The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
I am so happy for Harry and Meghan. They are still members of the Royal Family and will continue to serve the Monarchy. https://sussexroyal.com/monarchy/

No one has all the immediate answers but I think the Queen has given them a gift!
? they wont be representing the queen. they will be probably lviign abroad most of the time. They will get money but that was always on the cards.. how can they serve the monarchy when they have effectively been dropped?

Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Peter Hunt, ex-BBCer, thinks M and H win and the Monarchy “lost - big time”. I’m like, huh? Ok, they do have to figure out who else will become working royals, but the institution is and will be just fine.
I think M & H did win much of what they desired:

a. Keep Titles (I doubt anyone will care that much about HRH)

b. Still Funded by Charles

c. Retain Frogmore cottage

d. Retain some patronages (The ones they want)

e. Release from Royal duties

f. Security most likely to be paid by the public

Serene Highness

I think there is still a lot to be finalized - which is why they have given themselves till Spring 2020.
From what I understand they will only be doing private patronages - so the National Theatre has already been removed. So they will not be able to represent the Queen and the monarchy anywhere. Which must be a blow for them as they wanted to still concentrate on the Commonwealth.
Harry loosing all Honorary Military Positions is also sad. Alastair Bruce of Sky has said that they will no longer take part in any ceremonial part of the royal family. I am presuming that included Trooping. Garter and Centroph. Unsure if Ascot is considered ceremonial.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and...-fist-11912143

So at the funerals of his grandparents, his fathers and brother's coronation - will he be sitting with the family or in the back somewhere with Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Below is a link to an updated version of the article I posted yesterday...

Ok, so Harry and William’s relationship with their father has had ups and downs - that’s life in any family. What I don’t understand it’s why Harry didn’t speak to Charles about feeling “pushed out”. It’s not like Charles doesn’t praise him publicly, saying how proud he is of him. What does Harry want? He doesn’t want to be “pushed out”, but he also doesn’t want to be a working Royal. What then? Then he’s pissed at his father because he’s jealous that William and Kate got “their own court” and he and Meghan did not? William is the future king, there’s a big difference. I believe this, yes I do; not everything in the newspapers is wrong. I feel like Harry is running away to North America as a way to cope with his feelings of insecurity and kind of jealousy (I say kind of because he hates the media). As to the rift with his brother, it seems sibling rivalry runs deeper than I thought.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spe...-his-sons/amp/
I think it's bigger than that. I think he must be a rather vain person like his great great uncle and his uncle to be raised with such a sense of duty and apparently be left nit picking. He was doing a lot of good to many people with his work.

On a family front this is a tradegy. The abdication changed the lives and destinies of the York family and hw leaving too will affect the lives of other members of the royal family. He was close to Eugenie and I have noticed she hasn't touched her personal instagram since Christmas. Probably to avoid questions.

And then the quotes that he is doing this for Charlotte and Louis. The nerve. I doubt either will hold their uncle in high esteem given that they will see the personal affect of this on their father. I can only imagine that William will continue to grow towards his Phillips cousins in the family. He never was that friendly with the York's. But you know they are older now too. Family is so important to them given the lack of outsiders you can trust.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
How bad is Harry going to look when he rolls up, alone and wearing 'civvies', to his father's coronation ?

He won’t. He still holds military rank. It is only his honorary appointments that are being removed.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
IF the media are interested. And that in the long term is a big if.

Agreed. It’s the long- term media interest that I question. And they need it.

They’re good looking, charismatic, have name recognition, Harry is Diana’s son- but I can say with absolute certainly: Americans have short attention spans.

And whatever they do- it was made clear they wouldn’t embarrass the Queen (further). Not those exact words, but that was the gist.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
How bad is Harry going to look when he rolls up, alone and wearing 'civvies', to his father's coronation ?
If he shows up, lol....
Old 01-18-2020, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Has there been any clarification of the vague sentence about ceasing use of the HRH titles (in spring)?

1. May the couple continue to use their titles of Prince and Princess?

2. May other parties continue to use the HRH titles on their behalf? For instance, suppose a company books them for a paid speaking engagement. May that company advertise that event as "Meet TRH Prince Harry and Princess Meghan", provided that the Sussexes do not call themselves HRH in their speeches?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarinya View Post
But without the HRH’s aren’t they lower ranking to Bea and Eug who are HRH Princesses?

Their rank is determined by what they are, not by what they are known as. Bea and Eugenie will use their style when they write a letter or are introduced, Harry and Meghan will not. But they all "have" the HRH and Harry has the higher rank because he is the future king's son while the girls are just the future king's nieces.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
But no news regarding any money to be provided to them via the Duchy of Cornwall?. which was essentially their main salary.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think M & H did win much of what they desired:

a. Keep Titles (I doubt anyone will care that much about HRH)

b. Still Funded by Charles

c. Retain Frogmore cottage

d. Retain some patronages (The ones they want)

e. Release from Royal duties

f. Security most likely to be paid by the public
I’m less interested in that than I am in the idea that the Monarchy lost.

Good riddance to both of them....but I realize that it’s easy for me to say as an American. I wonder what the British public’s reaction will be...
Old 01-18-2020, 05:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Has there been any clarification of the vague sentence about ceasing use of the HRH titles (in spring)?

2. May other parties continue to use the HRH titles on their behalf? For instance, suppose a company books them for a paid speaking engagement. May that company advertise that event as "Meet TRH Prince Harry and Princess Meghan", provided that the Sussexes do not call themselves HRH in their speeches?
I can't see that that would work, them being billed as THR (besides which she's princess Henry Not Princess Meghan). THey are not allowed to use their HRH's esp for anything money making....
Old 01-18-2020, 05:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Answered my own question it will be Beatrice apparently and if Andrew is o longer on the list either Bea and Eug. Unless they replace with Edward and Anne
It's really academic right now. The Queen no longer travels internationally, so no one needs to do this.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

Quote:

1. Their titles are Duke and Duchess of Sussex. They won’t use their HRHs nor be referred to as Prince. They will be Henry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

2. Nope. They can’t. For starters she’s not Princess Meghan, and if Henry gives a jot about the agreements he’s made with his family, he won’t cross that bridge. He can use his peerage.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If he shows up, lol....

I thought the same thing! We’re assuming he shows up to his father’s coronation.

But- I think he has the right to wear the military uniform he earned.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry realistically had to know that he was the second child and would be under the same sort of set up as his aunt and uncles. He shouldn’t have been surprised that once they left KP offices, they would fall u nder the BP offices.
It may be that their own court is what his wife wanted and he was convinced it was what they deserved?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
But no news regarding any money to be provided to them via the Duchy of Cornwall?. which was essentially their main salary.
The Prince of Wales releases an annual report which breaks down some of where the Duchy money goes so in time we will get a better idea of where the money has gone and if H&M are still getting the same level of funding.

This years stated (https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/ann...ture-and-staff)

Funding for the activities of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, other expenditure including capital expenditure, and transfer to reserves (5,051)

i.e. £5,051,000 was given over to Cambridge's, Sussex's, capital expenditure and transfered to reserves. How that headline figure was broken down further is unknown to public.

Likely we won't see the same grouping next year so will a) get a better idea of what the Cambridge's get if Sussex's are included and b) if Charles's personal spending (i.e. the "non official expenditure" category) goes up by a significant amount we can assume that is because he is giving the amount to Sussex's but categorising it differently
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
It's really academic right now. The Queen no longer travels internationally, so no one needs to do this.
I just realised that myself but in the next few years it may become so.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I would guess no is the answer to both of those questions.

The answer BP gave about their titles was that Harry would be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex not Prince Harry.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think it's bigger than that. I think he must be a rather vain person like his great great uncle and his uncle to be raised with such a sense of duty and apparently be left nit picking. He was doing a lot of good to many people with his work.

On a family front this is a tradegy. The abdication changed the lives and destinies of the York family and hw leaving too will affect the lives of other members of the royal family. He was close to Eugenie and I have noticed she hasn't touched her personal instagram since Christmas. Probably to avoid questions.

And then the quotes that he is doing this for Charlotte and Louis. The nerve. I doubt either will hold their uncle in high esteem given that they will see the personal affect of this on their father. I can only imagine that William will continue to grow towards his Phillips cousins in the family. He never was that friendly with the York's. But you know they are older now too. Family is so important to them given the lack of outsiders you can trust.
He was doing good, and sadly his actions are a referendum on how he feels about the BRF and the work that it does, that everyone a part of it does. I guess the BRF doesn’t support the right kind of charities...

Harry so going to lose many relationships, but his choice is to insulate himself...and poor Archie; he will never know his great-grandparents, his grandfather, uncle, cousins...

Don’t get me started on this idea that he’s doing this for Charlotte, Louis and future Royals; Harry made this decision for himself.

Closed Thread