The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Seeing kids for positive PR. Hasn’t that mostly been the cast of this family anyways? I mean not until recently we rarely saw the Cambridges kids. We have seen more of Archie in these 8 months than we saw of his cousins at this age.

I’m sure, like with all of them, he will be shown when appropriate.
Not particularly. In some sense, yes, there's always been an element of positive PR. On the other, I think they're still a family and clearly some of them are very comfortable with each other and that doesn't happen when you only see each other on rare occasions for a PR purpose. I'm thinking specifically of the Cambridge kids with Anne's grandchildren. It's quite clear that they spend time with each other away from the cameras and public events and that absolutely translates over to their comfort with each other in those public situations.

As for Archie, we may have seen lots of him in pictures provided by his parents but other than the pictures of him meeting the Queen and Prince Philip and his christening pictures featuring the immediate family sans children, we haven't ever seen him with any family member. And frankly, unless it's for PR purposes, I don't believe we will. There's absolutely zero evidence that any of them, other than the immediate family we've seen in those official photos, have actually even met him. This is especially true since it's not believed they turned up at Balmoral this summer and we know they didn't show up at Sandringham at Christmas. He was born after Easter and they skipped the family Christmas lunch at the palace. I truly doubt we'll ever see pictures like we've seen of Louis with Charles/Camilla on the balcony or grabbing at Charles' face or even pictures like we got to see of Camilla with her arm around Charlotte or any of those pictures like we saw of the Cambridges with Kate knelt down looking at Lena in a stroller or the Phillips girls playing on the hill with George and Charlotte. Many of those were purely family moments and not trotted out for PR. I fully expect that we'll never see Archie unless it's a carefully controlled PR photoshoot.

The same type of family moments have been happening for years between William and Harry and their cousins. There's loads of evidence out there for that. Because that's what families do and the BRF is no exception. Yes there's public interaction but there's also family interaction. And children that are unused to people are not suddenly comfortable with those same people when the cameras are on them and it's quite clear that this family spends time together even without cameras around. I do think it's sad that Harry and Archie will no longer be a part of that.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Well honestly this is news to me as I’m only familiar with the Cold War between her, her father, etc...

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/statu...077580803?s=20
They have been interviewed by the press, and seeing that she chose to treat them like strangers and cut any relationship with them (to the point they were not even invited to the wedding) why back in her 20’s for no obvious reason...
That always was an eye raising thing for me, I have family members I have not seen in over a decade, I do not have much relationship with my cousins (I will admit as much) as we live very different lives (they have become quite religious I am as secular as a Jew can be and have always been very career oriented). But they would most certainly be invited to my wedding (especially if I was marrying in a huge lavish 600 ppl ceremony- hack i’d pay for their flights and accommodations! to have them there. Hell i’d Invite my mother cousin who I have no seen since I was a young child).

Family is messy, and loving, can be hell to navigate but the reward is amazing - consider these words form a woman who spend 6 years of her life apart from her family, including during the holidays, because she lived in a different continent (by my own choosing).
You can be career oriented and still have time for family.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
They have been interviewed by the press, and seeing that she chose to treat them like strangers and cut any relationship with them (to the point they were not even invited to the wedding) why back in her 20’s for no obvious reason...
That always was an eye raising thing for me, I have family members I have not seen in over a decade, I do not have much relationship with my cousins (I will admit as much) as we live very different lives (they have become quite religious I am as secular as a Jew can be and have always been very career oriented). But they would most certainly be invited to my wedding (especially if I was marrying in a huge lavish 600 ppl ceremony- hack i’d pay for their flights and accommodations! to have them there. Hell i’d Invite my mother cousin who I have no seen since I was a young child).

Family is messy, and loving, can be hell to navigate but the reward is amazing - consider these words form a woman who spend 6 years of her life apart from her family, including during the holidays, because she lived in a different continent (by my own choosing).
You can be career oriented and still have time for family.

I don't know what went on between Meghan and her siblings, if they were close once and she cut them out, etc.. However, based on the DM article written by a former friend and business associate, Meghan does seem to be the kind of person to cut someone out of her life if she thinks she has reason to, even if that reason is unreasonable to us. She seems to be soft on the outside, but inside she's steel. That said, her father is extremely problematic...

I defended her for a long time, but I can't anymore. She seems to be putting pressure on Harry, she's run away to Canada and she's ok (bad on Harry as well) with letting their mouthpiece reporter insinuate that they might blackmail the BRF. I'm done with her - and I hope that if Harry doesn't want everything that she does, that he has the gumption to stand up to her.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

That’s your family though. Meghan’s toxic relationship with herd has been hashed out many times. She barely seen most these people since she was a teenager. They all admit it. Her father is a different story. And the man even now still running to the press.

Families dynamics are tricky but what is healthy for once might not be for another.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:49 PM
Courtier

I suppose, too, that I find it sad that as the Queen grows older and her reign becomes more and more historic, more photographs are being taken and issued to document that. Photos like those of the Queen and her heirs are certainly historic and very important but feel good photos like those from a few years ago showing the Queen and her great-grandchildren are absolutely lovely and will always be favorites with the public. Since there's been so many new babies born since that photo was taken there's been calls for the Queen to update those photos with all of the great-grandchildren to include all of the newbies. I find it very sad that, should that occur, it's highly unlikely that Archie would be included. Not because the Queen wouldn't ask for him to be but because I truly believe we'll never again see Meghan in the UK and I very much doubt that she'd allow Archie to be present for a family gathering and portrait to be released worldwide that wasn't entirely controlled by she and Harry and their team and that's really, really a shame for both Archie and the Queen.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I don't know what went on between Meghan and her siblings, if they were close once and she cut them out, etc.. However, based on the DM article written by a former friend and business associate, Meghan does seem to be the kind of person to cut someone out of her life if she thinks she has reason to, even if that reason is unreasonable to us. She seems to be soft on the outside, but inside she's steel. That said, her father is extremely problematic...

I defended her for a long time, but I can't anymore. She seems to be putting pressure on Harry, she's run away to Canada and she's ok (bad on Harry as well) with letting their mouthpiece reporter insinuate that they might blackmail the BRF. I'm done with her - and I hope that if Harry doesn't want everything that she does, that he has the gumption to stand up to her.
I have a lot to say about her father, and her treatment of him since she met Harry let alone the wedding.
Like she fled the U.K. choosing to not deal with the “family she never had” after she has disrespected them and have done the equivalent of throwing mud in their face, for welcoming her into the fold despite, quite accurate, concerns, she has by all accounts did the same to her father (the father she spend year praising in interviews and social media...)

Any truly loving daughter would have gotten her ass on a plane the second after the wedding and gone to see her post surgery ill father and clear everything face to face. And don’t get me started on the letter she send him.

In other words, Rather than act in a grown up respectful manner - which means actually dealing with things. That’s what being made of steel is all about.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I have no doubt for many reasons Charles does want Harry and Meghan to walk away from the table relatively happy- or at least satisfied. And I fully understand that- as a future monarch, father and grandfather- he wants a good relationship with them. It benefits no one if this ends in anger. And, yes, I could see William being tougher.

But Charles still has to take into account public opinion, the will of governments involved, and any other reality that he can’t control. As BP said- this is a complicated situation. It’s not just- how much is Charles willing to give.
Very astute.

I am amazed at the reporting in the British press (not tabs) about what should be the very private thoughts and plans of HM and her family.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
On the other, I think they're still a family and clearly some of them are very comfortable with each other and that doesn't happen when you only see each other on rare occasions for a PR purpose. I'm thinking specifically of the Cambridge kids with Anne's grandchildren. It's quite clear that they spend time with each other away from the cameras and public events and that absolutely translates over to their comfort with each other in those public situations.

As for Archie, we may have seen lots of him in pictures provided by his parents but other than the pictures of him meeting the Queen and Prince Philip and his christening pictures featuring the immediate family sans children, we haven't ever seen him with any family member. .
A few months after Archie was born Meaghan took him to the polo, where she was heavily criticized for holding him incorrectly. Kate and her children were also there, and I remember feeling so sorry for Meaghan as there seemed to be no interaction from Kate at all.

Did anyone in the extended family step up and provide a supportive hand to Meaghan? Seems no different from the Dianna days.

Having said that I still think they've been naively wrong in the way they've gone about this. The BRF do not make decisions quickly or changes lightly, and Harry should have known that.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
That’s your family though. Meghan’s toxic relationship with herd has been hashed out many times. She barely seen most these people since she was a teenager. They all admit it. Her father is a different story. And the man even now still running to the press.

Families dynamics are tricky but what is healthy for once might not be for another.

Comments like this is just ridiculous. You hate Meghan, that’s clear, but saying she needs to lose custody of her son? Seriously? No one knows these people.
I do not hate her, I just see her for what she truly is.
Just as I see trump for who he really is- don’t we this mean I hate trump too?

I’m a Gemini, we mostlythink and operate by a logical manner (that damn mercury ruling us). We look at the pieces and work on putting the puzzle together, My souring of Meghan is due to her own behavior and words.- I have always said this from the start two years ago: FYI, I was a big supporter at first, but that declined and vanished when her actions did not go hand in hand with her words and proclamations. Something was off, that much became clear.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
They have Savannah, Isla, Mia and Lena and of course Arthur. And more in the future no doubt. They will be fine. It's Archie I feel for. It is quite bizarre when you think about it. His,grandfather will be King and he may not know him.
I am sorry but this isn't two hundred years ago. It fussing take sux month journeys to travel to the UK. Are you thinking Harry is in exile and can't return for visits??? And living in one of those famous igloos in Canada without wifi??

Charles will see his grandson when Harry and Meghan visit. And through things like Skype. Probably considering his schedule, not much less then when they lived in the UK.

I find it hilarious people are so furious Charles won't gave easy access. What about Doria??? Silly me, only royals matter.

Meghan has plenty of family. Family is not always blood or marriage. For her, her friends are the family she chose. Archie will have plenty of honorary cousins.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whatever the outcome of Monday's meeting one thing I am sure of is that the media will hound this couple relentlessly for awhile regardless of where they chose to reside.
And that will be very annoying to any neighbours they might have.

I also hope that Harry spent Sunday discussing/ argueing his plans with William. They really need to have had quality face time together before this meeting even if it is argueing.
And of course more than anything I hope Harry has been to visit his grandfather.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannedde View Post
A few months after Archie was born Meaghan took him to the polo, where she was heavily criticized for holding him incorrectly. Kate and her children were also there, and I remember feeling so sorry for Meaghan as there seemed to be no interaction from Kate at all.

Did anyone in the extended family step up and provide a supportive hand to Meaghan? Seems no different from the Dianna days.

Having said that I still think they've been naively wrong in the way they've gone about this. The BRF do not make decisions quickly or changes lightly, and Harry should have known that.
I do remember that but honestly, interaction goes both ways and not only did we not really see any interaction from Kate, we didn't see any from Meghan. I remember see pictures of Louis trying to show Meghan his (Kate's) sunglasses and it didn't appear as though she even gave him a glance or a minute's attention. So I guess it really works both ways.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yes I quite remember her being judged for taking him and holding him.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Not particularly. In some sense, yes, there's always been an element of positive PR. On the other, I think they're still a family and clearly some of them are very comfortable with each other and that doesn't happen when you only see each other on rare occasions for a PR purpose. I'm thinking specifically of the Cambridge kids with Anne's grandchildren. It's quite clear that they spend time with each other away from the cameras and public events and that absolutely translates over to their comfort with each other in those public situations.

As for Archie, we may have seen lots of him in pictures provided by his parents but other than the pictures of him meeting the Queen and Prince Philip and his christening pictures featuring the immediate family sans children, we haven't ever seen him with any family member. And frankly, unless it's for PR purposes, I don't believe we will. There's absolutely zero evidence that any of them, other than the immediate family we've seen in those official photos, have actually even met him. This is especially true since it's not believed they turned up at Balmoral this summer and we know they didn't show up at Sandringham at Christmas. He was born after Easter and they skipped the family Christmas lunch at the palace. I truly doubt we'll ever see pictures like we've seen of Louis with Charles/Camilla on the balcony or grabbing at Charles' face or even pictures like we got to see of Camilla with her arm around Charlotte or any of those pictures like we saw of the Cambridges with Kate knelt down looking at Lena in a stroller or the Phillips girls playing on the hill with George and Charlotte. Many of those were purely family moments and not trotted out for PR. I fully expect that we'll never see Archie unless it's a carefully controlled PR photoshoot.

The same type of family moments have been happening for years between William and Harry and their cousins. There's loads of evidence out there for that. Because that's what families do and the BRF is no exception. Yes there's public interaction but there's also family interaction. And children that are unused to people are not suddenly comfortable with those same people when the cameras are on them and it's quite clear that this family spends time together even without cameras around. I do think it's sad that Harry and Archie will no longer be a part of that.
This is absolutely baseless speculation and soothsaying. We have no idea how much or how little Archie has been around his family nor should we assume he will only be with them for PR---as if the BRF in general doesn't use kids for PR as a form anyway. Archie isn't even one yet! Any public pic of the Cambridge children you see is only published in the UK because the Cambridges allow it. There have been many times where they have not allowed it. A more mean person would say that its more than a coincidence that pics have been allowed when the Cambridges need good PR (they were not always the golden couple). But again that would be ridiculous speculation.

We also have almost ZERO photos of George or Charlotte really with their extended family ie their cousins and such in their first year or two beyond the Christening photos. As a matter of fact, the tabloids wailed about how William and the Middletons purposely cut Charles off from seeing his grandkids and how even the Queen never saw them. The evil scheming Carole Middleton was blamed. Does that make it true? Of course not.

Again, I understand folks are set in their views. Me too. But lets be reasonable and evidence-based here.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Regarding support for Meghan, it seems to me that women marrying into the BRF have a much better time of it if their own families were loving and supportive and were without major schisms. Sophie and Kate are outstanding examples, whereas other recent unsuccessful brides had divorces, bolter mothers and cheating fathers in their family history. Sophie and Kate had the confidence to take on their roles, and that confidence comes from a solid loving childhood background.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Nobility

All the information we have is from the news. We don't know Meghan or Harry and many of you have no right making the judgments or comments you are making. We do not know the facts or what has happened behind the scenes. It is stuff like this that has caused this to happen.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Regarding support for Meghan, it seems to me that women marrying into the BRF have a much better time of it if their own families were loving and supportive and were without major schisms. Sophie and Kate are outstanding examples, whereas other recent unsuccessful brides had divorces, bolter mothers and cheating fathers in their family history. Sophie and Kate had the confidence to take on their roles, and that confidence comes from a solid loving childhood background.
I do think that is critical. Meghan is obviously very close to her mother but Doria lives an ocean and continent away

Kate has been lambasted over the years for seeming too dependent on her mother but IMO her family was an invaluable base for her, William and the kids.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I do remember that but honestly, interaction goes both ways and not only did we not really see any interaction from Kate, we didn't see any from Meghan. I remember see pictures of Louis trying to show Meghan his (Kate's) sunglasses and it didn't appear as though she even gave him a glance or a minute's attention. So I guess it really works both ways.
Have to smirk at double standards.

I noticed your post criticizing the fact we haven't seen Archie interacting with the other kids and family outside christening and birth photo. He is seven months old, what were you expecting??? Photos of him and Louis at a mommy and me class??

How many photos of Louis did we see his first year? Or any of the Cambridge kids for that matter? Other then birth and christening, basically birthday and Christmas photos. We have actually seen just as much if not more of Archie then we saw of his cousins at this age.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Harry and Meghan seek global trademark for Sussex Royal brand

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ex-royal-brand

I honestly think that the Sussexes should be prevented from using their titles and especially the word ‘royal’ in their commercial projects.

According to The Guardian

Quote:
Some experts have suggested Harry and Meghan could make as much as £500,000 in their first year of being released from the boundaries of senior royalty, particularly by tapping into the lucrative north American market.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
The couple would not have much difficulty if Harry decided to become a U.S. citizen.

I think they'd be happy in Malibu, in one of its more remote sections, and with its very well-enforced paparazzi laws.
That will never happen. Becoming a US Citizen requires one to renounce foreign titles of nobility. If he and Meghan really wanted to renounce his titles, they would have done so quietly.

Closed Thread