The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a US friend, this is a little random thing,

During the commercials for the Super Bowl, featured photos of Harry and Meghan's wedding and the duo at the Jubilee were shown.

They have become the US celebs they aspired to be

Last edited:
Was this the piece which instigated Noble Knight Harry the Feminist to bravely defend not just Meghan but all women because someone would think this was an acceptable way to treat women?

Runs hollow, given the fact that he treated a disabled women with mockery because she failed to satisfy the preferences of his royal todger and still found it hilarious some 30 years after the fact.

He should have just said it was unacceptable and offensive. Because he isn't the one to talk how women should be treated. But of course, he had to make himself the moral judge. Like with Camilla being "the other woman". Cory, anyone?

IPSO isn’t investigating Harry however but the behaviour of the Sun, a national newspaper, in allowing Clarkson’s disgraceful column to be printed in their newspaper. As for Cory, he has never stated that Harry broke up his relationship with Meghan, which ended in May 2016. What’s more Meghan was unmarried and therefore a free agent, as was Harry, unlike Charles and Camilla.

Yes, and he made them about the DAUGHTER-IN-LAW of the King. Hope Clarkson is not counting on getting a knighthood any time soon.
I don’t believe he cares for a knighthood nor was there any announcement or hints of him getting a knighthood. The prime minister typically informs the monarch of someone receiving honors beforehand, the monarch does not choose who gets an honor or not.

Yes, and he made them about the DAUGHTER-IN-LAW of the King. Hope Clarkson is not counting on getting a knighthood any time soon.

The monarch does not determine who typically receives a knighthood in the UK ie: Sir Paul McCartney. That is the decision of the British Government. The exceptions would be the Knights of the Garter, The Knights of the Thistle and those associated with the Royal Victorian Order. However I don't see Clarkson being a candidate for those honors. ;)

Lots of rando entertainers have been knighted.

Lots of rando entertainers have been knighted.
It has already been established that the monarch doesn’t decide who gets an honor so you can take up the issue of “rando entertainers” as you call them with the government.

Let's move on from the knighthood discussion, and stick to the topic of the thread.

Meghan vs Samantha happened today in court. The hearing to dismiss has concluded and the Judge will be making the decision in coming days. From what I have read it doesn't seem like Samantha has much of a case. Her lawyer even admitted their case was weak but hopes that they deny a dismissal to make it stronger. Interesting.

Anyways more can be found here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar..._campaign=1490&ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

I'm inclined to agree with the lawyer. Meghan may have misrepresented issues about her childhood and family relationships, but it's hardly a matter for the courts.

My take: Everyone has a 'Samantha' in their family or workplace. I recall the term is toxic people and let's leave it at that.

If I recall, the claim started on Samantha accusing Meghan of not counting her as part of her father's 2nd marriage family unit composed of Thomas and Doria Markle and their infant daughter Meghan.

Meghan stated she was raised as an only child, I believed her 100%. Her family unit is not Samantha's family. Samantha was part of Thomas Markle's previous life and marriage that neither Meghan nor mother Doria had any part of.

She is the only child then and now, period. In cases that one parent has children of multiple partners or marriages and he/she raises them all together, then that's a family unit. Doria did not raise Thomas' already grown previous children.

Meghan's family is her and her parents, period. The kids from the father's previous marriage don't count Meghan as one of the family unit members with Thomas Markle's previous spouse. So why is Samantha inviting herself, already a grown woman, to be included in the Thomas+Doria+baby Meghan family unit? Well, her half-sister Meghan ended up on a TV show followed by a marriage to a rich celebrity.

What did Samantha do when the child of her father's 2nd marriage became a news category?
1. She changed her name back to Markle to force the association
2. She dyed her hair black to resemble Meghan's.
3. She proceeded to demand attention from her half-sister from her father's 2nd marriage. When she didn't get it, things got ugly.

So, on this case, I'm with Meghan, she was raised as an only child in a family unit of three persons.

Last edited:
My take: Everyone has a 'Samantha' in their family or workplace. I recall the term is toxic people and let's leave it at that.

If I recall, the claim started on Samantha accusing Meghan of not counting her as part of her father's 2nd marriage family unit composed of Thomas and Doria Markle and their infant daughter Meghan.

When Meghan stated she was raised as an only child, I believed her 100%. Her family unit is not Samantha's family. Samantha was part of Thomas Markle's previous life and marriage that neither Meghan nor mother Doria had any part of.

She is the only child then and now, period. In cases that one parent has children of multiple partners or marriages and he/she raises them all together, then that's a family unit. Doria did not raise Thomas' already grown previous children.

Meghan's family is her and her parents, period. The kids from the father's previous marriage don't count Meghan as one of the family unit members with Thomas Markle's previous spouse. So why is Samantha inviting herself, already a grown woman, to be included in the Thomas+Doria+baby Meghan family unit? Well, her half-sister Meghan ended up on a TV show followed by a marriage to a rich celebrity.

What did Samantha do when the child of her father's 2nd marriage became a news category?
1. She changed her name back to Markle to force the association
2. She dyed her hair black to resemble Meghan's.
3. She proceeded to demand attention from her half-sister from her father's 2nd marriage. When she didn't get it, things got ugly.

So, on this case, I'm with Meghan, she was raised as an only child in a family unit of three persons.

Well, Meghan is the Samantha of the Royal Family. Most of her accusations against them, seems something Samantha could came out with. She learned this behavior from her.

Well, Meghan is the Samantha of the Royal Family. Most of her accusations against them, seems something Samantha could came out with. She learned this behavior from her.

That's a separate issue that was just portrayed on USA TV a few minutes ago in the socio-political parody show South Park. And it was hilarious! :lol:
No spoiler: 'The prince of Canada and his wife decide during the book tour to move to South Park for privacy while doing the opposite of what they complain about'

But back to Samantha, my opinion above was just on the Samantha/Meghan case. And, despite my disappointment with their behavior toward the royal family, on this court case Meghan has the upper hand over Samantha.

Last edited:
That's a separate issue that was just portrayed on USA TV a few minutes ago in the socio-political parody show South Park. And it was hilarious! :lol:
No spoiler: 'The prince of Canada and his wife decide during the book tour to move to South Park for privacy while doing the opposite of what they complain about'

(...)

Admitedly I've only watched couple episodes of South Park few years ago because my housemate at that time was a fan and in those occasion I rarely found South Park to be funny, their type of humour just isn't my cup of tea (I'm more into Nintama Rantaro). I've seen clips from this episode and I feel some of the jokes are crass and just plain rude.

Hopefully the Sussexes don't take it to heart too much and able to just shrug it of, otherwise (particularly with their habit of digging into social media and comments on articles about them) I don't think it would be good for their mental health.

Sometimes I wonder, is this is the kind of fame they want to achieve when they move to US?

Admitedly I've only watched couple episodes of South Park few years ago because my housemate at that time was a fan and in those occasion I rarely found South Park to be funny, their type of humour just isn't my cup of tea (I'm more into Nintama Rantaro). I've seen clips from this episode and I feel some of the jokes are crass and just plain rude.

Hopefully the Sussexes don't take it to heart too much and able to just shrug it of, otherwise (particularly with their habit of digging into social media and comments on articles about them) I don't think it would be good for their mental health.

Sometimes I wonder, is this is the kind of fame they want to achieve when they move to US?

I would suggest the Obama model was what they were hoping for! Its not quite what they have achieved thus far however!

I would suggest the Obama model was what they were hoping for! Its not quite what they have achieved thus far however!

Obama? Barack and Michelle Obama are two highly educated people. One was President. Not even close!

IMO, the Obama approach can only be achieved from a track record of public service and delivery, and with a positive message.

Whilst Harry had certanly achieved a reasonable amount in the charitable world (eg, Invictus) whist a working royal, their exit from the RF and their behaviour since has hardly been graceful or seamless. Their judgement can certainly be questioned when in their pointless airing of family disputes and endlessly attempt to position themselves as victims.

I am yet to see any attempts to use their worldwide fame to create a positive impact in a situation, just shameless and cynical attempts to cash in on their royal past.

Oh the irony of Samantha accusing Meghan of being the defamer... She should be penalised for wasting the court's time.

Oh the irony of Samantha accusing Meghan of being the defamer... She should be penalised for wasting the court's time.

But there is also a certain irony in Meghan, the serial litigator, being at the receiving end of litigation. :flowers:

:previous: Say what you like about her but only one of the Markle sisters are exploiting the judicial system solely to gain attention and it's not Meghan.

:previous: Say what you like about her but only one of the Markle sisters are exploiting the judicial system solely to gain attention and it's not Meghan.

Both Markle sister's behaviour is pretty unbecoming, so the less said the better, IMO.

Both Markle sister's behaviour is pretty unbecoming, so the less said the better, IMO.
Yes they are more alike in their behavior than they probably want to admit.

But back to Samantha, my opinion above was just on the Samantha/Meghan case. And, despite my disappointment with their behavior toward the royal family, on this court case Meghan has the upper hand over Samantha.

I didn't watch the episode, but the clips that I've seen online where pretty much what I'd expected. The scene where Kyle simply ignores the Prince of Canada's repeated and increasingly outrageous attempts to get his attention...;)

I am not surprised South Park is poking at Harry and Meghan. They tend to do that with whoever is dominating pop culture or they feel are currently popular/influential. I remember when they had an episode where Queen Elizabeth was so distraught of not being able to "take back the USA" that she shot herself in the head. They have mocked William and Kate as well as the Obamas. This is what they do.

Last edited:
But there is also a certain irony in Meghan, the serial litigator, being at the receiving end of litigation. :flowers:

Meghan has sued and won twice. She sued a tabloid for infringement and a paparazzi's agency for invading her child's privacy. Not sure how that is serial. She was correct and was proven as much.

Samantha is attempting to sue Meghan because she refused to claim her a sister. That is her right but I mean... hardly the same thing.

Meghan hasn't even done much these days and folk out here being "where is Meghan." Weird behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom