The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was overdue, it is clearly down to the Sussexes not claiming the title for the children.

I agree, if this had been discussed after the death of the Queen then it is H and M who have decided on the timing. I just think it shows that what she said in the Oprah interview was wrong, they were not entitled until Charles became King. All those posters on here who tried to say that have been proved correct.

They decided the timing of the reveal to the public. How they use or do not use them in the future will determine our opinion of them.
I know people think they have won, not sure what there is to win, but I think it shows their true nature.

Changing the website would not have been a breach of any kind. Not changing it was an active decision that caused a lot of confusion as for the Waleses all changes in titles were immediately made.

Changing the website would not have been a breach of any kind. Not changing it was an active decision that caused a lot of confusion as for the Waleses all changes in titles were immediately made.

I am sorry but I think we need to agree to disagree on this point, by changing the website it basically made an announcement. We are not privy to the private conversations, what was discussed or agreed.

The only people bothered were on social media, nobody else really cared. It didn't cause confusion as far as I am concerned because I knew that unless Charles actively made changes the children had the titles whether they were used or not or announced or not.

Last edited:
yes of course they had the titles, but Charles probalby held off announcing anything because whatever he did would probalby provoke some negative response from H and Megan.

The scenario that makes sense to me is that during the discussion with Harry following HMQ's funeral, Charles acknowledged the children's princely status. However, Harry had previously stated that Archie would be known as plain Archie Mountbatten-Windsor so it was up to him to signal any amendments to how he (and Lilibet) should be known. That signal came last week when the Sussexes referred to Lilibet as Princess Lilibet Diana and the website was amended soon afterwards, probably after a request from BP to Harry for confirmation.

The reason the palace never commented is that it was up to H&M to decide how they want their kids to be addressed. We need to remember that when Archie was born, he was entitled to use Harry's Earldom but the couple had announced that he would not use it.
(I now think they actually wanted a Prince title but when they were told he doesnt currently qualify to get it, they threw a little fit). Had the children been using titles from birth, their change in titles would have been done automatically by the palace. The problem was that they were not using titles at all even though they had them.

H&M have made it clear they dont want the palace communications team to speak on their behalf, so there would be no announcement unless it came from them.

The delay in H&M making the announcement in my view, had a lot to do with timing. They had the Netflix doc & book coming it & making that announcement prior to attacking the Film would have been a dumb move.
Making the announcement now, before the corronation make me believe that the is a good chance they will be attending. Birthright & all

Last edited:
So from what I understand The children now have the Prince-Princess Titles, WITHOUT the prestigious HRH. Interesting, so does that mean they are NOT entitled ( especially when older) to the little head bows or cursty, when visiting The UK ?

I find all these little intricacies surrounding this latest development so interesting. Same as now, I wonder *IF* The Sussex's attend the Coronation will they want 4 year old Archie to accompany them there for at least part of the ceremony.

They have the HRH, it is just not going to be used. The same way with Harry and Meghan.

I totally agree with your comments relating to her Dad. She (self confessed) had a great father who was very good to her growing up but he made a couple of blunders, which don't seem to have been malicious, and for which he apologised for and he gets cut off....forever! Yes he has spoken about her to the media since but that wasn't why he was cut off in the first place and I think he did it out of frustration. Harry, on the other hand, claims that his relationship with his Dad was never good and that his family consistently briefed against him and Meghan out of pure vindictiveness, yet H and M still want to have a relationship with them, apparently. Also, as you say, they have told the press so many personal details and negative stories about the BRF but get angry when they get blanked by them in the same way that they blank Thomas Markle. Is anyone else confused or is it just me?

I think they would have forgiven Thomas Markle. But it is another view when you consider Mr. Markle's environment. From what I remember of their engagement time is that they tried to get him out of the limelight and set him up comfortable but discreet. Then came her half-sister Samantha and advised him on searching the public. From then on they showed him that he could be "theirs" on being quiet or Samantha's on coming forward with all sorts of claims that were unkind.That ended their relationship with him. Meghan is a hard mistress to please. Harry is IMHO much softer. But both are still in awe for the "crown" of Britain. Proud of their relation to it, but it's difficult for them to distinguish between. "Papa" and the King and "Brother Willie" and The Prince of Wales. With Thomas Marle it was easy: take Samantha's side and you are out.

Thomas Sr literally wished harm to come to Harry. You can say a lot about the Sussexes but I never seen them utter such things about anyone. Also Meghan said Harry is to decide what relationship he wants with his family. She hasn't talked about any desire to have one. That is his choice as it was hers regarding the Markles.

On one of his many web interviews he was making the rounds doing. He said he wanted to beat him up and didn't care if he "went away forever" with a chuckle. He also talked trash about Doria. Basically said Meghan is a [insert derogatory word] now because her "Doria side is now coming out." Now Thomas Jr and Samantha have taken up. Meghan doesn't talk to or about these people. I don't see that ever changing.

No probalby not. I haven't heard any of this from Mr Markle, has he got a book out that he's talking about his son in law and daughter?

ACO, I have a different understanding of the HRH distinction for The Sussex children. They don't have it.

Harry and Meghan's HRH Title went into abeyance went they stepped down from Royal Duties. Since Archie and Lili became Prince-Princess upon Charles becoming King, BUT their Parents didn't have HRH themselves when that happened, the children won't be receiving the coveted HRH.

Last edited:
No probalby not. I haven't heard any of this from Mr Markle, has he got a book out that he's talking about his son in law and daughter?

Not yet, Give him time. The Markles are planning a documentary according to Samantha. So plenty more to come. ;)

ACO, I have a different understanding of the HRH distinction for The Sussex children. They don't have it.

Harry and Meghan HRH Title went into abeyance went they stepped down from Royal Duties. Since Archie and Lili became Prince-Princess upon Charles becoming King, BUT their Parents didn't have HRH themselves when that happened, the children won't be receiving the coveted HRH.

Being in abeyance doesn't mean they don't have it. They are not being used. But maybe you are right? I haven't seen this confirmed, but I guess this will be another thing that might be asked about until it is. Either way they won't be using it anyways.

Last edited:
Actually this is incorrect. The LP was issued on August 21, 1996. One week BEFORE Charles and Diana's divorce became final on August 28, 1996.

That being said, there's no doubt the letters patent were issued as a result of the negotiations involved in the divorce process which had been settled some six weeks earlier; but the divorce decree became final and absolute and the marriage was thereby dissolved on August 28th.

It is true that Sarah lost her HRH on August 21, 1996 when the LP was issued and she had been HRH up to that point even after her divorce on May 30, 1996. But Diana remained HRH for another week until her divorce became final and then the (week old) LP applied to her as well.

Now I see why they are called The Firm. This is as convoluted as an office form.

Harry and Meghan's HRH Title went into abeyance went they stepped down from Royal Duties. Since Archie and Lili became Prince-Princess upon Charles becoming King, BUT their Parents didn't have HRH themselves when that happened, the children won't be receiving the coveted HRH.

[.....]
Jokes aside, now I'm convinced that they will all attend the Crowning. They got what they wanted for the kids, which is now all over the USA news as if it was an achievement for the country over the UK. Forgive me, but last time I checked we were still a republic and yet, the Prince and Princess of Sussex x 2 has revived interest in Meghan. Not so much in Harry from what we see on the covers and headlines, in Meghan. In the USA news, she's the one driving this car after all.

Let's hope we have a nice tiara party before or after the coronation and my new concern is if Meghan will borrow one from the royal collection or can they buy one fresh from the shop. They are rich now. I have the feeling the ballroom dress and coronation week clothes set for Meghan is in the making or purchased already. Be ready for Met Gala meets the Palace.

Last edited by a moderator:

I tend to believe that they will not have HRH especially if they and their parents spend the majority of their lives in the U.S.

I just think it shows that what she said in the Oprah interview was wrong, they were not entitled until Charles became King. All those posters on here who tried to say that have been proved correct.

Not wrong, being (again) a LIE!

I tend to believe that they will not have HRH especially if they and their parents spend the majority of their lives in the U.S.

Makes sense to me. I don’t think they will ever have it. And that seems appropriate given both their residence and distance from the crown.

It’s really too bad that the Sussexes title wasn’t created for their lifetime. I realize this isn’t a meritocracy, but if there was someone (recently anyway) who didn’t deserve to get to pass a title down, it’s Harry imo.

Thomas Sr literally wished harm to come to Harry. You can say a lot about the Sussexes but I never seen them utter such things about anyone. Also Meghan said Harry is to decide what relationship he wants with his family. She hasn't talked about any desire to have one. That is his choice as it was hers regarding the Markles.

In his book, Harry talked about his military training and mentioned how he targeted Charles’ car during one of his simulated air strike exercises. So I’d say that’s just as harsh as anything Thomas Markle has said.

I totally agree with your comments relating to her Dad. She (self confessed) had a great father who was very good to her growing up but he made a couple of blunders, which don't seem to have been malicious, and for which he apologised for and he gets cut off....forever! Yes he has spoken about her to the media since but that wasn't why he was cut off in the first place and I think he did it out of frustration. Harry, on the other hand, claims that his relationship with his Dad was never good and that his family consistently briefed against him and Meghan out of pure vindictiveness, yet H and M still want to have a relationship with them, apparently. Also, as you say, they have told the press so many personal details and negative stories about the BRF but get angry when they get blanked by them in the same way that they blank Thomas Markle. Is anyone else confused or is it just me?

Nope, it’s not just you. Harry and Meghan claim the royals made their lives hell. They say it was so bad they literally had to flee the country. Yet, they still want to have a relationship with them and still want their children to know them. They still want the titles and the invitation to royal events. Meanwhile they refuse to even speak to Thomas Markle.

I completely agree that The Sussex's will attend The Coronation. The "delicate dance" will be HOW the logistics of them appearing at Westminster Abbey will be worked out. Where will they sit ? Where will they be in the entering and leaving procession ? Separate car, or the dreaded Bus with other extended Family Members.

How many Formal Galas and Events will the Sussex's be invited too ? I believe The Balcony is OUT for them. Which makes me sad for other members of the extended Family like Zara, Beatrice or lovely Lady Sara Chatto. In order to placate "the elephants in the room", The Sussex's and Andrew, it will probably just be The Working Royals lineup.

I pity the poor team tasked with formulating this Plan. I get a headache just thinking about how difficult it must be to deal with the possibility of the demands and foot stomping by the Sussex's if they don't feel they are being treated to THEIR proper place in the Hierarchy and Institution they claim to loathe.

Last edited:
In his book, Harry talked about his military training and mentioned how he targeted Charles’ car during one of his simulated air strike exercises. So I’d say that’s just as harsh as anything Thomas Markle has said.

Nope, it’s not just you. Harry and Meghan claim the royals made their lives hell. They say it was so bad they literally had to flee the country. Yet, they still want to have a relationship with them and still want their children to know them. They still want the titles and the invitation to royal events. Meanwhile they refuse to even speak to Thomas Markle.

Now that's dark. Meghan is passive aggressive on her victimhood interviews. But Harry pretending to hurt his father in an act of violence, and writing about it, is very disturbing. :eek:

I completely agree that The Sussex's will attend The Coronation. The "delicate dance" will be HOW the logistics of them appearing at Westminster Abbey will be worked out. Where will they sit ? Where will they be in the entering and leaving procession ? Separate car or the dreaded Bus with other extended Family Members.

How many Formal Galas and Events will the Sussex's be invited too? I believe The Balcony is OUT for them...

I hope they, and Andrew, are not at the Balcony. It would be a disaster that would have King Charles trashed by every news form in the UK as being a puppet of his second son and his wife's shenanigans in the USA. Meghan, Harry, Andrew will have the crowd boo Charles to shame and put a curse on his coronation.

And if he's smart, not to allow the Sussexes to be in the room that access the window. Harry would do one of his challenges toward his father and walk in on the back to be right behind him and get the crowd enraged. He seems immature enough to pull that stunt

Last edited:

I haven't read his book but knowing Harry's mindset back then, I am not all that surprised but also know he didn't actually want physical harm to come to his family. Even as messed up as what you just said he wrote about thinking a decade+ ago. That said Charles would have been right to be furious. Just like Meghan does now.

Thomas Markle has repeated spoke of violence toward Harry in some way or another as recently as last year. He even want on TV and said he wanted to challenge him to a duel. Harry also has zero relationship with Thomas. They never even met which also says quite a lot considering we know Harry met most people close to Meghan as they were dating. So there is more going on with the Markles relationship. My guess a big one being Thomas Sr means Samantha and Thomas Jr too. How is that lawsuit going btw?

And also Meghan not saying much of the royals, if anything at all. It is ALL Harry as it should be because those are his relationships to fix or not. He taking the lead and I believe most of this really him and his internal conflict of walking away from his monarchist upbringing while also being overly frustrated with the institution vs family. He wants to separate the two when they are one in the same.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

I completely agree that The Sussex's will attend The Coronation. The "delicate dance" will be HOW the logistics of them appearing at Westminster Abbey will be worked out. Where will they sit ? Where will they be in the entering and leaving procession ? Separate car or the dreaded Bus with other extended Family Members.

How many Formal Galas and Events will the Sussex's be invited too ? I believe The Balcony is OUT for them. Which makes me sad for other members of the extended Family like Zara, Beatrice or lovely Lady Sara Chatto. In order to placate "the elephants in the room" The Sussex's and Andrew, it will probably just be The Working Royals lineup.

I pity the poor team tasked with formulating this Plan. I get a headache just thinking about how difficult it must be to deal with the possibility of the demands and foot stomping by the Sussex's if they don't feel they are being treated to THEIR proper place in the Hierarchy and Institution they claim to loathe.

I’m pretty sure they will attend. They wouldn’t miss an opportunity to remind the world they’re royals. Similar to deciding to use Prince/ess for their American kids, acquired from an institution they’ve done nothing but whine about for 3 plus years.

If I were to guess, I’d say their treatment will be similar to the Jubilee. Minimal participation and involvement. Treated as the non working royals they are. I feel for the people stuck dealing with the Sussexes too regarding arrangements, given how status conscious and entitled these supposedly progressive and informal people are. (Only not.)

And IIRC- they were supposed to take the bus for that, threw a fit and didn’t. (I don’t want to go OT, but if you’ve ever seen a video of their reactions to the seating arrangement at the jubilee, it’s priceless. They obviously didn’t realize they weren’t getting to sit with senior royals imo.)

Last edited:

That's because unlike Charles and the BRF, Thomas doesn't have anything that can elevate H&M in terms of money and social status.

I completely agree that The Sussex's will attend The Coronation. The "delicate dance" will be HOW the logistics of them appearing at Westminster Abbey will be worked out. Where will they sit ? Where will they be in the entering and leaving procession ? Separate car, or the dreaded Bus with other extended Family Members.

How many Formal Galas and Events will the Sussex's be invited too ? I believe The Balcony is OUT for them. Which makes me sad for other members of the extended Family like Zara, Beatrice or lovely Lady Sara Chatto. In order to placate "the elephants in the room" The Sussex's and Andrew, it will probably just be The Working Royals lineup.

I would imagine it will just like the Jubliee. They were invited to just about all the events according the the royal press but they decided to not attend most the festivities. It would have been fine as well since all the family and their kids were involved, but they declined. I can see similar things occurring.

As for placements? My guess it will be closer to how things were arranged during the funeral. Harry was basically treated as the non working son of a King. But who knows. If they were merely just spectators they wouldn't have to work to much around them. So maybe they won't. We shall see.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

Thanks, Tatiana Maria. Well, it's impossible to say what will have happened in 50 years time. Possibly Archie, Lili, and the Royal Family will have mended fences and they will visit the UK on a regular basis or even live there. But unless that happens, then I don't think people will have forgotten the rift or think that Archie and Lili's behavior, good or bad, reflects on the British royals. It seems much more likely that the Sussex children will grow up in California as celebrities' children and have minimal contact with the royals. So I don't think that they will be considered as a real part of the British Royal Family, not in the same way as those who live in the UK and appear at family events.

Not to mention, that in 50 years, Archie Lili, and the Wales children will all be well into middle age and there will be a younger generation getting much of the attention.

Unless something changes, I don’t think Archie and Lili will really be considered/seen as part of the BRF either. I don’t think of their parents that way as it. When I say the BRF/royals, the Sussexes are never intended to be part of that blanket statement. They aren’t working royals, they don’t live in the UK, they almost never visit the UK for anything. They have pointedly separated themselves in words and deeds over and over again- except for whatever perks they cling to (titles, etc).

So- I don’t think Archie or Lili’s behavior- good or bad- will reflect on the wider family. People will see them more as celebrities. Harry and Meghan can call them Prince/ess all day long….won’t change that perception imo.

For the reasons you stated- unless something changes- I don’t think the rift will be forgotten either. Their non presence most of the time is a visible reminder.

I haven't read his book but knowing Harry's mindset back then, I am not all that surprised but also know he didn't actually want physical harm to come to his family. Even as messed up as what you just said he wrote about thinking a decade+ ago. That said Charles would have been right to be furious. Just like Meghan does now.

Thomas Markle has repeated spoke of violence toward Harry in some way or another as recently as last year. He even want on TV and said he wanted to challenge him to a duel. Harry also has zero relationship with Thomas. They never even met which also says quite a lot considering we know Harry met most people close to Meghan as they were dating. So there is more going on with the Markles relationship. My guess a big one being Thomas Sr means Samantha and Thomas Jr too. How is that lawsuit going btw?

And also Meghan not saying much of the royals, if anything at all. It is ALL Harry as it should be because those are his relationships to fix or not. He taking the lead and I believe most of this really him and his internal conflict of walking away from his monarchist upbringing while also being overly frustrated with the institution vs family. He wants to separate the two when they are one in the same.

And maybe Thomas doesn’t want physical harm to come to Meghan and Harry either. I mean, if we’re gonna give Harry a pass, then why doesn’t Thomas get one? Not that I think he deserves one. Thomas and Samantha’s behavior has been terrible and I understand exactly why Meghan doesn't want to be around them. But I will say this, the lawsuits, the tell-alls, the multiple interviews disparaging their families. The Markles and the Sussexes are more alike than they want to admit.

My point isn’t that any of these people should forgive and forget. It’s obvious that these relationships are toxic. So I have no issue with Meghan cutting off her dad, or the royals cutting off the Sussexes. IMO, no one should have to endure an unhealthy and dysfunctional relationship. My issue with all of this is the hypocrisy. The Sussexes want a relationship with the royal family, yet refuse to entertain the idea of having one with Thomas Markle.

Meghan may not be saying much, but her actions show she is fine with having a relationship with the royals. If my husband’s family made racist comments about my child, refused to help when I was suicidal, leaked damaging stories about me to the media and basically treated me like dirt, there is no way I’d want my children to have a relationship with them. There is no way I’d go to royal events and grin and smile in their faces. If Meghan truly had a problem with the royals, she would tell Harry he’s on his own when it comes to family gatherings. She doesn’t have to come to any of these events. She doesn’t have to surround herself with any of his family. Yet she does. She is not being forced to do it. She is choosing to interact with people who according to her, were so horrible they forced her to flee the country.

Now that's dark. Meghan is passive aggressive on her victimhood interviews. But Harry pretending to hurt his father in an act of violence, and writing about it, is very disturbing. :eek:

Agree. It got lost in all of the other discussions about the book, but I always thought that passage was the darkest and one the most telling.

Last edited:
I also wonder that now that the Sussex's have made their boatloads of money and their reputation have certainly taken a surprising hit (to them) , if they don't change their business model and modus opperendi in respect to The Royal Family ?

Their business model HAS been the trashing and cashing in, of The Royal Family. But seeing, the I believe unexpected backlash from fellow Celebrities with scathing pointed mocking and ridiculing of them, I wonder if they will now be more conciliatory? Especially now that THEY have involved their Titled Children as now members of this toxic "Institution", by insisting on them having Prince-Princess designation.

Maybe to keep their OWN and the Kids prestigious associations viable IN FUTURE to The Royal Family they will back off. To keep invites to Royal Ascot, Trooping The Colour, and Balmoral visits open.
Meghan thrives on PR and Press. However, NOTHING she was doing outside of cashing in on her supposed horrible time as a Royal was resonating.

Now that they have the money, I wonder if they don't NOW focus on rehabbing their own image and positioning their kids to claim their "birthright" as quasi members of The Royal Family. Visits and such. In the news. While they can, under Charles anyway. Look to the future. Not that I expect them to go to Sandringham for Christmas, but private visits to Charles. And "showy" Events. Just to keep credible. And visible. Positive coverage.

Of course all documented in the Press. Pictures of Princess Lilibet Diana and Prince Archie arriving at the Tower for a tour in say 8 years or visiting Westminster Abbey. All splashed in Media. Favorable coverage of cute kids finding their heritage !

That I could definitely see happening. The way The Sussex's are operating now has limited shelf life. It is becoming tiresome and boring. I think we are in for ACT ll......

Last edited:

In my honest opinion, it's clear that the Sussexes have some double standards when it comes to family relationships. :ermm::closedeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom