The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Nope, the article is [...] because it claims William said things he actually didn’t. The title implies William, when you read the article a friend told the paper. Doesn’t actually say who the friend is, it could be a friend of the article writers for we know. It’s not actually journalism, [...]
Well it is just implying that he held him up his whole life and that should be news to precisely no one. Harry has always been vulnerable and William felt the burden of carrying, by virtue of being the oldest, his mother and then in turn his more emotional brother. William was ultimately saved by meeting Kate and her family young. But why should he have to emotionally support a grown brother anymore. He has a wife and 3 small children, one who he has to prepare for unimaginable duty, and his own fast approaching roleg as Prince of Wales. I am sure it was all much easier when Harry was just single, and probably quite lonely, and probably often hanging out in Kate and Williams. He was probably part of the immediate family there for a bit.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
President Trump has commented: https://www.foxnews.com/media/presid...ening-to-queen

Could that have consequences for a possible permanent or semi-permanent relocation to USA, I wonder?
Knowing perfectly well that Meghan is a US citizen.
Huh? What he going to pull her citizenship. This is getting silly.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
President Trump has commented: https://www.foxnews.com/media/presid...ening-to-queen

Could that have consequences for a possible permanent or semi-permanent relocation to USA, I wonder?
Knowing perfectly well that Meghan is a US citizen.
I don’t think so. President Trump cannot prevent MM from entering the US and living therein.

I only hope that Meghan is not tempted to get involved in the US presidential campaign as that would mean a major diplomatic incident .
Old 01-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Well it is just implying

Key word here is “implying”. We have no idea if anything in that article is true, and we shouldn’t either. It is articles like this, that are written with no hint of actual news, that are causing problems.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Key word here is “implying”. We have no idea if anything in that article is true, and we shouldn’t either. It is articles like this, that are written with no hint of actual news, that are causing problems.
I cannot get the actual article yet but of all the newspapers the Times tends to be the most balanced. He obviously has though. I mean it has been obvious for years.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The Times completely changed their headline.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

This is an interesting article, again full of support for HMQE

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/11/o...al-family.html

It says thet Harry unfollowed his grandmother (it could be just metaphorically)
Does anyone know if that is true?
Old 01-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post

That article is atrocious. I presume what they mean is that SussexRoyal Instagram page no longer follows The Royal Family equivalent.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

The media vitriol and some of the public commentary (for the record I dont think the majority of the public is as invested as the media or royal watchers) is honestly becoming scary...The DM has to have at least 50 new articles viciously attacking Meghan especially and Harry in the past 2 hours.

Punishment? Consequences? My god, you would think these two have been accused of some human rights violations.
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post

You do know that no one in the senior royal family runs their social media pages. They probably don't even look at it. The nearest one is Eugenie who runs her own.own .
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGlendower View Post
No consequences ---but it shows that the Queen gains the respect and affection of everyone she meets----and so many people, like us, that she will never meet.
Oh please, Trump just sees a big story and wants to be part of it nothing more
Old 01-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That article is atrocious. I presume what they mean is that SussexRoyal Instagram page no longer follows The Royal Family equivalent.
Which would be correct because their policy has been to follow different causes or a cause a month versus a static number of accounts. Nothing to do with the current sit.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Well sadly the longer the wait for an announcement of a "deal" or "way forward" the more space the media have to fill.

I'm just waiting for the moment Tom Bradby is on ITV News talking about it as if he has no role in in whatsoever
Old 01-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
The media vitriol and some of the public commentary (for the record I dont think the majority of the public is as invested as the media or royal watchers) is honestly becoming scary...The DM has to have at least 50 new articles viciously attacking Meghan especially and Harry in the past 2 hours.

Punishment? Consequences? My god, you would think these two have been accused of some human rights violations.
The DM shouldn't even be referenced imo. Anyway these two are not innocent they dropped a bomb and this is the consequences when you drop a bomb just like when Diana did her interview on TV and Charles his
Old 01-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The Times completely changed their headline.
Methinks someone realized that the sourcing was a bit too on the nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
The DM shouldn't even be referenced imo. Anyway these two are not innocent they dropped a bomb and this is the consequences when you drop a bomb just like when Diana did her interview on TV and Charles his
The Sun, the Express, The Times, pretty much all the papers. The DM is just the extreme and while you and I may think and know its trash, clearly many people do not.

And no matter what we think of their actions, papers writing potentially dangerous lies or distortions is not ok. At least it isn't to me.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Welcome to the DM. Best not to gorge too much and best for everyone's mental health to avoid altogether. This is what they do. This is all people in Britain are thinking about. Radio phone ins. Every single journalist of name giving their opinion. But mostly the tide is becoming a well good look to them and actually it may be better they are gone. Their very toxicity was beginning to spread. I don't blame them but the toxic triangle of media, them and public was becoming scary.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Huh? What he going to pull her citizenship. This is getting silly.
No I was thinking about the US being less, shall we say, accommodating, to what is essentially a foreign royal couple living in and working from USA either permanently or semi-permanently. Should H&M decide to set up a base there.

In other words: While the US government can't prevent Meghan, a US citizen from living in USA, can they prevent her foreign husband, Harry, from living for an extended period in USA?
Old 01-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Welcome to the DM. Best not to gorge too much and best for everyone's mental health to avoid altogether. This is what they do. This is all people in Britain are thinking about. Radio phone ins. Every single journalist of name giving their opinion. But mostly the tide is becoming a well good look to them and actually it may be better they are gone. Their very toxicity was beginning to spread. I don't blame them but the toxic triangle of media, them and public was becoming scary.
I thankfully do not visit the DM but someone posted screenshots of the current front page online. Just ridiculous

Quote:
No I was thinking about the US being less, shall we say, accommodating, to what is essentially a foreign royal couple living in and working from USA either permanently or semi-permanently. Should H&M decide to set up a base there.

In other words: While the US government can't prevent Meghan, a US citizen from living in USA, can they prevent her foreign husband, Harry, from living for an extended period in USA?
The US government can do any number of things but rarely do for anyone with money. I am not understanding where this is even coming from...
Old 01-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Well sadly the longer the wait for an announcement of a "deal" or "way forward" the more space the media have to fill.

I'm just waiting for the moment Tom Bradby is on ITV News talking about it as if he has no role in in whatsoever
Tom Bradby has well and truly stuffed himself. What is he doing? William won't touch him now and Harry is out of it. Same with Omid. I have noticed a distinct pulling back from his love in for the Sussexes. Now he probably realises they are not going to be paying the bills anymore. A lot has changed since Wednesday.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The US government can do any number of things but rarely do for anyone with money. I am not understanding where this is even coming from...
It was a question based on President Trump expressing support for QEII and criticizing H&M for their move, urging them to rethink.

Closed Thread