The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 06-09-2021, 10:49 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Then ask them but so far I haven't seem people really disprove them. Just counter with their own opinions. Which is why this discussion is still ongoing.
Except that things like Archie not getting a princely title at birth because of his race was, in fact, an out and out falsehood that was easily disproven but yet spouted publicly by his parents. Things like security being contingent upon having an HRH, again, easily disproven but spouted publicly by them. These things aren't being countered with opinions. They really were just out and out falsehoods publicly stated and easily disproven.
__________________

  #42  
Old 06-09-2021, 10:57 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Except that things like Archie not getting a princely title at birth because of his race was, in fact, an out and out falsehood that was easily disproven but yet spouted publicly by his parents. Things like security being contingent upon having an HRH, again, easily disproven but spouted publicly by them. These things aren't being countered with opinions. They really were just out and out falsehoods publicly stated and easily disproven.
Meghan stated that there was plans to change it once Charles was King. That hasn't been disproven. Or proven (to be fair) because it was a conversation claimed to be had and the palace hasn't denied it. So time will tell how that unfolds.
__________________

  #43  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Meghan stated that there was plans to change it once Charles was King. That hasn't been disproven. Or proven (to be fair) because it was a conversation claimed to be had and the palace hasn't denied it. So time will tell how that unfolds.
We'll have to agree to disagree. This couple has certainly mastered the art of double speak and word salad to leave room for doubt or claims that "they didn't really say that" when they did or they strongly implied it. And I'll admit that I will never understand why H and M apologists are so intent on trying to defend every single thing they've done and said no matter how over the top it is. I will say, though, that I certainly agree with your statement that it's safe to say that relations between Harry and Meghan and the palace have hit a new low.
  #44  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Nowheresville, United States
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I am not sure that is true. The pictures seemed to only include the upper part of the book (which you can decipher if you compare it to the front. You see a little bird in the tree; which is rather high up and not at the bottom; so my guess is the spine does include the title as well.
Thanks for letting me know- the title must be small.
  #45  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,621
I was one of the people that commented yesterday that it seemed only her name and title were on the spine and not The Bench because I saw this picture.

https://archive.ph/72A8T

I will happily admit I was wrong on this one. But will say that clearly M, DOS is the main thing they care about with this book to sell copies, although Meghan isn't 'lone in that in the celebrity author market.
  #46  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:44 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
I mean fair but I think people also have the same thought of the supporters of the palace when we have seen how they also operate. So this is why the conversation will forever be ongoing.

But yes new lows indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Thanks for letting me know- the title must be small.
They are all the same font. I mean I get folk dislike her but my goodness. It is all evenly spaced. Author. Title. Illustrator. So many things to criticize her for but this one is fairly a weak one.
  #47  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Nowheresville, United States
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I mean fair but I think people also have the same thought of the supporters of the palace when we have seen how they also operate. So this is why the conversation will forever be ongoing.

But yes new lows indeed.



They are all the same font. I mean I get folk dislike her but my goodness. It is all evenly spaced. Author. Title. Illustrator. So many things to criticize her for but this one is fairly a weak one.
Does someone have a picture with the title on it? Maybe I’m blind as a bat but I just don’t see the title nor illustrator - thanks!
  #48  
Old 06-09-2021, 12:04 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
I don't have the book. I only saw it in passing yesterday but I found this picture. You can't see the names clearly but you can see how it is a big book and plenty of space for other names.

https://www.asiaone.com/sites/defaul...ok_Reuters.jpg
  #49  
Old 06-09-2021, 12:59 PM
Lori138's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Except that things like Archie not getting a princely title at birth because of his race was, in fact, an out and out falsehood that was easily disproven but yet spouted publicly by his parents. Things like security being contingent upon having an HRH, again, easily disproven but spouted publicly by them. These things aren't being countered with opinions. They really were just out and out falsehoods publicly stated and easily disproven.
And the fact that the wedding did NOT take place three days before the spectacle at St. George's. Proven by the DM getting a copy of the marriage certificate.
  #50  
Old 06-09-2021, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Except that things like Archie not getting a princely title at birth because of his race was, in fact, an out and out falsehood that was easily disproven but yet spouted publicly by his parents. Things like security being contingent upon having an HRH, again, easily disproven but spouted publicly by them. These things aren't being countered with opinions. They really were just out and out falsehoods publicly stated and easily disproven.
You are entirely correct.

She said:

"They were saying they didn’t want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn’t going to receive security.”

We know that's not true. It wasn't different from protocol.

She also said that the conversation around whether her son would have a title & security was in tandem with “concerns and conversations about how dark [Archie’s] skin might be when he’s born”.

Pretty damming stuff. Be nice to get an apology from her one day. Or at least a clarification.
  #51  
Old 06-09-2021, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
And the plot thickens. With everything that has happened over the past couple of months, I swear that someone could turn all this into a weekly cringeworthy soap opera type reality show. I wonder if Edward would allow them to revive his program title "It's A Royal Knockout".

Where's my popcorn?
It's certainly getting that way. Maybe that's the plan.

Maybe a musical next.
  #52  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Posts: 37
Not pertaining to this thread specifically but anyone else find “HM” confusing?
Her Majesty or Harry & Meghan?
  #53  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Nowheresville, United States
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Does someone have a picture with the title on it? Maybe I’m blind as a bat but I just don’t see the title nor illustrator - thanks!
Ok! Now I see it! It is a really big picture book - my bad! I do see it all due to the picture you sent. Thanks for sending it!
  #54  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
The Sun had an amusing headline today "Earache Break for World: Harry to take 5 months orf" which yes it's The Sun but it seems to be the general idea of what they're taking time off from. They may well have projects on the go, and Harry has his Impact officer job but he wasn't full time or anything.

They clearly have the money and desire to spend time concentrating on their growing family and that's really great for them but I think a lot of people are a little bemused by the idea that it's a big deal, which is what some articles are pushing how "Harry and Meghan are leading the way on family focused life." Because the public don't see what might be keeping them professionally busy on a day to day basis except interviews about his family.

Here's the rather scathing Telegraph review of The Bench mentioned above for those who aren't subscribers:

https://archive.ph/Uhgqw

And The Times. That picture from The Times review show that they very, very clearly want you to know the book is written by Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, even just by looking at the spine:

https://archive.ph/72A8T
I just love all this talk about the maternity leave, when Archie was born she was out and about and seemingly working very hard behind closed doors, because according to posters on here she was a worker and not lazy. I had made a comment that I thought she should take things easy because at the end of the day it doesn't matter how rich you are how much help you have a woman has physically had a baby. I was slaughtered on here for criticising Meghan for not being lazy.

I am not sure what the rule is about maternity leave in the USA but it does happen here in the UK. All this talk of doing the right thing.
  #55  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Nowheresville, United States
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I fixed my post based on information provided later. What the other poster could see in the photo was just her name. (I think that was the basis for their comment anyway.) Which is what I responded to.

I’m more than willing to amend things as necessary. It wasn’t INTENTIONAL on my part. I wasn’t aware. I haven’t run out to the bookstore to see the book….
And I fixed mine as well - my information was based on the picture I saw. I made a mistake and I’m sorry. After I saw the other posted picture I realized my mistake.
  #56  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
And I fixed mine as well - my information was based on the picture I saw. I made a mistake and I’m sorry. After I saw the other posted picture I realized my mistake.


It wasn’t intentional for either of us. :)
Mistakes happen.
  #57  
Old 06-09-2021, 04:06 PM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Nowheresville, United States
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye1850 View Post
Not pertaining to this thread specifically but anyone else find “HM” confusing?
Her Majesty or Harry & Meghan?
Folks mean Her Majesty by HM, H&M is Harry and Meghan, and RF is the Royal Family. It took me awhile to figure this out too!
  #58  
Old 06-09-2021, 04:18 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Honestly, my first thought when I read they’d both be off for a bit is that, they don’t seem to have actually done a lot of work that takes much time- though I realize our view is very limited and COVID impacted them too- - since roughly their last tour....

Maybe I’m not being fair to them. But they don’t seem to have been overly busy for a long time.
They have mostly been busy trashing the royal family. Hopefully that is what they are going to take a break from, but not likely.
  #59  
Old 06-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
You are entirely correct.

She said:

"They were saying they didn’t want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn’t going to receive security.”

We know that's not true. It wasn't different from protocol.

She also said that the conversation around whether her son would have a title & security was in tandem with “concerns and conversations about how dark [Archie’s] skin might be when he’s born”.

Pretty damming stuff. Be nice to get an apology from her one day. Or at least a clarification.
You're correct it's not different from protocol if she meant from birth but why are everyone just assuming that that was what she meant? It seem much more likely that she referred to plans to strip Archie (and Lili) of the titles they, at the moment, automatically are elevated to once Charles succeeds QEII.

We don't know the details of such plans and the thought process behind them and as such we can't categorically deny that Meghan was incorrect that Archie's race had to do with it (nor can we confirm it). Why would she (they) apologise if their claims are true?
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #60  
Old 06-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

You're correct it's not different from protocol if she meant from birth but why are everyone just assuming that that was what she meant? It seem much more likely that she referred to plans to strip Archie (and Lili) of the titles they, at the moment, automatically are elevated to once Charles succeeds QEII.

We don't know the details of such plans and the thought process behind them and as such we can't categorically deny that Meghan was incorrect that Archie's race had to do with it (nor can we confirm it). Why would she (they) apologise if their claims are true?
you have hit the nail on the head because we can never be sure what Meghan means as she has her own spin on everything.

I will be excluded for my next remark but I am going to say it anyway I am starting to get really fed up of reading posts from people out with the UK going on about how racist the royal family and the British media are[...]. I think you all need to look at your own back yards[...]
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (1 members and 9 guests)
JoanHarry
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 3494 06-02-2021 02:19 AM
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2203 04-06-2021 12:08 PM
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor baby names baptism birth britain britannia british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house cpr dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon general news thread george vi gradenigo hello! hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jewellery kensington palace king edward vii list of rulers luxembourg meghan markle monarchy mountbatten names nepalese royal family pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen louise resusci anne royal jewels royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon sussex swedish queen thailand thai royal family tradition uae customs united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×