The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
But you are willing to trust what the tabloid/media says...how does that makes sense? These same ppl who have been caught lying and distorting in order to sell papers.

LaRae
It is not the tabloids that make me not trust them. It is their past and current actions. BP said they were working on this but these two released the demand list as if it was completely decided when it wasn't. They claim to be oh so emotionally fragile but they have no problem plotting and planning all of this mess. I don't think they have as many problems as they claim, they just know what buttons to push for sympathy.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I thought it was the Tom Bradby they were denying. That was.qn appalling story which claimed everyone bullied Meghan amd Harry.
Tom Brandby is also the one that said H&M were prepare to do an interview spilling the beans on the RF if their demands weren't met. He has stated that he speaks with Harry and has a good relationship, so why would he jeopardize that by fabricating stories which is what he knows Harry detests? Something doesn't look right here.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet14 View Post
"Despite clear denials" are the first three words!
Clear denials about what? It doesn't name specifics that is what I mean. If we saw this statement without the RRs saying it was about the bullied claim, would you know what the "clear denials" were about? No. Almost single last UK paper has ran a NUMBER of stories, extremely inflammatory ones at that, about the Wales' Brothers relationship today between print and online.

As someone who has written statements for public figures before, this is a classic hedge your bets statement. It is extremely weird. Not sure what either "side" was hoping to achieve with it. It also begs the question of why this supposed story warrants a denial but the other incredibly damaging stories don't?

As I said, it is just very random to me.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Tom Brandby is also the one that said H&M were prepare to do an interview spilling the beans on the RF if their demands weren't met. He has stated that he speaks with Harry and has a good relationship, so why would he jeopardize that by fabricating stories which is what he knows Harry detests? Something doesn't look right here.
Tom is also extremely close to William. He is close to both brothers, especially close actually.

Sigh, this is all just so weird. I am exhausted as a royal watcher. I hope things settle ASAP.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/status/1216683837570387968?s=21
Where have they published this statement? Link, please?
Thank you.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
At this point, HM really should just allow them to do whatever interview they're threatening to do. There's nothing to stop them from doing it anyway, so all the palace is accomplishing by temporarily preventing it is to kick the can down the road. The British public isn't on H&M's side here, and they're the only ones HM answers to. Meghan publicly going nuclear at some point looks like a virtual certainty, and there's not likely to be a better time than now to let it happen.
I agree!
Get it over with while Harry and Meghan have lost much public goodwill, that dilutes the impact.

(It's just a form of blackmail, and the best response to blackmail was the Duke of Wellington's).
Old 01-13-2020, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
Where have they published this statement? Link, please?
Thank you.
It wasn't published officially or on letterhead but given to the RRs by the Palace presumably.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I’m petty enough to openly say (not directed at anyone in particular), but I TOLD YOU SO.

Thank the lord for this announcement and Roya Nikkah should be ashamed of what she wrote for a BS article.
The Times article in question was written by Valentine Low, not RN.

Additionally, sources say that Harry and Meghan have no plans to do an interview: https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...06717943238657
Old 01-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Tom is also extremely close to William. He is close to both brothers, especially close actually.

Sigh, this is all just so weird. I am exhausted as a royal watcher. I hope things settle ASAP.
I'm betting he's not close to William any more, if he ever was, after that hatchet job article Bradby just published.

I am looking forward to this entire thing being settled so everyone involved can get on with their lives. My expectation is that Harry and Meghan will get virtually everything they have demanded. How that will work out for the larger BRF in the long run is questionable, but even though the royal family are, according to some, terrible, heartless, unprogressive people (sarcasm intended) I'm very sure that all of them love Harry and want nothing but for him to be happy. The damage from the breach of trust and lack of respect for the Queen may never heal, but that is the BRF's private business.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

Additionally, sources say that Harry and Meghan have no plans to do an interview: https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...06717943238657
Well there's a silver lining! (come on, Windsor interviews have not been the bees knees lately)
Old 01-13-2020, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

Is it the times article they are referring to?
Old 01-13-2020, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

I don’t think Harry and Meghan will get everything they want and think they are entitled to. They will get their freedom, but with limited ability to make $$ by using words “HRH” and “Royal” on anything. That just too commercial and crass. What then is to stop Anne, Andre, Edward and the rest of the clan from doing the same.

We will see H&M at funerals and, perhaps, Charles coronation. Maybe a private visit here and there.

These two are going to be as free as caged birds.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It wasn't published officially or on letterhead but given to the RRs by the Palace presumably.
If it wasn't posted o the Sussex Royal Insta or personally approved through their stringent vetting of media that are allowed to write about them, then can we be sure Harry said it?
Old 01-13-2020, 08:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I don’t think Harry and Meghan will get everything they want and think they are entitled to. They will get their freedom, but with limited ability to make $$ by using words “HRH” and “Royal” on anything. That just too commercial and crass. What then is to stop Anne, Andre, Edward and the rest of the clan from doing the same.

We will see H&M at funerals and, perhaps, Charles coronation. Maybe a private visit here and there.

These two are going to be as free as caged birds.
To me the red line should be not allowing their business to use the ‘royal’ label. I am not sure about Sussex as it is a title which is privately held by Harry and which will be inherited by his son , so I don’t see how he can be prevented from trademarking it as other peers do for commercial purposes. There may be an issue with Sussex being mistaken for the Sussex region in England in which case they might insist that their brand be changed to “ Duke of Sussex” or something along those lines instead.

I don’t see any strategic advantage for the RF to argue about 24/7 state security as long as the British and Canadian governments are willing to pay for it as I think they will if asked by the Palace, but we have to wait and see.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'm betting he's not close to William any more, if he ever was, after that hatchet job article Bradby just published.

I am looking forward to this entire thing being settled so everyone involved can get on with their lives. My expectation is that Harry and Meghan will get virtually everything they have demanded. How that will work out for the larger BRF in the long run is questionable, but even though the royal family are, according to some, terrible, heartless, unprogressive people (sarcasm intended) I'm very sure that all of them love Harry and want nothing but for him to be happy. The damage from the breach of trust and lack of respect for the Queen may never heal, but that is the BRF's private business.
There is no question Bradby was close to William (and Harry) going back decades even. William having regular conversations with Bradby was how William was able to figure out his cell was being hacked. Bradby was specifically asked to do their engagement interview, advised Kate on media for years, was a personal invite to their wedding, Kate worked with Bradby's wife on a jewelry piece (or art piece?) for charity and Bradby was also invited to private Middleton family events.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
To me the red line should be not allowing their business to use the ‘royal’ label. I am not sure about Sussex as it is a title which is privately held by Harry and which will be inherited by his son , so I don’t see how he can be prevented from trademarking it as other peers do for commercial purposes.

I don’t see any strategic advantage for the RF to argue about 24/7 state security as long as the British and Canadian governments are willing to pay for it as I think they will if asked by the Palace, but we have to wait and see.
Yes, the addition of the "royal" to Sussex has always been the sticking point for me, but we'll see how that plays out. The Sussexes certainly have gone to a lot of trouble to set up the Sussex Royal brand, so using it may be non-negotiable for them. It all depends on how scorched earth they are willing to go.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Except he didn't say that exactly. I think that is the point. He spoke in a hypothetical in that "Harry knows where the bodies are buried" if it came to that point and it went from there. He had no business saying that either but this man is also a reporter with his own agenda too. He claims knows both brothers well but he is also going to do his job, so to speak.

All that said, I don't think the Sussexes will get all what they want. It will be a compromise that works with everyone but most important will protect the monarchy. They the pure intention was just to remove them or them just walk away than all this happening today wouldn't be. So we shall see.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Is it the times article they are referring to?
It does seem to be, yes. The Times article not only contained the allegation of bullying, but also denials from both friends of Williams and other friends of Harry's.

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex regard themselves as having been pushed away from the royal family by the “bullying” attitude of his brother the Duke of Cambridge, The Times understands.

In an analysis that is contested by sources close to Prince William and others close to Prince Harry, the Sussexes want to step away from their royal role after two years of “constantly being told their place”, according to a source that knows the couple well.
And reporters who've actually talked to the palace sources have confirmed that the characterization of bullying is the problem.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...83837570387968

Quote:
There is no question Bradby was close to William (and Harry) going back decades even. William having regular conversations with Bradby was how William was able to figure out his cell was being hacked. Bradby was specifically asked to do their engagement interview, advised Kate on media for years, was a personal invite to their wedding, Kate worked with Bradby's wife on a jewelry piece (or art piece?) for charity and Bradby was also invited to private Middleton family events.

Bradby has himself denied being friends, instead calling himself "a friendly face".

Quote:
He says while it did occur to him that " building a relationship with Prince William might be useful to the rest of my journalistic life", he said he has always gravitated toward people he likes and who "have humanity".

"My mother hated that calculation and she particularly hated people who kissed arse, especially the arses of those who were powerful," he said. "I suppose that stuck with me. William has his proper friends and I am not one of them. I'm a friendly face in the media and someone he can talk to if he wants to."

Source: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...-34419495.html
Old 01-13-2020, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

So basically they just burned to the ground Tom Bradby or what ?
Old 01-13-2020, 09:30 AM
Majesty

Has the meeting started yet ? I don’t suppose there will be a statement to the press afterwards today, or will it ?

Closed Thread