The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. Unlike the Sussex children, it wasn't told in various news forms how they were not invited. I never expected them at the ceremony. They are too young but it was very interesting how it was made very clear they seemed to not be wanted either. Otherwise why make it such a focus? We all know their age.

Everything about the Sussexes is an issue.

No surprise the kids showing up or not was too imo.

No. The BRF would not "order" the children to be kept in the United Kingdom. Their parents have custody of them and IMHO no judge would permit them to be retained in the UK.

Besides the children are US citizens living in California and any custody dispute would have to go through the California courts, wouldn't it? I don't think there would be a credible chance of Meghan losing custody even if the children were in the UK and the matter came before an English court. Once the dispute moves to a US jurisdiction, the chances of a ruling in favor of the BRF would be even smaller in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I imagine it wasn't as simple as Meghan "was invited" or "wasn't invited." There were probably negotiations behind the scenes for weeks about how this would all play out.

I can picture all kinds of compromises: Charles agrees to invite both if they agree to do (or not to do) X; Harry agrees to attend alone if Charles agrees to do Y. The possibilities are endless.

And I agree with those who say the kids are too little to be invited. Even Prince Louis, who is a year older than Archie, was "iffy" until a few days ago.

My bet is that we'll next see Meghan and the kids in paparazzi pictures out in public in California on coronation day.

Given their ages- this is not a surprise.

The Wales kids are older and the heir’s kids. And have exposure to big events.

I never expected the Sussex kids to attend the coronation.

:previous::previous:
Exactly, once again the tabloids are generating drama where there is none.

I imagine it wasn't as simple as Meghan "was invited" or "wasn't invited." There were probably negotiations behind the scenes for weeks about how this would all play out.

I can picture all kinds of compromises: Charles agrees to invite both if they agree to do (or not to do) X; Harry agrees to attend alone if Charles agrees to do Y. The possibilities are endless.

And I agree with those who say the kids are too little to be invited. Even Prince Louis, who is a year older than Archie, was "iffy" until a few days ago.

My bet is that we'll next see Meghan and the kids in paparazzi pictures out in public in California on coronation day.

That is possible. I just don’t really buy Meghan was not given an opportunity to attend.

It would explain the belated RSVP too.

There's certainly a lot of social media chatter and speculation about what we'll see from Meghan on the day of the coronation and there's lots of mention of the mid-funeral press release about the wreath as an example of what kind of attention grabbing behavior some are expecting. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens on the day of.

Harry and Meghan were invited by the Queen to visit her at Balmoral, with the children last August. The invitation was declined. We NOW know that Queen Elizabeth knew she was VERY ill, She tried right up to the end. To no avail.
Did I miss something? We know that the Queen was ill? Was the cause of her death made public?

My understanding was she had Cancer of the bones not sure the technical word that is why they would say mobility issues. It hurt to move around.

:previous::previous:

Exactly, once again the tabloids are generating drama where there is none.
I feel it is sad that on such a big event the kids could not be there. It will be Archie's birthday on the day of the coronation as well. Make of that as you wish.

My understanding was she had Cancer of the bones not sure the technical word that is why they would say mobility issues. It hurt to move around.

That is an unsubstantiated rumour of which we know nothing. Old age was on the death certificate and she was 96.

Actually, it is the tabloid that refuse to let this story die. The story that "Meghan made Catherine cry" is one of those typical royal stories that were written based on hearsay.

Meghan went on the record to clarify what had happened. She did not discuss the details of the disagreement between her and Catherine and went out of her way to avoid any disparaging remarks. In fact she made Catherine seems very good by saying that Catherine sent her flowers and apologized.
No one thought about the issue till she brought it up on Oprah. The palace actually dismissed the idea of a conflict during the fitting at the time it was reported. It wasn’t serious for the palace to verify who made who cry. It’s an old story.

I feel it is sad that on such a big event the kids could not be there. It will be Archie's birthday on the day of the coronation as well. Make of that as you wish.

They wouldn't be there anyway. Given a different time or place they would be there on the balcony and probably brought in for actual crowning. But it isn't a different time or place and it is best that they are kept away and live a happy private life.

but it was very interesting how it was made very clear they seemed to not be wanted either. Otherwise why make it such a focus? We all know their age.

Really. It was made clear? I think that's pure speculation on your part.

Last edited:
There's certainly a lot of social media chatter and speculation about what we'll see from Meghan on the day of the coronation and there's lots of mention of the mid-funeral press release about the wreath as an example of what kind of attention grabbing behavior some are expecting. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens on the day of.

Hopefully nothing at all.

I don't know. Unlike the Sussex children, it wasn't told in various news forms how they were not invited. I never expected them at the ceremony. They are too young but it was very interesting how it was made very clear they seemed to not be wanted either. Otherwise why make it such a focus? We all know their age.

I expect that the reason why we didn't hear from the tabloid media that Master Lucas Tindall, Master August Brooksbanks and Miss Sienna Mapelli-Mozzi would not have received an invitation is that their parents don't generate the "clickbait" that the Sussexes do. As to it being made "very clear they seemed to not be wanted either," is your personal interpretation.

The Sussexes own actions and words keep the tabloids busy writing about them.

The Coronations is about the King not Harry not Meghan and not the Kids and this is a big problem for Meghan. Everything has to be about Meghan she married into the family and doesn't even like them she made that very clear and LEFT. The King owes her nothing. Harry is her husband it's his responsibility to care for his own family but has chosen to go to the coronation without them which says a lot about Harry and his priorities. I don't expect the coronation to be anything like the Queens and people seem to be having a hard time excepting that. New monarch new traditions no big deal.

The media, public, tabloids, and social media sites all contribute to continuing the saga. Megan and Harry could just stay silent and everyone would still continue stories, lies and fantasies just to have made up news. Actually I have not heard much from the Sussexes…but a lot of other sources. Megan staying home with the children is best for the children, especially one with a birthday. Harry fulfills Charles requesr that he be there for the coronation. Harry know he is not welcomed no matter what he does, so go to the coronation and leave right away. That will make William and Kate very happy. The British Royalt Family as the world knows it now, will probably end with Charles. William is a hot head and needs to get himself under control or drama will continue. He will be the end of the family. MOO. A very sad situation that started way before Megan.

This is the best decision, for all parties. Meghan and Harry knew "damned if they did; damned if they didn't", hence the obvious decision for Harry to attend his father's coronation alone. And frankly, I don't blame them for this decision.

Is it remotely possible that she fears the children would be ordered to remain in the UK? I remember that Diana was concerned about that possibility.

They were in the UK for the Jubilee. The law that gives the Monarch custody over his grandchildren is tragic and obsolete to say the least and no way would it ever stand up in a court today. Even in the event the BRF were worried about the kids (say with Harry's admitted drug use) they wouldn't use it.

I think it's probably for the best for all concerned but we'll see what "middle of the ceremony wreath" she may lay this time, because there probably will be something based on past actions.

The media, public, tabloids, and social media sites all contribute to continuing the saga. Megan and Harry could just stay silent and everyone would still continue stories, lies and fantasies just to have made up news. Actually I have not heard much from the Sussexes…but a lot of other sources. Megan staying home with the children is best for the children, especially one with a birthday. Harry fulfills Charles requesr that he be there for the coronation. Harry know he is not welcomed no matter what he does, so go to the coronation and leave right away. That will make William and Kate very happy. The British Royalt Family as the world knows it now, will probably end with Charles. William is a hot head and needs to get himself under control or drama will continue. He will be the end of the family. MOO. A very sad situation that started way before Megan.

We've heard much more from the Sussexes about their grievances than any other family member. This "will they/won't they" has been dragging on for months. Yes, via mouth pieces, but those are mostly well known and easy to spot. They did the same thing for the Jubilee and even published turning down the invite to Balmoral. If they didn't want this to drag on to the last possible minute, they'd have made an announcement weeks ago.

Prince William has publicly been conducting himself pretty well for a number of years now, IMHO. I have no idea what the monarchy may or may not look like 5 years from now but from their public conduct the PPOW have said basically nothing about this whole saga which shows a lot of characters IMO when it would have been massively tempting to "share their side of the story" so either they calm each other down or they listen to their staff. Either way it's for the best. The Sussexes are the ones moaning about sharing lip gloss and the like which is both petty and spiteful.

Last edited:
Last year he missed Archie’s birthday to go play polo.

Didn't he play that game less than 10km from his home? A bit rich then to argue that he "missed" Archie's birthday. He just didn't spend all 24 hours of his birthday with him ;)

"Catherine made her cry", which she refuses to let go of.

Meghan quite literally hasn't mentioned that incident once since it was brought up in the Oprah interview over 2 years ago. The only people who refuse to let that story go are the people who are indignant that she wanted to set the record straight.

:previous: *technically* you are probably right (i don't follow everything Meghan does), just like the accussations against the RF about racism, for which they even got an award, they *technically* denied as not having literally said that.
That seems very much a way Meghan handles the media, not saying certain things, but if the person she's talking with says it, she won't deny it or say something alonb the lines of "if you want to interpret it that way..." (the dots are very important here, imo Meghan leaves a lot hanging in the dots).

Harry mentioned the weddingdress situation in his book, i'm pretty sure, but indeed that was *Harry's* book, and not *Meghan's*

Can i just say i'm glad the decision over attending the coronation is made now, i'm sorry Charles doesn't get to see his daughter in law and grandchildren, i feel that as a father-in-law and grandfather he would have loved to see them, but Harry and Meghan incite so much controversy, and then lean back to let it all play out and afterwards say they didn't say anything...thank heavens we can do the controversy now and hopefully we can enjoy the coronation itself without distraction

just my 2 cts :flowers:

:previous:
i'm sorry Charles doesn't get to see his daughter in law...

just my 2 cts :flowers:

Really? I'd wager that Charles would love to see his grandchildren but have my doubts about him wanting to see his daughter in law.

I agree with everything Dan Wootton has just said in the Daily Mail.
'He (Harry) will remain stony-faced throughout the whole proceedings'.

In any case it doesn't really matter, because once he leaves Westminster Abbey, he will be driven straight to Heathrow.

I wonder what the conversation would be if the Duke and Duchess of Windsor were still alive; and invited Harry and Meghan to tea!

I feel rather sorry for 2 children living in California who will now have their school friends addressing them as Prince and Princess.

well yes why would he want to see Meghan? Im sure he's very wary of Harry as well, wanting to see him yet afraid that evertying they say will wind up in the media. As for the children, Im sure he would like to see them but if H and Meg didn't take the kids to see the queen last year, are they likely to make it easy for charles to see them?

Did I miss something? We know that the Queen was ill? Was the cause of her death made public?

It was obvious that the queen was very ill. SHe missed quite a few of her Jubilee events because she simply wasn't up to going to them. And yes the cause of her deaht was old age, as we know.. it was clear in hte last months that she was just worn out and wasn't able to do very much.

from one of recent books:

The following month, Prince Charles was at the Queen's side for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, which were due to culminate with her appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. By then, however, she wasn't feeling strong enough. While understanding, Charles felt it imperative that his mother should be there to acknowledge the crowds, so he implored her to make a massive effort.

The Queen agreed. On her insistence, a military-style exercise was put in place so that no one could see she was having to use a wheelchair. In considerable discomfort, Her Majesty was taken by wheelchair to the helicopter pad at Windsor.

At the Palace, she was wheeled right up to the balcony doors, then helped to her feet so that she could stand – with the aid of a walking stick – alongside Charles and Camilla, plus William and his family.

After a firework display, the Queen smiled with delight. It was her last salute to her people. In her final week, the monarch, more frail than ever, insisted on personally welcoming new Prime Minister Liz Truss to Balmoral for the 'kissing hands' ceremony.

It was obvious even if you didnt follow all the Jubilee events, that she was ill, she was tired and in pain and had trouble moving but she didn't want to be seen in a wheelchair... so she wasn't able to appear at everything in the Jubillee calendar.

I agree wi
I feel rather sorry for 2 children living in California who will now have their school friends addressing them as Prince and Princess.
Are they likely to be mocked by their shcool friends? Doens't sound like a very good school.

School

The children are still too small for any troubles with bullying due to titles. Bullying at that age tends to do with wanting a toy the other has at that moment.

I highly doubt it will matter in elementary school either. I’m sure they will attend private schools in an area where many children are celebrity offspring.

Where it could become a problem in the future is how the family handles the titles going forward. If in ten years, there’s still monogrammed doormats in California with no actual service in the UK, then yes, I’m sure young teen Archie will prefer his friends enter a back door and not speak to his parents. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom