The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they really miss the worldwide patent for their brand?
Maybe now it does not matter much if they can no longer use Sussex Royal but if the story is true it shows another time that the whole fuss has not been well organized.

Yeah because not wanting to drag a seven month old across the world for 48 hours is insane. I mean it’s a clear sign her son will never fly again.

Sorry have yet to see one Rational argument From you as to why you think Meghan will never return to the UK or allow her son. Or for that matter one rational reason Harry would allow her to control it all.

They have both said they will continue with their British charities. They have kept Frogmore as a Family home. They have said that Archie will know his family and his home country. Where in this do you see them saying he will never come back.

Meghan is not an idiot. She also doesn’t think that the queen or Charles are after her. And FYI if the queen wanted Archie he wouldn’t have to be in the UK. Canada would enforce custody and Meghan knows that. Meghan isn’t hiding in some country with no extradition treaty believing he will be taken.

Meghan grew up in a broken family. Her siblings were grown up before she was born. Until her father started selling her out literally to the press. She had a relationship with her mom as well as a niece and nephew.

I see people using her broken relationship as excuse why she tries to destroy Harry who seems to be a mindless sock puppet to you and his family. When really it’s the exact opposite. Why does William love the Middletons? Because he gets the close family he missed. Meghan is the same way. Meghan was extremely close to her grandmothers before they died and a grandfather. There is no rational reason to suggest she’d want less for her son.

They plan to divide their time between countries. When they are back in Uk for less then two days Archie will surely come.

We'll see -time will tell. I still think that Meghan and Harry won't take Archie back to England. When they have to go back he will go alone. I don't think she will go back.

She's made it clear she doesn't like England. And I don't think she has any intention on returning.

But time will tell - you might be right. Or I might be.

Last edited:
The telegraph is a serious newspaper in the UK. They report that H&M claim that the RF has been jealous of them and unfriendly towards them. Apparently these issues would date back to December 2018.

Given the source, I trust this is not fake news.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ssex-accuse-royals-jealous-unfriendly-prince/

Concerning the telegraph, LOL
does any adult seriously agree that making crocodile tears and comments on a video which is meant to be published worlwide is the correct attempt to attract attention, understanding, love and change from their closest family members?
But maybe this is really what H&M are like, instead of talking& asking for help like any normal person would do in a family,
they do things differently and show up in a film to get what they want.
To me this is sad but ridiculous aswell, anything but mature.
And yes, if something is most possibly true in this article maybe M.'s opinion the RF is too slow...and she was not able to shape her new role.....
She yet has not understand her new life is not a role ( in sense of acting) and not she is important but the monarchy!

Sorry, but I really laughed when reading the telegraph, even pro-sussex should be objective enough to see that the way those two acted could only lead into a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
The telegraph is a serious newspaper in the UK. They report that H&M claim that the RF has been jealous of them and unfriendly towards them. Apparently these issues would date back to December 2018.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ssex-accuse-royals-jealous-unfriendly-prince/

We don’t know anything. So in that I agree. People are taking liberties and speaking things as truth on all sides. It’s what they want to believe, whether true or not. Honestly the truth doesn’t even matter at this point.

Tuesday night Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands was in an interview program Op1 on NPO1. It is a current news program and the situation of the duke and duchess of Sussex came up.

The presentors asked if he followed what was happening in the British RF. His answer: "from a very appropriate distance".

On a question of the presenter if he felt connected to what happening he answered: "In a way I feel connected but they have a very different position than mine in that family. They have all kinds of formal duties. Here we have chosen a different solution. Although I am inside the Royal House, we -my brother as well when he was alive- have to make our own income. And that is a very different solution. They seem to be more stuck between those two worlds. And good, they have made their choice. And I think it was also brave of them."

After that the program went to a clip from a documentary about the prince in 2019, where he says that he lives like anybody else and he is doing groceries in an Albert Heijn supermarket.

"Yes a little less glamourous" he dryly remarked after the clip was over.

When asked the prince repeats that he thinks it is a brave decision as prince Harry probably also doesn't yet know what he gets himself into."I think a lot of things will still happen to him, as we have seen [the last weeks]. He choses for himself and for his wife..." The presenter wanted to conclude the topic and ended the sentence for the prince: "choosing for your wife is always good" after which the Prince smiled and did not say a word.

Today the Belgian French speaking newspapers of Sudpresse published comments of Prince Laurent, with whom they seemed to have talked about the matter. He said that "no person should be the possession of his family. The situation with Harry proves one thing: you are just 'the son of...'. You are an object. That is unacceptable. You can not let a person live in such a situation. A person should not be the property of a family, or the government. Or you should be compensated. That is why I never agreed to that. And that is why I was punished. Hopefully it will change because I do not want to be the victim of archaic people. I do no longer want to be a thing that is the property of a structure, a government or a state."

Last week the prince was asked about the couple during a visit. He replied that he was happy for them if they are happy. And added: "I also had a job and I still hope to get it back. Things are looking good in that respect, but I can not say more about it." When the topic moved back to the duke and duchess of Sussex he concluded the chat by saying: 'actually, it is none of my business'.

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/royalty...igendom-mogen-zijn-van-zijn-familie~a2165505/

Note that for a while Prince Laurent had an arrangement simular to what Harry and Meghan wanted: inside the family, receiving public money (though much less of it and directly from the state) ánd the freedom to pursue his own business (ad)ventures. After a few scandals he was forced by the Belgian government to give up his private carreer.

Last edited:
Very interesting Marengo thank you.

A lot of people emigrate, for one reason or another, and raise their children in another country. With people leaving the UK, it's usually for another English-speaking country, so Australia, New Zealand, the US or Canada, none of which allow for regular visits if you're an ordinary person with limited funds and only a few weeks' annual leave from work every year. But that doesn't mean that the children can't have a relationship with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, especially in these days of Skype and Facetime. Even in Queen Victoria's day, they used to be writing letters all the time. It's up to Harry and Meghan. They can put Archie on Facetime to Prince Charles every day, if they want. I somehow doubt that they will, but the distance itself doesn't have to mean that Archie won't have a relationship with the Royal Family, or indeed with the Spencers.

FaceTime or Skype is not the same as seeing people in person, and Charles for sure apparently isn’t allowed to visit when ever he wants to (I’m not sure about anyone else).

We don’t know anything. So in that I agree. People are taking liberties and speaking things as truth on all sides. It’s what they want to believe, whether true or not. Honestly the truth doesn’t even matter at this point.

The contents of the article has been said many times in others ways. There are many sides to any store - the way the two sides see it , then the perceptions of the outside parties, then the truth.
I did however find it odd when I was told by a royal correspondent that Meghan couldn't understand why the royal women couldn't be like Beyoncé, Serena Williams, Oprah and Michele Obama. That was the treatment and support she wanted. She wanted loud and obvious support.

Betsypaige said:
FaceTime or Skype is not the same as seeing people in person, and Charles for sure apparently isn’t allowed to visit when ever he wants to (I’m not sure about anyone else).

The Prince of Wales is not the only person in a situation like this. Millions of people are and if they want to they can find a solution and still have a great relationship and play a significant role in each others lives. My mother in law -in Portugal- sees her grand son -in Canada- every day on Skype. They have dinner/breakfast together on nearly a daily basis. They see each other in person maybe twice per year but the bond they have seems to be very close. I think an international upbringing can be very beneficial for children, though I understand many will feel differently about that, esp. in the times we are living in at the moment. The dry reality is that there are an unprecedented amount of children raised in families of multi nationalities and Archie is one of them. Let's not make it more dramatic than it is.

Last edited:

I can’t read the article now; I was able to read it at the time it was published, but not now, so I don’t know what it said except I don’t believe a word out of Mouthpiece Bradby’s mouth.

As for Prince Laurent - who I’ve never heard of before now, I think his comments were incredibly rude, commenting on the BRF as a family (as if he knows everyone’s personal relationships) and as part of the monarchy as well. It’s presumptuous of him to say that Harry and Meghan are treated as possessions. Ugh.

Does anyone listen to the podcase - The Heirpod it is by Omid Scobie with a rotation of royal correspondence. When you get over the Meghan bias - it is rather interesting. He appears to have direct contact with Harry and Meghan.
In his latest episode - he remarks that Harry and Meghan see themselves as trailblazers - that they want to create a model for any young royal that wasn't needed in the monarchy to step out of it.
He notes that the palace wasn't just creating a process that Meghan and Harry to follow but for all royals - now and in the future.

I’ve been treated for severe depression and anxiety in the past, so I do understand something about mental health issues. However, if “bullying by the press” were such an issue, practically every senior politician in every country in the world with a free press would be running thousands of miles away (look at what’s been said about the PM of Australia in relation to the bushfires), as would every football manager whose team is on a bad run and every actor/actress/director whose latest film flopped. If you are in the public eye, this is what happens, and you have to learn to ignore it – it is what other public figures do. And I don’t see how any of this is the fault of William and Kate. They are not doctors or counsellors, nor are they responsible for the press.

Harry’s had his share of negative press coverage in the past, which he did rather ask for by going to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi, but he was presumably able to deal with that and move on from it.

Thank you for sharing your mental health issues with us and I hope you are in a good place.
I've had a suicide in my family due to depression and bullying. Do I become passionate about mental health, yes. I attempted suicide in high school (in the 80's) and couldn't talk about it for many years as it was a taboo subject. It's great that we can now talk about this and accept people suffer from this issue.

I was of the understanding that Harry mentioned mental health as a reason for his decision. This admission helps to acknowledge the consequences of mental health for some people.

With this in mind, it would of been great for this to have been an opportunity for the mental health initiatives that the Cambridge's support, to make a comment regarding the power of negative press. I don't blame the Cambridge's for whats happened to H&M that would be ridiculous. I just expressed my disappointment that nothing was said.

All this is my long winded way of saying, not everyone experiences/deals with mental health issues the same way. Each person would deal with negativity directed at themselves differently and there is no right or wrong response.

The contents of the article has been said many times in others ways. There are many sides to any store - the way the two sides see it , then the perceptions of the outside parties, then the truth.
I did however find it odd when I was told by a royal correspondent that Meghan couldn't understand why the royal women couldn't be like Beyoncé, Serena Williams, Oprah and Michele Obama. That was the treatment and support she wanted. She wanted loud and obvious support.

Well, that doesn’t surprise me....sorry, I don’t feel sorry for her. She married into a family that is very much British and reserved in public - even if they could change on a dime (most people can’t do that), they still wouldn’t be emotional - loud and obvious. Did she ASK for help? If she did, then I believe they would have helped her as best they could - but of course that apparently wasn’t good enough for her. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Prince of Wales is not the only person in a situation like this. Millions of people are and if they want to they can find a solution and still have a great relationship and play a significant role in each others lives. My mother in law -in Portugal- sees her grand son -in Canada- every day on Skype. They have dinner/breakfast together on nearly a daily basis. They see each other in person maybe twice per year but the bond they have seems to be very close. I think an international upbringing can be very beneficial for children, though I understand many will feel differently about that, esp. in the times we are living in at the moment. The dry reality is that there are an unprecedented amount of children raised in families of multi nationalities and Archie is one of them. Let's not make it more dramatic than it is.

I agree - and have said it before - that people do make long distance separations from family work. However, Archie is a baby - he certainly won’t be capable of any of the above anytime soon (I think that’s really lovely, up the way). I do think it’s sad that he won’t see his grandpa fairly regularly so that he can bond with him. That said, I don’t believe this notion that Harry won’t ever bring him back to the UK, so if grandfather/grandson can establish a bond, then yes, something like you described could work.

Does anyone listen to the podcase - The Heirpod it is by Omid Scobie with a rotation of royal correspondence. When you get over the Meghan bias - it is rather interesting. He appears to have direct contact with Harry and Meghan.
In his latest episode - he remarks that Harry and Meghan see themselves as trailblazers - that they want to create a model for any young royal that wasn't needed in the monarchy to step out of it.
He notes that the palace wasn't just creating a process that Meghan and Harry to follow but for all royals - now and in the future.

I think H and M are thinking of themselves, not future Royals...but even if I believed them, I think it’s a lousy plan and I don’t see many, if any, Royals following in their footsteps.

She married into a family that is very much British and reserved in public

Exactly.. how can anyone marrying into a 'foreign family' seriously expect them to morph into having the characteristics the 'married in' grew up with ?
My Cousin married a Spaniard and moved to Madrid, but she didn't demand her Mother-in-law wore tweeds or took Tea !
She adapted her modes of life.. and she expected to [from Day one].

Last edited:

I listened to it and after a few episodes promptly deleted it. He is quite obviously a sycophant of M&H, as is a few others that he has brought on the podcast. I prefer to listen real reporting, discussions and friendly debates with opposing point of views. This most definitely isn’t that.

Well, according to that Canadian minister interviewed by the CBC and quoted here, Prince Charles, as a member of the Royal Family, can visit Canada whenever he wants and without having to ask for permission.

Maybe he is too busy to make time for it, but I can't imagine that H&M would forbid him from seeing Archie when he happens to be in town.

I see many posts on this forum about Archie never getting to know the Queen or Prince Philip, or not spending time with Charles or his cousins. Honestly, even if those assumptions are true, I suspect it is not something the RF is really terribly concerned about and I am pretty sure they have bigger issues to deal with such as how to pay for H&M's security and maintenance (especially in Canada) or how to prevent them from monetizing their title or putting the RF in any embarassing or partisan political situation.

Forgive me if I am skeptic (US spelling) about personal drama, but many Royal Families in Europe are not really personally close other than the usual photo ops and staged public appearances.

Besides, we live in a globalized world and many families, including ordinary middle-class families like mine, have relatives who live overseas in another country or another continent. It is not that unsusual these days and grandparents, cousins, etc. cope wih it. In fact, in continental countries like the US, Australia, Brazil, or Canada, even when relatives are not overseas, they may live very far away and visit infrequently.

Last edited:
Well, according to that Canadian minister interviewed by the CBC and quoted here, Prince Charles, as a member of the Royal Family, can visit Canada whenever he wants and without having to ask for permission.

Maybe he is too busy to make time for it, but I can't imagine that H&M would forbid him from seeing Archie when he happens to be in town.

I see many posts on this forum about Archie never getting to know the Queen or Prince Philip, or not spending time with Charles or his cousins. Honestly, even if those assumptions are true, I suspect it is not something the RF is really terribly concerned about and I am pretty sure they have bigger issues to deal with such as how to pay for H&M's security and maintenance (especially in Canada) or how to prevent them from monetizing their title or putting the RF in any embarassing or partisan political situation.

Forgive me if I am skeptic (US spelling) about personal drama, but many Royal Families in Europe are not really personally close other than the usual photo ops and staged public appearances.

Besides, we live in a globalized world and many families, including ordinary middle-class families like mine, have relatives who live overseas in another country or another continent. It is not that unsusual these days and grandparents, cousins, etc. cope wih it. In fact, in continental countries like the US, Australia, Brazil, or Canada, even when relatives are not overseas, they may live very far away and visit infrequently.

Thanks ! I read an article indicating that Charles as heir needed permission, so that’s good to know.

I agree that for now they definitely have bigger problems; I’m thinking more about in the future. I’m sure you’re right about extended families (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc..) of European royals, but it’s still a shame to lose the closeness Harry has with his cousins, etc.. Mostly I’m thinking of Charles and William, though - it’s still sad, especially if there are personal issues between them

I have to admit that I half-read, half-scanned the article because my eyes couldn’t deal with the idea of “influencers” anymore....

I do think that guy is right, though - Harry is not Obama; he’s playing on his family name, not on any accomplishments of his own. After some time, will people even think of them as Royal?

Thanks ! I read an article indicating that Charles as heir needed permission, so that’s good to know.

Maybe he needs permission from the monarch to leave the UK ? I know some monarchies like Sweden require that of the heir by law (even for short trips), but I don't know if that is the case also in the UK. In any case, that woudn't be a problem either.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I listened to it and had an amazing time laughing - I honestly can't take him seriously :lol:

As far as the other part of your post go, I hope all the royals in the future will look at Meghan and Harry and see what they shouldn't do. Also, I'm not sure why they felt like they need to do it, when we have Princess Madeleine, who - IMHO - dealt with similar transition much, much, much better.

I was of the understanding that Harry mentioned mental health as a reason for his decision. This admission helps to acknowledge the consequences of mental health for some people.

With this in mind, it would of been great for this to have been an opportunity for the mental health initiatives that the Cambridge's support, to make a comment regarding the power of negative press. I don't blame the Cambridge's for whats happened to H&M that would be ridiculous. I just expressed my disappointment that nothing was said.

All this is my long winded way of saying, not everyone experiences/deals with mental health issues the same way. Each person would deal with negativity directed at themselves differently and there is no right or wrong response.
I think I already said that, don't remember if here or someplace else, but no initiative that the Cambridges support is about going to the media to air your dirty laundry. We do not know the whole situation - they might've offered the full extent of their support in private, which is what (should) matter the most - and they even made it known they support Harry and Meghan by the statement from William. And then Meghan and Harry in their engagement interview mentioned that Catherine had been great. Not to meniton, what really should they say? "Please stop writing mean articles about Harry and Meghan, because they're feeling bad"?

During their relationship William and Catherine learned that fighting wth the press is pointless - the more you do it, the more material you give them. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and keep working, keep living your life. And it's not like they're the only ones to do so - Sophie and Edward went through so much bad press (and look at them now, they're basically the favourites!), not to mention Charles and Camilla.

Well, it’s a real story and no doubt the story the Sussexes would like people to believe, but whether it is factual as regards others in the BRF....
IRL, I have noticed that people who think they are more important than they really are, often have trouble dealing with criticism or being reined in from doing things their way rather than the company’s way. And then they blame everyone but themselves, including throwing around accusations of jealousy.

I do think the end of 2018 was when things turned sour. I think there were some communication issues, but I also think that was when the Sussexes began to try to force change and the answers were often “no you can’t.” I speculate that on the tails of a highly successful Australian tour, the Sussexes thought they had more power than was actually the case and rubbed a lot of people that work for/with the BRF the wrong way.
My speculation is based on the Sussexes’ words and actions over the past few months, and thinking about events and various stories over the past year.

Unfriendly is in the eye of the beholder. It could be, or it could be natural reserve or shyness. Maybe the Sussexes wanted to have a family party but most everyone had other engagements already in their diaries. We don’t know why they might think family “unfriendly”, and without concrete examples, it is all one sided rumor.

Last edited:
I think H and M are thinking of themselves, not future Royals...but even if I believed them, I think it’s a lousy plan and I don’t see many, if any, Royals following in their footsteps.

I give them more credit. I think they do see this as the way forward for royals. And I do think it was time for change. Harry forced that. So moving forward...

I agree that they will fail to balance public attention and the privacy they want. For one reason. They can't control the attention of others because it literally resides in the heads of "the public." PR folk will speak to managing the brand, but there are always things that have a life of their own. The best they can do is set up rules for how they will face out to that public.

JMO, but William was less willing to throw the baby out with the bath water to bring about change in the monarchy, He is willing to wait for the change his Dad works and then has a plan the change he himself will bring. Harry was not willing to wait those decades. And I think that Harry's impatience/Will's patience was part of the origin of their spat. A kind of "if you are not with me, you are against me" thing that one sees so often in families.

Again, I think this will look and be so very different in ten years.

They did a remarkably poor job of being “trailblazers” imo. What a dreadful approach.

Anyway- the plan they presented was to step back, not step out. How are they a model for anything- except for how NOT to go about doing something?

I have to admit that I half-read, half-scanned the article because my eyes couldn’t deal with the idea of “influencers” anymore....

I do think that guy is right, though - Harry is not Obama; he’s playing on his family name, not on any accomplishments of his own. After some time, will people even think of them as Royal?

I think Harry will always be seen as royal. It’s his whole life- and a very public one at that. Meghan- maybe not.

They’ll both be playing on the family name. It’s the only reason anyone knows who they are.

Oh yes, I listened to it and had an amazing time laughing - I honestly can't take him seriously :lol:

As far as the other part of your post go, I hope all the royals in the future will look at Meghan and Harry and see what they shouldn't do. Also, I'm not sure why they felt like they need to do it, when we have Princess Madeleine, who - IMHO - dealt with similar transition much, much, much better.

I think I already said that, don't remember if here or someplace else, but no initiative that the Cambridges support is about going to the media to air your dirty laundry. We do not know the whole situation - they might've offered the full extent of their support in private, which is what (should) matter the most - and they even made it known they support Harry and Meghan by the statement from William. And then Meghan and Harry in their engagement interview mentioned that Catherine had been great. Not to meniton, what really should they say? "Please stop writing mean articles about Harry and Meghan, because they're feeling bad"?

Yes. I was just thinking Harry and Meghan are a great model of what not to do. Just look at what they did- and do the opposite.,And Madeline is a great example of what to do.

ICAM- what were they- or anyone in the BRF- supposed to publicly say - please stop being mean? That would be a full time job for the press office once that got extended to everyone in the family who got criticized unfairly.

I think Harry will always be seen as royal. It’s his whole life- and a very public one at that. Meghan- maybe not.

They’ll both be playing on the family name. It’s the only reason anyone knows who they are.

Yes. I was just thinking Harry and Meghan are a great model of what not to do. Just look at what they did- and do the opposite.,And Madeline is a great example of what to do.

ICAM- what were they- or anyone in the BRF- supposed to publicly say - please stop being mean? That would be a full time job for the press office once that got extended to everyone in the family who got criticized unfairly.

Maybe he needs permission from the monarch to leave the UK ? I know some monarchies like Sweden require that of the heir by law (even for short trips), but I don't know if that is the case also in the UK. In any case, that woudn't be a problem either.

No, it definitely wouldn’t be a problem. I thought the article pointed out - which was the main thrust of the article - that Canada needs to keep its independence from the Monarchy, so Harry and Meghan ought not to be allowed to move there without going through the same channels that ordinary people do. The journalist used Charles as an example of someone who couldn’t just pop on by without getting permission. I can’t find the article, though, so I admit that I could be wrong; perhaps it was an opinion piece. In any case, I’m glad to hear that my worries were for nothing...

I give them more credit. I think they do see this as the way forward for royals. And I do think it was time for change. Harry forced that. So moving forward...

I agree that they will fail to balance public attention and the privacy they want. For one reason. They can't control the attention of others because it literally resides in the heads of "the public." PR folk will speak to managing the brand, but there are always things that have a life of their own. The best they can do is set up rules for how they will face out to that public.

JMO, but William was less willing to throw the baby out with the bath water to bring about change in the monarchy, He is willing to wait for the change his Dad works and then has a plan the change he himself will bring. Harry was not willing to wait those decades. And I think that Harry's impatience/Will's patience was part of the origin of their spat. A kind of "if you are not with me, you are against me" thing that one sees so often in families.

Again, I think this will look and be so very different in ten years.

I don’t see any need for a change - and I don’t think that Harry and Meghan have forged a new path like they think they have. In the future, if certain Royals don’t want to work so much, I think they’re much more likely to speak to the Queen or King about modifying their schedule instead of taking this bull in a China shop, scorched earth approach.

I’m not sure why you think William intends to change the monarchy - his father doesn’t.

For me, I guess it’s more that they won’t have been performing any Royal engagements, they likely won’t be seen in videos and photos that are transmitted around the world, etc. Harry will always be a prince, so in that sense, yes, he’ll always be Royal, but I don’t think even he will be able to capitalize on his Royalty after a significant time away. People who are wealthy enough to be investors in many commercial ventures didn’t get wealthy by being stupid - at some point Harry and Meghan are going to have to show that they know what they’re doing

Dr. Jane Goodall spoke to BBCRadio4 today and touched on the Sussexes’ news:

“Well it doesn’t surprise me, having met them both. I know that Prince Harry really felt constrained and he desperately wants little Archie to grow up away from all the pomp and royalty, I know that.”

I think from here on out, I'm going to sit back (got the cold ones stocked up again) and watch what develops.

What I'm hoping is that what we'll see in the future is a balance. H&M returning to the UK and still actively supporting and participating in their personal endeavors and also spending time with Harry's family. How they go forward with their own foundation (whatever it may be called) and their commercial ventures is yet to be determine but I do wish them the best of luck with it all and life balances out for all of the Sussex family.

Change is never easy and it can be trial and error to balance everything out and move forward. All things in good time. ?

On a side note what would be the nationality of any baby born in Canada? British? Canadian? I was always fascinated by the conspiracy theory surrounding Obama being born in Kenya - not because I thought it was true but I thought what difference would it make if it were? He'd still be American. Wouldn't he? Isn't the baby born from a mother who is a US citizen and a father who is from another country still a US citizen no matter where he was born?

Sorry for the ramble - snowed in today and bored.
If a child is born in Canada it is automatically Canadian. Getting UK and USA passports would be easy as the parents are citizens. I know all 3 countries allow dual citizenship, but I don't know if they allow 3.

When Princess Margriet of the Netherlands was born in Canada during the war, the government had to declare the hospital non-Canadian territory for the birth so that she wouldn't be a Canadian citizen.

If Harry wants to make money, he and Meg will have to work at it.. it doesn't just grow on trees and harry likely does not know that. He will be busy with that, and while he may visit the UK he wont be here all that often I would say and his patronages will jut see him occasionally.

If Harry wants to make money, he and Meg will have to work at it.. it doesn't just grow on trees and harry likely does not know that. He will be busy with that, and while he may visit the UK he wont be here all that often I would say and his patronages will jut see him occasionally.

Why do you think Harry is stupid? Of course, he knows money doesn't grow on trees. He had a 'regular' job in the military and that is actually where he thrived. He has also shown he isn't afraid of work putting a lot of effort and energy into whole scale projects.
I don’t see any need for a change - and I don’t think that Harry and Meghan have forged a new path like they think they have. In the future, if certain Royals don’t want to work so much, I think they’re much more likely to speak to the Queen or King about modifying their schedule instead of taking this bull in a China shop, scorched earth approach.

I’m not sure why you think William intends to change the monarchy - his father doesn’t.

Was it really 'a bull in a China shop' the Queen even admitted that talks had been ongoing for months (not days or weeks)? However, Harry stopped playing their games when the palace leaked the plans and then Harry was blocked seeing the Queen (per royal reporters). He took his story, his life, his family's life into his own hands....as they were just dragging him along.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom