The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Meghan’s ex-friend and business partner wrote recently about how she expressed concern to Meghan about marrying unto the BRF and the completely different lifestyle that requires...and Meghan apparently cut her off, said something to the effect that “I’m happy now” and that was it.....Meghan cut this woman out of her life. Sound familiar ?

Many of the media, who seem to personally like Harry, describe him as mercurial - so how he feels and acts may change from day to day. If he cuts himself off from his family, I’ve no doubt he’ll regret it. Of course there are phones and other ways to communicate with loved ones, but to paraphrase a famous line, “the BRF are not like you and me”. Is Harry going to just pick up the phone and call his father when he’s not used to doing that (I’m basing this on what I’ve read about how Royals communicate with each other )? Will he do that for the Queen? Philip? William ? The same goes vice versa..

What a shame that Harry has cut himself off from his friends ...he’s really isolated himself from everyone who loves him
And who else does the mercurial temperament and cutting off friends remind you of? To me, it sounds an awful lot like his mother.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not related at all, just out of curiosity. Isn't it on her passport or driving license? She's not Meghan Markle, Archie's birth certificate shows she took Henry's name, so what would she be?

No digs intended, I am genuinely curious.
I believe that I read somewhere quite some time ago that members of the BRF, on those rare occasions when they need a surname, will use their title or Mountbatten-Windsor. So, I'd imagine her official documents say either "Rachel Meghan Sussex" or "Rachel Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor" but I'm not 100% certain about that.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not related at all, just out of curiosity. Isn't it on her passport or driving license? She's not Meghan Markle, Archie's birth certificate shows she took Henry's name, so what would she be?

No digs intended, I am genuinely curious.
Because the U.S. doesn’t officially recognize titles. Like when the Cambridges sued in France.
She could still be using Meghan Markle or if she officially changed her name on her Social Security Number, U.S passport, etc it probably would be Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor.
It is officially her name in the U.K., and Archie’s birth certificate is a U.K. document.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And who else does the mercurial temperament and cutting off friends remind you of? To me, it sounds an awful lot like his mother.
Yes, I’ve thought of that in the past and think there are a lot of similarities. I wonder if his father is thinking that now...
Old 01-17-2020, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Meghan’s ex-friend and business partner wrote recently about how she expressed concern to Meghan about marrying unto the BRF and the completely different lifestyle that requires...and Meghan apparently cut her off, said something to the effect that “I’m happy now” and that was it.....Meghan cut this woman out of her life. Sound familiar ?
The same ex manager who admitted she prematurely confirmed their relationship? Not shortly afterward Meghan told her their professional relationship was no longer needed. She has given many interviews over the past 3 years. I always thought it strange that a woman who's business is about protecting the privacy of her clients would be running to the press. Meghan is no longer her client but if I were a current one of hers I would be having second thoughts.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Sorry, but what are you on about? What is often repeated in the media?

The Queen conferred upon her grandson the Dukedom of Sussex, with two subsidiary titles. Earl of Dumbarton would be Henry's primary courtesy title that his son could use. Upon marriage, Meghan became The Duchess of Sussex. Should they divorce, she would be Meghan, Duchess of Sussex until Henry remarried. The title is by no means linked to Meghan being a british citizen, else she shouldn't be holding it now?

This link announces the official creation of Letters Patent in regards to the title.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3071743

No mention of citizenship.
I believe that if Harry remarried, his wife would then be The Duchess of Sussex whereas Meghan would be Meghan, Duchess of Sussex as a previous wife of the peerage holder. It would be the same if Andrew were to remarry. His wife would be The Duchess of York and Sarah still able to use Sarah, Duchess of York.

Its when the ex-wife remarries that she loses her ability to use her former spouses peerage title as a courtesy.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Harry has long seemed to take after Diana in many ways. His charisma, ability to connect with people, seemingly to be more driven by his emotions, impulsive, being more free spirited. I’m trying to think of the ways he seems Windsor. Not sure.

I have thought lately that his use of the media/social media seems like her too. The interview that was imo a sympathy ploy. Using social media to blindside his family.

IF he has cut off some of his friends, then that would be like her too.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe that if Harry remarried, his wife would then be The Duchess of Sussex whereas Meghan would be Meghan, Duchess of Sussex as a previous wife of the peerage holder. It would be the same if Andrew were to remarry. His wife would be The Duchess of York and Sarah still able to use Sarah, Duchess of York.

Its when the ex-wife remarries that she loses her ability to use her former spouses peerage title as a courtesy.
You are correct! I got it the wrong way round. However we can assume a divorced wife whose husband has remarried would it elect to keep using that style. But you never know
Old 01-17-2020, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I believe that I read somewhere quite some time ago that members of the BRF, on those rare occasions when they need a surname, will use their title or Mountbatten-Windsor. So, I'd imagine her official documents say either "Rachel Meghan Sussex" or "Rachel Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor" but I'm not 100% certain about that.
On their British official documents, British prince(sse)s as well as British peer(esse)s may either use their legal surname or use no surname whatsoever. For the male descendants and unmarried female descendants in male line from Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, their legal surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.

https://www.heraldica.org/topics/bri..._docs.htm#1960

To see examples, refer to the following posts:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2065963
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2280723

When they merely need an unofficial surname for some occasion (e.g. as a professional name), the custom is for them to use the territorial designation from their title as a "surname".
Old 01-17-2020, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Because the U.S. doesn’t officially recognize titles. Like when the Cambridges sued in France.
She could still be using Meghan Markle or if she officially changed her name on her Social Security Number, U.S passport, etc it probably would be Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor.
It is officially her name in the U.K., and Archie’s birth certificate is a U.K. document.
I would imagine she is still using Meghan Markle on her US documents unless during her few brief visits to the US, she had time to go through the process of changing all her legal documents to her married name of Mountbatten-Windsor.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I would imagine she is still using Meghan Markle on her US documents unless during her few brief visits to the US, she had time to go through the process of changing all her legal documents to her married name of Mountbatten-Windsor.
I would imagine she's changed her name..
Old 01-17-2020, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I think Meghan Markle recognised in Harry a Man 'discontented with his lot' in life, looking enviously at the family life his brother enjoyed with his wife and young family, and saw [clearly] that this man, with a global reach she has LONG desired, [but not independently achieved] could provide her with that fame, and 'Global platform'..

He was 'ripe for the picking'.

Now she has the Title, the platform, the child, what need has she of him any more ?

^^^

I was a little weary of her in the beginning & what's transpired in the last two weeks, not to mention leaving Harry on his own to meet with his family to discuss their very future, has left me annoyed. Maybe his position is what she was after, so she "champion" her causes. And now that she has it, what use does she have for Harry?

Who knows? I guess we all have to wait and see.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Does she continue to be a HRH if they divorce & he remarries?
Old 01-17-2020, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The same ex manager who admitted she prematurely confirmed their relationship? Not shortly afterward Meghan told her their professional relationship was no longer needed. She has given many interviews over the past 3 years. I always thought it strange that a woman who's business is about protecting the privacy of her clients would be running to the press. Meghan is no longer her client but if I were a current one of hers I would be having second thoughts.
I admit, I don't recall what her business was or is - I've only read that one article......and, maybe so about her current clients, but I'm not sure that's relevant.

Quote:
Did Diana cut friends off? I'll be honest, I was never a fan of hers, so I didn't follow her.

Quote:
I have thought lately that his use of the media/social media seems like her too. The interview that was imo a sympathy ploy. Using social media to blindside his family.
Now using the media....I am familiar with, lol
Old 01-17-2020, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
At the time of the divorce, she would lose her HRH exactly like Diana and Sarah did. It doesn't matter if Harry remarries or not. This came into effect and remains in place for all divorced wives of the royal family that do not have titles in their own right.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I , and the British Public are now questioning why 'the lady' [if committed to this country and her marriage] retained her lawyers and agents, as well as business/es in the US throughout the marriage ?

Her tearful interview looks like one of her many theatrical performances, and only that.

Many now see clearly she only ever has but one 'commitment', and that is to herself..
Does your country require complete commitment to a project made in advance of experiencing the project? It seems that she and her husband are doing what most young couples do, and working out/defining their marriage as they go along - without reference to "country" perhaps. Maybe neither of them wants to put country above their own relationship with each other and with Archie.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I had a friend from my teenagers years, he was always in our group of friends, until his late 30s he got a girlfriend and married her, after that she made him to cut off with all of us! There are some wife's who do that and we never saw him again, I think may be once, he said he would be in touch and reconnect with us never happen! I guess we were not good enough for her! So I am sure she had something to do with him cutting of his friends! And some people suggest here, if any of his friends showed concern about his relation with Meghan, he cut him off!
Old 01-17-2020, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
In the event of a divorce she would lose the HRH, like Diana and Sarah. She would only lose the title if she married again.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Does your country require complete commitment to a project made in advance of experiencing the project? It seems that she and her husband are doing what most young couples do, and working out/defining their marriage as they go along - without reference to "country" perhaps. Maybe neither of them wants to put country above their own relationship with each other and with Archie.
But they are not "most young couples". When Royals take on a role, they are usually expected to stick with it.. Its not that easy to replace them. Charles' older relatives are getting on, they cant do as much. The queen is very old now. 2 years ago, Meg and Harry took on the royal duties role when tey got married.. Harry knows what it entails, even if Meg doesn't.. so he really should have explained it to her, that this was something they couldn't/shoudln't back down on, so they'd better be quite sure they were willing to go on with it..
Old 01-17-2020, 09:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarinya View Post
If the rumours and talk turn out to be true and she doesn’t ever return to the U.K. for any meaningful length of time I don’t think I could support her and Harry keeping their titles. Whilst this is definitely a controversial thing to say, my thoughts are why have British titles and the privileges that come with them if you don’t actually spend any proper time in Britain? What does this mean for her British citizenship? Will she even become one now?
I also makes me feel even more uneasy that Frogmore cottage will be empty for the vast part of the year after all the renovation work on it.
IF the Sussexes are not going to be in Frogmore Cottage at all, than could not Frogmore Cottage be given to some other royals?

Closed Thread