The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 04:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I saw family events. Like trooping of the colour. Not engagments.
That would make more sense that they will still go to family evetns but wont do more than (at best) a bit of minimal charity work....

Old 01-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Probably a few, as hey are retaining a few patronages. But when they settle down to new life, is it going to work out that they come back now and again?

So far the only thing that has been said is that they would be retaining their 'private' (? I think that's the right word) patronages including the QCT.

I would say after things settle down they may dip a toe in and see how it goes.

LaRae

Old 01-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia View Post
The problem is, by their recent actions they haven't exactly supported the Queen and the Monarchy. Rather, they have instead insisted that the Queen and the Monarchy support them. I tend now to take their words at face value.
Does it look like Prince Harry and Meghan are placing themselves and their wants to be first?
Old 01-18-2020, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I saw family events. Like trooping of the colour. Not engagments.

You can ask Chris Ship yourself..he's the one getting responses from BP...I quoted the exact question he asked and the response.

LaRae
Old 01-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
A lot of ppl have no idea how it really works ..and that includes the media who often post incorrect info when it comes to titles etc.

LaRae
But to be told "you wil still be HRH but we are not letting you use it", is kind of a big limitation.. The RF got some flak for taking away Diana's HRH.. so they dont want to do that, but they've been told not to use theirs.....
Old 01-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Figures. HM’s was very kind towards them. The Palace’s laid out the reality.

It is embarrassing, but they did it to themselves. This was completely avoidable. All they had to do was shut up until actual decisions were made.

I think going public- and going public with all that detail- was a negotiating tactic that failed on a spectacularly public level. They rolled the dice. It didn’t work. And it is quite embarrassing for them.
Peter Hunt, ex-BBCer, thinks M and H win and the Monarchy “lost - big time”. I’m like, huh? Ok, they do have to figure out who else will become working royals, but the institution is and will be just fine.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
I would say after things settle down they may dip a toe in and see how it goes. LaRae
I seriously doubt this will happen. The BP statement is very clear. Harry and Meghan are no longer working royals and will not be doing any work for the Queen.

Quote:
Some RR's are saying (they have been asking BP questions) they will still do engagements for the Queen AND they are expected to be at the Trooping etc. LaRae
BP won’t say if Meghan will be doing any engagements, so it’s quite possible that it will only be Harry.

This is interesting. While Charles will be helping out financially, the money may not be coming from the Duchy. I imagine this is one of the things they are still trying to work out (along with the use of Sussex Royal and their security).

Quote:
@byEmilyAndrews

Prince Charles will continue to offer “private financial support” to Harry & Meghan but apparently it MAY not be Duchy money. Unclear at this stage. Also unclear if SussexRoyal can still stand as H&M’s Branding. We think not, but still no official guidance on that.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
So far the only thing that has been said is that they would be retaining their 'private' (? I think that's the right word) patronages including the QCT.

LaRae
A lot of charities will drop them. Just the way it goes. He will keep the Invictus Games and Sentable. The commonwealth stuff will go. The rugby said they wanted him but noenhe isn't royal anymore technically. They will want a working one too.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:

LaRae
I don't think so. I think the message has been clear that they're not really here except as part timers and visitors. if they want to achieve financial independence they wll not be able to devote themsleves to the UK or CW causes.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
This seems like a good solution all around. I'm happy for Harry and Meghan.

I doubt they are really “happy”. This wasn’t their plan. They told us what they wanted.

What they got- their family wouldn’t have denied them anyway- the move and financial freedom.

The public negotiating tactic failed.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I don't think it's just the media. I think it's comments by citizens online (on news articles, on this forum, on reddit, on instagram, etc). Sure, a person can learn to ignore all of this - but they do not have to ignore it. Meghan is in show business, she's entitled to retain some of her personality traits surely.

The stuff I'm reading shocks me. I've tried to ignore it (by not coming here much, for example or only lurking). But this "Thank god the evil Meghan is not part of MY family" stuff is really off putting and it wouldn't take my DH more than a few glimpses for him to want it to stop (on my behalf). It's not going to stop, of course, but at least now the British public doesn't have the same "rights" to criticize Harry and Meghan and they can definitely avoid British tabloid press way more than in the past. Just living in Canada has got to help with that.

BTW, I do believe the Canadians have earned their reputation for politeness.
Who’s talking about her losing her personality? It’s just in general not a good thing to read what people have to say about you, whether media or social media...
Serene Highness

Quote:
A lot of charities will drop them. Just the way it goes. He will keep the Invictus Games and Sentable. The commonwealth stuff will go. The rugby said they wanted him but noenhe isn't royal anymore technically. They will want a working one too.
A lot of their charities already signalled their ongoing support so I doubt they will be dropped. I mean they are still big names and now honestly can do even more for their charities in many ways.

The only one I am not as clear about is National Theater. Then again Meghan not being a working royal may be a boon. This is the same org that considered dropping "Royal" from their title until Meghan was named patron so.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
BP won’t say if Meghan will be doing any engagements, so it’s quite possible that it will only be Harry.

This is interesting. While Charles will be helping out financially, the money may not be coming from the Duchy. I imagine this is one of the things they are still trying to work out (along with the use of Sussex Royal and their security).
I think that is primarily because the Duchy supports the work of William and Harry and is available for public scrutiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
A lot of their charities already signalled their ongoing support so I doubt they will be dropped. I mean they are still big names and now honestly can do even more for their charities in many ways.

The only one I am not as clear about is National Theater. Then again Meghan not being a working royal may be a boon. This is the same org that considered dropping "Royal" from their title until Meghan was named patron so.
They will drop them as time goes on. The National want patrons to make them money
Can she make them money? I doubt they have any interest in her advice on acting.

Doesn't surprise me they considered dropping it. The current director is not a royalist.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm delighted the festering Boil is lanced, that HMQ hasn't 'rolled over' and submitted to their blackmail and they can go off into whatever life they can cobble together.

My sole concern is for those they leave behind, their PAIN and hurt feelings, their increased workload, their fears for the future...But [in the long run] I believe they, and us are 'WELL RID'..
Old 01-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that is primarily because the Duchy supports the work of William and Harry and is available for public scrutiny.

They will drop them as time goes on. The National want patrons to make them money
Can she make them money? I doubt they have any interest in her advice on acting.

Doesn't surprise me they considered dropping it. The current director is not a royalist.

As I said, interest in these two will still be extremely high. And they can FR more aggressively for their charities now that they are not tied to the same rules as royals.

We will see of course.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Courtier

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ss-we-said-no/

What caught my interests about this interview was the part of paparazzi pictures of the royals posted around the world. In the two years since the engagement i don’t think I have seen any of those kind of pictures of Meghan and Harry, not even when they dated to be honest. It be interesting to know if there are paparazzi pics of them that we are not aware of.
If so, Meghan thinking she now safe outside of the protection of the royal family.. well in the last week we had two! - that I know of- Paparazzi photos of her (at least one makes me believe we’re called by her and her PR, because how would they know she’d be there?! The second, actually had an embargo!! Placed on it, which again looks a bit suspeciois).
Nobility

Their instagram shows only ghe Queen s statment, seems as if they will take time to recover from this.
Commoner

I don’t see how Meghan and Harry have really lost out in this. Apart from repaying back the money from Frogmore which I doubt they actually will find it all, it reckon Charles will help but regardless they still get independence (which they wanted), they get to step away from the Royal life (which they wanted) and they won’t be funded by the Soverign Grant (which they wanted).
In regards to the HRH, they can’t use it in commercial terms, but still get to be called HRH and use it and haven’t lost their place in succession or hierarchy.
So I’m not really sure how people on social media and the media are saying that They Queen has shown them’ or thar ‘Buckingham Palace has given payback’ because H&M pretty much got all they wanted?
Unless I’m missing something?
Old 01-18-2020, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I seriously doubt this will happen. The BP statement is very clear. Harry and Meghan are no longer working royals and will not be doing any work for the Queen.

We weren't talking about work..if you go back and read what I was responding to...

LaRae
Old 01-18-2020, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
As I said, interest in these two will still be extremely high. And they can FR more aggressively for their charities now that they are not tied to the same rules as royals.

We will see of course.
I do disagree because the platform they represented has been taken away. Like working for Amnesty and your voice being important and getting invited to official events and then moving to Vodafone and finding no one has use for you anymore.

I know this will e hard for them but they are only of any use to their organisations because of the platform they gave them.

Closed Thread