The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4081  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I mean...that is literally not true. Go back through this forum and links to pap pictures are a plenty both ones published online in online versions of UK papers and in the print version.

He wasnt photographed every day like Pippa was, but you said he was "never" papped and that was wrong...
Practically never then. And I personally have never seen one. I have seen one of Kate Middleton at Kings Cross a couple of years ago. Ones of them all in theiir cars near palace and ones on the hunt at Sandringham at Christmas. And that is it. I have never ever seen a pap of Meghan until now.

There are many pictures of them all online. Even the Cambridge kids with the Middletons and their nanny but I don't look because I don't think it's right. Dame with Harry. Unless its published. I haven't seen it. Thr ones today were published because basically the media aren't scared of them.
__________________

  #4082  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Practically never then. And I personally have never seen one. I have seen one of Kate Middleton at Kings Cross a couple of years ago. Ones of them all in theiir cars near palace and ones on the hunt at Sandringham at Christmas. And that is it. I have never ever seen a pap of Meghan until now.
This year alone there have been multiple pap pics of Meghan and Harry in the UK that were published in British papers and of the Cambridges.

Just because you have not seen something doesn't mean it isn't there.

I am not saying they were chased by the paps constantly but this whole media narrative the RRs are pushing about "oh well now we have to publish pap pics because they left the BRF" is bs. They have often published pap pics before of the Sussexes, the Cambridges and other royals. And saying it doesn't count because it doesn't always make it to the print version of papers is ridiculous. Their online versions for the UK papers is still being published by UK papers.
__________________

  #4083  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Oh good grief...if even half of this is true then she's got some serious ego issues. And frankly, needs to tell her "friends" to zip it. Now, it's the DM so who knows whether it's true or not, it could be partially true. As they say, where there's smoke there's fire. And all of this does strike me as very Meghan-esque. But my goodness...if it's even half true that's some serious ego right there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-family.html
  #4084  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
This year alone there have been multiple pap pics of Meghan and Harry in the UK that were published in British papers and of the Cambridges.

Just because you have not seen something doesn't mean it isn't there.
Well I am shocked then. Because never seen them ever. Those events they go to the polo and things don't count to me. They are public events. I meant ones of them basically walking down the road or on holiday. Never seen those. They may well exist. I have no doubt
  #4085  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:28 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Well I am shocked then. Because never seen them ever. Those events they go to the polo and things don't count to me. They are public events. I meant ones of them basically walking down the road or on holiday. Never seen those. They may well exist. I have no doubt
The only pap pictures I recall seeing of them were the couple that were published of them coming out of the New Age-type shop when she was heavily pregnant and those of the two of them prior to their marriage selecting a Christmas tree. Other than that I don't recall any, either.
  #4086  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Oh good grief...if even half of this is true then she's got some serious ego issues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-family.html
I think that is her truth. Exaggerated of course but basically honest. She couldn't stand it in the UK. She didn't get it.

Meghan didn't fit in in the UK or with the royal and he was desperately unhappy lately. It is all true.

They won't keep royal though. They will take that.
  #4087  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Practically never then. And I personally have never seen one. I have seen one of Kate Middleton at Kings Cross a couple of years ago. Ones of them all in theiir cars near palace and ones on the hunt at Sandringham at Christmas. And that is it. I have never ever seen a pap of Meghan until now.

There are many pictures of them all online. Even the Cambridge kids with the Middletons and their nanny but I don't look because I don't think it's right. Dame with Harry. Unless its published. I haven't seen it. Thr ones today were published because basically the media aren't scared of them.

I remember when they posted one of Kate (as she was known then) with her mother in a fashion shop trying on new clothes. That was really, really nasty! With Meghan I though (probably naively!) that she just holed up in her home or nothing supporting all the bad lies was coming up. I doubt they would have printed a story of her helping an old lady in the supermarket, even if they had pics!


Maybe we (and the media) should have stopped being interested in them as Humans and stjust stuck to them being "Royals". And let what happens behind closed doors happen there and not in a paper with an interest in directing the narrative. IMHO, of course.
  #4088  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I think that is her truth. Exaggerated of course but basically honest. She couldn't stand it in the UK. She didn't get it.

Meghan didn't fit in in the UK or with the royal and he was desperately unhappy lately. It is all true.

They won't keep royal though. They will take that.
Here's the thing, though...while I suspect that much of this actually is true, the amount of ego inflation that has to go along with statements like these, particularly statements like "they'll always be considered royalty no matter where they go or what they do" is just astounding. I mean, honestly, I didn't really think it could get much worse but if this is true (and again, I suspect that much of it is) this is just absolutely flooring.
  #4089  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I remember when they posted one of Kate (as she was known then) with her mother in a fashion shop trying on new clothes. That was really, really nasty! With Meghan I though (probably naively!) that she just holed up in her home or nothing supporting all the bad lies was coming up. I doubt they would have printed a story of her helping an old lady in the supermarket, even if they had pics!


Maybe we (and the media) should have stopped being interested in them as Humans and stjust stuck to them being "Royals". And let what happens behind closed doors happen there and not in a paper with an interest in directing the narrative. IMHO, of course.
The papers always control the narrative. On everyone. Please. It's why people are essentially in bed with them. You have to have them on side.
  #4090  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Oh good grief...if even half of this is true then she's got some serious ego issues. And frankly, needs to tell her "friends" to zip it. Now, it's the DM so who knows whether it's true or not, it could be partially true. As they say, where there's smoke there's fire. And all of this does strike me as very Meghan-esque. But my goodness...if it's even half true that's some serious ego right there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-family.html

For me there is no real smoke that needs to be fueled by real fire! This is just the narrative of the Mail - as if Meghan's friends would talk to them. They didn't do it before, why should they now? It's just a peace of bringing together all the claims about ho Meghan is and how she regards the new situation and I bet nothing in it is really supported by "sources". This is the paper that is sued by Meghan and their people have said they will use her father to talk about her character! So now you claim this article is going to bring up the truth? LOL.
  #4091  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
For me there is no real smoke that needs to be fueled by real fire! This is just the narrative of the Mail - as if Meghan's friends would talk to them. They didn't do it before, why should they now? It's just a peace of bringing together all the claims about ho Meghan is and how she regards the new situation and I bet nothing in it is really supported by "sources". This is the paper that is sued by Meghan and their people have said they will use her father to talk about her character! So now you claim this article is going to bring up the truth? LOL.
Frankly, I think her "friends" would talk to just about anyone that would talk to them if they thought it would enable them or her to "get her side of things" out there. And, if they think that it stands a chance of being picked up by other media or news outlets then I absolutely think they would. After that little stunt her "friends" pulled with People Magazine I have absolutely no trouble believing that they're not exactly discriminatory when choosing who to have an anonymous word with if it might in any way be construed as "getting Meghan's truth out there" or "making her voice heard" or "standing up for herself."
  #4092  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Oh good grief...if even half of this is true then she's got some serious ego issues. And frankly, needs to tell her "friends" to zip it. Now, it's the DM so who knows whether it's true or not, it could be partially true. As they say, where there's smoke there's fire. And all of this does strike me as very Meghan-esque. But my goodness...if it's even half true that's some serious ego right there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-family.html
I pray this isn't true, because...I already don't like her anymore, reading this made me LOATHE her.

Charles crushed her spirit when he walked her down the aisle. The Queen crushed her soul when she allowed her to stay at Sandringham and has been a gentle, guiding force. That's not even the worst - the worst part is how, if this is true (and this is NOT the first time theses things have been said), she's very happy to separate him from his family. Now, she apparently was on the phone with Kate and William during reconciliation talks, so......who knows. BUT, I believe the gist of it even if I'm not sure everything is true. I believe she wanted OUT of the royal family, I believe she doesn't care for them and their way of doing things ("no one asked if I was ok"......here's some cheese with your whine).....I'm so angry at her.

Oh and MEGHAN, who's been a royal for 5 seconds, and Harry, do NOT get to decide whether they get to use Royal in their ridiculous brand.
  #4093  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
I'm so angry at her.
I can understand that, but I really think she's not worth expending ANY emotion on - she is an 'ex' person to me.. once [briefly] a member of the BRF, but now she has left this country she simply isn't 'of interest' anymore..
  #4094  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I truly believe this really is the crux of the matter. Many of us here have seen the writing on the wall for a very long time and thought that it was only a matter of time before it all came to a head. However, anytime we dared to voice an opinion that even remotely sounded less than positive we were drug through the coals, called terrible things, and worse. Anyhow, I genuinely believe that the BRF sees the writing on the wall, too, and probably has for some time now. They've been down this road before. I really believe that this is a big part of the reason that the style (and possibly the titles, too, though that would have been much harder) weren't stripped and everything is being reviewed in a year. I really believe that the family thinks it will all blow up even more spectacularly than it already has and that Harry will be back in rather short order. All these comments about "for legal reasons" and "what I can share" really make me think that the RF may even already be laying the groundwork and readying the necessary players in the event that a settlement, custody issues, residency issues for Archie, etc. come into play. I really don't think I'd even be surprised to find that this was all mentioned to Harry during negotiations. Yes, he wouldn't have liked it and would have most likely strongly refuted the very idea but it doesn't change the fact that the RF and their lawyers and advisers tend to be quite pragmatic and, I'd bet, are well prepared for all possibilities.
I absolutely believe the family saw her true colors. Harry is smitten with this chameleon. She’s manipulated all of his weaknesses to her advantage to promote herself— I think from the very beginning it’s been all about Meganworld.
  #4095  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 546
IF this is true the queen mother is turning in her grave!— wait I correct: doing somersaults!! That any money she and her husband left their grandson is being used to fund an American divorcee who lured a second member of their family away.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rticle-7911003
  #4096  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I can understand that, but I really think she's not worth expending ANY emotion on - she is an 'ex' person to me.. once [briefly] a member of the BRF, but now she has left this country she simply isn't 'of interest' anymore..
I'm angry at her attitude - she doesn't mean anything to me, but it bothers the heck out of me that she's trying to turn Harry against his family, that she's ungrateful and arrogant (if even a quarter of these stories are true) and that while she is all merry and gay about her new life, she doesn't care that Harry is actually rather sad (even if he is excited). I can't just shrug this off - as a follower of the BRF, I'm extremely hurt on their behalf.
  #4097  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
IF this is true the queen mother is turning in her grave!— wait I correct: doing somersaults!! That any money she and her husband left their grandson is being used to fund an American divorcee who lured a second member of their family away.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rticle-7911003

Yes, she would be aghast. And knowing how she thought about Camilla, one can imagine how she would think about meghan. I'm so sad that the queen and Charles tried so hard to be different than the queen mother was and it so backfired!I'm just relieved the royals learned from the queen's cousin queen Margrethe of Denmark not to give valuable jewelery to new brides for they could take the jewels with them on divorce. Maybe Eugenie might get the tiara she wore on her wedding, but Meghan did not get "her" tiara as a gift. At least that's what I hope.
  #4098  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
IF this is true the queen mother is turning in her grave!— wait I correct: doing somersaults!! That any money she and her husband left their grandson is being used to fund an American divorcee who lured a second member of their family away.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rticle-7911003
Well, it's Charles' choice - and, I understand that he wants to be sure that his son is on sure footing before removing any funding. What hurts also is that he cares about Meghan - everyone seems to - but she doesn't give a hoot about them as people.
  #4099  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
IF this is true the queen mother is turning in her grave!— wait I correct: doing somersaults!! That any money she and her husband left their grandson is being used to fund an American divorcee who lured a second member of their family away.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rticle-7911003
Dear old.Queen Mum was a Victorian...okay really Edwardian. And she had views which would not fly anymore. Who knows what she would think about anything. Even William marrying an upper middle class girl from.a self.made family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Well, it's Charles' choice - and, I understand that he wants to be sure that his son is on sure footing before removing any funding. What hurts also is that he cares about Meghan - everyone seems to - but she doesn't give a hoot about them as people.
Doea he care about her or is it his grandson and son. It's a vested interest.
  #4100  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:18 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Neverland, Austria
Posts: 31
The Royal Family all issued statements they're going to miss her. What did she issue? That they were toxic and she's happy and Harry will be too. Where is even one "thank you"?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020 Dman The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 1150 09-06-2020 08:30 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones baby names biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen carolin cht cpr duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon family tree games general news thread george vi gradenigo haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers luxembourg mailing maxima monarchy mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen maud resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart thai royal family videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×