The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
This is actually an excellent point. The York girls really have been setting out quite the blueprint for how it can and should be done, though I'm not entirely sure that was completely intentional. Regardless of intent, though, it's really shaped up rather nicely and does appear to be a great blueprint going forward for those who are not the successors. I very much agree with those who have stated that the only thing Harry and Meghan have laid out a blueprint for is how not to do things and what not to do. I do find it slightly ironic, though, that we all thought the York girls would be the hot messes that the BRF had to rein in when, in fact, it was Harry and Company.

The other thing is the queens children have all continued to support her with royal duties, it is the grandchildren with the exception of William and Harry who have been told no royal duties. ( as opposed to charity work )

Why would it be thought that there is not a place for Harry , who in time will be the son of a king not just son of an heir, as for the non title for Archie I gave him credit for thinking ahead as Anne had all those years ago.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
In terms of creating a road-map for future royals outside the direct line of succession they don't have to look any further than the York Princess's. They have been an ever evolving experiment since reaching adulthood on how non-"senior" royals go about being members of the royal family. They both have jobs, working under legal names rather than titles, carry about patronages as "princess's", whilst maintaining a public, albeit restrained, presence. The trial and errors of their security funding, wedding planning, and etc. are creating clear blueprints for the future.

HM however where never going to be minor royals. The intention was for them to support the monarch as needed, which would naturally take them up to retirement age, and then step back and enjoy a life of leisure and wealth. I hate to think of the brothers not supporting each other and would cheer the day HM return to the fold, but if not, I hope they find peace.

Frankly, Louis and Charlotte will be needed more than ever, and if they have children so will their children since Harry, Meghan, Archie and any future children they have are out.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:51 PM
Gentry

To be honest, I can hardly see Harry getting happy in North America, just as little as Meghan getting happy in the UK. So it will be exciting how this all will end and at what stage we will be in 2 years.

We'll see, I could be all wrong. Actually I won't call making predictions as one of my specialties (if you consider I never gave Madeleine and Chris a chance of 7 year by now)

For stepping in the "empty" space H&M left, I would be happy for Eugenie and Jack (given that they are willing to of course).
Old 01-23-2020, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Why would it be thought that there is not a place for Harry , who in time will be the son of a king not just son of an heir, as for the non title for Archie I gave him credit for thinking ahead as Anne had all those years ago.

I doubt anyone was thinking ahead . Peter and Zara never had the right to any title .
Old 01-23-2020, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
SOme people did believe that this was a possibility, that she hadn't spent any real time in the UK and didn't know quite what to expect in Royal British life.. and I think those fears were well grounded. But if she had at least given it 5 years before giving up, I think people might think better of her, than her apparnetnt disappearance after less than 2 years.

I dotn believe he renounced his honorary titles.. I don't think many people expected that to happen and it was almost certainly the queen's idea and he had to go along with it...
Meghan and Harry wrote a public announcement to part ways. What is that? If you leave the country where you are serving, you leave your military responsibilities. They keep on talking about being away from the spotlight and all they do is make public announcements. Why didn't the speak to the BRF in private first?
Old 01-23-2020, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post
Meghan and Harry wrote a public announcement to part ways. What is that? If you leave the country where you are serving, you leave your military responsibilities. They keep on talking about being away from the spotlight and all they do is make public announcements. Why didn't the speak to the BRF in private first?
They did speak to them, talks were ongoing for awhile. Harry and Meghan just got tired of the process and, defying the Queen and his father, went public on their own.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
I doubt anyone was thinking ahead . Peter and Zara never had the right to any title .
The Queen could have given Mark Phillips a title, like Princess Margaret's husband was made Earl of Snowdon. OK, Peter and Zara wouldn't have been a prince and princess, but they'd have been Viscount Whatever and Lady Zara Phillips. The situation hadn't arisen before, because monarchs' daughters who hadn't married princes had married dukes or earls, but it was quite a big thing at the time for the Queen's son-in-law to be plain old Captain Mark Phillips.

But Anne and Mark didn't want that ... whereas I can't imagine Princess Margaret would have liked her husband being plain Mr!

It's vaguely weird that Prince Andrew's children are princesses, Princess Anne's are just Mr and Mrs, and Prince Edward's are Lady and Viscount, but it was what they all wanted!
Old 01-23-2020, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Exactly. But Archie would normally become an HRH when Charles is King.. and there would be a possibility of his being watned for a royal role. however, I don't think that is ever going to happen now.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It was at least some ppl here and elsewhere who were convinced that the Queen had no idea about the Sussexes plan/wanting out until they posted the website.

Oprah was reiterating that per the Queen's statement THEY knew, she was not blindsided by the content but by the timing.

As far as leaks go..my understanding is the guy (Wooten) that was doing the leaking has a partner that works for KP correspondence so some ppl think that is a likely source. I doubt we will ever know for sure.

LaRae
And Dan Wooten denied the rumors of where he got the story.

https://twitter.com/danwootton/statu...984832?lang=en
Old 01-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And Dan Wooten denied the rumors of where he got the story.

https://twitter.com/danwootton/statu...984832?lang=en
I think that they have been complaining for a while.. and vague negotiations were going on. But it seems that the Sussexes werne't seeing thtat much of ther relatives since the summer. Possibly the queen hoped that they would get over the problems and settle down again, but she had other worries like Andrew and Brexit and if they didn't want to come and visit, she didn't press them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
The Queen could have given Mark Phillips a title, like Princess Margaret's husband was made Earl of Snowdon. OK, Peter and Zara wouldn't have been a prince and princess, but they'd have been Viscount Whatever and Lady Zara Phillips. The situation hadn't arisen before, because monarchs' daughters who hadn't married princes had married dukes or earls, but it was quite a big thing at the time for the Queen's son-in-law to be plain old Captain Mark Phillips.

But Anne and Mark didn't want that ... whereas I can't imagine Princess Margaret would have liked her husband being plain Mr!

It's vaguely weird that Prince Andrew's children are princesses, Princess Anne's are just Mr and Mrs, and Prince Edward's are Lady and Viscount, but it was what they all wanted!
she cuodl have given Mark a title but that wouldn't mean that his kids were likey to be watned for royal life.. Pss Margs children were the children of an earl but they were never considered "royal" or used for royal duties. ANd Mark and Anne wanted their kids to be as normal as possible.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

Frankly, Louis and Charlotte will be needed more than ever, and if they have children so will their children since Harry, Meghan, Archie and any future children they have are out.
If William's health is as good as his paternal grandparents, George won't become King until he is 64 or more. There will be hopefully his wife, and his adult children to help--but yes, I can see him needing Charlotte and Louis as well unless the whole way the Royals interact with the public changes drastically.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
If William's health is as good as his paternal grandparents, George won't become King until he is 64 or more. There will be hopefully his wife, and his adult children to help--but yes, I can see him needing Charlotte and Louis as well unless the whole way the Royals interact with the public changes drastically.
William will probably abdicate at a certain age as many Royals have done in recent years. I don't think he'll go on till he's 90. But by the time he is King I think that the RF will be down to a very few people and there will be much less royals as patrons of charities etc.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Good lord, I can't imagine George at 18 never mind 64, lol.

I think a lot of the issues with Harry stem from having lost his mother at such a young age, so fortunately other Royal children won't likely ever have to deal with such a traumatic event. I think, frankly, that Harry's situation might be unique. I don't really see this desire to live on their own as becoming a pattern with the younger/youngest generations.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They did speak to them, talks were ongoing for awhile. Harry and Meghan just got tired of the process and, defying the Queen and his father, went public on their own.
And therein shows their complete lack of respect
Old 01-23-2020, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It was at least some ppl here and elsewhere who were convinced that the Queen had no idea about the Sussexes plan/wanting out until they posted the website.

Oprah was reiterating that per the Queen's statement THEY knew, she was not blindsided by the content but by the timing.

As far as leaks go..my understanding is the guy (Wooten) that was doing the leaking has a partner that works for KP correspondence so some ppl think that is a likely source. I doubt we will ever know for sure.

LaRae
The first information we had at THAT time was that the Queen was blindsided about them wanting to leave. That was what was being reported at that time. What we found out later was they were in discussions only and the Sussex's launched their site and made their announcement without approval.

Not sure why anyone would bring Oprah into a discussion as confirmation of any facts. Oprah is not their spokesperson.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
And therein shows their complete lack of respect
Thatís whatís hard to forgive....at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
The first information we had at THAT time was that the Queen was blindsided about them wanting to leave. That was what was being reported at that time. What we found out later was they were in discussions only and the Sussex's launched their site and made their announcement without approval.

Not sure why anyone would bring Oprah into a discussion as confirmation of any facts. Oprah is not their spokesperson.
Iím the one who mentioned her in the first place because she made a comment that they (HM, Charles, etc...) knew about discussions and werenít blindsided. Thatís incorrect - they were blindsided because they never expected this to be made public until plans were set. They didnít think Harry and Meghan would be so completely disrespectful
Old 01-23-2020, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Iím the one who mentioned her in the first place because she made a comment that they (HM, Charles, etc...) knew about discussions and werenít blindsided. Thatís incorrect - they were blindsided because they never expected this to be made public until plans were set. They didnít think Harry and Meghan would be so completely disrespectful

They were also blindsided because NOTHING had been agreed to. Not just the details- any of it. Thatís obvious seeing as how theyíre no longer working royals at all.

They were discussing a change, but literally nothing was settled. I canít imagine their shock when the announcement was made. The website had to just be pouring salt on the wound.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
They were also blindsided because NOTHING had been agreed to. Not just the details- any of it. Thatís obvious seeing as how theyíre no longer working royals at all.

They were discussing a change, but literally nothing was settled. I canít imagine their shock when the announcement was made. The website had to just be pouring salt on the wound.
The immaturity of it all just boggles the mind, just as it does that Harry gave up on trying to work it out with his father and went directly to the Queen. I made this comparison before, but it's like a child running to the other parent because the one parent wouldn't give him what he wanted. Yes, the Queen is the ultimate boss, but Charles is the heir and is supporting her - they seem to be of one mind (most of the time, I don't want to say all) when it comes to the the Firm. It would have been better for Harry to ask his father if they could discuss this with the Queen together, but then that would have been the moderate, reasonable thing to do. Harry seems to be one of extremes, just like Meghan.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I would not agree with you there, if Mark Phillips had accepted a title at the time of the marriage the children would have had some form of title.
When they were born there were newspaper stories regarding the first grandchildren of the Queen being plain master and miss.

Anne and Mark did not budge, since then Anne has been credited with forward thinking.
they would not have had a royal title... And I don't quite see that it was forward thinking.. it was simply in line with the ideas of the time.. that there was no need for the husband of a Princess to be given a title as used to be the case.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
they would not have had a royal title... And I don't quite see that it was forward thinking.. it was simply in line with the ideas of the time.. that there was no need for the husband of a Princess to be given a title as used to be the case.
Princess Margarets husband took a title.

I never said royal title.

Let us just agree to disagree on this one, it is probably down to matter of opinion anyway.

Closed Thread