The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 06-11-2021, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Given the timing of the killings, don't you think that the Diana connection was known by the killers and that they are counting on Harry to go bonkers, which draws attention to their cause?

Frankly I don't believe that the Diana connection had any bearing on the attack. IMO Prince Harry made an appropriately dignified statement acknowledging the gravity of the situation
__________________

  #122  
Old 06-11-2021, 12:48 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,526
Say what you will about Harry's behavior since he rode into the California sunset and the land of Oprah but one thing doesn't change. Harry's deep rooted passion and concern for those that are affected by the causes that he has taken on for himself. Not the ones representing the monarchy and the Queen but the ones he, himself, has devoted his time and energies to. HALO is one of those. He has stepped into his mother's shoes to continue to support the work that HALO does and that should never be looked down on.

I really would have been very surprised and even disappointed if Harry *didn't* speak out on this atrocity. We all should be aghast and condemn this kind of attack on people trying to do something good in this world. As far as a "conspiracy theory" that it was done to "get at" Harry, that is really elevating Harry to a place where he doesn't belong. He may be controversial at this time but to make Harry a central figure in a plot that took lives of people working for HALO, is just beyond the pale for me.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #123  
Old 06-11-2021, 02:01 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry’s message about this terrible massacre is heartfelt.
It is the right message for Harry to deliver after the terrible and completely unnecessary deaths.

I do not say this lightly, however, IMO, how heartfelt the message really is, is not something any of us can comment on. I would not normally make a comment like this, but after Harry's recent comments about his visit to Nepal, to me, it really is difficult to ascertain what is and what isn't heartfelt from him.
  #124  
Old 06-11-2021, 02:18 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
Harry became a Patron of Halo Trust in 2013 following his mother Diana, and if he didn’t wish to acknowledge these deaths, as a private citizen then IMO he wouldn’t have done so. In my view he wished to comment on this terrible tragedy and draw attention to it internationally. Which he did in his very moving statement.
  #125  
Old 06-11-2021, 02:22 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry became a Patron of Halo Trust in 2013 following his mother Diana, and if he didn’t wish to acknowledge these deaths, as a private citizen then IMO he wouldn’t have done so. In my view he wished to comment on this terrible tragedy and draw attention to it internationally. Which he did in his very moving statement.
Indeed. However, his recent comments in relation to the Nepal trip in 2016(?) were a good example, in his own very words, of the duplicity at play.
  #126  
Old 06-11-2021, 02:41 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
We will have to agree to disagree on Harry’s statement then. You choose to regard it as insincere and possibly duplicitous, I choose to believe the statement is sincere and heartfelt. To each his and her own.
  #127  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
We will have to agree to disagree on Harry’s statement then. You choose to regard it as insincere and possibly duplicitous, I choose to believe the statement is sincere and heartfelt. To each his and her own.
Harry probably is horrified over the HALO Trust murders. And I hope that statement is really from the heart.

However Muriel brings up an interesting point which is entirely of Harry's own making.

In 2016 he seemed truly heartfelt in his desire to be in Nepal to the point of staying on a few extra days to help. He recorded a message which talked about it in September 2020 where again he seemed sincere.

Not even a month ago complained about having to go to Nepal to honour the Gurkhas who had protected him in Afghanistan and people who had lost everything in an earthquake. He came across as completely lacking in any compassion for those that risked their lives for him and others who had never had as much as him and had literally had their lives destroyed.

No mention of "I was burned out but it was still good to help people".

So was he lying then or was he lying a few weeks ago?

He himself has called into question his own sincerity as a humanitarian, which wasn't something I thought we were ever going to see. I'm not sure he meant to do that in his rush to tear down everything in his old life but he mentioned it several times in different interviews when in the past he seemed at least game to turn up and meet people. It's all very sad actually.

Quote:
Harry has never attacked his grandmother in words or deeds. I’ve also seen Harry in real life several times and he was affable, cheerful, caring towards those he met. Halo was taken over from his mother Diana who also devoted many years of her short adult life to charity work and did it with warmth and love.
Yes he did. Every time they attacked the "institution" they attacked her. When they stormed out with a list of public demands they attack her in deed. When they tried to separate her from "The Firm" and pretend she's just an old dear who constantly gets and follows terrible advice they attacked her. There were lots of articles in the last few days that say this has been a real frustration for her with Harry and Meghan.

You can't tear down a corporation as toxic one day, including all the senior execs and make zoom waffles with the CEO the next.
  #128  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Harry probably is horrified over the HALO Trust murders. And I hope that statement is really from the heart.

However Muriel brings up an interesting point which is entirely of Harry's own making.

In 2016 he seemed truly heartfelt in his desire to be in Nepal to the point of staying on a few extra days to help. He recorded a message which talked about it in September 2020 where again he seemed sincere.

Not even a month ago complained about having to go to Nepal to honour the Gurkhas who had protected him in Afghanistan and people who had lost everything in an earthquake. He came across as completely lacking in any compassion for those that risked their lives for him and others who had never had as much as him and had literally had their lives destroyed.

No mention of "I was burned out but it was still good to help people".

So was he lying then or was he lying a few weeks ago?

He himself has called into question his own sincerity as a humanitarian, which wasn't something I thought we were ever going to see. I'm not sure he meant to do that in his rush to tear down everything in his old life but he mentioned it several times in different interviews when in the past he seemed at least game to turn up and meet people. It's all very sad actually.



Yes he did. Every time they attacked the "institution" they attacked her. When they stormed out with a list of public demands they attack her in deed. When they tried to separate her from "The Firm" and pretend she's just an old dear who constantly gets and follows terrible advice they attacked her. There were lots of articles in the last few days that say this has been a real frustration for her with Harry and Meghan.

You can't tear down a corporation as toxic one day, including all the senior execs and make zoom waffles with the CEO the next.
True, he has included his grandmothter in the "bad parenting" of the RF...
WRT his sincerity, I agree that I HAD thought that whatever his faults, he had a sincere desire to help those who were less fortunate. But HE chose to rip that apart and say that he didn't like royal work at all, that he was pretty much forced into it and worked so hard (really?) and that he didn't like meeting people who were less fortunate. Which basically means that the "Harry who liked meeting people and wanted to do good" was presumably an illusion and he was acting all the time and secretly hating it all.. and envying those who were "free" even if they were desperately poor....
It was a damning statement, as I think that even people who thought he was not very bright or a bit bullish, or just didn't like him, still would have said that he seemed sincerely caring towards people.... and now form his own lips, he has said that he wasn't.
  #129  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:24 AM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
True, he has included his grandmothter in the "bad parenting" of the RF...
WRT his sincerity, I agree that I HAD thought that whatever his faults, he had a sincere desire to help those who were less fortunate. But HE chose to rip that apart and say that he didn't like royal work at all, that he was pretty much forced into it and worked so hard (really?) and that he didn't like meeting people who were less fortunate. Which basically means that the "Harry who liked meeting people and wanted to do good" was presumably an illusion and he was acting all the time and secretly hating it all.. and envying those who were "free" even if they were desperately poor....
It was a damning statement, as I think that even people who thought he was not very bright or a bit bullish, or just didn't like him, still would have said that he seemed sincerely caring towards people.... and now form his own lips, he has said that he wasn't.

Excellent observation.
  #130  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:29 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Excellent observation.
I really do wonder what he is thinking now during his occasional forays into doing something charitable like delivering food parcels. Is this something he has to do to make him and Meghan look relevant and helpful? Does he hate doing it? Or does he like it better because its in America? Far as I can see he' has done the odd day or 2, and its usually appeared on the web somewhere... like his appearance in a military cemetery in November.
  #131  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:34 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I really do wonder what he is thinking now during his occasional forays into doing something charitable like delivering food parcels. Is this something he has to do to make him and Meghan look relevant and helpful? Does he hate doing it? Or does he like it better because its in America? Far as I can see he' has done the odd day or 2, and its usually appeared on the web somewhere... like his appearance in a military cemetery in November.
Very fair points. Given Harry's recent pronouncements, it is not difficult to start to question the motives behind his appearances at the LA cemetery (complete with photographer), or volunteering and delivering food parcels.
  #132  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:40 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Very fair points. Given Harry's recent pronouncements, it is not difficult to start to question the motives behind his appearances at the LA cemetery (complete with photographer), or volunteering and delivering food parcels.
Hm, at first I thought that although IM sure they publicised the appearances at a charity centre and a school and so on, there was something genuine in doing them... at least on H's part. He seems to love kids and get on well with them.. and I would have thought that on leaving the RF, he would have been delighted to say "Im going to give up the formal stuff and get into some hands on charity work with kids or the like"... but instead most of his time seems to be dedicated to talking to Netflix, and to going on about his mental health and his problems with the RF... and very little seems to be hands on charity work. And after what he siad a few weeks ago, you wonder is that because he really doesn't like doing it that much and only does it for show.
  #133  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:44 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 217
All these leaks-that-aren't-really-leaks make me wonder if they're paying for things by way of free publicity rather than with money, or even if they've got some kind of referral/affiliate deal worked out with the florist, the birthing center, etc. Though that still doesn't explain why they won't ever put their own names on those releases.

EDIT: The British doctor name-dropped in the article has a website selling all kinds of classes and treatments focusing on their brand of "birth experience." How utterly unsurprising.
  #134  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:45 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
He himself has called into question his own sincerity as a humanitarian
Oh c'mon!

One can get tired of every job. And this was his job: Being a "charity royal". He did not chose to become one - he had to do it... until he did quit. And what we know now is, that it was not always his calling.

And I hope I will not destroy any illusions you have, but the Cambridges too have good and bad days... and sometimes their smiling and their shown interest in the fate of their future subjects might be not as sincere as it seems...
  #135  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,621
The cemetery photoshoot was 100% about them and pretending to be working royals but just in LA. IF they had wanted it to be about honouring Remembrance Sunday they could have released a photo of the wreath having been laid at the Guard's Chapel by an old colleague or something.

As for various other volunteering? Who knows what's really in their hearts but it certainly muddies the waters when you realise the photos that are released are copyrighted by DDOS.
  #136  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:47 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Oh c'mon!

One can get tired of every job. And this was his job: Being a "charity royal". He did not chose to become one - he had to do it... until he did quit. And what we know now is, that it was not always his calling.

And I hope I will not destroy any illusions you have, but the Cambridges too have good and bad days... and sometimes their smiling and their shown interest in the fate of their future subjects might be not as sincere as it seems...
I imagine the Cambridges have days where they feel exactly the way Harry now says he felt about the Nepal trip. But we don't hear about it, because they choose not to undermine their own work and their own sincerity by publicly voicing those sorts of complaints. That's a pretty big difference.
  #137  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:49 AM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I really do wonder what he is thinking now during his occasional forays into doing something charitable like delivering food parcels. Is this something he has to do to make him and Meghan look relevant and helpful? Does he hate doing it? Or does he like it better because its in America? Far as I can see he' has done the odd day or 2, and its usually appeared on the web somewhere... like his appearance in a military cemetery in November.
There's a saying popular with regular people. "Where ever you go, there you are."
  #138  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:50 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
I imagine the Cambridges have days where they feel exactly the way Harry now says he felt about the Nepal trip. But we don't hear about it, because they choose not to undermine their own work and their own sincerity by publicly voicing those sorts of complaints. That's a pretty big difference.
And if Harry didn't like the charity side of his royal job.. why do much the same thing in the US? All these talks about the RF and mental health are meant to be "helpful to others". So are the occasional pop ins to charities or the mention of donations that their foundation gives and their Zoom calls.
  #139  
Old 06-11-2021, 03:55 AM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
The cemetery photoshoot was 100% about them and pretending to be working royals but just in LA. IF they had wanted it to be about honouring Remembrance Sunday they could have released a photo of the wreath having been laid at the Guard's Chapel by an old colleague or something.

The cemetery photo op was shameful. Especially the way, during their "solemn walk" over American military graves, Meghan poked her head out at a weird angle to make sure her whole face was in the shot.
  #140  
Old 06-11-2021, 04:01 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Oh c'mon!

One can get tired of every job. And this was his job: Being a "charity royal". He did not chose to become one - he had to do it... until he did quit. And what we know now is, that it was not always his calling.

And I hope I will not destroy any illusions you have, but the Cambridges too have good and bad days... and sometimes their smiling and their shown interest in the fate of their future subjects might be not as sincere as it seems...
Nope. When he choses to say "I didn't want to be there" "I was jealous of those people because they were "freer" even though they were poor" "They used me as a yes man and sent me to Nepal, boohoo" but forgetting to mention that it was for the Gurkhas and to help earthquake victims and he was chosen because he had a special connection to Nepal. When he complains they worked him so hard, too hard but he had 100 engagements that year which put him 11th in the family below his 90 something grandfather, grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins. Yes I think that has utterly destroyed his image of humanitarian Harry.

I know royals don't want to be everywhere they're sent to. I have no illusions that they're delighted to always open community centres in Dunstable or make small talk with residents of care homes on a rainy Sunday afternoon but I expect them not to publicly complain about it because they don't work 9-5 and have a lot of perks in exchange.

He also had choices. He could have stayed in the army but chose to become a working royal. And had a lot more publicity than many of the others who have worked for decades without complaining

It was Harry's own pretty terrible words that has made everyone question him and his commitment to being a philanthropist via Archewell now. Harry wants to complain about everything BRF related these days but doesn't seem to realise it impacts his current ambitions which seem to be the same but commercial. Especially when he talks about trying to "monetise kindness".
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (1 members and 7 guests)
JoanHarry
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 3494 06-02-2021 02:19 AM
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2203 04-06-2021 12:08 PM
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank jewellery książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spain speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs unfinished portrait united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×