The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful to see Harry. He made IMO a well thought out speech, especially mentioning the inequality of supply around the world with regard to vaccines. As he said…

[FONT=&quot]“That must include sharing vaccine science and supporting and empowering developing countries with more flexibility. Where you are born should not affect your ability to survive when the drugs and know-how exist to keep you alive and well.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Heartfelt and well earned praise too for the entire team behind Oxford AstraZenaka, including of course the two women honoured, Professors Dame Sarah Gilbert and Catherine Green. [/FONT]

Last edited:
The accompanying article was lovely, focusing on HRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's long history of philanthropy, especially since it was written by one of their longtime friends and philanthropic associates, Chef Jose Andres. I love the pictures, especially the one with them walking hand-in-hand in the woods. They both look good in green. A nice birthday present for HRH The Duke of Sussex.

I like that this is focused on the *both* of them as a couple. It's recognizing the philanthropic work that they both have done over the years and continue to do. It's a good way to keep in the public domain, the work they want to continue to do as a couple and as individuals. Can't fault that at all!

The photo of them walking hand in hand is lovely but the other two pictures are overly photoshopped in my opinion.

What exactly did they do in the matter of philanthropic work except talk about it ?

What exactly did they do in the matter of philanthropic work except talk about it ?

I'd like to believe that all the philanthropic work they did as working royals figured in along with individual work they've both done since reaching adulthood (perhaps even earlier too). A change in status, employment, residence and lifestyle would never erase any good works that have gone before

A very nice birthday present for Harry especially as the Press has not always been so kind, to say the least. The photos were heavily photoshopped but that was hardly the couple’s fault, and IMO they clearly show how close and loving they are still after three and a half years of marriage and over five together.

Jose Andres wrote in the accompanying article about their philanthropy which he knows of first hand through their generous contributions to his charity work with World Central Kitchen in poorer nations suffering crisis situations.

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebri...prince-harry-archewell-world-central-kitchen/

https://www.today.com/food/meghan-markle-prince-harry-team-world-central-kitchen-t204423

https://wck.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8pXYhKKC8wIVUjUrCh1niA9QEAAYASAAEgKOCPD_BwE

Last edited:
TIME usually has a big fancy publicized dinner to recognize the new 100. It would be cool if H and M went. We have not seen some formal glamour from her in a while.

Current and past "100 people" attend and things get pretty jolly. I've read that everyone wants a bit of facetime with Henry Kissinger!

While we all knew they were going to be included in this list, I think it was a little bit overdone.

It's not their fault, the photos look absolutely awful - photoshoped beyond any rational stage - that when I saw them for the first time, I thought it was a shot from the Lifetime movie and not the real Harry and Meghan :lol: But I was glad NOT to see Harry in another blue suit. So... meh.

The little blur by Andrés is as sweet as cotton candy, but that is to be expected, they had to explain the choice somehow. I laughed about the last sentence: "They run toward the struggle."

Quite ironic in their case.

I think that it is a good thing that the focus of all the 100 on the list is basically because of the good things those 100 have accomplished and that is the full monty of why they were selected. Nothing else figures in. Not the scandals, not the reputation or judgment of the court of popular opinion or even status and wealth. Time magazine deemed them noteworthy and, IMO, that is what matters in this case.

Osipi, Donald Trump is there, too. And Modi, Joe Manchin, and the president of Iran. Notoriety = influence.

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are among the Time Magazine's 2021 list of the 100 most influential people and new portraits have been made for this:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** time.com: Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex **

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are doing "their thing" and pursuing their private careers in the US where they are celebrities (banking on their royal titles, of which they were not stripped). In the UK, most people probably don't care except their more ardent fans and enemies of the monarchy who want to use the Sussexes as weapons against the next King(s).

Osipi, Donald Trump is there, too. And Modi, Joe Manchin, and the president of Iran. Notoriety = influence.

Exactly. Notoriety comes in all kinds of assorted flavors and packaging. They are people that stand out in our world for this or that. No judgment, no
bias, no collecting $200 for passing Go. It is just a list.

Exactly. Notoriety comes in all kinds of assorted flavors and packaging. They are people that stand out in our world for this or that. No judgment, no
bias, no collecting $200 for passing Go. It is just a list.

But then you can't really say "everyone is basically there for the good things they accomplished".

But then you can't really say "everyone is basically there for the good things they accomplished".

Right. I stand corrected. Back to the topic of the Sussexes making the top 100. ?

While we all knew they were going to be included in this list, I think it was a little bit overdone.

It's not their fault, the photos look absolutely awful - photoshoped beyond any rational stage - that when I saw them for the first time, I thought it was a shot from the Lifetime movie and not the real Harry and Meghan :lol: But I was glad NOT to see Harry in another blue suit. So... meh.

The little blur by Andrés is as sweet as cotton candy, but that is to be expected, they had to explain the choice somehow. I laughed about the last sentence: "They run toward the struggle."

Quite ironic in their case.

Yeah. I thought the pictures weren’t flattering. At all.

The last sentence was rather ironic all things considered. Not to mention waaaay over the top imo.

It's nice to see that, in spite not being working members of the British Royal Family anymore, HRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still practices its main values of using their wealth and privilege to help and speak for those without either or those. After seeing everyone else on the list, I would conclude that they're in good company, for better or for worst.

Well considering these photos have produced days of nonstop chatter --- I think it was quite fitting they were included. My goodness. Lol

Well, I don't know how influencial they are, I can't judge that, but they certainly are among the very few on that list I know about. :lol:

It's nice to see that, in spite not being working members of the British Royal Family anymore, HRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex still practices its main values of using their wealth and privilege to help and speak for those without either or those. After seeing everyone else on the list, I would conclude that they're in good company, for better or for worst.

If I might respectfully say so this sounds like a misunderstanding of the role of the rf. It's only fair to point out that the main value in having a rf lies in its members supporting the crown & representing the British people. It's certainly not about the importance of individual members in it.

As to whether h&m fit that criteria is for others to say.

Last edited:
That TIME cover is hands down the most unflattering photo I have ever seen of the Sussexes.:sad:

It's almost as if they were being spoofed instead of celebrated....with Harry seeming to be trying to hide behind his excessively photoshopped wife.

That TIME cover is hands down the most unflattering photo I have ever seen of the Sussexes.:sad:

It's almost as if they were being spoofed instead of celebrated....with Harry seeming to be trying to hide behind his excessively photoshopped wife.

I thought the same. This is a shame, since the Sussexes are a stunning couple.

Photoshopped or not, it's clear that it's the Sussex couple and that, really, is all that matters. :)

So the Mayor of NYC & the Governor of NY State formally greet a private couple who represent nobody but themselves & who live in the same country.

Do elected officials normally line up to meet celebrities in the USA? I would have thought it was the other way round. Maybe one of our US members could explain.

Yes that's all very well but why do these two get access to this US ambassador?

Can any US citizen get a meeting with such a senior member of the US diplomatic service? He's not even an American!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom