The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Meghan is 'plotting big-money comeback' with books, 'feel-good' TV and The Tig wellness rebrand".

Allegedly, according to the Daily Mail; after the Coronation is over.

As usual we'll take anything with a grain of salt until it happens, but i hope that indeed Meghan (and Harry) will finally step out of their victim-role and start their new life taking steps forward and not just blaming everyone else on what happened in the past (especially their resp. families)

So if this will be that first step, then more power to them :flowers:

A four year old won't remember a birthday party, but he might just remember the Coronation; and there would have been photos of the occasion, even behind the scenes, that would have shown that they were a part of such an amazing occasion, that they were there!
After QE2's coronation, there were some lovely films shot back at BP, with Prince Charles and Princess Anne running around excitedly amidst the returning adults. They were photographed on the balcony too. The King's other grandchildren will be doing the same along with the Queen's. It's sad for them all that Archie and Lilibet won't be part of that but their parents have a much higher regard for money and celebrity than family ties and heritage.

Last edited:
Here in the UK where it all happened, this is the first time I've ever heard the expression "Meghanxit". "Megxit" - yes.

You are right, "Megxit" is the common term used by the tabloids.

Perhaps he didn't really hate being part of the "the Institution" until he met Meghan.

In the book "Spare", Harry written about many issues he had with the Institution and his brother. Once again, Meghan is baring larger share of the blame.

Meghan may have been the match that light the fuse, but Harry was a ticking timebomb. Harry's grievances are well documented in interviews and in his own book "Spare".

Or even the chance to see their Grandad who won't be around forever. Which I think is heartbreaking. Their parents clearly didn't learn anything from declining to visit the Queen in August.

There are reports that Harry were only invited to the coronation, but not to other events where family will gather. If that is true, it is unlikely that they would have been able to meet with Charles since his schedule is pretty packed for those 3 days.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they met with the Queen privately during the Jubilee. Of course it would be nice for the family to meet, but coronation weekend is just too busy.

Don't forget, the palace made a point of saying Charles was too busy to meet with Harry when he was in London for the lawsuit. If he was busy then, for sure Charles will be even busier on Coronation weekend.

No doubt the version of how to explain their absence to the children when they are older has already been carefully thought out, and I'm sure it will be made very clear to them that their parents weren't to blame, it was everyone else's fault instead.

No one knows what is going on in their head. That is some heavy fantasy/fan-fic writing.

Last edited:
If they'd brought the children, I'm sure Charles would have found time to see them. And they could have stayed for a few extra days. But it's not happening.

As I undertsand it, they didn't bring the children to see the queen at Balmoral so why would one expect them to bring them to see Charles

Shady Lady, great comment. That is exactly how I feel.

For the History Books.....to be pictured as being a part of...to be featured in further Documentary's about King Charles lll Coronation. Camilla's grandchildren ARE having a role, The Wales Kids will be in a Carriage and George will be a Page of Honour. For Camilla 's kids to get this prestigious spot at The Coronation, yet nothing, NOTHING for "Prince Archie" envisioned by The Firm and Institution ? How do you think that went down in Montecito ?

It probably didn't go down well and while I question a lot of Meghan and Harry's thinking about other things, this I can fully understand. The papers have been briefing for weeks about how Archie and Lili are not invited to anything to do with the Coronation while roles were being planned for other grandchildren and step-grandchildren. What's the point in making Archie and Lili travel 11 hours just to be excluded? I imagine Harry and Meghan have learned their lesson from the Platinum Jubilee where the papers were being briefed on how many royals were happy to snub Lili's birthday party. The kids don't need to be dragged into this and should be in California where they have Doria and family friends who are happy to see them and spend time with them.

In general I think this is the right decision for all parties. The focus stays on the King and Queen as it should, Meghan can take care of the kids in California, and Harry fulfills his obligation to his father.

Last edited:
They are not being excluded, they are both way too young to be in the Coronation.

It probably didn't go down well and while I question a lot of Meghan and Harry's thinking about other things, this I can fully understand. The papers have been briefing for weeks about how Archie and Lili are not invited to anything to do with the Coronation while roles were being planned for other grandchildren and step-grandchildren. What's the point in making Archie and Lili travel 11 hours just to be excluded? I imagine Harry and Meghan have learned their lesson from the Platinum Jubilee where the papers were being briefed on how many royals were happy to snub Lili's birthday party. The kids don't need to be dragged into this and should be in California where they have Doria and family friends who are happy to see them and spend time with them.

In general I think this is the right decision for all parties. The focus stays on the King and Queen as it should, Meghan can take care of the kids in California, and Harry fulfills his obligation to his father.
Just to be excluded? Archie and Lily are too young to have a role in the coronation. Williams son, George and Camilla’s grandchildren children are older than them and it makes sense for them to have a role. Do you seriously believe that royals were happy to snub the birthday party? I don’t think papers were briefed, but simply created their own assumptions on how things went down. They were never going to have a role because they are too young and H&M want privacy for them.

Just to be excluded? Archie and Lily are too young to have a role in the coronation. Williams son, George and Camilla’s grandchildren children are older than them and it makes sense for them to have a role. Do you seriously believe that royals were happy to snub the birthday party? I don’t think papers were briefed, but simply created their own assumptions on how things went down. They were never going to have a role because they are too young and H&M want privacy for them.

Yes, just to be excluded. Maybe not on purpose but it's clear relations are so bad that's spilling over onto the children as well. It's been nonstop briefing about how no one wants the Sussexes there, Lili and Archie can't come, if the Sussexes come they'll all be isolated and ostracized, should only be in the country for no more than 24-48 hours, etc. So again, I ask, what is the point in bringing the children? They are the ones I feel most sorry for in this situation for many reasons - they are collateral damage to endless petty briefing and feuds (which yes, includes the briefing from last year's visit about a child's birthday party, of all things). Let them stay home in peace since there is no role for them at the Coronation or anything to do with it. Maybe private visits when or if tensions have cooled down.

Last edited:
Archie and Lili haven't been included in the actual ceremony because they're too young to be expected to sit through a formal ceremony, not as any sort of snub. Princess Anne didn't attend her own mother's Coronation for the same reason. It would still have been an opportunity for them to see their grandfather.

What briefings?
I know of no evidence that the RH are bothering to brief the press, who are already pretty unfriendly towards H and Meghan and are quite willing to be chilly towards them.
And I cant understand why anyone would expect Lili who is a toddler and her brohter who is not much older, to take any part in the coronation.

Last edited:
No doubt the version of how to explain their absence to the children when they are older has already been carefully thought out, and I'm sure it will be made very clear to them that their parents weren't to blame, it was everyone else's fault instead.

No one knows what is going on in their head. That is some heavy fantasy/fan-fic writing.

I'd call it common sense.

They're hardly going to tell the children their own actions caused the estrangement, unless they experience some sort of miraculous epithany, seriously reflect on what they have done and acknowledge their bad behaviour. That's unlikely to happen (and that's an understatement!), especially not while their perceived grievances give them a chance to earn money. It doesn't take Einstein to work that one out.

How many copies of Harry's book would have been sold if it had been called something less provocative and contained both the good and the bad, but written in a fair, balanced and non-judgmental way?

Without the whinging, the betrayals of privacy, the spite, the nasty nicknames, the clear cases of too much information (the Elizabeth Arden business, the first time behind the pub stuff?) and all the rest of it?

If the trailer for Oprah's interview had shown Meghan saying: "Well, y'know, things didn't quite work out but we want to put it behind us now and I'm going to tell you all about Archewell instead" How many people would have tuned in?

Without all those unsubstantiated allegations littered with inaccuracies?

And I won't even get started on the Netflix Series!

No one needs to see what's going on in their heads, because they've committed it on to the printed and digital page, and on to video tape, for the world to see for all time. (Harry even narrated the audiobook himself, so he can't wriggle out of that one either)

One day their children will grow up and read and see it all for themselves - if they're lucky and don't get constantly told about it beforehand, as they get older and inevitably mix with other people. What they will make of it all I can't even begin to imagine.

Last edited:
What briefings?
I know of no evidence that the RH are bothering to brief the press, who are already pretty unfriendly towards H and Meghan and are quite willing to be chilly towards them.
And I cant understand why anyone would expect Lili who is a toddler and her brohter who is not much older, to take any part in the coronation.

I recall several quotes in The Telegraph, Times, and various tabloids around the time of Lili's birthday about how few people in the family wanted to attend her birthday because of frustrations/suspicions with her parents. I'll try and find them and share via DM so as to not derail the conversation. Back to the Coronation - I think it's reasonable that they don't have a role in the ceremony itself - not just because of their age but because they don't have really any exposure to public events like this. But I just think the stories about how they're not invited, in conjunction with all of the other briefing about how the royals are eager to ostracize the Sussexes at large, paints an ugly picture. The adults can fight their own battles but I don't think Archie and Lili should be pulled into it, whether it's unintentional or not.

I recall several quotes in The Telegraph, Times, and various tabloids around the time of Lili's birthday about how few people in the family wanted to attend her birthday because of frustrations/suspicions with her parents. I'll try and find them and share via DM so as to not derail the conversation. Back to the Coronation - I think it's reasonable that they don't have a role in the ceremony itself - not just because of their age but because they don't have really any exposure to public events like this. But I just think the stories about how they're not invited, in conjunction with all of the other briefing about how the royals are eager to ostracize the Sussexes at large, paints an ugly picture. The adults can fight their own battles but I don't think Archie and Lili should be pulled into it, whether it's unintentional or not.
Those are just assumptions on the part of the journalists. “Eager to ostracise”? No one has to speak to them (Sussexes)if they don’t want to. If the children came they’d stay with a nanny at home not in the venue of the coronation. Just because the Queen invited them to the jubilee last year didn’t mean that the family had to speak to them. Also the Sussexes openly leaked a conversation to Gayle King at one point, how can they be trusted and naturally other members would be suspicious and avoid them.

Those are just assumptions on the part of the journalists. “Eager to ostracise”? No one has to speak to them (Sussexes)if they don’t want to. If the children came they’d stay with a nanny at home not in the venue of the coronation. Just because the Queen invited them to the jubilee last year didn’t mean that the family had to speak to them. Also the Sussexes openly leaked a conversation to Gayle King at one point, how can they be trusted and naturally other members would be suspicious and avoid them.

I'm not disagreeing. There's valid reason for distrust on both sides. I just think Archie and Lili have become collateral damage in the never ending BRF vs Sussex war - whether it's about the Coronation, Lili's name, titles, or whatever else - and until they aren't, Harry and Meghan are perfectly reasonable to keep them at home. I don't think they deserve criticism for that (though it's funny that Meghan is the only one getting criticized for keeping them in California this time). I'd love to see a picture of them with their cousins and grandfather and it's sad that this won't happen for the foreseeable future.

I think unfortunately Archie and Lili have been pulled into it by their parents declaring war on the RF. Sad but true. :sad:

MOO

I'm not disagreeing. There's valid reason for distrust on both sides. I just think Archie and Lili have become collateral damage in the never ending BRF vs Sussex war - whether it's about the Coronation, Lili's name, titles, or whatever else - and until they aren't, Harry and Meghan are perfectly reasonable to keep them at home. I don't think they deserve criticism for that (though it's funny that Meghan is the only one getting criticized for keeping them in California this time). I'd love to see a picture of them with their cousins and grandfather and it's sad that this won't happen for the foreseeable future.

I’d say it’s rather the Sussexes vs TRF. Maybe I am mistaken, I don’t remember anyone from TRF going to war against the Sussexes - did anyone say anything?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they met with the Queen privately during the Jubilee. Of course it would be nice for the family to meet, but coronation weekend is just too busy.
I don't recall the source (hopefully someone else can help you out) but it has been reported that they had a very short meeting (5-10 minutes) with the queen during the Jubilee weekend. It was the only time that the queen met Lilibet.

Several posts have been removed as they were either largely speculative, or rehashing of events. Once again, members need to read through the rules regarding Sussex related discussion and follow them or they run the risk of posts being removed.

It's clear from the pictures with the Wales children, like when Louis was sitting on his knee at the Jubilee, that the King is a good and loving grandfather. It seems so sad that Archie and Lili are missing out on that.

They are not being excluded, they are both way too young to be in the Coronation.
I agree, they are way too young. But they could certainly be with family and be in behind the scenes events. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Louis (who is a year older than Archie) made just a cameo appearance OR if there are plans in place for him to be whisked away if it is too much for him.

I just can’t expect little kids not to act like the little kids they are :flowers:

Her birthday was on a day when most/all were working. They couldn’t go. There were some rumours that the Phillips/ Tindells send their daughters. I for one didn’t believe it because they were going to the house of someone they barely knew to see children they didn’t know. So no I don’t think anyone did go but really what was expected.

Heard they saw the Queen who wouldn’t allow pictures.

Her birthday was on a day when most/all were working. They couldn’t go. There were some rumours that the Phillips/ Tindells send their daughters. I for one didn’t believe it because they were going to the house of someone they barely knew to see children they didn’t know. So no I don’t think anyone did go but really what was expected.

Heard they saw the Queen who wouldn’t allow pictures.

Exactly. If having family actually be available to celebrate Lili’s birthday was a priority- they’d have chosen a different day to celebrate it. They didn’t. They could have stuck around after the jubilee, but nope.

It really doesn’t look like visiting family is a priority for them. Their visits- or lack thereof- speak volumes. They’ve come to the UK briefly for a few public events. Given that Harry’s entire family lives in the UK-well….There’s nothing else to really say imo.

Harry’s entire immediate family, that is wife and son and daughter live in California. And there are lots of people who, after marriage, don’t see that much of their birth family, especially cousins and their children throughout the year.

Harry’s entire immediate family, that is wife and son and daughter live in California. And there are lots of people who, after marriage, don’t see that much of their birth family, especially cousins and their children throughout the year.

At some point, the Sussex children will be asking about extended family on both sides, and why no one is calling or visiting.

Well, they will be able to find out themselves about some of them as no doubt Samantha Markle and perhaps even her father and brother will quite probably still be giving interviews and complaining about the children’s mother online. And Eugenie and Jack and their family, Ashleigh Hale and of course Doria will keep calling/be in contact.

Last edited:
Well, they will be able to find out themselves about some of them as no doubt Samantha Markle and perhaps even her father and brother will quite probably still be giving interviews and complaining about the children’s mother online. And Eugenie and Jack and their family, Ashleigh Hale and of course Doria will keep calling/be in contact.

Just like Harry and Meghan complaining about the Royal family , on tv shows , magazine , online ,and books.

Just like Harry and Meghan complaining about the Royal family , on tv shows , magazine , online ,and books.

Well, if their kids ask about Harry’s side of the family not calling they will also be able to read some of the countless articles and see royal ‘experts’ who don’t know Harry and Meghan pontificating about them and the RF. As the two offspring will probably love their parents very much they will be able to make up their own minds about it, won’t they?

Last edited:
Well, if their kids ask about Harry’s side of the family not calling they will also be able to read some of the countless articles and see royal ‘experts’ who don’t know Harry and Meghan pontificating about them and the RF. As the two kinds will probably love their parents very much they will be able to make up their own minds about it, won’t they?

Archie and Lily in time will make up their own mind.
I hope before that happens, Harry and Meghan will have learned that public complaining and whining about everything your family did wrong in the past is never a solution and doesn't make things better in any way.
And that they have taught Archie and Lily that knowledge as well.
Otherwise i assume that this will be the script for The Crown series 15

I know lots of people don't have high regards for the Kardashian family, but i don't think even they air family grievances in public, and publish private things about their relatives without their consent.
So i hope Harry and Meghan at some point will improve themselves to that level.

Last edited:
As ever, on this thread I cease to be surprised by anything. The amount of slagging off at the Sussexes is exactly to be expected. The complaints that they did not "announce" their attendance or non-attendance is just ridiculous. Most other royal guests were announced through the the respective royal offices quite recently and as Harry does not seem to be going that route, the BRF made the announcementat the appropriate time. However, it is unknown how long they have known the exact details,

Not one verifiable fact has emerged as regards to either the King or Prince Harry's feelings or emotions as to the coming Coronation. There has just been, as is quite usual, oceans of thoughts, feelings, anger, malice, meanness of spirit and just plain bloody-minded evil printed about the Sussexes and their projected attendance or non-attendance. They have spouted off about their psychiatric and phycological states, the deep and dastardly plots and plans their body language has shown, albeit dependant on which body language "expert" was writing the article. There have even been unimaginable reams of utter bilge published by astrologists predicting love, hate and every imaginable situation in between.

Yes, people are absolutely sick to death of Harry and Meghan and will they or won't they attend, but none of the above was courtesy of either the Sussexes or the Palace. They have their own personal mountains to climb and we don't get to be their sherpas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom