overnight.
Maybe it was already clear to her when she did the tearful interview in Africa and people did not fall for her emotional outburst.

I think this was planned at least by the time of the Africa documentary and they put on quite a performance. Only some people didn’t react as positively to their ‘’message’ as they hoped/expected.

Last edited:
Can't they move to and stay in Canada if they support themselves and pay taxes?
That seems to be a normal thing to do in most countries. They won't claim welfare. Don't need schooling. Won't need medical care. They won't take jobs from anyone. So what's the problem with H&M settling in Canada?

As for protection. If armed British protection officers can't operate in Canada, Canada will take over responsibility for H&M's safety 24/7/365. And foot the entire bill.
The Canadian taxpayers may protest but Canada will pay. There is no Canadian government that will risk becoming responsible for anything happening to so high profile residents.
Even if H&M get a couple of bodyguards of their own there will be a permanent Canadian police presence nearby.
Whether the police presence will official or unofficial makes no difference, the Canadian taxpayers will foot the bill.

We are talking political careers going down the drain for good, not to mention a huge national embarrassment, if anything was to happen to H&M (a "near miss" would be just as bad) because Canada refused to pay for and as such provide police protection.
Years from now, that may change but for a foreseeable future H&M are way too high profiles.

And would it be so bad? H&M can promote some Canadian causes, that would IMO be a natural thing to do anyway. And if they pay taxes wouldn't they be entitled to protection like any other Canadian citizen who is threatened?

:previous:Does the Canadian government pay for protection details of other high profile wealthy private individual non-citizen residents?

The problem is not stepping away from Royal life and living in Canada. I think few begrudge them the choice of living privately without a public life.

It is the question of the costs of protection, possible commercialization of Royal titles, visas...

It is the impression given of ‘we’ll still do royal stuff if we feel like it” attitude, but we are no longer “senior royals” but private individuals who can’t be written about-unless we release it.

The idea that they can keep all the perks of a fulltime working royal-Frogmore, the RPOs, etc for free when they aren’t even going to be in Britain much of the time.

In other words, life with all the perks of a fulltime working royal without any of the constraints or restrictions.

Last edited:
What business is Harry going to start & run to qualify?

The simplest thing people start to immigrate here is open a restaurant. All you need is the capital. You don’t need to run it yourself. He could also invest in real estate.

Update: investor immigration program is closed.

Last edited:
The reason there's all this speculation is that Harry and Meghan have rushed into it without sorting anything out properly. If they'd said that they were going to be living in Such A Place and that Harry was going to be working as an air ambulance pilot or whatever and that Meghan was going to be working as whatever, and that they'd still be involved with their existing charities, it wouldn't be happening. Who, whatever their position in life, just decides that they're moving across the world without looking into the practicalities first?

To repeat myself and other Canadians here NO THEY CAN'T. They aren't Canadian citizens and can't become Canadian citizens. Canadian citizenship is a process that takes years to acquire and neither of them qualify. You can't become a citizen just because you want to - all countries set up laws and rules that have to be followed. In Canada NO ONE is exempt from following our laws and rules, "the problem" is suggesting that someone is entitled to flout our laws or get an exception because of who they are. :bang:

There are many, many deserving people who want to come here and can't. Many of them can support themselves and pay taxes. If the Canadian government no longer allows investor/business class immigrants (very wealthy people who want to start companies here and employ many Canadians) why would we allow a British prince to bypass the rules? We are a separate independent country from the UK with our own laws and rules. The days of us being a mere colony are long over. They are welcome to visit here but they have no more entitlement to live here than other people. Just because Harry is royalty doesn't mean they they have the right to circumvent the rules that all our other immigrants have followed.

If Harry is given some special diplomatic role by the British government, it is possible that terms can be negotiated for him to remain although he doesn't strike me as qualified in that area.

For someone who lives in Denmark ,you hold very strong opinions about our government and aren't listening to the Canadians here who said it won't fly here. :ermm: Our current federal government is a minority one and holding onto power with a very narrow margin (they were nearly defeated in the last election). In our system, the government can fall at any time especially when they have a narrow minority. All it takes is the opposition passing a non confidence motion which passes (the opposition parties currently outnumber the ruling party), the government falls and an election is triggered and defeat usually results. Often the new government undoes the action that caused the defeat of the previous government. (This has happened in the past a number of times.) Prime Minister Trudeau and the Liberals will avoid antagonizing the voters (the majority who are taxpayers) with an unpopular decision that could lead to a fast defeat.

I repeat they are welcome to visit here but they don't get to bypass our laws and rules and we don't want to pay for their security because they are not coming as a royal tour but privately. Canada only provides this type of personal security for visiting heads of state and royals on official tours. When Harry's been here before privately or doing charity work like the Invictus Games, our government has NOT paid for it. Visiting celebrities pay for private security THEMSELVES. BTW Canadian citizens ARE NOT entitled to taxpayer paid individual protection. You seem to be confusing regular police services for which all residents and visitors are entitled to (citizenship doesn't matter for that at all) with personal security and bodyguards which what we are talking about. If a Canadian needs bodyguards or personal security, THEY pay for it or someone else on their behalf (like a company or organization) pays for it, NOT our government. That is NOT a service provided for by our police to ANYONE here including Canadian citizens (which they are NOT and CANNOT become. The exception is our Prime Minister who is our HEAD OF STATE and therefore receives government paid personal security (BTW, it isn't the local police that provide it, it's the national police, RCMP). Prince Harry is NOT our head of state. Other people who need personal security here pay for it themselves. Yes Harry and Meghan will need security but we will NOT pay for it.

Can't they move to and stay in Canada if they support themselves and pay taxes?
That seems to be a normal thing to do in most countries. They won't claim welfare. Don't need schooling. Won't need medical care. They won't take jobs from anyone. So what's the problem with H&M settling in Canada?

As for protection. If armed British protection officers can't operate in Canada, Canada will take over responsibility for H&M's safety 24/7/365. And foot the entire bill.
The Canadian taxpayers may protest but Canada will pay. There is no Canadian government that will risk becoming responsible for anything happening to so high profile residents.
Even if H&M get a couple of bodyguards of their own there will be a permanent Canadian police presence nearby.
Whether the police presence will official or unofficial makes no difference, the Canadian taxpayers will foot the bill.

We are talking political careers going down the drain for good, not to mention a huge national embarrassment, if anything was to happen to H&M (a "near miss" would be just as bad) because Canada refused to pay for and as such provide police protection.
Years from now, that may change but for a foreseeable future H&M are way too high profiles.

And would it be so bad? H&M can promote some Canadian causes, that would IMO be a natural thing to do anyway. And if they pay taxes wouldn't they be entitled to protection like any other Canadian citizen who is threatened?

Last edited:
I think this was planned by the time of the Africa documentary and they put on quite a performance. Only some people didn’t react as positively to their ‘’message’ as they hoped/expected.

This is just my supposition and my own opinion but I think the changes the Sussexes have in mind germinated at the time Harry and Meghan split away from the Royal Foundation they shared with William and Catherine. If I'm remembering right, they registered their own foundation last summer along with two trademark applications to protect it.

I honestly think that *all* of this pertains to their foundation and how it will operate. They're not "quitting royal duties" but hope to scale back from being full time working royals for the "Firm", be able to have more time away from the UK in Canada and put more focus on their own philanthropic work through their foundation.

As far as marketing goes and filing for trademarks, this is a good article that goes into depth about the Sussex Royal Foundation the Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. As far as I can see, any commercial ventures and marketing are related to their foundation and they're not about to launch The Duchess of Sussex anchovy soap and mouthwash on your local shopping channel. I think its more along the lines of like what Meghan did for Smart Works and her "line" of fashions to promote the charity. None of those proceeds went into her pocket. Or as I stated before in an earlier post, something along the lines of getting a "Live Aid" t-shirt for making a donation of a certain amount of money (Been there, done that and actually still have the t-shirt somewhere)

It remains to be seen just how the "Firm" will accept or deny any of what Harry and Meghan have suggested as far as changes and how things will proceed into the future but we do know they're talking and negotiating and we just have to wait until they make it public what is what and how things are going to be.

Perhaps things did hit the fan in a weird and perhaps not so brilliant way and the reasons are not actually proven to be fact as of now and this *is* causing an internal crisis but they're working on it and not facing off against each other with top of the line super soakers. Yet. :D

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/...ok-at-the-trademarks-at-play-for-sussex-royal

Meghan fleeing for Canada whilst leaving Harry to deal with this mess is frankly the opposite of what a marriage means.

I can only the imagine the amount of calls back and forth in the late hours of Wednesday and early hours of Thursday between the queen, Charles, William and harry on this situation (They probably didn’t get much sleep that night!) and the amount of calls between their staff in the past few days to deal with this situation.

H&M have not reached a point of no return in my opinion. I see them going officially out the next time we hear on this from the palace. No duke and duchess anymore imo, and no free home in Windsor either. Had this been discussed internally before the announcement I think the situation would have been slightly different and more controlled. Who knows, if that was the case maybe they would have been in Canada by now happily enjoying their newly found freedom. Yet they wanted to do things their way and acted in the same selfish manner they have us accustomed to.

I don’t think they will regret their decision to step back and think they will be happy when this is finalised but I do think they will always regret the amount of disappointment to others in their family and the amount of embarrassment they caused themselves.

What strikes me is that I had never seen such consensus on this forum on the fact that this was an ill conceived plan and decision. Almost everyone agrees this time which in my years in this forum in honestly unseen. That must say something, specially as the people here aren’t as those who comment on the daily mail.

Honestly to see people who are so privileged complain non stop is not something appreciated.

The humour in all this? #megxit [emoji16]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom