The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 12:34 PM
Courtier

While we all knew they were going to be included in this list, I think it was a little bit overdone.

It's not their fault, the photos look absolutely awful - photoshoped beyond any rational stage - that when I saw them for the first time, I thought it was a shot from the Lifetime movie and not the real Harry and Meghan But I was glad NOT to see Harry in another blue suit. So... meh.

The little blur by Andrés is as sweet as cotton candy, but that is to be expected, they had to explain the choice somehow. I laughed about the last sentence: "They run toward the struggle."

Quite ironic in their case.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think that it is a good thing that the focus of all the 100 on the list is basically because of the good things those 100 have accomplished and that is the full monty of why they were selected. Nothing else figures in. Not the scandals, not the reputation or judgment of the court of popular opinion or even status and wealth. Time magazine deemed them noteworthy and, IMO, that is what matters in this case.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Osipi, Donald Trump is there, too. And Modi, Joe Manchin, and the president of Iran. Notoriety = influence.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are among the Time Magazine's 2021 list of the 100 most influential people and new portraits have been made for this:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** time.com: Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex **

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are doing "their thing" and pursuing their private careers in the US where they are celebrities (banking on their royal titles, of which they were not stripped). In the UK, most people probably don't care except their more ardent fans and enemies of the monarchy who want to use the Sussexes as weapons against the next King(s).
Old 09-16-2021, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Osipi, Donald Trump is there, too. And Modi, Joe Manchin, and the president of Iran. Notoriety = influence.
Exactly. Notoriety comes in all kinds of assorted flavors and packaging. They are people that stand out in our world for this or that. No judgment, no
bias, no collecting $200 for passing Go. It is just a list.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Exactly. Notoriety comes in all kinds of assorted flavors and packaging. They are people that stand out in our world for this or that. No judgment, no
bias, no collecting $200 for passing Go. It is just a list.
But then you can't really say "everyone is basically there for the good things they accomplished".
Old 09-16-2021, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
But then you can't really say "everyone is basically there for the good things they accomplished".
Right. I stand corrected. Back to the topic of the Sussexes making the top 100.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
While we all knew they were going to be included in this list, I think it was a little bit overdone.

It's not their fault, the photos look absolutely awful - photoshoped beyond any rational stage - that when I saw them for the first time, I thought it was a shot from the Lifetime movie and not the real Harry and Meghan But I was glad NOT to see Harry in another blue suit. So... meh.

The little blur by Andrés is as sweet as cotton candy, but that is to be expected, they had to explain the choice somehow. I laughed about the last sentence: "They run toward the struggle."

Quite ironic in their case.

Yeah. I thought the pictures weren’t flattering. At all.

The last sentence was rather ironic all things considered. Not to mention waaaay over the top imo.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:09 PM
Commoner

It's nice to see that, in spite not being working members of the British Royal Family anymore, HRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still practices its main values of using their wealth and privilege to help and speak for those without either or those. After seeing everyone else on the list, I would conclude that they're in good company, for better or for worst.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Well considering these photos have produced days of nonstop chatter --- I think it was quite fitting they were included. My goodness. Lol
Old 09-17-2021, 12:54 PM
Gentry

Well, I don't know how influencial they are, I can't judge that, but they certainly are among the very few on that list I know about.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRach Dominion View Post
It's nice to see that, in spite not being working members of the British Royal Family anymore, HRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still practices its main values of using their wealth and privilege to help and speak for those without either or those. After seeing everyone else on the list, I would conclude that they're in good company, for better or for worst.
If I might respectfully say so this sounds like a misunderstanding of the role of the rf. It's only fair to point out that the main value in having a rf lies in its members supporting the crown & representing the British people. It's certainly not about the importance of individual members in it.

As to whether h&m fit that criteria is for others to say.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

That TIME cover is hands down the most unflattering photo I have ever seen of the Sussexes.

It's almost as if they were being spoofed instead of celebrated....with Harry seeming to be trying to hide behind his excessively photoshopped wife.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-17-2021, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That TIME cover is hands down the most unflattering photo I have ever seen of the Sussexes.

It's almost as if they were being spoofed instead of celebrated....with Harry seeming to be trying to hide behind his excessively photoshopped wife.
I thought the same. This is a shame, since the Sussexes are a stunning couple.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photoshopped or not, it's clear that it's the Sussex couple and that, really, is all that matters. :)
Old 09-17-2021, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Photoshopped or not, it's clear that it's the Sussex couple and that, really, is all that matters. :)

Amen
Old 09-23-2021, 09:50 AM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited the One World Observatory at One World Trade Center in New York City today, September 23:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** ppe gallery **

** dm article: It's wonderful to be back! Meghan and Harry are joined by NYC Mayor de Blasio..**

Old 09-23-2021, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

So the Mayor of NYC & the Governor of NY State formally greet a private couple who represent nobody but themselves & who live in the same country.

Do elected officials normally line up to meet celebrities in the USA? I would have thought it was the other way round. Maybe one of our US members could explain.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

https://twitter.com/USAmbUN/status/1441106513334919172

Harry and Meghan meeting with Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Yes that's all very well but why do these two get access to this US ambassador?

Can any US citizen get a meeting with such a senior member of the US diplomatic service? He's not even an American!

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, lili mountbatten-windsor