The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

So all Daily Mail articles are now factual? Good to know...

I think a lot of these reaction is quite fascinating. No one has any idea what went down behind closed doors.

I don't think anyone in this situation is a victim or the villain. They ALL played a role in this happening and frankly I don't think anyone was all that surprised it happened. How it happened? Maybe but it actually occurring? Nah.

Now it has been semi hatched out with the final details coming. Everyone is trying to move on and continue their lives. We have been engagements with the other royals and things announced.

People should be mindful of just spewing any ol' thing because one day the truth just might come out and if it does I would almost guess that those we think are "innocent" are never as innocent as people want to see them as. That goes for anyone and everyone.

So the best thing for all is just to push forward. Seems to be the goal of the BRF now.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Wants to be embraced by her Community' ?
This is SO funny..Community takes YEARS to build.. flitting from one luxurious place to place to another [generally those provided by the gullible] for a couple of years MAX, does not 'a community build'...It requires commitment, and few can see any evidence of that in the history of her life..

She swan's in, briefly embraces the 'unfortunate' [and the camera] before taking off to somewhere more congenial. For the moment she thinks its Canada.. but.. where next ?

Old 01-16-2020, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So all Daily Mail articles are now factual? Good to know...

I don’t think anyone is saying that. Just that parts of it could be true based on things she’s said in the past, current actions, etc.

And that article could also be total garbage.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:24 PM
Commoner

If the rumours and talk turn out to be true and she doesn’t ever return to the U.K. for any meaningful length of time I don’t think I could support her and Harry keeping their titles. Whilst this is definitely a controversial thing to say, my thoughts are why have British titles and the privileges that come with them if you don’t actually spend any proper time in Britain? What does this mean for her British citizenship? Will she even become one now?
I also makes me feel even more uneasy that Frogmore cottage will be empty for the vast part of the year after all the renovation work on it.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarinya View Post
If the rumours and talk turn out to be true and she doesn’t ever return to the U.K. for any meaningful length of time I don’t think I could support her and Harry keeping their titles. Whilst this is definitely a controversial thing to say, my thoughts are why have British titles and the privileges that come with them if you don’t actually spend any proper time in Britain? What does this mean for her British citizenship? Will she even become one now?
I also makes me feel even more uneasy that Frogmore cottage will be empty for the vast part of the year after all the renovation work on it.
I don't think she will ever reappear in work terms. Maybe at family events. Someone else will live at Frogmore. There is Beatrice and one day the Cambridges. It would be best for Harry to move back to that Kensington cottage when he is working.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Frogmore Cottage staff has been made redundant:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-Canada.html
Old 01-16-2020, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
sorry where does she intend to make the surprise visits to? The UK? Canada? California?
If the article is to be believed, to organizations and charities. Apparently she wants to be “embraced by her community.”
Old 01-16-2020, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

To be fair it seems they have been moved to other posts within the Household and ad-hoc staff have been told they will no longer be required, it sounds like no-one has lost their jobs but possibly only because HM and the Household have stepped in
Old 01-16-2020, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post

If true, that's unambiguous. No need for staff if no one is going to be living there. They won't be jetting back and forth every month.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Yeah, I don’t think they’re coming back ..if they do, I suppose they could find a place to stay, lol
Old 01-16-2020, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I don’t think anyone is saying that. Just that parts of it could be true based on things she’s said in the past, current actions, etc.

And that article could also be total garbage.
Exactly. No one anywhere said that all DM articles should be accepted as fact. But often where there’s smoke there’s fire and this does sound very Meghan-esque so could be all or partially true. Or not. But if it is then these “friends” are doing her no favors by blabbing to the tabloids that she claims to hate.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
According to gov.uk, anyone applying for citizenship 'should not have spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months'. If she has not yet submitted her formal application (she cannot apply until she has been in the UK for 3 years), and stays away for more than 90 days, her accumulated UK residency time will lapse, and she will have to start all over again.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Frogmore Cottage staff has been made redundant
Such a lovely present for the New Year...
Old 01-16-2020, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

Quote:

So, yet again, not factually accurate. They’re not being made redundant, they’re moving location to another palace by the sounds of it. It also has no concrete proof as to why.

I’ll keep saying this, it’s inaccurate comments and reporting that starts endless nonsense comments which eventually gets threads shut down and cleaned.

I wish we could stick to facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Such a lovely present for the New Year...

Except they haven’t been made redundant and still have a job so the sarcasm, wasn’t necessary.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Well, if this if true, she may have wanted her friends to speak for her. I believe they’ve done so before. She’s saying it’s a toxic environment- that’s her defense for this mess. It’s probably the excuse for the horrible way this has been handled. She “couldn’t” wait to do this properly.

That said- a part of me thinks she should speak for herself if that’s actually how she feels, and she wants her incredibly negative feelings publicly known. She can own it. If this is true, of course.

True or not- it sounds over the top to me. Your soul is dying? Life was that hard? Um- okay.

That being said- technically all she’s said publicly is she wants to not be a full time royal. It wouldn’t stun me if the reality is she’s basically or entirely done though. But who knows.

She came back to the U.K. for about 30 seconds- visited the patronages that got blindsided later in the day, moved her dogs to Canada, didn’t bring her son to the U.K. even to see family, and is doing work in Canada.

If I wanted to demonstrate a continued interest in the U.K., I’d have stayed for a bit. At least through negotiations with the family. Maybe actually doing work in the U.K. too. At least make it look like I still cared. Because from an optics POV, looking at her actions- I’d say it appears she doesn’t. Actions speaking louder than words and all. That’s speculation. Maybe she intends to do exactly what she said on the website, but I can’t say it looks that great to me right now.
She looks completely out of control to me, thinking she has set up a parallel court in Vancouver. I think the best solution is simply to ignore her and then she will fade away.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
So, yet again, not factually accurate. They’re not being made redundant, they’re moving location to another palace by the sounds of it. It also has no concrete proof as to why.

I’ll keep saying this, it’s inaccurate comments and reporting that starts endless nonsense comments which eventually gets threads shut down and cleaned.

I wish we could stick to facts.

Except they haven’t been made redundant and still have a job so the sarcasm, wasn’t necessary.
The article says only the permanent members of staff are being moved. Those who work on an ad hoc basis (is that a zero hour contract) have been made redundant. That’s how I’ve read this article.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Courtier

Here's another take, one similar to what many black Americans are feeling.

https://thegrio.com/2020/01/14/how-m...-then-bounced/

Here's an excerpt:
“Look at the reception that Meghan had when she arrived here,” royal biographer Penny Junor said during a recent appearance on CBS This Morning. “We took her to our hearts. The British were thrilled about her marrying into the royal family, and they were thrilled because she was mixed-race. That was one real plus.”

This lie was so bold even the usually tactful Gayle King had to call her out by noting that since-fired BBC Radio host Danny Baker describing the royal baby as a “chimp” because he has a Black mother is actually very decidedly racist.

At this point Junor, who had been doing her best to appear like a harmless and agreeable spokesperson for the British media, began to stutter in visible discomfort. Then she got so confused she accidentally said “coloured people” on-air, a term I suspect pales in comparison to what she calls us in private.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The actual article states they only had two permanent staff members and they have been placed elsewhere. Everyone else were basically part time and will continue to be when they are around and needed.

This from ITV's Chris Ship

"No members of Harry & Meghan staff have been “let go” says a source for the Sussexes, although some have been ‘redeployed’ apparently for “quiet periods”. << Which is presumably what #HarryandMeghan intend things to be (quiet) - going forward ??"

Also the correspondents seem to be under the impression Sussex news is coming tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Here's another take, one similar to what many black Americans are feeling.

https://thegrio.com/2020/01/14/how-m...-then-bounced/

Here's an excerpt:
“Look at the reception that Meghan had when she arrived here,” royal biographer Penny Junor said during a recent appearance on CBS This Morning. “We took her to our hearts. The British were thrilled about her marrying into the royal family, and they were thrilled because she was mixed-race. That was one real plus.”

This lie was so bold even the usually tactful Gayle King had to call her out by noting that since-fired BBC Radio host Danny Baker describing the royal baby as a “chimp” because he has a Black mother is actually very decidedly racist.

At this point Junor, who had been doing her best to appear like a harmless and agreeable spokesperson for the British media, began to stutter in visible discomfort. Then she got so confused she accidentally said “coloured people” on-air, a term I suspect pales in comparison to what she calls us in private.
Thanks for the link - it's interesting to read the perspective from African Americans.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The article says only the permanent members of staff are being moved. Those who work on an ad hoc basis (is that a zero hour contract) have been made redundant. That’s how I’ve read this article.

They’ll be no zero hour contracts in that household. The article then goes on to say that “other sources” say no one is being made redundant from their skeleton staff. So the article contradicts itself with its sources...