The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of this mess seems to stem from a rather admirable part of Meghan's personality. She seems to have a very clear vision of herself, what she wants to accomplish and how she wants to live. Her personal sartorial style, the elegant pared down look of her homes, all part of the vision.

It may be one thing to have distance from the Markles, but accomplishing those clear and specific life goals within the BRF framework and hierarchy was never going to be smooth sailing.

Meghan certainly is one of those self-propelled people with a vision, like Martha Stewart.

I just didn't like how she urged Mr. Knauf to remind the authors of her half-siblings' lack of education and custody issues. These two people, while very unsympathetic characters, are on the back foot already. Meghan should have taken the high road and let them be.

A piece from the Guardian, in which Meghan explains to a deeply sympathetic and supportive Knauf about her motives in writing that letter to her father. It seems that Harry was being berated by certain members of his family about Thomas Markle, who at that time was becoming vocal in the media following his heart attack.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-thomas-markle-letter-to-protect-prince-harry

Yet another example of Meghan coming to the rescue where the "big bad BRF" is the nemesis and she's the champion on the white horse to the rescue. Even then, before she'd been a member of the royal family for 6 months (the letter actually was written in August *after* the wedding), she was taking charge of things *her* way and getting people to sympathize with her and agree with her.

Makes me wonder if this was a crucial point where Meghan influences Harry against his family and their "controlling ways" that led to the eventual Megxit a year and a half later?

As we are starting to go round in circles, we are taking the 48hr rule into consideration and closing this thread.

When new information comes to light, please contact a moderator.

I cannot help but query if this appearance might be timed to take the attention of the negative publicity from the recent revelations in court filings.
I think it's a good guess. Something positive after the small mishap *ekhem* perjury *ekhem* in court for people to talk about, when she will try to paint a picture of a "normal, grounded, hard-working person". Ellen will be even softer on her than Oprah, I doubt we will hear anything worthwile.

I wonder if we will hear how happy she is now that she's home again :lol:

I think it's a good guess. Something positive after the small mishap *ekhem* perjury *ekhem* in court for people to talk about, when she will try to paint a picture of a "normal, grounded, hard-working person". Ellen will be even softer on her than Oprah, I doubt we will hear anything worthwile.

I wonder if we will hear how happy she is now that she's home again :lol:

I agree that this will likely be a lighthearted chat and will not touch on anything revealed last March or their current legal issues.

I saw a clip from the show. In it, she speaks of her early acting days, when she would go to auditions in a beat-up car. She comes across as very bouyant and relatable. Totally different attitude from the Oprah interview.

One thing that bothered me ( as a Woman) with Meghan bringing up a few times the stresses involved while She was pregnant and then her miscarriage, is that I NEVER understood why She did that interview with Oprah while pregnant. What WAS so urgent ? Would a few months have mattered? Especially, after Meghan claims She was actually suicidal during her first pregnancy. And as as we know now, while the Oprah interview was being filmed.......Prince Philip was dying, the World itself knew, he was 99 and ill.
I mean there was already lots going on in her World.

She had already suffered a miscarriage, and was two months from turning 40, as Lili was born in June, and Meghan's birthday is August. That in and of itself is a higher risk pregnancy.
She knew, as Harry did the grenades and bombshell attacks they would be throwing at the Royal Family. No stone left unturned, no damaging allegations "to out there" to not be mentioned. They knew there would be certain blowback.

Why then ? I went thru a trying pregnancy. I DID everything possible to keep a stress free and calm environment for myself and my baby.
That's What my focus was on.
Not creating UNNECESSARY drama.That's not a healthy or productive environment.
That's what I find so baffling.

I think it will be interesting to see her with Ellen. I predict a total charm offensive. Kinder and gentler with zero attacks on ANYONE in the Family.

Last edited:
One thing that bothered me ( as a Woman) with Meghan bringing up a few times the stresses involved while She was pregnant and then her miscarriage, is that I NEVER understood why She did that interview with Oprah while pregnant. What WAS so urgent ? Would a few months have mattered? Especially, after Meghan claims She was actually suicidal during her first pregnancy. And as as we know now......Prince Philip was dying, the World itself knew he was 99 and ill.
I mean there was already lots going on in her World.

She had already suffered a miscarriage, and was two months from turning 40, as Lili was born in June, and Meghan's birthday is August. That in and of itself is a higher risk pregnancy.
She knew, as Harry did the grenades and bombshell attacks they would be throwing at the Royal Family. No stone left unturned, no damaging allegations "to out there" to not be mentioned. They knew there would be certain blowback.

Why then ? I went thru a trying pregnancy. I did everything possible to keep a stress free and calm environment for myself and my baby.
That's What my focus was on.

As is becoming increasingly clear with time, she is blessed with many attributes (hardworking, a self-starter, good looking), but perhaps good judgement is not one of them.

Both Ellen and Meghan went through a similar experience of staff and former staff leaking to the press about how difficult and demanding they were. I'm curious to see if this is alluded to or given some spin.

Both Ellen and Meghan went through a similar experience of staff and former staff leaking to the press about how difficult and demanding they were. I'm curious to see if this is alluded to or given some spin.

Interesting "co-incidence" indeed. Judging by the short clip, I hope the interview would be light-hearted and not be "too serious" like the recent court case or bullying allegation.

I seem to remember that The Ellen Show is coming to an end and Series 19 will be the last one.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ellen-degeneres-show-end-1234951571/

I cannot help but query if this appearance might be timed to take the attention of the negative publicity from the recent revelations in court filings.

I doubt it. Ellen books guests well in advance.

This is her final season, on a world famous show, every guest would have been pre-arranged with military precision.

And remember Meghan, Ellen & Oprah are all neighbours in Montecito.

One thing that bothered me ( as a Woman) with Meghan bringing up a few times the stresses involved while She was pregnant and then her miscarriage, is that I NEVER understood why She did that interview with Oprah while pregnant. What WAS so urgent ? Would a few months have mattered?

I suspect it may have simply been that the interest level was higher then. Oprah is all about the highest ratings.

Now they've settled in California where they are happier, and the world has moved on.

If Meghan is smart, she'll have realized that at some point, she needs to get down to letting the past go, stop blaming people and events and move forward in the life she wants going into the future. It's time to start promoting what she wants to accomplish going forward and hopefully this Ellen interview will focus on that.

Of course with the past two years and their exit to California causing a big stir in the public domain, both Harry and Meghan felt that they needed to get their "story" out but that time has passed and now it's time to look ahead to where they're going in life and what they hope to accomplish. Hopefully this interview will give some indication of that. I still wish them well and success in whatever they do.

I don't do celebrity talk shows at all and don't intend to start but I'm sure I'll get the entire low down on this interview right here. :D

Last edited:
If Meghan is smart, she'll have realized that at some point, she needs to get down to letting the past go, stop blaming people and events and move forward in the life she wants going into the future. It's time to start promoting what she wants to accomplish going forward and hopefully this Ellen interview will focus on that.

Of course with the past two years and their exit to California causing a big stir in the public domain, both Harry and Meghan felt that they needed to get their "story" out but that time has passed and now it's time to look ahead to where they're going in life and what they hope to accomplish. Hopefully this interview will give some indication of that. I still wish them well and success in whatever they do.

I don't do celebrity talk shows at all and don't intend to start but I'm sure I'll get the entire low down on this interview right here. :D

While your suggestion is a rational one. You must remember that these two people live in their own alternate reality. They claim not to want to be working royals, but they act as if they should be respected and treated as such.

I am so over these two.

JMHO

Definitely a PR blitz to distract from her lies to the court. Also nice timing while the Cornwalls are visiting Jordan and the Cambridges are set to attend the Royal Variety Show.

