The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What details does he think he should have been given? Is it typical for someone denied protection to be given those details? What was he going to do with those details if he'd gotten them? Suppose that now he knows it's John Smith made the financial decision. How does that help him any?

Harry already has two lawsuits that are active surrounding his belief that he's entitled to full time RPO protection while he's in the UK. Perhaps he needs the names of all of those in order to get a few more lawsuits going while he's at it. In for a penny, in for a pound, y'know.

I can't see why the names of the people are so overly important. The "cabinet" decided as a whole to withdraw 24/7 protection and not any one individual person.

This lawsuit business is starting to get really absurd if you ask me. Don't like what is going on? Litigate... litigate... and litigate some more. Keeps your name in the news too. Maybe by the time these lawsuits are over, Harry will become so engrossed in the law that he'll return to school to actually become an attorney. Ya never know. :whistling:

Osipi, he could certainly save some money, that’s for sure! As you (of course) know, he’d have to get an undergraduate degree here before trying to get into law school:D

[...]
That and any (insert potentially problematic nation here) billionaire now also knows who to directly harass, thus putting those officers in potential danger.

The Home Officer and RAVEC as stated that he would get RPOs as needed, thus acknowledging that the security services are keeping watch on potential actual threats. No one wants him to get hurt.

I truly fail to see how he can't come to the UK except with the highest of security at all times when his US bodyguards might carry gun but also don't have secret intelligence access.

The Cambridges get papped sometimes but don't have their RPOs threaten any one with a camera phone. What exactly is Harry hoping they'll do? His own previous RPOs didn't stop paps or naked photos from leaking because that isn't their job. Nor is it the job of the Secret Service in the US.

As I've said before, I feel sorry for Harry if he truly believes this and I can see why he does but it feels like a tantrum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait. So he proudly announced his leaving because he thought he'd retain his RPO, then realized he wouldn't, insisted on it but didn't bother to ask anyone to explain to him what the procedure was and why he couldn't get to know who decided (so he could pound his royal fist on the table, I suppose)? And then he simply started a lawsuit against Home Office instead of *asking* why things were this way? And that was before this last lawsuit in which his lawyer seemed to be confused as to why they were there?

What a mess. Do British courts have this much spare time to indulge the likes of this? Looks rather frivolous to me.

The thread is being opened for discussion of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's appearance at the NAACP Image Awards.

To avoid having the thread closed again, please limit discussion to this recently posted bit of news.

Also, a review of the rules regarding posting for the Sussex thread might be in order, since some members appear to have forgotten what those are. If you would like to have a link posted to a news item, you must first email a request to the British forum moderating team, do not post it on your own just because the thread is open. It may result in the thread being closed and the item being removed.

In addition, please refer to the list on the first page of this thread for news sources that are considered reliable.

I think Meghan looked very beautiful. Her mother is incredibly youthful looking.

It's hard to believe that they are mother and daughter.

I agree. I think Doria has been bathing in the Fountain of Youth for many years and her daughter seems to be following in the same footsteps. I was extremely pleased to see Harry and Meghan looking contented and happy together, receiving an award from a very prestigious and notable organisation.

I agree. I think Doria has been bathing in the Fountain of Youth for many years and her daughter seems to be following in the same footsteps. I was extremely pleased to see Harry and Meghan looking contented and happy together, receiving an award from a very prestigious and notable organisation.

The President's Award from the NAACP is nothing to be sneezed at and it is refreshing to see something so positive concerning Harry and Meghan and hopefully it will be the first of many acknowledgments of their work to come in the future. ?

What lovely pictures. Meghan and Her mother looked radiant and youthful.

Thank you for posting

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared on stage at the NAACP Image Awards last night to accept the President's Award in recognition of special achievement and distinguished public service:

** rex gallery ** people.com article ** dailymail article **

Not sure it is fitting for a Prince and Princess of the United Kingdom to become awards-focussed. I agree the Duchess looked radiant, just not sure I agree with why they were at the event in the first place.

I am really interested in the NAACP-Archewell Digital Civil Rights Award that the two organizations created, especially since it comes with a stipend for the winner. So much of the world runs because of the digital sphere, and there are many people of color building platforms specifically for social and political advocacy who only need the means and word-of-mouth to succeed in those goals. This award will help them a lot. Good forward thinking for the NAACP and HRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Sounds like it is all about their name (and cooperation with this organization) and not really about the work they've been doing with Archewell - as that would require much more time to materialize and really make a significant contribution.

I don't see anything really substantive that they've done to merit an award. Surely there are much more deserving, albeit less high profile, candidates.

To give them their due (& lets be honest there's been an awful lot to criticise) creating a prize does seem like a positive step.

That said any member of the rf receiving a personal prize does jar. But to be charitable maybe it makes more sense in American culture.

Last edited:
As forwarded to us by AC21091968

AC21091968 said:
It was reported that The Duchess of Sussex is facing legal actions from Samantha Markle over the conversation made in the Oprah Interview. More specifically, Samantha Markle claimed that Meghan told multiple lies about her upbringing, including the “rags to royalty”. Meghan's attorney, Michael Kump, has told TMZ hitting back Samantha calling the lawsuit "baseless and absurd" and will not bring attention to it.

"This baseless and absurd lawsuit is just a continuation of a pattern of disturbing behavior. We will give it the minimum attention necessary, which is all it deserves."

Meghan Markle Sued by Half-sister over Claims Made in Oprah Tell-all Interview
Duchess of Sussex previously told Oprah Winfrey she last saw half-sister 19 years ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...gn=Main&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1646417922
Archived link: https://archive.ph/r7AdM

Meghan Markle's Lawyers Brand Sister's Lawsuit 'Baseless and Absurd'
https://www.newsweek.com/meghan-mar...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1646395171-1

With all the toing and froing into courts for litigation that the Sussexes have been doing lately, what keeps going through my mind is that there's going to be a revival of a lot of "Here comes da judge!". Remember Laugh-In?

You'd think with all that is really going on in today's world that petty or imagined offenses would seem trivial but not when lured by the prospect of the almighty green dollar.

Not sure it is fitting for a Prince and Princess of the United Kingdom to become awards-focussed. I agree the Duchess looked radiant, just not sure I agree with why they were at the event in the first place.
Well the BAMBI award that was given to Princess Mary of Denmark was a cause for celebration and appreciation that the Danish Royal Family were in touch with ordinary people both at home and abroad.

Let's take the NAACP award in the spirit with which it was given and received. Not everything that Harry and Meghan do is wrong, evil or poisonous.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Samantha's lawsuit didn't mention the claims Meghan made to Scobie about the custody of Samantha's children, that came out in the Daily Mail lawsuit. Maybe that part was actually true. Or maybe it's in there somewhere and the media just isn't reporting on that part.

With all the toing and froing into courts for litigation that the Sussexes have been doing lately, what keeps going through my mind is that there's going to be a revival of a lot of "Here comes da judge!". Remember Laugh-In?

You'd think with all that is really going on in today's world that petty or imagined offenses would seem trivial but not when lured by the prospect of the almighty green dollar.

To be fair to Samantha, Meghan's comment to Oprah about Samantha's three different children by different men and losing custody was abhorrent. She was married to the fathers of those children. There were two fathers and three children.

To be fair to Samantha, Meghan's comment to Oprah about Samantha's three different children by different men and losing custody was abhorrent. She was married to the fathers of those children. There were two fathers and three children.
I completely agree with you. I do not especially like Samantha but here she is right !

Well the BAMBI award that was given to Princess Mary of Denmark was a cause for celebration and appreciation that the Danish Royal Family were in touch with ordinary people both at home and

Let's take the NAACP award in the spirit with which it was given and received. Not everything that Harry and Meghan do is wrong, evil or poisonous.

I agree. Nonprofits often give awards to high profile people as a legitimate way of raising their profile. The NAACP would have never gotten the publicity they received if they gave the award to a non-celebrity. NAACP gets additional publicity to bring awareness to their work and to get more people involved. Harry and Meghan get the prestige and credibility, which will also benefit NAACP as their partnership with Harry and Meghan continues.

Exactly, if the Sussexes can sue for every minor untruths from the media, then it's only fair for Samantha to have the right to do the same.

I agree. Nonprofits often give awards to high profile people as a legitimate way of raising their profile. The NAACP would have never gotten the publicity they received if they gave the award to a non-celebrity. NAACP gets additional publicity to bring awareness to their work and to get more people involved. Harry and Meghan get the prestige and credibility, which will also benefit NAACP as their partnership with Harry and Meghan continues.
They paid for this award basically its a PR award not award on merit. Thats lame and it diminishes the meaning of this award in the first place.
This guy can explain it better why these two does not deserve it and there are others in america who have the same opinion.
They even used Harrys foreign British title and work on behalf of the UK government for this AMERICAN award. What has he done for americans to deserve this award. It reeks.

They paid for this award basically its a PR award not award on merit. Thats lame and it diminishes the meaning of this award in the first place.
This guy can explain it better why these two does not deserve it and there are others in america who have the same opinion.
They even used Harrys foreign British title and work on behalf of the UK government for this AMERICAN award. What has he done for americans to deserve this award. It reeks.

That's indeed an important difference: Harry and Meghan created an award (and I assume pay for the stipend with money raised through Archewell) and in return received the most prestigious one of that same organization. That's different than an organization picking a more famous person over a less famous person when deciding on whom to pick for an award.

Exactly, if the Sussexes can sue for every minor untruths from the media, then it's only fair for Samantha to have the right to do the same.

Samantha can file all the lawsuits she wants. Good luck to her not having it thrown out. I read her filing and it basically boils down to she is upset that Meghan won't acknowledge her. She also contradicts herself quite a bit in the actual statements. It reads as if she is her own attorney (and she might be). She should focus on fixing her own relationship with her kids and stop obsessing about a half sibling who hasn't been in her life for years.

As for the NAACP award? I do have to chuckle at people being upset over it and even having the nerve to attack the organization for selecting them. And that Bishop Swan literally was praising sexual predator Bill Cosby and talked down the women who were his victims. His opinion is not one I care about.

I agree that was a nasty and uncalled for remark by Meghan but if it happens to be the truth where is the defamation?

And the curious thing is that Samantha's main grievance seems to be that Meghan lied about growing up poor and having to work her way through school.

I agree with Samantha that Meghan lied and/or embellished the truth about her upbringing, but again, how exactly has this lie defamed Samantha?:sad:

Last edited:
[...]Samantha can file all the lawsuits she wants. Good luck to her not having it thrown out. I read her filing and it basically boils down to she is upset that Meghan won't acknowledge her. [...]

As you are discussing the contents of the filing in this thread, could you post it here?

[...] literally was praising sexual predator Bill Cosby and talked down the women who were his victims. His opinion is not one I care about.

I have no idea what the Twitter poster has or has not said regarding people other than Prince Harry (and I suspect that discussion would be deemed off-topic for this thread), but the original TRF poster was not discussing the Twitter poster's other opinions or suggesting that you ought to care about him. She posted the specific tweet as a reflection of her own opinion on the current thread topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom