The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We at TRF like royals and want others to like them too, but Archie and Lily live in a different world, and might not even be interested in royal stuff.
Which makes it that much more ridiculous that Harry and Meghan have chosen for their Californian kids to have the titles of Prince and Princess.

Harry and Meghan's biggest issue is they can't see that William is different from Harry and can't be treated the same. Yes in many ways they should be but in as many other ways they simply can't be. William is a future King which brings certain obligations, duties and yes, privileges, with it. Harry is not.

Perhaps had Queen died before Harry married and William already was Prince of Wales the difference of station would have been more clear and less like a possible competition with the couples.

IMO, I think Harry should have decided to bring Archie with him. Lili is too young.

Why on earth drag a small child to the UK for a couple of days when his father will be at the Coronation and he's not likely to have anyting enjoyable to do?

Regarding the walkabout, I agree with everyone here (almost everyone) that it showed Catherine in a good light rather than bad. That it was awkward was very apparent to everyone, but both she and William did the right thing by inviting the Sussex's to join them. Given the subsequent release of his book and their documentary, I think it for the best that their presence at royal events be kept very low-key. Personally, I don't think their "second place" ranking was as big an issue for Meghan, at least, because her focus was and will naturally be attaining "top rank" in American society.
Oh I think it bothered both of them, they felt that if they were so popular, they deserved a higher rank/more notice than they would get as the younger son and his wife. I think that was partly Meghan's thinking, that if she and Harry had done well and were popular, it was like having become a popular character in a TV series, that you would then get a salary hike and a bigger role. Whereas the Royal rule is that you do your duty and if it goes especially well, the public may like you more for a while but it is just your duty adn you dont get any special privileges for doing it.

Last edited:
Could possibly be that The Queen considered the Merseyside bridge the best possible invitation and the highlight of her year. She was long known for her interest in engineering. Anything of that sort she would fish out of the pile that had been rejected on her behave.

And there really isn’t the royals to open community centres anymore.Di opened my local shopping centre. David when he was a Prince opened a library I was once in in Cornwall. Most of their work is on military, public and charitable services. As it should be.

Or maybe our clever old Queen was letting Meghan see the reality of royal life that it is not all state dinners and fancy star studded events. There is the mundane and in some cases boring events that you are expected to show an interest in.

Why on earth drag a small child to the UK for a couple of days when his father will be at the Coronation and he's not likely to have anyting enjoyable to do?

I think it would have been a great idea had the circumstances been different and the visit was a longer one. It’s Archie’s Grandad’s coronation, a one-off event and would have been a terrific adventure for a small boy. It would also have given him a chance to see his young cousins and have some fun.

It’s a real shame he’s missing out. Things could have been so different…:sad:

Bottom line ... Harry should have known better. He was raised in the system. He knew that he was the "spare" and, eventually, would be treated differently than the heir to the throne.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:

Well quite. To leave him in a room with a nanny to watch the coronation and maybe exclaim Daddy when he sees Harry. He won't know the rest. That is exactly the same as he will be doing at home.

If they watch it. On catch up.

I think it would have been a great idea had the circumstances been different and the visit was a longer one. It’s Archie’s Grandad’s coronation, a one-off event and would have been a terrific adventure for a small boy. It would also have given him a chance to see his young cousins and have some fun.

It’s a real shame he’s missing out. Things could have been so different…:sad:

The kids weren't even invited, so...

But yes Harry will be in and out. No point in bringing the kids when he will be on the plane once the ceremony ends.

Or maybe our clever old Queen was letting Meghan see the reality of royal life that it is not all state dinners and fancy star studded events. There is the mundane and in some cases boring events that you are expected to show an interest in.

Meghan never attended anything of the sort anyways. Meghan wore one tiara and that was on her wedding day. She attended no state visits. So not like she experienced these "non boring" events. She did her duty and did it well. I mean even the hateful rota admit that. Heck many today even saying she could have been a great asset because of how well she related to people.

But what happened happened. It is what it is. All we can hope for now is peace among them all. Maybe they can find it now. Happy coronation. ?

This thread has reached over 100 pages. It is time for a new thread, which you csan find here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom