The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:02 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 11,932
Yes...it sends quite a message from Charles. It is a symbolic punch in their noses.

But were the Sussexes so attached to Frogmore in the first place? Other than its sentimental value as their first marital home?

I always got the feeling that Meghan in particular was underwhelmed by Frogmore.

And let me be blunt...though Frogmore is obviously a Royal property with history attached to it, it does not begin to compare with their palatial Montecito home, which is the last word in luxury from what I have seen.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:05 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,953
Harry and Meghan live 99% of their lives in the USA. I agree. They are just fine. They have plenty of money and fund their own life.

This is still about a property they lived in that provided them protection when they were in the UK. That is no longer the case. So I guess they have even less reason to come to the UK since the little protection they did have is now gone, Which probably is the point by Charles.

We heard of the Andrew angle when we heard the eviction. Why would one be true and not the other?
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:10 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yes...it sends quite a message from Charles. It is a symbolic punch in their noses.

But were the Sussexes so attached to Frogmore in the first place? Other than its sentimental value as their first marital home?

I always got the feeling that Meghan in particular was underwhelmed by Frogmore.

And let me be blunt...though Frogmore is obviously a Royal property with history attached to it, it does not begin to compare with their palatial Montecito home, which is the last word in luxury from what I have seen.
Totally, it is as far as Royals go relatively small. Not for the rest of us but yes as a Royal property small. I am sure I read somewhere that the Queen had offered other properties at the time but they didn't suit the couple.
The palatial royal home in the UK would have came in time, maybe not to Montecito standards but still palatial , but life got in the way and things changed
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,378
I can't see that the King would ask them to vacate the property just for the sake of it. It makes sense that it's been done so that Andrew can move in. And it's not as if Harry and Meghan are using it.
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan live 99% of their lives in the USA. I agree. They are just fine. They have plenty of money and fund their own life.

This is still about a property they lived in that provided them protection when they were in the UK. That is no longer the case. So I guess they have even less reason to come to the UK since the little protection they did have is now gone, Which probably is the point by Charles.

We heard of the Andrew angle when we heard the eviction. Why would one be true and not the other?
I am not saying it isn't true, but being asked to leave Frogmore has been confirmed by the couple themselves, the Andrew part has not been confirmed. It could be an assumption on the part of the journalists and posters. It ties in with rumours about Charles reducing the financial support that Andrew received from the Queen,

Meghan didn't have any worries about the UK when she rolled down the window of the car to be seen.

I am sure Charles would provide accommodation for them when and if they came to visit the family which would automatically include protection if within the palaces.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Posts: 108
Just to play devil’s advocate, what if what we’re being told has it backwards?
What if H&M wanted to give up the residence and chose not to renew the lease?
If reports about their ‘money stream’ drying up are true, it would make sense for them to do so. There may have been cash incentive payments to them as well.
An official notice to vacate said property may just be standard legalese.
And I think it very possible the Sussexes could choose to twist these facts to make it appear they are being kicked out of a beloved home.
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to a source quoted by Omid Scobie they haven't emptied the house - "This is not just some random rental they keep for convenience. Every drawer is full, every closet is packedÖ Itís a real family home.Ē

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/inside-sto...MC3VR6vO3cYMbN
I donít have the luxury of 2 houses but I am sure I would take the stuff I care about even if I left in the hurry. Havenít they heard if removal men -they do ship internationally or what did they do when Eugenie lived there-did she just shove their stuff to the back of the wardrobe/closet?
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:29 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I am not saying it isn't true, but being asked to leave Frogmore has been confirmed by the couple themselves, the Andrew part has not been confirmed. It could be an assumption on the part of the journalists and posters. It ties in with rumours about Charles reducing the financial support that Andrew received from the Queen,

Meghan didn't have any worries about the UK when she rolled down the window of the car to be seen.

I am sure Charles would provide accommodation for them when and if they came to visit the family which would automatically include protection if within the palaces.
I mean we can't assume Charles would do anything. He just took their home. Doesn't exactly scream "I will offer you a room to stay." And their protection was removed years ago. So...

If they ever visit they will be going to a hotel or staying with friends and or non Windsor family. That is the likely scenario. Most likely we won't be seeing Harry, Meghan, or their kids in the UK for a while. They will be in the Europe for the Invictus Games later this year but that will be one of the limited events bringing them over.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:35 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Most likely we won't be seeing Harry, Meghan, or their kids in the UK for a while.
After the book, the Netflix series, the truth bombs and the various interviews, I can't see the relationship between Harry and his father and brother recovering.
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:39 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,953
I would agree but I also doubt the relationship was good before that. There is a reason things got to where they are. They all just stopped pretending.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I would agree but I also doubt the relationship was good before that. There is a reason things got to where they are. They all just stopped pretending.
We just don’t know, we only have the Sussexes side of the story. And the chances to have the other side are non existent.
I am almost at the end of the book and there are so many things that sound not very plausible. This is not the thread to discuss the book, what I want to say is that so many times the Sussexes have been proven to be flexible with the true truth that I wouldn’t believe them even if they said it’s day. I would check before believing.
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 03-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I mean we can't assume Charles would do anything. He just took their home. Doesn't exactly scream "I will offer you a room to stay." And their protection was removed years ago. So...

If they ever visit they will be going to a hotel or staying with friends and or non Windsor family. That is the likely scenario. Most likely we won't be seeing Harry, Meghan, or their kids in the UK for a while. They will be in the Europe for the Invictus Games later this year but that will be one of the limited events bringing them over.
That is quite correct we cannot make any assumptions, for all we know the couple were approached and asked if they wanted to continue with the lease. It could have been a joint decision after discussions. I think we should also note that the couple never said they were evicted.
I just wish people would stop inferring that this poor family have been thrown out on the streets with nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,401
They obviously dont want the house or they would not have let it to Eugenie as htey did. They know they're never coming back to UK, and that they would not be all that welcome by most of the RF if they did.
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:06 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
We just donít know, we only have the Sussexes side of the story. And the chances to have the other side are non existent.
I am almost at the end of the book and there are so many things that sound not very plausible. This is not the thread to discuss the book, what I want to say is that so many times the Sussexes have been proven to be flexible with the true truth that I wouldnít believe them even if they said itís day. I would check before believing.
I am not even talking about the book. I never thought they were as close as the media portrayed. It just seemed like good PR. We all know they play up for the camera because they have to. Even back when (long before Meghan) they would say stuff that had me questioning things. "Diana's boys" was a great story but clearly not a very accurate one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That is quite correct we cannot make any assumptions, for all we know the couple were approached and asked if they wanted to continue with the lease. It could have been a joint decision after discussions. I think we should also note that the couple never said they were evicted.
I just wish people would stop inferring that this poor family have been thrown out on the streets with nothing.
The Sussexes put out a statement confirming they were "requested to vacate." So yes they were evicted. They were told to pack up their things and never return to the property.
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I am sorry this is beginning to sound like Harry and his family are being put out on the streets with no roof over their head, they live in a multi roomed house in the States. They have made it clear they do not feel safe in this country, they are very rarely in that house.
As far as Andrew goes that is not clear as yet just rumour, even if it is true, if Andrew can no longer afford the upkeep of the big house why shouldn't his brother allow him to live in a smaller house on the estate that is very rarely used. I am sure there will be plenty accommodation available in some of the palaces if the Sussex family should come over for visits, which would also include the security for the palaces.
Yes indeed. Sadly there were reports yesterday that homelessness is on the rise in Britain so it would be surprising if many people in the UK were concerned about this media manufactured story about the Sussexes. The amount of family, friends or colleagues who have mentioned this news about Frogmore to me today is exactly zero.
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

Honestly I think most just have issue with the Andrew angle. It is a hard sell for a lot of people that Charles would put out his son and his young children in favor of his very disgraced brother. No matter your issues with Harry it is a bad look.
It's not a bad look at all. If it reduces Andrew's living expenses, it's a very good look. No-one is being "put out". Harry and his family do not live at Frogmore Cottage: they live in a mansion on the other side of the world. As for his young children, Lilibet has never lived at Frogmore Cottage, and Archie only lived there when he was too young to have any memories of it. They're hardly being thrown out on to the street.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,707
This is all becoming over dramatic for me. Catch up with you all later,
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

The Sussexes put out a statement confirming they were "requested to vacate." So yes they were evicted. They were told to pack up their things and never return to the property.
Oh, my. That’s quite a leap…
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:47 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: West Chester, United States
Posts: 308
It will be VERY interesting to see how this development factors into their decision regarding attending The Coronation. Especially, if as Omid Scobbie reported, they were stunned and blindsided by the move to take the House away.

Of course, its not the "House", they are not living there and rarely use it. But it was theirs to use as they saw fit or needed. Perhaps down the line, in Harry's mind, the base to introduce Archie and Lili to their heritage on visits to the UK Sussex's home....... Frogmore Cottage.

Now that has been taken from them. That is the unmistakable symbolism and message behind the move. Wow.

I would assume this decision would cinch a "sorry no, we are unfortunately unavailable to attend The Coronation". But then that's me......LOL.

If they attend, it shows me they are STILL dependent on being perceived as members in the "mystique of monarchy". Needed still to further their Brand. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

If they choose not to attend, to me it signals a new direction, AWAY from solely identifying and enriching themselves by constantly talking about The Royal Family and their alleged slights and grievances.

I would actually have respect for them if they don't attend. Harry said he couldn't go unless there was a conversation about past experiences and an apology to Meghan. Since that doesn't appear to be on the table, I will be very interested to see the Sussex's Coronation Plans.
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 03-02-2023, 01:50 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye1850 View Post
Oh, my. Thatís quite a leapÖ
I mean that literally what eviction is.

As for the coronation. My guess is that Harry will attend alone. He will only go to the one main event at WA and spend the rest of the time packing up Frogmore Cottage since they have to be out by the end of May.

And then that will be it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 23 (8 members and 15 guests)
ACO, Archduchess Zelia, Bensgal, MissByrd, Prinsara, Queen Claude, Sidacarri, TLLK
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 2014 10-06-2022 12:16 PM
Princess Stephanie Current Events 1 : Oct.2002 - Oct.2004 Tisha Current Events Archive 266 10-03-2004 11:42 AM




Popular Tags
#princedubai #rashidmrm abdullah ii africa all tags america arcadie arcadie claret british caroline charles iii claret current events danish royal family death defunct thrones denmark edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito empress masako fabio bevilacqua fallen kingdom garsenda genealogy general news grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed history hobbies hollywood hotel room for sale identifying introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier matrilineal monarchy need help new zealand; cyclone gabrielle official visit order of the redeemer pamela hicks portugal preferences prince albert monaco prince christian queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth ii queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima republics restoration royal wedding royal without thrones silk spain spanish royal family state visit to france state visit to germany switzerland william woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises