The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Scobie they did actually leave Archie in Canada and are on their way back there this evening.

Hmm...

"has always been their priority..." I'd say this is all becoming more and more clear.
Heading back to Canada :eek:
They should've been discussing with the family a plan/solution for all this mess?!!!!

This is madness really....making a mess and leave it to others to solve it...very disapointed by their attitude

Meghan flew to Canda tonight and has no plans to come back to UK anytime soon.
Harry is expected to join her and Archie very soon there but he also has an engagement next Thursday at Buckingham Palace.

This actually made me sad. It sounds like it got really, truly unbearable for her and they did this out of desperation.

I wish I believed it would make things easier but I suspect it will actually be much harder for a while.

This actually made me sad. It sounds like it got really, truly unbearable for her and they did this out of desperation.

I wish I believed it would make things easier but I suspect it will actually be much harder for a while.

What desperation while they were in 6 week break? let's be really!!! It's pure Greed! All about money and fame for her.

She put her plan in motion and left. She knew Harry will probably listen to his family if he went alone.

I find it weird that they left Archie in Canada to go over to England quickly. Perhaps HM wanted to speak to them in person but it would've made more sense to just stay in Canada.

On the news just now there has been some short interviews with members of the black community here in the UK who have said they're disappointed because they hoped Meghan would especially want to stay in the UK to champion causes related to the community and be an important voice for them. I'm not a POC so I can't speak for the community, but it was interesting to hear this perspective.

I find it weird that they left Archie in Canada to go over to England quickly. Perhaps HM wanted to speak to them in person but it would've made more sense to just stay in Canada.

On the news just now there has been some short interviews with members of the black community here in the UK who have said they're disappointed because they hoped Meghan would especially want to stay in the UK to champion causes related to the community and be an important voice for them. I'm not a POC so I can't speak for the community, but it was interesting to hear this perspective.

They had to come home to make their annoucment… and I suppose ONE of them at least has to tlak to Chalres/ the queen

Yes it seems that Archie was left in Canada with nanny and I suspect Doria. Meghan is on her way back. I do wonder if Harry will make his way to see his father in person or not.

So she leaves Hubby' to 'face the Music', alone ?

That looks like cowardice to me..

So they’ve dropped their bombshell and made their demands known and have now essentially dropped off the grid and gone into hiding with zero notice? My goodness...I certainly don’t envy their staff, those keeping their diaries, etc. Can you imagine just upping sticks, peacing out, and telling the BRF to f*** off?

She went back to Canada? Sorry, not a good move in her part. This is not going to get her any sympathy.

Ugh!

This was a long term plan on their part--that website and manifesto were not from unbearable desperation. It was calculated.

Meghan flew to Canda tonight and has no plans to come back to UK anytime soon.
Harry is expected to join her and Archie very soon there but he also has an engagement next Thursday at Buckingham Palace.

So nice of her to blow things up and not be woman enough to talk to her bosses (the Queen & Prince Charles) face to face.

Last edited:
So according to Scobie they did actually leave Archie in Canada and are on their way back there this evening.

Hmm...

"has always been their priority..." I'd say this is all becoming more and more clear.

I read that Meghan has left, and Harry will follow later... How gutless. Stay and deal with the consequences of your actions. I’ll bet they left Archie in Canada so they would have a good excuse to escape the anger and hurt they left behind

Yes it seems that Archie was left in Canada with nanny and I suspect Doria. Meghan is on her way back. I do wonder if Harry will make his way to see his father in person or not.

Based on what we’ve seen from these two something tells me that he will not.

And managed to keep an entire flight waiting an extra half hour. At least she flew commercial, I guess. *insert eye roll here*

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I believe the multiple sources claiming the Queen, Charles and Willian were angry, not the Harpers Bazaar piece clearly designed to prop up H and M

And managed to keep an entire flight waiting an extra half hour. At least she flew commercial, I guess. *insert eye roll here*

BA should have taken off without her....insufferable and entitled.

They had to come home to make their annoucment… and I suppose ONE of them at least has to tlak to Chalres/ the queen
Glad Charles and the queen weren't manipulated in 'it's all extremely urgent because we decided to leaver our son in Canada', so you have to meet is NOW and agree to everything we demand. I'm afraid he won't see much of his grandson for the foreseeable future either.

I assume there is a limit on how long Meghan can stay in Canada as a tourist... Best for Canadian politician friends not to get involved in any visa issues.

They could have made their announcement from anywhere i the world if it had been sanctioned and approved by the Queen and Prince Charles, and Prince William but clearly it was not. If ONE of them needs to remain behind to deal with the mess they have created, it would have to be Harry. There is no way the Queen, Prince Charles or William would have conducted Meetings or negotiated with Meghan by herself in this crises. HE is the Grandson, Son, and brother of the current and future monarchs. Meghan may be driving much of this bizarre behavior because she can’t deal with the pressure, but only Harry can man up and bridge the chasm they have created within the family. Meghan has been part of this family for less than two years, and look where we are now.

If we're being totally honest I'm pretty sure Harry has lived in Meghan's world since the day they met. Given the timelines of the registration of this new website, the planning that's gone into it, the messages they've sent with their words and conduct and decisions...I think it's pretty clear that this has been the plan all along, at least in her mind. She had global ambitions for her "initiatives" and needed a bigger platform than being a B-list television actress on a cable channel was providing. Now, don't get me wrong, Harry shares in much of the blame here, but I really believe that Meghan never had any intention of fitting in, playing by the royal rules, etc. She very much had plans for "Brand Sussex" right from the start and Harry not only gave her the access and the means, he followed right along and participated. I hope that in the years to come he won't regret all of this and his treatment of his family but I suspect that in time he will regret it bitterly.

This, utterly and completely. I envision something with a Trojan horse.

Also, I believe the multiple sources claiming the Queen, Charles and Willian were angry, not the Harpers Bazaar piece clearly designed to prop up H and M

Omid Scobie wants to keep being in Meghan & Harry's preferential circle of the media.;)

It's soooo vindictive, and we all know that it's no good, no good at all to have an angry woman inside the BRF ...
I fear for the future, really .
She wanted to be the new Diana. I guess she achieved that goal.

I seriously wonder if she'll come back.. perhaps leaving the Child in Canada was 'an insurance policy' ?

I can’t believe they left Archie in Canada and will be leaving the UK almost as soon as they arrived!

I was just saying to a colleague today how it would be interesting to see how they handle their roles diffidently now but I never expected this!

I’m still wondering why this whole thing seems rushed? Why? I don’t get it!

An engagement next Thursday at BP sounds like a Date with Destiny.

Places we probably won't see Meghan in 2020:

Ascot
Trooping the Colour
Royal Box at Wimbledon
Balmoral
Sandringham
Windsor
BP
KP
Clarence House
Remembrance Day
Any Commonwealth country other than Canada

I am only half-way kidding. That's a lot to walk away from.

What desperation while they were in 6 week break? let's be really!!! It's pure Greed! All about money and fame for her.

She put her plan in motion and left. She knew Harry will probably listen to his family if he went alone.

She made it very clear in their documentary that she is really struggling and it’s impacting her mental health. I think even if you aren’t a fan of her brand or their decision, you can’t lose sight of the real people there.

I don’t think she was fully prepared for the life she was marrying into and now she and Harry have a tough road ahead to figure out how to be happy and I empathize with that even if I wish they’d gone about this much differently.

This was a long term plan on their part--that website and manifesto were not from unbearable desperation. It was calculated.

So nice of her to blow things up and not be woman enough to talk to her bosses (the Queen & Prince Charles) face to face.

I think is all been calculated for her, I see Archie becoming her bargaining chip someday, ugh,

Omid Scobie wants to keep being in Meghan & Harry's preferential circle of the media.;)

Looks like he’ll have to move to North America, lol...he’s trying to put lipstick on a pig, and failing. What a disaster - for Harry and Meghan; the BRF will be fine

I think is all been calculated for her, I see Archie becoming her bargaining chip someday, ugh,

Not someday, now...in the sense that he’s already being used. The only reason to leave Archie in Canada would be to have a built in excuse for H and M to escape the wrath in Britain. They knew they’d be returning in short order - probably didn’t want to subject him to multiple long flights. I fear that the BRF may never - or almost never - see Archie. Sigh.

Harry is supposed to be in crisis talks with the queen, Charles and William over this . Those three better tread carefully how they handle this. The BRF took a hit because of the perception of protecting Andrew - and his choices were worse. If they decide to destroy the Sussexes, or order Harry and Meghan to divorce the backlash would be huge. While many are laying the blame on the Sussexes an equal number blame the media nastiness and the Windsors' lack of protection. Yes Harry was told by BP not to go public but the Sun leaked the story (and online fingers are pointing at KP). This needs to be worked out to satisfy all parties involved. Madame Tussard took Harry and Meghan's wax figures from the royal display ( dumb move given nothing has been finalized).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom