The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Honestly, I think the Chrissy Teigen thing was just her answering a question. I doubt she’d have offered that information if she truly thought Meghan would mind or get upset about it but I really do think that was an off the cuff answer.

This, though, seems very much par for the course...*sigh*

https://people.com/royals/meghan-ma...-ahead-of-prince-philips-funeral-says-source/

Yes. I think you’re right. I’ve re- evaluated a bit and amended a post. And Meghan (and Harry) is a popular subject these days.

And- yes- that article does seem par for the course. I admit- I’m cynical right now where Meghan is concerned.

Last edited:
Presumably, he'll be meeting Biden in Washington. That's not much closer to Los Angeles than it is to London. It's not like popping over to Windsor if you're visiting someone at Buckingham Palace. But it would be lovely if he could see Archie and the new baby.

Yes, he would be....and you’re right, it’s about a 6 hour flight.

I don’t think he’ll visit, honestly, but maybe it depends on when this visit is and what their relationship is like. Then again, no...I just don’t see Charles turning a State visit into a personal one. He’d be acting on behalf of the Queen, and she wouldn’t do it.

thought it would've been nice if H&M and the kids were to come to the UK for the unveiling of the Diana statue on july 1th (if that planning will still be possible with regards to Covid), but I think i read in this thread that Meghan's duedate is in June, so i don't think that will happen?
At what age would it be wise to start taking a small child on an intercontinental flight?
(don't have kids myself..)

Maybe realistically Christmas is more likely?

Harry received a whole lot of backlash the time he did an official tour in the Caribbean and tacked on flying to Toronto to see Meghan on his way back to the UK.

Thanks. That was the trip I was thinking of. It didn’t seem like a big deal to me since it was clearly after the official tour, but I remember there being a lot of backlash. So, I can see Charles not wanting a repeat.

And Washington DC to CA isn’t that close at all. I’m not sure what the European equivalent would be.

Yes. I think you’re right. I’ve re- evaluated a bit and amended a post.

And- yes- that does seem par for the course. I admit- I’m cynical right now where Meghan is concerned.

Actually, according to the Sun the bit about Meghan contacting the Queen and keeping in touch with Harry was from ‘a royal source’. Believe that or not, and I believe about 1/10th of what tabloids print about Harry and Meghan, if that.

However, ‘royal sources’ do leak to these rags according to them, and so if Meghan did contact the Queen and the source reported it then this is being surprisingly kind to Harry’s wife. The tabloid would hardly call Meghan or Scobie etc a ‘royal source’.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/1...nce-harry-news-latest-funeral-philip-updates/

Biden will be in the UK in June. Not sure why Charles would flew to the states to meet him again. That said, I don’t see Charles visiting Harry on an official visit either. They might can plan it out in advance that Harry flies over but I doubt it.

I think the next get-together face to face between Harry and his father and brother is almost certainly going to be in July when the statue of Diana is due to be unveiled. I believe that the birth of the Sussex baby is in early June so Meghan and the children may well accompany him on that trip. It will be a chance for the Queen and Charles to look at the latest member of the family and become reacquainted with Archie. There could even be arrangements made for a christening of the new baby in England.

I think the next get-together face to face between Harry and his father and brother is almost certainly going to be in July when the statue of Diana is due to be unveiled. I believe that the birth of the Sussex baby is in early June so Meghan and the children may well accompany him on that trip. It will be a chance for the Queen and Charles to look at the latest member of the family and become reacquainted with Archie. There could even be arrangements made for a christening of the new baby in England.

We know William and Harry will come face to face, but as Charles won’t be at that ceremony, I’m skeptical. I hope you’re right, but I’ve lost some faith, especially if Meghan didn’t bring the kids.

OK, so the Sussex' camp gave away that the relationship between the royals is still bad. I believe the firm "prays" Meghan won't travel to the UK with Harry too much and do lots of drama because the funeral showed how perfect everyone is for the job and Kate got a lot of compliments.

I am tired of the whole thing.

Too many contradictions then coincidences.

Meghan and Harry have not been straight from day 1 , I believe the press got wise to that quite early on, a great deal of the stories that were slammed actually had a great deal of truth about them possibly not 100% accurate but on the right track.
They had been planning to leave since 2018, the family knew that, there was obviously a problem with the detail, the couple tried to force the hand of the family by issuing the statement and the website in 2020.
To be honest the final straw for me was the book where they thanked the Sussex squad for their support and fund raising in their or Archies name, the same team who not everybody but a great deal post vile comments about other family members. They then have the cheek to speak about social media bullying.
They thought the review year would move the family it didn't so they did the interview, it still has not moved the family so now Meghan is trying to raise her profile again, by how much she loves the Queen and Philip.
I just find it too much of a coincidence that every time there is a royal event/ occasion that suddenly something comes out from Meghan.
They are boring and tiresome, and that is from someone who sat with her hat on, drinking sparkling wine, toasting their wedding.
I am back to bed again, early start in the morning.

Thanks. That was the trip I was thinking of. It didn’t seem like a big deal to me since it was clearly after the official tour, but I remember there being a lot of backlash. So, I can see Charles not wanting a repeat.

And Washington DC to CA isn’t that close at all. I’m not sure what the European equivalent would be.

It’s so much easier to travel in/Across Europe because the countries are smaller and places are just much closer in general

Actually, according to the Sun the bit about Meghan contacting the Queen and keeping in touch with Harry was from ‘a royal source’. Believe that or not, and I believe about 1/10th of what tabloids print about Harry and Meghan, if that.

However, ‘royal sources’ do leak to these rags according to them, and so if Meghan did contact the Queen and the source reported it then this is being surprisingly kind to Harry’s wife. The tabloid would hardly call Meghan or Scobie etc a ‘royal source’.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/1...nce-harry-news-latest-funeral-philip-updates/
I would not be surprised that the Queen is being nice to Meghan. Meghan mentioned calling the Queen when Prince Philip was hospitalized. We also know that there were Zoom calls with the Queen and Prince Philip as of a few months ago.

The Queen is 95 and just lost her husband, I'm sure seeing Harry during his visit and talking with Meghan has been a comfort. I hope they maintain the contact.

Almost the same as Paris - Perm, in the Urals.

Last edited:
Another factor with Charles perhaps taking a short visit to California from D.C. is that it'll play havoc with his circadian rhythm. The time difference between London and D.C. is 5 hours and from D.C. to California, it's another 3 hours difference so from California to London, going home, Charles would travel through 8 time zones just to get home again.

Now that's jet lag. It's not just a hop, skip and a jump to pay a visit. :D

Since an official trip to DC has yet to been announced, let’s move on from speculating about Prince Charles visiting the Sussexes in California.

I think the new PR/leaks/whatever are par for the course at the moment. Charles and William = Bad, Queen = Good.

Meghan was incredibly close to PP, so very close and calls to regularly check in on the Queen and they're really close despite everything and Harry saw her alone specially twice, but not Charles/William, nope we have to pour cold water on that.

It could all be true for all I know but it feels very...on brand for their narrative.

Of course the Queen and Philip are/were very close to Meghan. All because there was a statement issued the day after the interview, where so many detrimental things about the Queen's monarchy and her family were thrown under the bus, stating it was *not* the Queen or Philip that made a racist remark. That endeared Meghan to their hearts in gratitude and admiration. They appreciated her kindness.

BTW: Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother and Wallis Simpson were secretly best friends. Film at 11. :lol:

I think the new PR/leaks/whatever are par for the course at the moment. Charles and William = Bad, Queen = Good.

Meghan was incredibly close to PP, so very close and calls to regularly check in on the Queen and they're really close despite everything and Harry saw her alone specially twice, but not Charles/William, nope we have to pour cold water on that.

It could all be true for all I know but it feels very...on brand for their narrative.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. Obviously Scobie leaked stuff on behalf of M/H, which to me is BS, but the other leaks..........well, they're all over the place. None of the leaks regarding Charles/William/Harry came across as particularly negative to the first two; they all just said essentially that relations remain strained, it's baby steps (a good thing), etc. It actually makes H look bad that he took the time to speak with his grandmother twice, but refused to make time for his father.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. Obviously Scobie leaked stuff on behalf of M/H, which to me is BS, but the other leaks..........well, they're all over the place. None of the leaks regarding Charles/William/Harry came across as particularly negative to the first two; they all just said essentially that relations remain strained, it's baby steps (a good thing), etc. It actually makes H look bad that he took the time to speak with his grandmother twice, but refused to make time for his father.

Maybe not, I can't keep track of which came from where tonight. But the Harpers article (from Scobie) I posted early was at pains to say that Harry didn't in fact write to Charles before the funeral, that Charles left for Wales almost immediately and that he DID spend time time with HM. Whilst not mentioning the talk they apparently had for two hours on Saturday. Allegedly.

And now People (who don't print anything without a publicists say so) are at pains to say (again!) how very, very, very close Meghan is to HM and how much she admires her. Whilst doing their best to destroy everything else she holds dear.

Whilst the "Harry couldn't fit Charles in his busy schedule" didn't make Harry look particularly good (but also came with "Harry was ganged up on"), it just seemed that the sources we can be pretty sure were 100% authorised played down reconciliation with Charles and played up "the Queen still loves us 100%! She and Meghan zoom all the time!"

With no sort of acknowledgement that just maybe HM has been a little bit frustrated with them for the storm they caused during the last month of her husband's life.

We can't know for sure what's true and what's not on either "side" but it's a pattern for me and a pattern that it's coming out on HM's birthday.

Maybe not, I can't keep track of which came from where tonight. But the Harpers article (from Scobie) I posted early was at pains to say that Harry didn't in fact write to Charles before the funeral, that Charles left for Wales almost immediately and that he DID spend time time with HM. Whilst not mentioning the talk they apparently had for two hours on Saturday. Allegedly.

And now People (who don't print anything without a publicists say so) are at pains to say (again!) how very, very, very close Meghan is to HM and how much she admires her. Whilst doing their best to destroy everything else she holds dear.

Whilst the "Harry couldn't fit Charles in his busy schedule" didn't make Harry look particularly good (but also came with "Harry was ganged up on"), it just seemed that the sources we can be pretty sure were 100% authorised played down reconciliation with Charles and played up "the Queen still loves us 100%! She and Meghan zoom all the time!"

With no sort of acknowledgement that just maybe HM has been a little bit frustrated with them for the storm they caused during the last month of her husband's life.

We can't know for sure what's true and what's not on either "side" but it's a pattern for me and a pattern that it's coming out on HM's birthday.

I'll be honest, I haven't read anything about Meghan/HM - If I run across that stuff, I avoid it, lol. That said, I'm not surprised......and it's the kind of thing I'm tired of. This just smacks of deep insecurity - if M is really that close (which, I'm sorry, I don't believe) to HM - or anyone - she wouldn't have to keep publicizing it. She and Harry care way too much what people think - hence they read comments on-line, hence they have thin skins.

Harry thinking it was "two against one" - if true - bothers me, as if he already assumed his father and brother were tag teaming him. It's rather defensive.

OK, so the Sussex' camp gave away that the relationship between the royals is still bad. I believe the firm "prays" Meghan won't travel to the UK with Harry too much and do lots of drama because the funeral showed how perfect everyone is for the job and Kate got a lot of compliments.

Where did you read this? Thank you

Harry thinking it was "two against one" - if true - bothers me, as if he already assumed his father and brother were tag teaming him. It's rather defensive.
To be honest, that's one of the things that don't surprise me. Harry's behavior after the interview - heck, even during the interview - smacks of a man who had no idea about the real consequences of his little TV tantrum. I do think it was calculated and meant to do harm but I've always wondered what harm meant in Harry's eyes. I was left with the impression than in his eyes, it shouldn't have been as bad as to justify him a cold shoulder for a very long time. I mean, all the things he and Meghan said and then - I'll work on repairing the relationship, we'll repair it when I go to unveil that statue as if it's this easy? The surprise that his family didn't apologize humbly to his suffering wife? He seems to still be living in the world where everything he did was excused as Harry being Harry the lad, Harry being Harry and never meaning anything bad. That was the image crafted for him and it might have been his image with the family as well. If so, I can totally see why he'd see Charles and William as warring with him when all he wanted was to have his say on TV and then have it waved away as it always was before.

He didn't expect a strike back.

Agreed. And I have to say, it’s a pattern that has long been noticed and commented upon in very negative terms. I kind of have to wonder exactly what Sunshine Sachs is getting all that big money for when they can’t even be a little bit more creative and less obvious.

Of course the Queen and Philip are/were very close to Meghan. All because there was a statement issued the day after the interview, where so many detrimental things about the Queen's monarchy and her family were thrown under the bus, stating it was *not* the Queen or Philip that made a racist remark. That endeared Meghan to their hearts in gratitude and admiration. They appreciated her kindness.

BTW: Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother and Wallis Simpson were secretly best friends. Film at 11. :lol:

Indeed.

I can buy into HM and Philip being nice to Meghan for many reasons- starting with Archie. Close? Close implies a level of trust and ease with a person that I find it difficult to imagine exists/ed post interview.

I honestly cannot imagine how HM felt knowing that her beloved husband was getting called racist, while seriously ill, all over the internet courtesy of her own grandson and grand daughter in law. I’m sure Harry’s clarification fixed everything, like it had never happened at all. I don’t recall that it came with an apology. Did it? I can only hope there was a private apology. (And that is me setting aside everything else that got said in that interview about her family and life’s work.)

ETA- I’d really like to know how Harry’s clarification came about. Did he himself see the comments on the internet and realize....ooops? One of his staff? Someone in the family? Some combination of the above. He and Meghan let the interview air with that blanket racist statement out there. And they let it lie until the next day. So.....what happened....

Last edited:
Indeed.

I can buy into HM and Philip being nice to Meghan for many reasons- starting with Archie. Close? Close implies a level of trust and ease with a person that I find it difficult to imagine exists/ed post interview.

I honestly cannot imagine how HM felt knowing that her beloved husband was getting called racist, while seriously ill, all over the internet courtesy of her own grandson and grand daughter in law. I’m sure Harry’s clarification fixed everything, like it had never happened at all. I don’t recall that it came with an apology. Did it? I can only hope there was a private apology. (And that is me setting aside everything else that got said in that interview about her family and life’s work.)

ETA- I’d really like to know how Harry’s clarification came about. Did he himself see the comments on the internet and realize....ooops? One of his staff? Someone in the family? Some combination of the above. He and Meghan let the interview air with that blanket racist statement out there. So.....what happened....

I doubt HM was happy even after Harry clarified that he wasn’t referring to she or Philip as being racist given that he made that accusation against the entire family, knowing people would assume it was Charles or William.

4,320.4 km, USA is a huge country

I doubt HM was happy even after Harry clarified that he wasn’t referring to she or Philip as being racist given that he made that accusation against the entire family, knowing people would assume it was Charles or William.

I’m sure “happy” was the last word that could possibly be used to describe HM in the aftermath of that interview.

As awful as it is IMO that more of the focus shifted to William and Charles after the clarification- I can see that some family members might have considered it absolutely unforgivable if Harry allowed his grandparents to continue to be accused of racism. Especially with Philip being so ill. I find it hard to believe he didn’t so much as get a text, a VM or a phone call on that point alone. (Not that I have any clue, of course, as to how forgiving they feel period. But I could see that being something that could never be gotten past. I’m trying not to project my own feelings, but I find this so utterly appalling.)

Last edited:

This is hilarious!?

I’m sure “happy” was the last word that could possibly be used to describe HM in the aftermath of that interview.

As awful as it is IMO that more of the focus shifted to William and Harry after the clarification- I can see that some family members might have considered it absolutely unforgivable if Harry allowed his grandparents to continue to be accused of racism. Especially with Philip being so ill. I find it hard to believe he didn’t so much as get a text, a VM or a phone call on that point alone. (Not that I have any clue, of course, as to how forgiving they feel period. But I could see that being something that could never be gotten past. I’m trying not to project my own feelings, but I find this so utterly appalling.)

Oh of course, I agree...but no one wants to be branded a racist if they aren’t. I also imagine the family wasn’t thrilled that Harry threw Charles and William under the bus and then drove the bus over them. There was a level of cruelty in what he did - thinking about how hurt Charles must be pains me. It feels like H and M needed their pound of flesh. I believe H loves his father and brother deeply, which makes this especially disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom