The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

I think something is going on with titles. The use of Harry and Meghan and Sussexes isnít like the Queen. Iíve always been baffled by Archieís lack of curtsey title given he will eventually inherit a title from his dad. Maybe it has something to do with that? Edwardís kids may not have HRH but they do have titles.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRoyalist View Post
I

Iím frustrated that everyone feels the need to drag the rest of the family because Meghan has had a hard time adjusting to the media attention brutality and because she didnít get to be royal on her terms. Honestly, itís Harryís fault. Itís obvious he didnít explain weíll enough what being royal really was. Itís obvious that she didnít get to enough time to get used to the UK, itís culture, itís people and that she hasnít gotten things they way she envisioned them. Itís also obvious that Harry is a bit of a spoiled brat. He hasnít had to really deal with the repercussions of his actions throughout his life and that he can be selfish and childish and unrealistic. Also, neither of them is very pragmatic or realistic because they both seemed to think this is the method necessary to get the life they want. Between the two of them, neither thinks things through nor keeps a very steady head. They both come off to mean as overly emotional, petty, childish and unstable.

And other than maybe two times, when did Harry speak out against all the hate and brutality that Kate got especially when her and William were dating or even after other than to say it was horrible and sad or something vague and useless.
That is exactly how they are coming off to many. I have never seen Harry behave this way (prior to Meghan) , so i must have missed his behavior previously. It's all quite disturbing.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I think something is going on with titles. The use of Harry and Meghan and Sussexes isnít like the Queen. Iíve always been baffled by Archieís lack of curtsey title given he will eventually inherit a title from his dad. Maybe it has something to do with that? Edwardís kids may not have HRH but they do have titles.
The lack of courtesy title for Archie is because his parents wished him to grow up as a private citizen. What they hadn't perhaps taken into account is that as no LPs were issued, when Charles becomes King, Archie is automatically a Prince and is entitled to his HRH.

Louise and James' situation is slightly different, as they are entitled to HRHs but are styled as the son and daughter of an Earl. Unlike in Archie's situation, The Queen expressed her will that this should be the case.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM
Gentry

This is the image.

https://twitter.com/bespokespeeches/...08674119958529
Old 01-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Lemon Lyman - I think it has more to do with the illiterate nature of whoever phrased the statement.. 'Family' used repeatedly.. a newbie 'staffer' at a provincial, local Paper could compose a more sophisticated paragraph..
Old 01-13-2020, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^ I think it has more to do with the illiterate nature of whoever phrased the statement.. 'Family' used repeatedly.. a newbie 'staffer' at a provincial, local Paper could compose a more sophisticated paragraph..
I don't think any statement by the Queen would be written by a "staffer"
Old 01-13-2020, 04:08 PM

I did think that a lot of the wording in The Queenís statement were very deliberate. My interpretation was that they are transitioning from the UK and will not be allow to be independent and have their own agenda but also remain royals. It seems like their list of demands was rejected. I believe they will now longer be working royals and will eventually live in Canada full-time with some time in the UK. I donít think they will be receiving money from the Duchy as they proposed. I also am sure they will no longer receive taxpayer funded security. I suspect that they will lose the HRH status but Iím not as sure about that.

What does interest me is whether Princess Eugene and Beatrice will be asked to step up to part-time royals. I think William especially will need their support during his reign but also Charles may have to call on them as his siblings age. The Wessexes and Anne will not be enough. Whatís the public opinion on that in the UK?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Emotional statement and too personel even;this is only shiw how Queen felt:hurt..wich is sad
On other note good to hear they are making progress in the Sussex exit discussion..i hope this mess end soon
Old 01-13-2020, 04:10 PM
Courtier

I agree - they said some awful things about Kate and Camilla. And Sarah Ferguson - I know she behaved badly, but she got all that "Duchess of Pork" stuff because she struggled with her weight. Then there was that nasty "sting" with the "fake Sheikh" and Sophie. I'd love to be naturally slim like Kate and Meghan are, but unfortunately a lot of us are not that lucky! Other famous people get it too. The things that were said about David Beckham after the 1998 World Cup were diabolical: someone even hanged an effigy of him from a tree. What about the comments about Brad Pitt leaving Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie? And the things that are written about politicians are even worse. The press can be horrible, but it is nothing to do with racism and it is not personal to Meghan. It goes back years - Princess Margaret used to get all sort of criticism too.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Courtier

It's a sadness or regret that is evident to me in the Queen's announcement, and also that she speaks for the rest of her family who were around the table.
They love Harry and will miss him working with them and living close by.
However exactly the new situation for Harry and Meghan will be worked out the BRF will be understanding, polite and generous.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:23 PM
Courtier

If Meghan is saying she will never return to the UK to live again, then effectively, they have emigrated.

Wonder what she'll do if none of their business ventures pan out?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erable-UK.html
Old 01-13-2020, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
You make valid points. I just said that the party is still thought to be strongly monarchist because the last Conservative PM , Stephen Harper, restored for example the label "Royal" to the Canadian Navy and the Canadian Air Force, among other things.

The UK Home Secretary, who is of Ugandan-Indian (?) descent BTW, categorically denied today accusations of media racism against the Duchess of Sussex. And Piers Morgan accused Meghan of libel against Britain for her insinuations of institutional racism.
I haven't seen much coverage of Meghan that I would consider racist, but I certainly haven't read everything printed, so I'm not denying that there is some. Social media comments have certainly been mean, but they tend to be the home of all sorts of vile trolls.

I do not think that everyone who said something negative about Meghan is racist. I'm sure that some people don't like her because she is American or an actress. You are never going to win over everyone. I do think she could have kept her head down and tried to adapt to life in the UK a bit better. Tall poppies tend to make themselves a target.

It also seems like she spent too much time focusing on what people said about her, which is just plain dangerous. If you drink in all the praise the critism is just going to hurt more.

I think between being small scale famous from her job and the American tendency to walk in like you own the room, it set her up for some people to want to take her down a peg. The sad thing is that it all could have been much different. She is great working a crowd, she married a much loved royal, and she brings a lot of perfect princess skills to the table.

As for that last bit about Piers Morgan...He has an ax to grind with Meghan and has been completely vile to her. If Harry ever sees him in person he would be perfectly justified in punching him in the face. (Meghan would too, I just don't think she would.)
Old 01-13-2020, 04:26 PM
Courtier

People are a bit to happy over things based on nothing but rumours. For a bunch of people always saying no one should believe the gutter press and not take the rest at face value, they’re awfully happy believing them now.

I’ve been thinking about the timeline and their break in Canada. A lot of people seem to assume H&M just decided to make a wish list during their foray in Canada and decided to publish when they didn’t get what they wanted.
I think the wish list isn’t so much a wish list but more a list of things they discussed with the Queen and Prince Charles before Canada. When in Canada they decided to start on a website which was released early when things were leaked. We know discussions were in early stages (BP said so) and it makes sense because you can’t leak things that haven’t been discussed yet. And define early... could be a week, a month, 6 months. Early stages is such an odd term.

I do however question their wisdom in releasing the website and them leaving Archie in Canada, but there might be reasons for that we don’t know about.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

I'm hoping with the release of the Queen's statement today that things settle down for all members of that family.

for everyone who hasn't read it...
https://www.royal.uk/statement-her-majesty-queen
Old 01-13-2020, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
People are a bit to happy over things based on nothing but rumours. For a bunch of people always saying no one should believe the gutter press and not take the rest at face value, theyíre awfully happy believing them now.

Iíve been thinking about the timeline and their break in Canada. A lot of people seem to assume H&M just decided to make a wish list during their foray in Canada and decided to publish when they didnít get what they wanted.
I think the wish list isnít so much a wish list but more a list of things they discussed with the Queen and Prince Charles before Canada. When in Canada they decided to start on a website which was released early when things were leaked. We know discussions were in early stages (BP said so) and it makes sense because you canít leak things that havenít been discussed yet. And define early... could be a week, a month, 6 months. Early stages is such an odd term.

I do however question their wisdom in releasing the website and them leaving Archie in Canada, but there might be reasons for that we donít know about.

I don't have a problem with them leaving Archie in Canada. It's no different than The Cambridges going on tours and leaving their kids home with nannies/family.

I don't agree with them releasing the website early, they should of waited for The Queen and coordinated things.

I do think this has been being discussed awhile. I wonder if they were hoping things would settle down while they were gone and the Sussexes would reconsider pulling back.

I do not understand ppl now wanting to take the word of tabloids/reporters as truth. That is a mystery to me.

LaRae
Old 01-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRoyalist View Post
I would never say Meghan had it easy but I have followed Kate from the time it was revealed she was dating William until now. I remember when Camilla and Charles got married and the things said about her though I’m too young for the years they dated. Honestly, I’m tired of everyone forgetting how hard the tabloids where for them. I’m also tired of everyone forgetting the statement William released in support of Meghan when she and Harry were dating or how Harry and Meghan said themselves the Kate was a great source of support for Meghan and for them both. Or that Prince Charles walked Meghan done the aisle when her father wasn’t there. I remember Camilla referring to her as ‘a Star’ and how highly everyone spoke of her on the family. I remember Mike Tindall talking about how they all kept in contact, I remember Meghan giving Kate a bracelet just like her other close friends on her wedding day.

I’m frustrated that everyone feels the need to drag the rest of the family because Meghan has had a hard time adjusting to the media attention brutality and because she didn’t get to be royal on her terms. Honestly, it’s Harry’s fault. It’s obvious he didn’t explain we’ll enough what being royal really was. It’s obvious that she didn’t get to enough time to get used to the UK, it’s culture, it’s people and that she hasn’t gotten things they way she envisioned them. It’s also obvious that Harry is a bit of a spoiled brat. He hasn’t had to really deal with the repercussions of his actions throughout his life and that he can be selfish and childish and unrealistic. Also, neither of them is very pragmatic or realistic because they both seemed to think this is the method necessary to get the life they want. Between the two of them, neither thinks things through nor keeps a very steady head. They both come off to mean as overly emotional, petty, childish and unstable.

And other than maybe two times, when did Harry speak out against all the hate and brutality that Kate got especially when her and William were dating or even after other than to say it was horrible and sad or something vague and useless.
Harry has spoken kindly of Catherine over the years, looked after her and was even with her when she met the Queen for the first time....William was off to a wedding or somewhere else.

It is easy for people who are sitting on the couch not getting abused to say the abused person is overly emotional, petty, childish and unstable because you aren't the one feeling the pain. It is never emotional, petty, childish or unstable to stand up for yourself if you are getting bullied in private or in the media. And no one should have to just get use to it.

The vitriol spewed at Meghan which has been occurring for well over a year was horrible and had racial components to it....something Catherine never had to deal with. But again the Palace (CH, KP or BP) spoke up about simple things such as botox, hair extensions but they couldn't/wouldn't say anything about their (great) grandson, nephew being portrayed as a monkey.

Meanwhile, Meghan was out there doing everything they asked of her 3 tours... 2 while pregnant and 1 with an infant. Helping out UK/Commonwealth people and businesses with her projects. They lived (live) in the smallest of all the royal homes, had the lowest renovation cost and yet the media and those that dislike them always complained about how much they were spending. They complained about the cost of clothes that Meghan owned before she became a royal. The media tried to sabotage her projects (Hubb & Vogue projects) condemned her for eating avocado (when Catherine did something similar is was to cure morning sickness. They called Meghan vulgar for wearing a one-shoulder dress... and not less than a month later Catherine did the same and was praised for it. Catherine never had to put up with being shamed fairly often on a morning show because she didn't want to have drinks with the host. Said host told her to "go back to America" if she isn't happy now he's ranting because she did just that...technically.

The list goes on and on and these are just the things we as fans/the public know about. Even now Meghan is getting blamed for the Sussexes leaving and some even saying she manipulated Harry even though he has stated a few times since 2007 how he wanted to leave the family business but stayed because of his grandmother. Well, he has a child of his own (and a wife) that he needs to put first and didn't want to raise his family in that mess and who could blame him it was horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't have a problem with them leaving Archie in Canada. It's no different than The Cambridges going on tours and leaving their kids home with nannies/family.

I don't agree with them releasing the website early, they should of waited for The Queen and coordinated things.

I do think this has been being discussed awhile. I wonder if they were hoping things would settle down while they were gone and the Sussexes would reconsider pulling back.

I do not understand ppl now wanting to take the word of tabloids/reporters as truth. That is a mystery to me.
I don't think they intended to release the website so soon, but they were warned that the Sun was going to publish the story and they weren't getting far with the Queen & heirs and at some point had to take control of their own lives and story. Part of the problem is that the monarchy is slow (in some cases too slow) to react and is often reactive instead of being proactive.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:

LaRae
IMO . In my mind leaving Archie in Canada indicated that at least one of them intended returning very quickly. Which as I have said before makes me doubt the leak forcing their hand. Dan Wotton said on the tv last night that he approached the Sussex office on 28th December to tell them that he had the story . He also denied a leak from any of the palaces.
Courtier

Quote:

LaRae
I neither agree nor disagree, I just think it gives people an extra reason not to trust them and think theyíll ďflee to Canada and go on talkshowsĒ.

And yes I think they should have waited with the website. The Sun leaking this, so what. Let it happen. Itís not like it never happened before.
Nobility

Well said, BaiSoSo!
Old 01-13-2020, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

HM's statement seemed unusually personal - I've never read such an intimate royal announcement. It's very easy to see that the BRF are unsettled by Harry and Meghan's decision and HM also gives the hint in her statement that she didn't expect the announcement.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread