The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

If its true that the Duchess has ALREADY signed up to assorted 'deals' in futherance of the couples 'brand', it may be impossible to reconcile whatever is decided by the rest of the Family, with what has already been signed up to whilst the Sussexes were on their [misnamed] 'break' ?

Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
On a side note I wonder how Tom Bradby will be able to be seen as an impartial journalist anymore when he is in the Sunday Times with the following:

Writing for this newspaper, Tom Bradby, who did the recent ITV interview in which Harry and Meghan confessed their sense of isolation, warned failure to keep the pair on side could lead the Duke & Duchess of Sussex to do a 'no-holds barred' interview that could damage the monarchy further.
He writes 'I have some idea of what might be aired in a full, no-holds barred sit down interview and I don't think it would be pretty.'

Is it the job of journalists to deliver messages (or threats in effect) from their friends to estranged family?
Here were are, blackmailing, nothing more nothing less.
Sickening

Courtier

Prince Philip's comments probably aren't fit to repeat! I'd be quite interested to hear Earl Spencer's opinion, as well. But the last thing that a 98-year-old man in increasingly fragile health needs is a rift in the family. I would think he's already very hurt that Harry and Meghan wouldn't even spare a few days over Christmas to spend with him and the rest of the family. And, if that quote from William is genuine, that's heartbreaking - although I'm not convinced that he'd say that publicly. The whole idea of a "summit meeting" between a grandmother, a father and two grandsons is very upsetting. And the idea of Meghan joining in by phone or Skype or whatever is just ridiculous. Running away and leaving Harry to face the music by himself is not impressive.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I too think "punishment" is the wrong word - consequences?
Yes "consequences". I will see if I can edit my post.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Commoner

Question to those of you involved in the discussion about Canadian visas. - Do you have to apply or be approved in person? Is that why they were visiting Canada House, or was it just to establish in peoples mind that they were back.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I too think "punishment" is the wrong word - consequences?
I can't find my post so I think it was deleted.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

So many "sources" are filling these papers all of a sudden. Funny that.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
On a side note I wonder how Tom Bradby will be able to be seen as an impartial journalist anymore when he is in the Sunday Times with the following:

Writing for this newspaper, Tom Bradby, who did the recent ITV interview in which Harry and Meghan confessed their sense of isolation, warned failure to keep the pair on side could lead the Duke & Duchess of Sussex to do a 'no-holds barred' interview that could damage the monarchy further.
He writes 'I have some idea of what might be aired in a full, no-holds barred sit down interview and I don't think it would be pretty.'

Is it the job of journalists to deliver messages (or threats in effect) from their friends to estranged family?
I have many words for him which I can not post here - or even say in polite company. If he’s speaking on behalf of Harry and Meghan, then that’s despicable ..Harry trying to blackmail his family?!
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannedde View Post
An article about Princess Margaret in the DM today. Margaret, Andrew, now Harry - issues with the second in line. Something for the family to keep in mind when Charlotte gets older.
They should let those kids spend more time with continental European royals their age...must be good to be exposed to other children going through the exact same thing. I’m sure the Scandinavian and Benelux royals have a royal summer camp of sorts already. The Cambridge kids should join
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannedde View Post
Question to those of you involved in the discussion about Canadian visas. - Do you have to apply or be approved in person? Is that why they were visiting Canada House, or was it just to establish in peoples mind that they were back.

There’s been a lengthy discussion is regards to the fact Meghan and Henry cannot get visas for Canada.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

President Trump has commented: https://www.foxnews.com/media/presid...ening-to-queen

Could that have consequences for a possible permanent or semi-permanent relocation to USA, I wonder?
Knowing perfectly well that Meghan is a US citizen.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
President Trump has commented: https://www.foxnews.com/media/presid...ening-to-queen

Could that have consequences for a possible permanent or semi-permanent relocation to USA, I wonder?

No consequences considering all he said was what we’re all thinking...
Old 01-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William hasn’t said a thing.
I agree - I think it's another "source" talking. I'd be shocked to the moon and back if William really did say that to someone working for a tabloid.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Updated.

Daily Mail about the article in Sunday Times, with William: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nce-Harry.html

He said: 'I've put my arm around my brother all our lives and I can't do that any more - we're separate entities,' according to the Sunday Times.

William also spoke of his frustration that Harry is no longer part of the 'team' by deciding to become 'financially independent' in a pared-back Royal role.

Yet he hopes that there will 'come a time' when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be 'singing from the same page' once again.
ADDED: This is what friend claims, according to Sunday Times.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Updated.

ADDED: This is what a friend of William told Sunday Times.

Sorry Muhler, that’s not accurate either. There’s nothing in either article that confirms it’s a friend of Williams who has directly spoken to the press. The articles all say “it was claimed by a friend”.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Updated.

Daily Mail about the article in Sunday Times, with William: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nce-Harry.html

He said: 'I've put my arm around my brother all our lives and I can't do that any more - we're separate entities,' according to the Sunday Times.

William also spoke of his frustration that Harry is no longer part of the 'team' by deciding to become 'financially independent' in a pared-back Royal role.

Yet he hopes that there will 'come a time' when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be 'singing from the same page' once again.
ADDED: This is what a friend of William told Sunday Times.pk

-----------

I'm genuinely surprised William would even talk to the press about this. I hope someone will give us a summary from Sunday Times ASAP. So we know what William did say.
Right now, this is second reports from the Sunday Times article.
As friend said. The article will not be released online until midnight.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:

No consequences ---but it shows that the Queen gains the respect and affection of everyone she meets----and so many people, like us, that she will never meet.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Commoner

I had a look today at some of the articles about Harry and Meghan in the British press, and they seem to have jumped the shark completely. There is such malicious glee that I understand the frustration of the Sussexes completely. They may have made a mistake but come on everybody, they're not evil incarnate. The press is stirring this pot because they know people care.

Harry was one of the most beloved members of the British royal family since his birth. He did a lot of good and people had the feeling they "knew" him. I can't forget how he amused one of the bridesmaids with a little toy at William's wedding. So now the downfall is especially cruel. And my impression is that the press enjoys it.

Meghan doesn't have the credit with the public that Harry has/had but in her short time since their marriage, she has done some impressive things - I loved the idea of the Grenfell cookbook for example. If Kate went into the cold water of royal duties a bit slow, Meghan jumped inside. And like all the married-ins, they had to bear the scrutiny and over the top criticism. Gasp! she closed a car door!

So after thinking and reading a bit more, I have come to the conclusion that it's in everybody's interest to give them some space and respect, even if they didn't give it to his grandmother. Who knows what went on inside their minds.

I hope this is what Harry really wants. A super-celeb-influencer role sounds like Meghan's dream, but I would have thought living quietly in Africa or on a country seat, continuing his involvement with Invictus and Sentebale, would be more in Harry's style. I think they'll both work for charity. How concrete and realistic their plans are will become obvious over the next months.

If they both find happiness, I'll be glad. And I hope they find the right words and gestures to reconcile with the family, especially his grandparents who are getting on in years.

The viciousness of the press coverage had a softening effect on me. Some of the journalists gloated too much for my taste and now I understand what's Meghan up against.

Let's hope all this uproar doesn't affect little Archie. Young children are very sensitive to the feelings and moods of their parents.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

Wow....I thought William was speaking metaphorically about being unable to put his arm around Harry, but the distance between them is so great that he meant it literally. That’s heartbreaking. There is still deep love between them, so there is always a chance that they will reconcile...though I’m not sure Meghan will allow that...

The article is certainly thorough.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Nope, the article is [...]because it claims William said things he actually didn’t. The title implies William, when you read the article a friend told the paper. Doesn’t actually say who the friend is, it could be a friend of the article writers for we know. It’s not actually journalism, [...]