The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow the video of Harry at the Lion King premiere is sooo bad. He is clearly trying to use what I presume was an official royal event to get work for Meghan. I know the money from her voiceover went to charity but the scene of Harry networking for a "private job" at an official event won't help them now I don't think.

I'm not the biggest fan of the DM but the video is here on their site https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eover-job.html
If anyone finds it anywhere else I'll happily change the link to another

Old 01-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Which would be correct because their policy has been to follow different causes or a cause a month versus a static number of accounts. Nothing to do with the current sit.

Thatís interesting. I hadnít heard that as theyíre quite clearly following KP and Princess Eugenie.

Quote:
I thankfully do not visit the DM but someone posted screenshots of the current front page online. Just ridiculous

The DM is very good for pictures of royal events, and thatís it.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It was a question based on President Trump expressing support for QEII and criticizing H&M for their move, urging them to rethink.
Trump will likely forget any comment he said the second he said it. The man is ridiculous as a default

The US government has bigger issues to deal with than the comings and goings of the BRF and there is 0 reason to deny Harry any visa or anything no matter the President's useless opinion on a foreign family drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thatís interesting. I hadnít heard that as theyíre quite clearly following KP and Princess Eugenie.

Nope. They are literally only following 1 account this month for example. I am sure they still check out the other royal accounts hence the comments for birthdays. But in terms of who they are officially following on IG, it changes every month to match their charitable or cause theme.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Nobility

Trump won’t prevent them from living here. He’ll just lie and say he cleared the way for it, even though Harry can obtain citizenship like most spouses of American citizens.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It was a question based on President Trump expressing support for QEII and criticizing H&M for their move, urging them to rethink.
Given how Trump normally expresses himself, the fact that he was so mild speaks volumes. He doesnít care about this in the least.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nope. They are literally only following 1 account this month for example. I am sure they still check out the other royal accounts hence the comments for birthdays. But in terms of who they are officially following on IG, it changes every month to match their charitable or cause theme.
I think the birthday greetings may be over, I donít recall anything being posted on Thursday. Maybe I missed it.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Please note that a number of posts have been edited or deleted for the following reasons:

1) They contained bickering back and forth posts that add nothing of interest to those reading the thread
2) They contain references to narcissism and mental health, which we have previously asked not to be discussed.
3) They contain empty, satirical links which, again, add nothing to a discussion or debate.

Members are reminded, yet again, to treat each other with respect and courtesy when responding to eachother - especially where opinions may differ.

May we also please tone down the language, tone and expletives used when posting - it is unnecessary in the discussion.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I think the birthday greetings may be over, I donít recall anything being posted on Thursday. Maybe I missed it.
For Catherine's birthday? I think they commented on KP post with their wishes.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
To Kate? SR did posted a birthday comment to her. Its the top one on the KP post.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Wow the video of Harry at the Lion King premiere is sooo bad. He is clearly trying to use what I presume was an official royal event to get work for Meghan. I know the money from her voiceover went to charity but the scene of Harry networking for a "private job" at an official event won't help them now I don't think.

I'm not the biggest fan of the DM but the video is here on their site https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eover-job.html
If anyone finds it anywhere else I'll happily change the link to another
It's dreadfully embarrassing to watch, the Disney CEO seems really uncomfortable too.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Or the intern in the office did. I mean really. They don't use it. Their staff do.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
It's dreadfully embarrassing to watch, the Disney CEO seems really uncomfortable too.
Is that a taste of what their new progressive role will lbe like ?
Old 01-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

The Tom Bradby article in the The times is the worst thing I have ever read. Royal family members jealous of a Meghan and Harry, of course not The Queen and Phillip. Basically inferring Kate and William jealous and they were forced out. Maybe even particularly Kate. Inferring that the royals leaked it themselves basically. Trust me they wouldn't and have never done such a think ever before. They spike stories sure but never this and then trying to sound balanced by admitting some royals find them difficult. Awful article. To be fair. I am willing to admit, and even suspect, that some courtiers would want to see the back of a Meghan and Harry.

Also on the topic of some royals finding them difficult. I bet they do. You just have to notice how Harry hasn't been seen with any of his cousins, apart from borrowing Eugenie's house. Although public understanding is that Harry has always been very close to Eugenie and maybe William is closer to the Phillips cousins. Who he is seen with a bit. Also I am betting people were jealous a bit. It is a natural enough emotion. Doesn't mean they were a lady macbeth about it or were anything but civil.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
To Kate? SR did posted a birthday comment to her. Its the top one on the KP post.
I missed it then. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I think itís more notable that they decided to go public with their decision and their wishes/demands list right at Kateís birthday without talking to any of the involved parties first and working together. They got blindsided instead.

Iíd like to think there was at least an apology for the obvious damper they would have put on her birthday, but I guess that depends on just how poor relations are between them all now.

And this decision impacts no one in the short and long term more than William and Kate. Harry and Meghan were supposed to be their primary support. That is gone.

Iíve said it before- if they want a different role and are just miserable, best to move on for all involved. Itís not good for anyone. But my primary sympathy is with everyone else dealing with the fallout- from family to staff.

And Meghan pointedly leaving the U.K. after the announcement, not facing any of her family/bosses in person for the meeting about her and Harryís future doesnít leave a good impression at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
The Tom Bradby article in the The times is the worst thing I have ever read. Royal family members jealous of a Meghan and Harry, of course not The Queen and Phillip. Basically inferring Kate and William jealous and they were forced out. Maybe even particularly Kate. Inferring that the royals leaked it themselves basically. Trust me they wouldn't and have never done such a think ever before. They spike stories sure but never this and then trying to sound balanced by admitting some royals find them difficult. Awful article. To be fair. I am willing to admit, and even suspect, that some courtiers would want to see the back of a Meghan and Harry.

Absurd. No one in the family wanted this public until the details were locked down.

And- thereís no way William and Kate really wanted them out. They just lost their primary support going forward. I think a more likely scenario is Harry and Meghan wanted to do things that arenít the BRF way- and were told just that. It fits with their wishes/demands website.

I can well imagine some royals- and staff- find the Sussexes difficult. Their behavior from the interview to the handling of this decision alone makes that easy to envision. Forget whatís been going on behind closed doors.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Also on the topic of some royals finding them difficult. I bet they do. You just have to notice how Harry hasn't been seen with any of his cousins, apart from borrowing Eugenie's houe. Although public understanding is that Harry has always been very close to Eugenie and maybe William is c.over to the Phillips cousins. Who he is seen with a bit. Also I am betting people were jealous a bit. It is a natural enough emotion. Doesn't mean they were a lady macbeth about it or were anything but civil.
Even if a royal didn't leak it, a courtier could have. I mean that happens all the time in institutions and there BRF has a history of that sort of thing happening.

Its just messy all around. There is clearly a big lack of trust between all the royal houses in the BRF and each other and all the staffs. Not sustainable in the long term at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Absurd. No one in the family wanted this public until the details were locked down.

And- thereís no way William and Kate really wanted them out. They just lost their primary support going forward. I think a more likely scenario is Harry and Meghan wanted to do things that arenít the BRF way- and were told just that. It fits with their wishes/demands website.

I can well imagine some royals- and staff- find the Sussexes difficult. Their behavior from the interview to the handling of this decision alone makes that easy to envision. Forget whatís been going on behind closed doors.
Ego and such don't always common sense make. I am not saying William and Kate wanted them out but we also have no idea what went down or if cool heads have led in the recent past. Again, royal brother fighting and back cutting is basically the norm looking at history.

People will believe the worst of whichever royal they dislike or doubt and the best of the ones they do like. IMO the truth is probs more in the middle.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Even if a royal didn't leak it, a courtier could have. I mean that happens all the time in institutions and there BRF has a history of that sort of thing happening.
Why? It was utterly stupid. And they don't do that really. What they do do is trade stories and their staff sometimes offer up one story on someone to spike a story on someone else.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Commoner

oh boy. there is a thread about the Sussexes on another site. I stated my opinion that I wasn't surprised at their actions. disappointed, yes. I immediately thought of the Duke of Windsor...hardly the same thing, but the thought was there. and I can't imagine that thought hasn't occurred to Her Majesty. and the abdication was a big deal to the Royals. granted neither Harry or Meghan are poor. but living in a certain "style", takes money. Harry has never wanted for anything. this would be a big adjustment. and I can't see the Queen letting them trade on their titles. if they want to walk away, then fine. no titles, no money from the firm.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I think it was clearly in jest and I didn't read any discomfort.

Also, I thought that by this point the deal had already been signed so...Disney was already giving money to their wild life charity... that was the whole point in them attending the premiere and Meghan had already agreed to the voice over work too.

Quote:
Or the intern in the office did. I mean really. They don't use it. Their staff do.
Oh yes of course. I dont think any of the royals do more than sign off, if that, on their social. And likely its mostly their comms director signing off.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ego and such don't always common sense make. I am not saying William and Kate wanted them out but we also have no idea what went down or if cool heads have led in the recent past. Again, royal brother fighting and back cutting is basically the norm looking at history.

Again, people will believe the worst of whichever royal they dislike or doubt and the best of the ones they do like. IMO the truth is probs more in the middle.

Agreed. We donít know whatís gone down. Iím sure itís complicated. Itís family and the family business intermingled. And William is the future head of it.

I admire a lot of what Meghan and Harry have done. Theyíve done some truly wonderful things with their endeavors. I thought they got a lot of undeserved criticism right and left.

But- I donít have a high opinion of how theyíve handled things publicly starting with the interview. That really has me seeing them differently.

Closed Thread