Happy people who are at peace don't air out their bitterness in public.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s no bitterness expressed in this latest outing of Meghan’s. Just a light chat with Ellen about the old days when she was a working actress, and a few remarks about Lili and her teething. Neither Harry nor Meghan have publicly said anything about any members of the RF for about six months. And on their last excursion together at the Gala and then the army base they both did look happy, at peace and moving on.

For once, I have to agree with Curryong. If Meghan had said anything juicy about the royal family, they'd have at least hinted at it in the teaser. No talk show would pass up that opportunity for extra ratings.

While your suggestion is a rational one. You must remember that these two people live in their own alternate reality. They claim not to want to be working royals, but they act as if they should be respected and treated as such.

I am so over these two.

JMHO

Where do you get the impression that they expect to be treated like "working royals"? Do they expect people to curtsy to them? They live in America now, surrounded by Americans. Do they even know how to curtsy?

However, I think they are acting like celebrities, which is what they are at this point.

There are people who would love to see them disappear into a hole in the ground. However, DailyMail and other tabloids just can't seem to let it go. They don't have to publish articles about Harry and Meghan, but they can't help themselves. Why? Because people are interested in Harry and Meghan. Articles about them sell newspapers.

Is anyone aware of what Countess of Wessex is doing? I'm sure she is a nice person, but no one cares because she is exciting as watching grass grow.

Celebrities don't expect taxpayer-funded security for pseudo-"tours" or think it's appropriate to use meaningless foreign titles in American politics.

Sophie (the Countess of Wessex) was at the Cenotaph on Sunday, representing Her Majesty the Queen for Remembrance Day, with the other members of the boring Royal Family. Something Meghan did once, exactly, before deciding it wasn't for her. She's also been working with her patronages for months, and picking up the slack that Oprah-interviewees left behind.

Meghan has done what level of work by comparison, exactly? Especially if it didn't call attention to herself?

Not everyone finds her interesting. Let alone "exciting". I can think of a few other words...

I think they promised the Queen that they would not do interviews for a years after they left. So as soon as that year passed they did James Corden and then Oprah and Ellen. I do expect more.

I think they promised the Queen that they would not do interviews for a years after they left. So as soon as that year passed they did James Corden and then Oprah and Ellen. I do expect more.

I have no problem with them going on as many talk shows as they want, if that is how they intend to raise money. I do, however, have an exception with them using their British titles as they go about doing so. I have an even bigger issue with them lying brazenly time and again.

Last edited:

She's not just Ellen, to the children she is Auntie Ellen don't you know? LOL!

The LA Times has confirmed that Meghan's appearance on Ellen's show is to plug her book "The Bench."

Didn't they say they would do only the ONE interview...for Oprah?
And that would be it.

At least, that's what I recall.

The LA Times has confirmed that Meghan's appearance on Ellen's show is to plug her book "The Bench."

That is interesting I thought it was already a best seller, why would she need to plug it. I thought authors plugged books when they first came out,

Where do you get the impression that they expect to be treated like "working royals"? Do they expect people to curtsy to them? They live in America now, surrounded by Americans. Do they even know how to curtsy?

However, I think they are acting like celebrities, which is what they are at this point.

There are people who would love to see them disappear into a hole in the ground. However, DailyMail and other tabloids just can't seem to let it go. They don't have to publish articles about Harry and Meghan, but they can't help themselves. Why? Because people are interested in Harry and Meghan. Articles about them sell newspapers.

Is anyone aware of what Countess of Wessex is doing? I'm sure she is a nice person, but no one cares because she is exciting as watching grass grow.

Why pick on the Countess of Wessex, she does appear to be a nice person and didn't deserve that comment. IMO
She is very popular in the UK for being a nice person.

As a general note, not to anybody in particular: perhaps we could indeed all leave the cynical remarks aside - however tempting it may be for some to make them or not. These kind of remarks in the past often have led to the Sussex discussion spiralling out of control. That would have the unfortunate result that this thread would need to be closed again before it is due, accompanied by an ever greater reluctance among the mod. team -including myself- to re-open the thread.

The recent previous openings of this thread led to relatively cordial discussions and disagreements. Let's keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom