The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #501  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
Same here, I am so happy for them. They are not leaving the Royal family. They are just stepping down as senior royals, but will continue their roles in the groups that the queen has assigned them too. Also, I think also, this also helps out Charles in his future role with sliming down the royal family. I also think

With this step I also think that Harry & Meghan can be more in control of what they want to do & Say, without having to check in with other members. I am very happy for them. . Ok now we can get on to blaming everything on Meghan( that TROLL, PM sure is)
Are you really that naive?!
__________________

  #502  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,918
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nce-plans.html

Royals gather at Kensington Palace as it emerges Prince Harry 'DEFIED the Queen': Duke 'ignored monarch's instructions not to announce he and Meghan Markle would quit as senior royals' leaving Prince Charles and William 'incandescent with rage'
__________________

  #503  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,516
Harry hasn't been happy for a long time well before he met Meghan. They said they would continue to support the The Queen , Prince Charles, and the Duke of Cambridge. Along with doing their duties. I think they will be able to have a life they want away from Britain and raise their son and any other children.

First it is claimed no one was told. Now today everyone new and Harry ignored them and announce it any way. Please I don't believe half the crap. I don' think this was a secret I don't see Harry doing that so no everyone new it was coming.The only one's who didn't know were the one's not in on the discussions.
  #504  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:07 AM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

They can and will remain TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex but when they use those titles any money raised should have to go to charity and not for personal use - that is financial independence - otherwise they are selling the royal family and that will be a quick way to a republic.
How they manage perceptions will be very interesting indeed.
  #505  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:08 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,476
What is the Official annoucement of Buckingham Palace.
I already saw no picture of Harry , Meghan and Achie during HM Speech.
Will Harry remain Duke od Sussex ?
  #506  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Which is no different to current arrangement of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. Harry and Meghan wish to cease to be full-time royals and want financial independence, which means NOT receiving monies from the Sov Grant and the Duchy of Cornwall. Like the York princesses, they will also represent the Queen when asked. This is the point many have tried to highlight.
If they go on like this (and I´m sure these 2 loose canons will...) they will not be asked any longer! And how could they, of all people, "represent" a monarch who always put duty first?!
"Disappointed and upset" how they were "treated"? Since the Prince married the Starlet they disappoint and let people down, including his family, all the time!
  #507  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:15 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,753
Well Robert Jobson who has close ties in Prince Charles' office has is own POV. Interesting read.

According to him Harry tried to hold meetings with HMQ and Charles a few times and was brushed off repeatedly. I have no doubt the "punishment" will happen but clearly Harry is prepared for it.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...-a4330341.html
  #508  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
What is the Official annoucement of Buckingham Palace.
I already saw no picture of Harry , Meghan and Achie during HM Speech.
Will Harry remain Duke od Sussex ?
The official statement basically said discussions are at an early stage, it's a complicated issue and things have to be worked out still.

There were no pics of any other ppl on the table except the direct heir line. It had nothing to do with The Queen trying to exclude Harry/Meghan.

Yes they will keep their titles unless something changes in the future.



LaRae
  #509  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,358
Everyone seems to think Harry and Meghan will choose to relocate to Canada, but I thought Harry always craved living in Africa?

Is Africa off the table now?
  #510  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:17 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 375
Exactly, princess carmen. People knew. Not a lot of people, but those who obviously could be trusted not to run to the tabloids. The evidence is in the website. It’s not hodgepodge. It’s a professionally created website that was ready to go the minute the release was published on their IG. If certain people are salty about being kept in the dark, perhaps some self-reflection is in order.

I’m happy for Harry and Meghan. Don’t understand the excessive teeth gnashing by certain people. They got what they wanted. But so did H&M. Reminds me of Princess Madeleine and her decision to be part-time. She was works when asked, but otherwise Mrs ONeill is content to be a SAHM.
  #511  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:19 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: L'angolo, Vatican City
Posts: 250
Counsellors of State

Part of the complicated discussions will include reassigning Counsellors of State. I think Andrew and Harry should be replaced by Anne and Edward. Everybody left at the core of the Firm will have to take on more responsibilities until the next generation reaches adulthood - 20 years!
  #512  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:19 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Everyone seems to think Harry and Meghan will choose to relocate to Canada, but I thought Harry always craved living in Africa?

Is Africa off the table now?

Their statement said North America.


LaRae
  #513  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:22 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Harry hasn't been happy for a long time well before he met Meghan. They said they would continue to support the The Queen , Prince Charles, and the Duke of Cambridge. Along with doing their duties. I think they will be able to have a life they want away from Britain and raise their son and any other children.
I think one repercussion from all of this, with the intent to split time between living in the UK and North America, to watch for in the near future is whether or not Harry remains in his position of Councillor of State. I know its a requirement for a Councillor to be domiciled in the UK but I have no clue for what amount of time per year is required.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #514  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
Exactly, princess carmen. People knew. Not a lot of people, but those who obviously could be trusted not to run to the tabloids. The evidence is in the website. It’s not hodgepodge. It’s a professionally created website that was ready to go the minute the release was published on their IG. If certain people are salty about being kept in the dark, perhaps some self-reflection is in order.

I’m happy for Harry and Meghan. Don’t understand the excessive teeth gnashing by certain people. They got what they wanted. But so did H&M. Reminds me of Princess Madeleine and her decision to be part-time. She was works when asked, but otherwise Mrs ONeill is content to be a SAHM.
Who do you mean by "people"? The Queen, the P o Wales, the court? None of these knew. The statement from Buck. Palace last night showed they were totally taken by surprise without really knowing what to say to the public. No, Harry and the actress just threw their bomb by saying "now deal with it!"

And Princess Madeleine has not been appointed an important role such as Harry was as Youth Ambassador of the Commonwealth, which includes a lot of travelling of course (I´m sure if the Queen knew how things would turn out to be two years ago, she wouldn´t have given him the job!). And Madeleine has not been moving in a tax payer financed millions of pounds renovated house in Sweden....
  #515  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:24 AM
LadyGlendower's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: City of Light, France
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
Exactly, princess carmen. People knew. Not a lot of people, but those who obviously could be trusted not to run to the tabloids. The evidence is in the website. It’s not hodgepodge. It’s a professionally created website that was ready to go the minute the release was published on their IG. If certain people are salty about being kept in the dark, perhaps some self-reflection is in order.

I’m happy for Harry and Meghan. Don’t understand the excessive teeth gnashing by certain people. They got what they wanted. But so did H&M. Reminds me of Princess Madeleine and her decision to be part-time. She was works when asked, but otherwise Mrs ONeill is content to be a SAHM.
I don't believe that Sussexes getting what they wanted is a fait accompli.
  #516  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:31 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
There is a lot we (and I think the family) don't know yet. It will be interesting to watch things play out over decades.

And while I am surprised that it just happened, I am not surprised that it happened. I think Harry has had this dream of doing it his own way for a very long time. No doubt having a soul mate who agreed with him helped make the decision easier.
I think that is a very valid point.

How did H&M get to this point where they are trying to opt more or less out of the BRF pretty much on their terms? (Fat chance of it ending up being the way they want it though!)

Two scenarios are currently being presented by commentators here in DK:

A) Harry is fed up with the stiff, confining and (presumably in his opinion) old-fashioned way the BRF works, also in regards to protections and in the way royals should promote causes in a todays world.
All this pomp and circumstances is tedious to the bone! And wants to break free and get some real work done. Work that makes a difference.
He met and married someone with a fresh view in Meghan. Someone who has the courage to be unorthodox and to stand by her conviction and who would support his struggle to modernize the BRF approach from within and by example. If need be force a modernization to take place.
With that failing or at the very least being met by considerable opposition a logic step is to go solo and perhaps settle most of the time in North America where there are fewer restraints.
- And here we are...

B) Meghan has never really comprehended how the monarchy works and how people in a monarchy perceive royals as being different from celebs, with different roles. She has never really had the time to understand how the system works and no one has been able to make it clear to her.
With that view in mind, she wanted to use her position to put focus on and promote causes that in her opinion are primary. And by being a personal example. - You can't promote a cause by remaining neutral and hiding behind ceremonial and etiquette. You must do something!
And not fully understanding the role of the BRF, which is to represent everybody, also those who disagree with you, one way to go is to lead by example and show how things can be done differently and better.
(Meghan was on top of that supported, or certainly not discouraged, by a doting man who is also willing to go extraordinary lengths to protect his wife.)
And being prevented from doing that to the fullest, the logic course is to break free from the restraints and go solo.
- And here we are...

In both cases we are having IMO two people who are living in their own world and who have build up an imaginary image of their future role, their importance, their impact and how their action will be perceived by others.
It doesn't exactly help that they seemingly have surrounded themselves with a staff and advisors who really don't understand what a monarchy is.

And for whatever incongruous reason, that I personally find baffling, they decided to alienate the press and I dare say the monarchist as well as the general public.
It basically started IMO at birth of their son.
No photo shoot at the hospital. That's something royalists celebrate and look forward to. Big time! And the press earn serious money on such events.
All were turned down and had to content themselves with what was it? A glimpse of a head?

Next big mistake: The christening. Why that limited coverage? Why the secrecy?
Again, this was a snub on the royalists who love this kind of show and the press who earn big money on such a show.

Third mistake: Go on the offensive against the press, who were already annoyed at them, without having a solid base for that attack. And having disappointed a considerable segment of their home base: The British royalists.
Don't declare war on the press unless you are sure to have the public opinion on your side! Or you will lose.

Fourth mistake: Complain about how the press treats them, while having a feud with the press, while getting bad press and not having the public in their backs.
To many, too many, that left an impression of H&M whining. And it turned away focus from what they wanted to promote and instead towards themselves.

And now this fifth mistake: Acting way too prematurely and on their own initiative.

- Because team H&M actually did well.
There was the admittedly very irritating issue about the Meghan family, but that generated more sympathy than annoyance for Meghan.
And of course Meghan got criticism. Just as Kate was criticized for years. Just as harshly.
But that could be overcome by simply keep working and doing as good a job as possible. And it did work! - Meghan smiled to everyone and everybody as required. She was pleasant and said pleasantries at the appropriate moments. And Harry looked suitably happy and adoring. - We only needed fifteen gondoliers in the background singing romantic ballads to complete the picture!
They were both a perfect addition as well as a contrast at the same time to team W&K. - They had a role within the BRF and they could have continued to have had a role IMO.

But now? The gods only know what happens to team H&M now. Only one thing is certain: They are not going to get things their way.
  #517  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:35 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
Part of the complicated discussions will include reassigning Counsellors of State. I think Andrew and Harry should be replaced by Anne and Edward. Everybody left at the core of the Firm will have to take on more responsibilities until the next generation reaches adulthood - 20 years!

That would involved changing the Regency Act to remove four of the first six adults in the line of succession from being CoS.

Currently the first four have that right - Charles, William, Harry and Andrew.

You are proposing removing the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th adults in the line of succession. It won't happen.

There is no need to replace Harry. He will be eligible if he resides in the UK. If he doesn't he is automatically excluded.
  #518  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I think that is a very valid point.



How did H&M get to this point where they are trying to opt more or less out of the BRF pretty much on their terms? (Fat chance of it ending up being the way they want it though!)



Two scenarios are currently being presented by commentators here in DK:



A) Harry is fed up with the stiff, confining and (presumably in his opinion) old-fashioned way the BRF works, also in regards to protections and in the way royals should promote causes in a todays world.

All this pomp and circumstances is tedious to the bone! And wants to break free and get some real work done. Work that makes a difference.

He met and married someone with a fresh view in Meghan. Someone who has the courage to be unorthodox and to stand by her conviction and who would support his struggle to modernize the BRF approach from within and by example. If need be force a modernization to take place.

With that failing or at the very least being met by considerable opposition a logic step is to go solo and perhaps settle most of the time in North America where there are fewer restraints.

- And here we are...



B) Meghan has never really comprehended how the monarchy works and how people in a monarchy perceive royals as being different from celebs, with different roles. She has never really had the time to understand how the system works and no one has been able to make it clear to her.

With that view in mind, she wanted to use her position to put focus on and promote causes that in her opinion are primary. And by being a personal example. - You can't promote a cause by remaining neutral and hiding behind ceremonial and etiquette. You must do something!

And not fully understanding the role of the BRF, which is to represent everybody, also those who disagree with you, one way to go is to lead by example and show how things can be done differently and better.

(Meghan was on top of that supported, or certainly not discouraged, by a doting man who is also willing to go extraordinary lengths to protect his wife.)

And being prevented from doing that to the fullest, the logic course is to break free from the restraints and go solo.

- And here we are...



In both cases we are having IMO two people who are living in their own world and who have build up an imaginary image of their future role, their importance, their impact and how their action will be perceived by others.

It doesn't exactly help that they seemingly have surrounded themselves with a staff and advisors who really don't understand what a monarchy is.



And for whatever incongruous reason, that I personally find baffling, they decided to alienate the press and I dare say the monarchist as well as the general public.

It basically started IMO at birth of their son.

No photo shoot at the hospital. That's something royalists celebrate and look forward to. Big time! And the press earn serious money on such events.

All were turned down and had to content themselves with what was it? A glimpse of a head?



Next big mistake: The christening. Why that limited coverage? Why the secrecy?

Again, this was a snub on the royalists who love this kind of show and the press who earn big money on such a show.



Third mistake: Go on the offensive against the press, who were already annoyed at them, without having a solid base for that attack. And having disappointed a considerable segment of their home base: The British royalists.

Don't declare war on the press unless you are sure to have the public opinion on your side! Or you will lose.



Fourth mistake: Complain about how the press treats them, while having a feud with the press, while getting bad press and not having the public in their backs.

To many, too many, that left an impression of H&M whining. And it turned away focus from what they wanted to promote and instead towards themselves.



And now this fifth mistake: Acting way too prematurely and on their own initiative.



- Because team H&M actually did well.

There was the admittedly very irritating issue about the Meghan family, but that generated more sympathy than annoyance for Meghan.

And of course Meghan got criticism. Just as Kate was criticized for years. Just as harshly.

But that could be overcome by simply keep working and doing as good a job as possible. And it did work! - Meghan smiled to everyone and everybody as required. She was pleasant and said pleasantries at the appropriate moments. And Harry looked suitably happy and adoring. - We only needed fifteen gondoliers in the background singing romantic ballads!

They were both a perfect addition as well as a contrast at the same time to team W&K. - They had a role within the BRF and they could have continued to have had a role IMO.



But now? The gods only know what happens to team H&M now. Only one thing is certain: They are not going to get things there way.


Agree with your assessment, Muhler.

They are in for a rude awakening.
  #519  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Except the media issue...the media was problematic from day one and it got worse.


LaRae
  #520  
Old 01-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,642
(null)
If this article is true, then they need to be stripped of the Royal title. They shouldn’t be allowed to profit off of a Royal title without a full role within the family.

Sorry H&M, you can’t be half pregnant. You either are or you aren’t. QE Is will win this battle.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020 Dman The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 1150 09-06-2020 07:30 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf hello! highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan jewellery książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×