The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 11:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I accept the press has not always been kind, social media has been vile, even on here.
If this was just about the press they could have chosen to walk away from royal duty to have a private life but with charitable work as part of that private life. Still received money from the family to do all that. Or even taken a year away from royal duty.

No they have set up a new website, with a new copyright name, branded the name with goods. They do not want a quiet private life, they want to make money and raise their profile,
Then claimed their hand was forced.
Fed pet journos stories.
The latest story today from the pet journo has totally trashed the rest of the royal family. He did not do that without speaking to them first.
So it is alright for them to trash the royals but not alright for the other journos to write about them.

This was no rushed action because of a leak, this has been long in the planning.
IMo it is obvious that somebody wanted to raise the status big time, but failed to understand the royal family and how it works.

I have a horrible feeling that after the meeting tomorrow , Harry will fly to Canada and that will be it.
If inly he did�� I find this possible aswell the way the two behaved like angry teenagers. But another possible solution is, when HM decides they'll make the compromise without any explanation as usual and be honest after a few months the Brits will aceept and life will go on, the RF has had bigger crisis' than this and for example even the Andrew thing seems to be forgotten already.....

The solution, if to trust the recent poll, most Brits would favour is not going to happen, because the RF can do as it likes, it has always been like this and especially now that many Brits will fave huge changes by Brexit who really takes monarchy that important?
That accepting H&M wishes is a huge mistake will show in the future but then HM will be gone and again as explained before they always acted the way they wanted.... especially under EII reign she did not control anything inside and as Zaira well explained before many many changes who are necesaary have been ignored for decades now... the RF never ACTS in a positive way of regarding their own development but RE-ACTS to selfmade problems by their members.
After all at least some if them will take a drink, sit back, watch the polls and take a good laugh because the Brits still go along with them....
In total difference to any other european monarchy they simply do not care about their people, sad but true and the long lasting reign has not made things better.
In total respect of HM qualities and service in other parts, she missed a lot of other important things, to carry on just like her parents did and what else did she know, without proper education aso was simply not enough. And after the death if her father, which I really can't see as a sacrifice because he used to smoke 50 or 60 cigarettes a day and yes, human bei gs die soonet from this, only the Queen Mum was left just the same, not educated, not well prepared...... look how HM brought up her children will tell you all, done like 150 years before mostly......
if compared to other RF again, they have done much better since decades!!!

Old 01-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Well, IMO its pretty established that the Firm is ruthless. At the end of the day its a group of people who want to retain their power and privilege. No one is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts so of course the BRF isn't some bastion of fraternity or love.

I think we have learned that all of them: Harry, Charles, William and the rest all prefer yes men. This was a complaint for many in the early days in the Cambridge marriage when we got the "William the tyrant" articles before the tune changed.

It has been reported by just about everyone over the years that none of the Windsor men do well with being told no.

Now personally I think its all rather rich that Geidt is being given all this credit in hindsight when who knows if he would be doing any better with the situation? Arguably, part of your job as a leader is to make sure those behind you can step up and take over well. It seems none of Geidt's deputies have done so, if reporting is to be believed. And the issues with the Wales Brother setting up their own court and being hard to "wrangle" (before Meghan came along) have been reported about constantly and also happened under Geidt to say nothing of the Andrew debacle hardly being a 2019 shock.

Nevertheless, it is clear there is a dearth of leadership within the BRF. The Queen is old and tired. Philip is done. Charles is...well idk but this isn't an auspicious start for him. And who knows about William. There is an argument to be made for an institution that desperately needed renewal many years before now.

It really is all and well a mess but also largely a reflection of the mess that is UK politics and institutions overall IMO. Times are a changing and thats a painful and ugly process.
Of course they arenít saints, but I think itís nasty hyperbole to call them poisonous and Machiavellian - and it doesnít help Bradbyís point, because to me it makes it impossible to take him seriously.

As to the ďitĒ they are doing that you refer to, I would say that all started with H and M. If they hadnít acted so rashly and disrespectfully, this would have been taken care of in time. Based on reports, I think itís safe to say that the Queen and Charles are acting out of love for Harry. Of course they arenít going to let he and Meghan get whatever they want to - itís not wrong that they are trying to reign them in. I mean, if the Sussexes really hate being Royal, then they should step away completely; itís unfair to expect HM to upend Royal tradition to cater to H and M.

I do agree with much of what you said, although Iím confident that Charles will make a good King. During the Andrew crisis, he was acting in concert with HM - and decisively. Sadly for him, he likely will have to deal with H and M issues during his reign...so in that sense, no, itís not auspicious.

Old 01-12-2020, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think Archie been left in Canada was suppose to come out. I think Meghan intended staying to talk to the Queen but when that came known there was too much of a risk of the people asking why they had left their child in a foreign country when they refused to leave him in Britain when they were going to South Africa. Too much possibility of making them look like bad parents. That is why we had the unscheduled visit to the Soup kitchen, I think it was supposed to happen during the week. I have been told that the visit to Canada House was to provide pictures for the newspapers to accompany the announcement - this has just fueled conspiracy theorists.
Hopefully we will have a nice statement, probably by the Sussex's first explaining what actually will be happening.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan was a hardworking actress, she worked often 10-12 hours or more per day, had visions, plans, energy to make her and this world better. I can imagine, that she thought at the beginning, she can help and make more with the support of the royalhouse.. But then she recognized that these royals are only marionettes, who do not really care for issues behind the doors and sure not work too hard... (sure not so much as Meghan in filmindusty)... The english people can be happy, that Meghan doesn't want to paid for this laziness, and I think other royals should rather think about it and take an example.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Blackmail is UGLY, and [via their proxies] the Sussexes grow uglier by the hour,, but if they seriously think HMQ will 'cave' out of fear of being labelled a 'racist', they are wrong - Did Michelle Obama find her so ? Do any of the COUNTLESS Commonwealth leaders she has dealt with over her reign believe her to be so ?

Any slanderous accusations cooked up in any interview will be seen [Worldwide] for the lies they are...
I believe the accusation was that there was racism in the households; courtiers, servants, and other staff would be more likely than members of the family.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Sounds about right to me. I don’t doubt that Meghan loves Harry, but I don’t think for a moment she has any intention of staying in this marriage if she doesn’t get what she wants. She absolutely has a plan to become a global voice and brand independent of the BRF and I have no doubt that Hollywood will play a huge role in her agenda. I truly think she is done with the obligatory traditions and duties of being a Royal and will do as little as possible going forward, staying in Canada or the US with Archie while Harry makes appearances at obligatory functions in the UK.

I really don’t see this marriage lasting. If she doesn’t get what she wants, she could divorce him tomorrow and go on to make millions branding herself as Duchess of Sussex and having her pick of incredibly lucrative endorsement deals and have complete freedom to make her life what she wants. The only thing that would be a huge sticking point is her son, which she would fight tooth and nail to keep with her full time. It would be incredibly ugly should it all come down to this.
I think if she truly loved Harry - or, better yet, cared enough for him - and she knew that she couldn’t adapt to the BRF lifestyle, she shouldn’t have continued the relationship. She really didn’t give this a chance, but then I suspect her intention all along was to create waves.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Meghan was a hardworking actress, she worked often 10-12 hours or more per day, had visions, plans, energy to make her and this world better. I can imagine, that she thought at the beginning, she can help and make more with the support of the royalhouse.. But then she recognized that these royals are only marionettes, who do not really care for issues behind the doors and sure not work too hard... (sure not so much as Meghan in filmindusty)... The english people can be happy, that Meghan doesn't want to paid for this laziness, and I think other royals should rather think about it and take an example.
will you pay for them?

Not to mock on you, but you did not get the point in this, do you?
Old 01-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe the accusation was that there was racism in the households; courtiers, servants, and other staff would be more likely than members of the family.
Ah - the 'little people' ? That will hardly make the 'waves' required, and doubtless the victims will contest these allegations in Court..
Old 01-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I agree with you. It was completely to their advantage to leak it since they apparently already had their plans in place and weíre moving forward regardless of any official approval. They certainly got it expedited, but the question remains of whether they will be able to do all they have already publicly declared on their website. I certainly hope not.
They wanted to make themselves victims - first of the media and then of the BRF (how dare they react badly). NOW I think the Africa interview was a HUGE set up, planting the seeds in trying to get public sympathy in their side before nuking everything to bits. Tom Mouthpiece is lousy at his job, though, because between his insults to the BRF and his blackmail comments, what heís done is turn people against H and M
Old 01-12-2020, 12:21 PM

They are doing all this because they want to be financially indipendent and want privacy, but all they're getting is more attention and criticism from the media and the public.
Meghan was never suited for this life nor wanted to adjust to it and Harry is doing everything in his power to make her happy, not thinking about the consequences.
It's a pity Harry has alienated himself from his brother and sister in law, from his father and grandmother. I think one day he'll regret this decision.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
And because she ain't weak but strong she is probably already (look at this belly at Canada House) or soon pregnant with the second child.
Harry was probably stupid enough and mischief to have married her without any plans for he if-case of a divorce, but I really do not care this is about money which they really (except Meghan) have enough of.
Strength is a very good thing, but not if itís not tempered with kindness, compassion, understanding.

That reminds me - it does seem as if Charles truly has known Meghan all along. Remember - his nickname for her is Tungsten. Those qualities that he has seen in her are evident more than ever....in a bad way.

Quote:
According to royal correspondent Russell Myers, Prince Charles and Meghan have a "strong bond" and "he's been calling her tungsten, the metal, because she is tough and unbending."
Ď
Quote:
Prince Charles admires Meghan for her strength and the backbone she gives Harry, who needs a tungsten-type figure in his life as he can be a bit of a softy,í a source reportedly told the tabloid.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Ah the 'little people' ? That will hardly make the 'waves' required, and doubtless they will contest these allegations in Court..
And i'm affraid you'll have to define and prove racism. If, indeed, Meghan was victim of obvious racism at Court, by words, gestures, it's of course and without any doubt perfectly condemnable and it has to be denounced right away.
But if she considered "racism" or "sexism" the fact than some courtiers maybe refused to do the things her own way, it's a totally different matter.
It's a slippery slop.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
If she doesn't want to be paid, why are they takng money from the Duchy of Cornwall?
Old 01-12-2020, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Thank you for your contribution!

Only thing I would say, is, that Harry is no ordinary human being, but a Prince, what might count not much in America, but...

Does anybody remember the Romanov stories? I mean, NO, the Windsors are not the Romanovs! But Canada took in right a few of the Romanovs back then. Olga Alexandrovna and her husband Nikolai Kulikovsky come to mind.
Harry is not a refugee, with his life in danger if he stays in the UK!
Old 01-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
They wanted to make themselves victims - first of the media and then of the BRF (how dare they react badly). NOW I think the Africa interview was a HUGE set up, planting the seeds in trying to get public sympathy in their side before nuking everything to bits. Tom Mouthpiece is lousy at his job, though, because between his insults to the BRF and his blackmail comments, what heís done is turn people against H and M
I think it's notable that the "William's friend" story and the TB blackmail story came out in the same issue.

Leaving aside whether the "friend" is a credible source, the fact remains that the article written "from William's POV" was conciliatory and contained no shots at the Sussexes. The one written from the Suxxexes POV by their new mouthpiece definitely took aim at the royal family.

It is not a good look for the Sussexes, to be honest.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If she doesn't want to be paid, why are they takng money from the Duchy of Cornwall?
I don't think, that they will take it in the future... They won't need it. They can make their own business without the royalhouse. And I am sure, they will earn more money so as now in the BRF...
Old 01-12-2020, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I think it's notable that the "William's friend" story and the TB blackmail story came out in the same issue.

Leaving aside whether the "friend" is a credible source, the fact remains that the article written "from William's POV" was conciliatory and contained no shots at the Sussexes. The one written from the Suxxexes POV by their new mouthpiece definitely took aim at the royal family.

Thatís a very good point.....
Old 01-12-2020, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Harry is not a refugee, with his life in danger if he stays in the UK!
Harry not, but when things go on Meghan can apply for asylum eslewhere as the Brits will chase her LOL she, herself has always believed this anyway.
Good idea, nobody mentioned before, Meghan a refugee in Canada because if those evil British people and of course she can bring her poor husband and son along. Sure the Canadians have regugee programs to deal with it. Though she speaks both english and french there are fears she will not adjust like elsewhere before, but isn't that great, she will soon run away again to some better place, husband and a family she never wanted sorry had?

Irony is at its best with those two
Old 01-12-2020, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amisirio95 View Post
They are doing all this because they want to be financially indipendent and want privacy, but all they're getting is more attention and criticism from the media and the public.
Meghan was never suited for this life nor wanted to adjust to it and Harry is doing everything in his power to make her happy, not thinking about the consequences.
It's a pity Harry has alienated himself from his brother and sister in law, from his father and grandmother. I think one day he'll regret this decision.
It's been like that for a while - their attempts to have more control and privacy just caused more vitriol from the press and public than if they did absolute nothing. One would think after two years they'd realize this is not working - and I think they do - which causes me to think it's not privacy and quiet that they crave.
Anyone who's watching the royals for a while though shouldn't be surprised that Harry is ready to take on the world for his wife and family, even if it includes isolating himself from his immediate family, his father, brother, grandparents. He waited and waited to have his own family and now that he has it, I doubt there's anything that will stop him or make him think for even a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

I think it's pretty clear from reading the press/internet, that we have two camps here and that certain "journalist" are being asked to write a word or two by BOTH sides. (Then there's just tabloids making money, but hey, no one suspected that this will change, did they?) The problem is that one side is playing by the rules and doesn't want to say or do anything that would result in a complete termination of family relationship, while the other is going in full-speed, no breaks, no prisoners taken.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Viscount Linley, also the grandson of a monarch, opened a furniture shop. You don't need a university degree in order to be able to pursue a career.

Closed Thread