The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague View Post
why didn't they bring him back with them? - still can't get my head round that
Because they never intended to come back full time? They intended to come, for a few days, tell the British press and public and the RF what they have decided and then scoot off and start "part time living in Canada" but expecting to be back in the UK later to do a bit of work..
However they have found that the BRF and even more the British public are not happy with what they have seen them do and are insisting that they can't do this and one or both of them have to stay to negoitiatte some kind of settlement. I do think that they should have left Archie.. another couple of days wont do him any harm.. and Meg should be with Harry to be involved in the talks..

Old 01-12-2020, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness

DM. - rest of the royal family allegedly weighing in

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...secretary.html

If they want to look at staff members start with the one that apparently leak the Sussexes' plans to Dan Wooten and the Sun.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I can't comprehend how parents could leave their baby in a foreign country without one of them - even for one day. How would a British baby get home again should his parents be in the UK unable to fly back and collect him?
Isn't a baby's passport connected to their parents' passport?
Why is that a problem? He has a nanny and can travel with her...
Old 01-12-2020, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

I loathe this Tom Bradby...

Calling the Windsors poisonous and Machiavellian ? “Claiming” the BRF was blindsided? Trashing Charles (the newspaper bit and the part in bold)?

Victoria Murphy called this a thoughtful piece?

Quote:
There was a small twist in the story of Harry and Meghan’s announcement last week that gives an indication of just how poisonous and frankly Machiavellian the modern House of Windsor has become. The young couple, newly returned and refreshed from their six weeks away, wanted to meet other members of their family and officials to discuss their plans to work towards becoming financially independent in a newly slimmed-down monarchy.

Harry was asked to put pen to paper with some ideas for discussion. He was reluctant, on the grounds that such documents normally leak.

He was persuaded and did as he was asked. The document, or its details, was shortly afterwards leaked to The Sun. And then, once he had gone ahead with an announcement anyway, palace officials claimed to have been blindsided by it.

It is quite hard to know who is right and who is wrong in this, and foolish perhaps to even try to decide. Some other members of the family say Harry and — particularly — his wife come across as extremely difficult. They feel they have done their absolute best to create space for the newcomer.

Harry and Meghan, on the other hand, find some other members of the family (with the exception of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh) jealous and, at times, unfriendly.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...lace-rg75t9rxc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
DM. - rest of the royal family allegedly weighing in

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...secretary.html

If they want to look at staff members start with the one that apparently leak the Sussexes' plans to Dan Wooten and the Sun.
I don’t understand why Charles wanted Geidt gone if he was so effective. I love Charles, but does he really only want YES men in the employ of the BRF? That sounds like something Andrew would do....

I also don’t get why the article is implying that Charles or anyone should have known exactly how much of a problem Harry and Meghan would turn out to be. He was happy, and I’m sure that made the a Queen and Charles happy
Old 01-12-2020, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Oh to be a fly on the wall Monday at Sandringham.
I was just thinking the same thing
Old 01-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Courtier

Denville, it just seems strange to me that a baby who can't speak but who has a passport can travel the World with any one other than it's parents.

Any baby could be snatched and taken over borders with any adult, therefore.
I guess there might be papers supporting the guardian role of the nanny but who can verify those to be accurate. No wonder children are kidnapped to other countries.

What would happen if the parents had an accident and couldn't return. For a low profile baby how would a nanny prove guardianship?
Old 01-12-2020, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I don’t understand why Charles wanted Geidt gone if he was so effective. I love Charles, but does he really only want YES men in the employ of the BRF? That sounds like something Andrew would do....

I also don’t get why the article is implying that Charles or anyone should have known exactly how much of a problem Harry and Meghan would turn out to be. He was happy, and I’m sure that made the a Queen and Charles happy
I got the impression they were implying part of the reason Charles wanted Geidt gone was he "foresaw" challenges with Meghan and Harry, though given he left before they were even engaged I'm not sure there's truth in that (plus HM gave him a role in same organisation as H&M regarding Commonwealth)

I can believe Andrew wanted him gone because Geidt was happy to tell HM the truth including about her second eldest son and the future role of his daughters.

Interesting HM was travelling to church today with her lady in waiting Lady Susan Hussey, one of the more experienced Ladies in Waiting - William's godmother, and who was "lent to Diana" in the very early days. Whether on purpose or by chance HM seems to have her A-team with her including people who've known the family for long enough to not be intimidated by them.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Such a shame she couldn’t have had more time before she got married to get used to her new Role and what was excepted of her. Also why didn’t Harry tell her what our newspapers were like in the Uk . But I suppose when you are in love and it’s all new and romantic and he is a prince you don’t take hed.
No doubt Meghan knew all about the Brit newspapers going in and to this day it mystifies me why she projects a blindsided injured public persona when it comes to the press. Her tough activist feminist woman in her thirties persona is so at odds with this. I expected to see a silent fierce dignified spit in your eye response and what I saw instead was that weak tea ITV mess.

But I think on a personal level your assessment is probably very close to the mark.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
That' s obviously the same fault, isn't it?
William has lost his mother, too and suffered from media attention and he was their main focus always as he will be the heir. But he managed to cope with it and protects his family, too.
It is really funny if only it did not turn out a tragedy how everybody thinks Harry the only one who lost,suffered and now protects his family
but others have done before and much better.
Since his relationship with Meghan Harry has choosen to do things differently, instead of learning from others who have more experience and suceeded.
As Harry ain't the brightest bunny and only proofed to can be funny, maybe a somehow good soldier but with not more! this is either a lack if intelligence or most probably a combination if both a lack of intelligence and arrogance or stupidity.
Plus Meghan who does not seem to adapt anything, have no experience in Britain, being royal or being much in the focus if the media though she was a d-list actress before.
What can one expect from this couple? Maybe they see themselves as rebels or just doing things differently but they are nit learning, one desaster after another since they started.
I wonder if nobody gave Meghan the time to adjust slowly or if she did not want to. She has now proofed she just can't manage it.
I think it would be wise to rake them out, because there will always be a next surprise with them.
Monarchy is not about yourself but about serving!
And this is nit all easy but possible!
Well, she still is a "d-actress" to me....
As if the RF didn´t have their share of an american divorcee causing a lot of trouble - no, here we go one more time....
As much as I disrespect Markle´s father, he was right about one thing he said "Meghan will cause a lot of problems for the RF!" Of course he was slammed for it by all the "Meghan-Fans".
It is so sad when I think about Harry. He was one of the most popular, if not the most popular, member of the BRF (I know people who do not give a damn about Royalty, but they liked and respected Harry!), and what did he become....
Old 01-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I think if you are set on doing something your own way, even when told that won’t work for the BRF or even say the Royal Foundation, it is easy to assign jealousy to others as to why they won’t let you do what you want, how you want. And after awhile, yes I can see how things could become very strained or “unfriendly.”
And now I recall the anonymous Sussex staff person who spoke out this fall about how the Sussexes have “singlehandedly modernized the monarchy” amongst other nonsense. If this was the Sussex attitude then I can see how it would cause friction.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Denville, it just seems strange to me that a baby who can't speak but who has a passport can travel the World with any one other than it's parents.

Any baby could be snatched and taken over borders with any adult, therefore.
I guess there might be papers supporting the guardian role of the nanny but who can verify those to be accurate. No wonder children are kidnapped to other countries.

What would happen if the parents had an accident and couldn't return. For a low profile baby how would a nanny prove guardianship?
I dotn think a baby who has security men and a nanny and possibly one of Meghan's friends surrounding him is at risk....
Old 01-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGlendower View Post
No doubt Meghan knew all about the Brit newspapers going in and to this day it mystifies me why she projects a blindsided injured public persona when it comes to the press. Her tough activist feminist woman in her thirties persona is so at odds with this. I expected to see a silent fierce dignified spit in your eye response and what I saw instead was that weak tea ITV mess.

But I think on a personal level your assessment is probably very close to the mark.
Because she’s an actress and is portraying a role?
Because, yes, I think the real Meghan is tough as nails.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:09 AM
Nobility

Tom Bradby's piece is unintentionally funny to my American ears.

"the young couple" makes them sound like twenty-somethings going in for pre-wedding counseling with the local vicar

Well it is a sweet little valentine and he does have to earn his living like the rest of us but intense analytical reporting it ain't.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Terrible...even for Charles in his 70s. It’s crushing for him personally as a father and also to watch his mother suffering... I hope they are leaning on each other...

https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...197844992?s=21

True, and I have to wonder how often they’ll be doing this to perpetuate “their brand” ?
I presume if they are working they are going to have to leave their child behind at times. that's what they have nannies for..
Old 01-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

Tom Bradby says:
Quote:
It is quite hard to know who is right and who is wrong in this, and foolish perhaps to even try to decide. Some other members of the family say Harry and — particularly — his wife come across as extremely difficult. They feel they have done their absolute best to create space for the newcomer.

Harry and Meghan, on the other hand, find some other members of the family (with the exception of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh) jealous and, at times, unfriendly.
So the truth is probably somewhere in the middle but perceptions can hide the truth for us personally. One side perceives H&M as difficult, while H&M see jealousy & unfriendliness. This family needs mediation to resolve these deep rooted issues so they can operate as a cohesive, supportive team. I said before that they resemble a disparate group doing their own thing rather than 'the firm' they're supposed to be.

Victoria Arbiter mentions the old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" when referring to the separate households & I think she's right. However, how do you pull together strong personalities to work as a team when some prefer to work to their own agenda & pace? Leaving aside the others for another thread, I think Meghan's role is to work predominantly in support of Harry's projects, the patronages she's been awarded & existing royal charities/projects. It looks like she prefers to focus more on carving her own path & that's not only going to ruffle family feathers, it smacks of self-promotion like Fergie. Meghan arrived with confidence, experience & a willingness to work hard, which all could have been deployed to support what was already in place. Doing this would have served her far better & by now, having proved herself as a team member for a couple of years, she could be starting to introduce initiatives of her own.

What next then? I suppose if some kind of mediation isn't tried (or is & fails), H&M will have to step away entirely because if they can't work within the system, they'll have to exist outside of it, which I think will be a disastrous venture into celebrity-based philanthropy & it will taint them for 'cashing-in' on their royal status.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Here’s a news source about the foundation of an extremely high profile US politician:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...776_story.html
Also worth noting that HRC met with William (and maybe Kate? I don't remember) and it was in the CC...not sure why the Sussex meeting is being singled out.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I loathe this Tom Bradby...

Calling the Windsors poisonous and Machiavellian ? “Claiming” the BRF was blindsided? Trashing Charles (the newspaper bit and the part in bold)?

Victoria Murphy called this a thoughtful piece?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...lace-rg75t9rxc

Well, IMO its pretty established that the Firm is ruthless. At the end of the day its a group of people who want to retain their power and privilege. No one is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts so of course the BRF isn't some bastion of fraternity or love.

I think we have learned that all of them: Harry, Charles, William and the rest all prefer yes men. This was a complaint for many in the early days in the Cambridge marriage when we got the "William the tyrant" articles before the tune changed.

It has been reported by just about everyone over the years that none of the Windsor men do well with being told no.

Now personally I think its all rather rich that Geidt is being given all this credit in hindsight when who knows if he would be doing any better with the situation? Arguably, part of your job as a leader is to make sure those behind you can step up and take over well. It seems none of Geidt's deputies have done so, if reporting is to be believed. And the issues with the Wales Brother setting up their own court and being hard to "wrangle" (before Meghan came along) have been reported about constantly and also happened under Geidt to say nothing of the Andrew debacle hardly being a 2019 shock.

Nevertheless, it is clear there is a dearth of leadership within the BRF. The Queen is old and tired. Philip is done. Charles is...well idk but this isn't an auspicious start for him. And who knows about William. There is an argument to be made for an institution that desperately needed renewal many years before now.

It really is all and well a mess but also largely a reflection of the mess that is UK politics and institutions overall IMO. Times are a changing and thats a painful and ugly process.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Wow...this is a no-holds barred look at Meghan from a former friend and business advisor. I believe her - I’m sure others won’t, but that’s fine. This rings true to me, from her wanting to “bag a prince” to her not understanding or caring about the Royal sense of duty to not getting the Royals as human beings...

This is terribly sad...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ULE-world.html
Sounds about right to me. I don’t doubt that Meghan loves Harry, but I don’t think for a moment she has any intention of staying in this marriage if she doesn’t get what she wants. She absolutely has a plan to become a global voice and brand independent of the BRF and I have no doubt that Hollywood will play a huge role in her agenda. I truly think she is done with the obligatory traditions and duties of being a Royal and will do as little as possible going forward, staying in Canada or the US with Archie while Harry makes appearances at obligatory functions in the UK.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Nobility

I'm going to give Bradby's piece another read now. I think he's rather good at the puff pieces!
Old 01-12-2020, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
can't imagine that either Harry or Meghan, with both being very hands on parents, wanted to leave Archie for even the short amount of time they expected to be gone.
And yet they DID ..most people [i've talked to in the UK] think the failure to come back with the Child, and the removal of the [all important] Dogs, speaks to 'the Lady's' intention not to return at all, unless her 'Lifestyle wishlist' is met in its entirety..

Filing for Divorce is but a short step 'now all the ducks are lined up, in a row'..

Closed Thread