The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 06-10-2021, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
??? Why were they surprised he "got no title?|" He had a title of Earl of Dumbarton and they wouldn't use that. And he was not going to be a HRH Prince until Charles is king. According to what I understand, Meghan believed that he would not be a Prince because of his racial origin and that his security was tied to his being a Prince - which is not the case.
AFAIK Charles dind't pay for their security. They had it free in Canada.. and when the Canadians cut that off, that's when they moved to LA.
I was truly stunned by the Sussexes' thinking regarding who would be responsible for paying for their security once they chose to step back from senior royal duties. The British and Canadian taxpayers were generous enough to fund their costs while the couple resided in Vancouver but should not have been responsible after it was determined that they no longer wished to be official representatives of the monarchy and British government. As to thinking that Prince/Princess=full time security, they just had to look to Anne, Andrew, Edward, Beatrice, Eugenie, Richard, Edward Kent and Alexandra who all were born with the styles and titles of a prince/princess but who now no longer receive full time protection. I'm truly baffled as to why they thought that Charles should pick up those expenses.


Well as of now the couple have to consider covering the security expenses for little Lili too when they're planning their budgets.
__________________

  #102  
Old 06-10-2021, 03:40 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 57,320
The Duke of Sussex has released a statement regarding the killings of HALO staff in Afghanistan:


** Excerpt ** halotrust: A MESSAGE FROM PRINCE HARRY **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #103  
Old 06-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 946
We didn't need this information. And for a privacy obsessed couple, when it suits them anyway, to authorize one of their friends to share this level of detail including the names of the doctors? Really? And for those who want to scream about "we don't know who the source is and what if they didn't authorize it?" I'd say give it 24 hours. If there's no threat of a lawsuit then it's entirely authorized up to and including the names of the physicians involved.
https://people.com/royals/inside-meg...te-birth-plan/
  #104  
Old 06-10-2021, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
We didn't need this information. And for a privacy obsessed couple, when it suits them anyway, to authorize one of their friends to share this level of detail including the names of the doctors? Really? And for those who want to scream about "we don't know who the source is and what if they didn't authorize it?" I'd say give it 24 hours. If there's no threat of a lawsuit then it's entirely authorized up to and including the names of the physicians involved.
https://people.com/royals/inside-meg...te-birth-plan/
Ultra Private? Yet the details are released to People Magazine which only prints what PR people want them to print.

They are of course allowed to release whatever details of their daughter's birth they want to but let's not pretend there's anything private about this.

So now they release the Drs names when we were told that was ultra confidential, potentially life saving information with Archie in case pranksters got to them like the tragic nurse at the Lindo wing or targeted them because of conspiracy theories. And now we actually have confirmation of one of the doctors who over saw her when she was pregnant/giving birth to Archie.

So when Archie was born and it was standard royal protocol to announce when and where the birth had taken place and for the doctors to sign the letter for the official easel - nope can't do that, our baby, our privacy, circus etc. Again if that's what they wanted to do so be it. We found out Archie had been born at the Portland from his birth certificate.

Now when they aren't official public figures anymore they give her a "royal linked" name, release details of the hospital, doctors, birthing suites and their thoughts and feelings on everything as told by a "friend".

Explain this to me? I really don't get it. Do they just like being contrary? Or is this to cover over the name issue?

Again, they are free to make these choices but it's just a little confusing.
  #105  
Old 06-10-2021, 05:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Ultra Private? Yet the details are released to People Magazine which only prints what PR people want them to print.

They are of course allowed to release whatever details of their daughter's birth they want to but let's not pretend there's anything private about this.

So now they release the Drs names when we were told that was ultra confidential, potentially life saving information with Archie in case pranksters got to them like the tragic nurse at the Lindo wing or targeted them because of conspiracy theories. And now we actually have confirmation of one of the doctors who over saw her when she was pregnant/giving birth to Archie.

So when Archie was born and it was standard royal protocol to announce when and where the birth had taken place and for the doctors to sign the letter for the official easel - nope can't do that, our baby, our privacy, circus etc. Again if that's what they wanted to do so be it. We found out Archie had been born at the Portland from his birth certificate.

Now when they aren't official public figures anymore they give her a "royal linked" name, release details of the hospital, doctors, birthing suites and their thoughts and feelings on everything as told by a "friend".

Explain this to me? I really don't get it. Do they just like being contrary? Or is this to cover over the name issue?

Again, they are free to make these choices but it's just a little confusing.
has this been released by the Sussexes?
  #106  
Old 06-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Prinsara's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: A place to grow, Canada
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

Explain this to me? I really don't get it. Do they just like being contrary? Or is this to cover over the name issue?

Again, they are free to make these choices but it's just a little confusing.
They like being in control. Of their actions and their narrative. Can't do that playing in someone else's show.
  #107  
Old 06-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
has this been released by the Sussexes?
By "friends" via People Magazine which only prints what it is officially told to be publicists. And as _Heather_ says if we don't hear threats to sue over this "ultra private" event in a few hours.....
  #108  
Old 06-10-2021, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,957
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 5: June 2021-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
By "friends" via People Magazine which only prints what it is officially told to be publicists. And as _Heather_ says if we don't hear threats to sue over this "ultra private" event in a few hours.....

Indeed. People does have reliable sources.

Yep. One of the problems with threatening to sue over fairly IMO petty things- ie the BBC story about Lili’s name- is it really stands out when you don’t over other stories.

I read the People story and basically thought: who cares? This is- to me- not interesting information at all. EXCEPT- in how it so obviously contradicts their behavior when Archie was born. Everything was private then. Oh- and their need to emphasize how this is soooo much better than Archie’s birth. Of course.

I did lol at the emphasis on the female aspect of this birth plan. No surprise there.

Also- the 20 month total time off got another mention. I’m still amused that they want it to be publicly known that they’re taking lots of time off. From my POV they haven’t done much work wise. Nothing overly public anyway. So- who needs to know this? The time off sure isn’t silencing them either….
  #109  
Old 06-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
They like being in control. Of their actions and their narrative. Can't do that playing in someone else's show.


You hit the nail on the head. They like to be in control.

And- I think they feel they need the publicity now. They didn’t need it when Archie was born. Now- they need it to stay relevant. So- we’re given lots of information.
  #110  
Old 06-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,337
They've used friends contacting People Magazine before to let the world know that Meghan wrote a letter to her father...

I'm a bit surprised that the felt the need to have a doctor from the UK available from a distance. Are there truly no capable doctors in California that they entrusted themselves to for the birth of their daughter?
  #111  
Old 06-10-2021, 07:25 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
They've used friends contacting People Magazine before to let the world know that Meghan wrote a letter to her father...

I'm a bit surprised that the felt the need to have a doctor from the UK available from a distance. Are there truly no capable doctors in California that they entrusted themselves to for the birth of their daughter?
I'm not. Her UK OBGYN would have all the medical details regarding Meghan's first pregnancy. We have no idea if Meghan suffered from gestational diabetes, really high blood pressure etc that is far more prevalent with women who have children after 35. I see it as due diligence from her US medical team, even if Meghan had a "textbook" first pregnancy.
  #112  
Old 06-10-2021, 07:56 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I'm not. Her UK OBGYN would have all the medical details regarding Meghan's first pregnancy. We have no idea if Meghan suffered from gestational diabetes, really high blood pressure etc that is far more prevalent with women who have children after 35. I see it as due diligence from her US medical team, even if Meghan had a "textbook" first pregnancy.
It wouldn't be too hard to share her medical history instead of having her earlier Obgyn 'present' at the birth. Two of my family members had complicated pregnancies and deliveries but because they moved to a different part of the country between the first and second birth, they had different doctors attending to them; the first one was in no way involved with the second and third. If there had been questions in advance that weren't answered in the paperwork, I am sure they would have contacted them in advance - but in no way were they 'providing remote support'.

I guess, if you are important enough you can easily get this preferential treatment (they also wrote about a big security team - I am surprised that went unnoticed if it was that big). Preferential treatment is of course uncommon for members of the royal family but very different than for most women who give birth.
  #113  
Old 06-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Motor City, United States
Posts: 2
My first post! Yay!

It's so awesome that HRH The Duke of Sussex spoke out against the killings of the HALO trust workers, especially since their cause was so important to Diana, Princess of Wales. His mother would be so proud of him.

I hope he, HRH The Duchess of Sussex, Master Archie, and Miss Lilibet are enjoying their leave peacefully in Santa Barbara. Love the name and nickname, btw. HM The Queen must be ecstatic that her nickname will be preserved in her great-granddaughter, especially since many of the people who called her it have passed. And it's cool that, through names or nicknames, HRH The Prince of Wales's grandchildren can all rhyme (Georgie, Lotte, Louis, Archie, Lili)!
  #114  
Old 06-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRach Dominion View Post
My first post! Yay!

It's so awesome that HRH The Duke of Sussex spoke out against the killings of the HALO trust workers, especially since their cause was so important to Diana, Princess of Wales. His mother would be so proud of him.

I hope he, HRH The Duchess of Sussex, Master Archie, and Miss Lilibet are enjoying their leave peacefully in Santa Barbara. Love the name and nickname, btw. HM The Queen must be ecstatic that her nickname will be preserved in her great-granddaughter, especially since many of the people who called her it have passed. And it's cool that, through names or nicknames, HRH The Prince of Wales's grandchildren can all rhyme (Georgie, Lotte, Louis, Archie, Lili)!
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the royal forums and will learn a lot about the many royals all over the world!

Original thought. Yes, if you butcher Charlotte's name it is indeed possible - but in practice, I've never heard or seen her called that; so, in real life they don't...

(and Georgie sounds more like a girl's than boy's name imho)
  #115  
Old 06-10-2021, 09:33 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duke of Sussex has released a statement regarding the killings of HALO staff in Afghanistan:


** Excerpt ** halotrust: A MESSAGE FROM PRINCE HARRY **
Harry’s message about this terrible massacre is heartfelt. He took over this charity from his mother Diana, and reflects his feelings, shared by all who read about this. People just doing their jobs, very important work in the field, trying to make things better for others after war and conflict, just mowed down. Truly barbaric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the royal forums and will learn a lot about the many royals all over the world!

Original thought. Yes, if you butcher Charlotte's name it is indeed possible - but in practice, I've never heard or seen her called that; so, in real life they don't...

(and Georgie sounds more like a girl's than boy's name imho)
I do think that Lili goes well with Archie. Both have a Victorian quality about them. A woman in Belfast on one of William and Kate’s walkabouts there got into conversation with Kate about her small son. Kate then said ‘Oh he’s the same age as Lottie!’.


https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ttie-nickname/


I think that royals call their children by all sorts of nicknames or indulge them in their fantasies like names they call themselves (George’s ‘Archie’ for instance) just like other parents, especially if the child has been given a long name. They just shorten it.
  #116  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:04 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 5,769
So sad the saga. I actually went to one of the invictus games and bought a t shsirt. I saw Harry from afar, he seemed very nervous . I have recycled my t shirt. Actions speak louder than words. His actions and words towards his elderly grandmother who has devoted her life to the crown have been unacceptable. I do not believe any words he may easily transcribe over the internet can possibly make a difference
  #117  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:28 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
Harry has never attacked his grandmother in words or deeds. I’ve also seen Harry in real life several times and he was affable, cheerful, caring towards those he met. Halo was taken over from his mother Diana who also devoted many years of her short adult life to charity work and did it with warmth and love.

I believe Harry is truly shocked and horrified by what has happened to the Halo workers. And I also believe that he is sincere about his work with veterans over many years, including the Invictus Games he founded.
  #118  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:29 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry’s message about this terrible massacre is heartfelt. He took over this charity from his mother Diana, and reflects his feelings, shared by all who read about this. People just doing their jobs, very important work in the field, trying to make things better for others after war and conflict, just mowed down. Truly barbaric!
Given the timing of the killings, don't you think that the Diana connection was known by the killers and that they are counting on Harry to go bonkers, which draws attention to their cause?
  #119  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
What is ‘the cause’? Murdering people who are trying to save others? And this raid would have been planned in my view and was probably strictly local. They wouldn’t be worried about royal patronages connected to Halo.

Why would Harry ‘go bonkers’ over such acts? They are to be condemned by everybody, surely? And what did they expect him to do, take a posse and hunt them down personally? Harry’s statement was cool, professional, condemnatory and exactly the right thing to do.
  #120  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Given the timing of the killings, don't you think that the Diana connection was known by the killers and that they are counting on Harry to go bonkers, which draws attention to their cause?
That is very unlikely. Tragically, aides workers have been targeted by terrorist groups in Afghanistan for years. Moreover, the workers were from an ethnic group, the Hazaras, who are have also been targeted by terrorists. It was another horrific killing in a country that has been suffering from these attacks for more than 40 years. I am glad Harry acknowledged the heroism of these aide workers. My heart and prayers go out to them and their families.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (1 members and 10 guests)
cashew
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 3494 06-02-2021 02:19 AM
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2203 04-06-2021 12:08 PM
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank jewellery książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spain speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs unfinished portrait united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×