The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that you feel Meghan and Harry deserve the benefit of the doubt. It also seems you believe that being a victim of racism is worse than being a victim of almost anything else. I respect those opinions but don’t share them.

What a strange conclusion to draw from any of my posts on the subject :ermm: I don't believe I've compared racism to "anything else".

You also seem to argue that no one can have a valid opinion on Harry and Meghan's allegations because we don't know for sure what happened. If that were the standard, we would rarely be able to have an opinion about anything - including events that don't involve the royal family - unless we are a direct witness. In contrast, I think I can reasonably form opinions about the whole interview based on whether it can be proven that Harry and Meghan deliberately lied during the interview (...)

No, that's not what I'm arguing. If you read my original post on the subject, the poster I replied to insinuated that H&M "think" they're the wronged party. My argument was that it's curious how it seems to have been collectively determined among several posters that they haven't been wronged when we don't know the details of what's gone down.

In particular I find it curious how readily people seem to brush off the allegations of racism just because H&M made the allegations in an interview they didn't like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all the allegations and the accusations and insinuations that came out of that interview, the allegations of racism and bullying are the ones that the institution of the "Firm" has taken seriously and has implemented investigations into.

This, to me, says it all. ?

What a strange conclusion to draw from any of my posts on the subject :ermm: I don't believe I've compared racism to "anything else".

No, that's not what I'm arguing. If you read my original post on the subject, the poster I replied to insinuated that H&M "think" they're the wronged party. My argument was that it's curious how it seems to have been collectively determined among several posters that they haven't been wronged when we don't know the details of what's gone down.

In particular I find it curious how readily people seem to brush off the allegations of racism just because H&M made the allegations in an interview they didn't like.

I think she probably experienced some racism, but I'm not going to express outrage over one comment that may or may not have made or was said out of ignorance or taken out of context. A few headlines (most of which had to be edited because there weren't enough real racist comments and this one supposed comment is not worth my outrage. It's arguments like this that have led me to believe you think racism is worse than anything else. If you want to be outraged on behalf of a rich celebrity who experienced some minor instances, fine. I am reserving my outrage for serious discrimination, such as people being unfairly stopped by police, not able to find jobs, and being physically assault, etc.

At the same time, I truly feel that this interview was worse than anything the royal family did to Meghan, even assuming the supposed comment was true. I think it was unproductive, hateful, and served no purpose but to hurt his family. You obviously disagree but that is fine. That is what makes the board interesting.

Of all the allegations and the accusations and insinuations that came out of that interview, the allegations of racism and bullying are the ones that the institution of the "Firm" has taken seriously and has implemented investigations into.

This, to me, says it all. ?

Are they investigating allegations of racism? I thought they just instituted a diversity training and were planning to do so before the interview. They are investigating how senior staff handled allegations that Meghan was bullying the staff.

It must be special for Harry being back, on his own, in his old world, in the house that was intended for him and his starting family, after all that happened, for this sad occasion.

I think she probably experienced some racism, but I'm not going to express outrage over one comment that may or may not have made or was said out of ignorance or taken out of context. A few headlines (most of which had to be edited because there weren't enough real racist comments and this one supposed comment is not worth my outrage. It's arguments like this that have led me to believe you think racism is worse than anything else. If you want to be outraged on behalf of a rich celebrity, fine. I am reserving my outrage for serious discrimination, such as people being unfairly stopped by police, not able to find jobs, and being physically assault, etc.

If by the bolded you mean that I think the concept of racism is worse – not than "anything else" but than the Oprah interview – then yes, you're right :rolleyes:

At the same time, I truly feel that this interview was worse than anything the royal family did to Meghan, even assuming the supposed comment was true. I think it was unproductive, hateful, and served no purpose but to hurt his family. You obviously disagree but that is fine. That is what makes the board interesting.

I could second your argument and say if you want to be outraged on behalf of a bunch of rich celebrities because someone did an interview that hurt them, fine. I'm reserving my outrage for discrimination directed at other people on the basis of their race, sexual orientation, gender orientation or social class :cool:

I really tried to keep out of this conversation but we'll you know me.
From a person who lives in the UK, my issue with the comments made in the interview with regards race were that they were unsubstantiated. These were serious accusations that could bring down a throne, but they just threw in the firework then shrugged their shoulders.
Comments have been made that it was Meghans 'experience' therefore it must be right and if you don't believe her you are also racist.
The accusation that Archie did not have the title of prince because of his skin colour is factually wrong, but once again we have been told that it was Meghans experience therefore it must be right.
I have no idea who or if anybody made the comment about skin colour so I cannot judge but because I know the title part is wrong it raises the doubt about the first part.
This is where a proper interview with proper follow up questions would have helped.
The wedding story was false another example of mis information.
This why IMO people are doubting everything because they can drive a bus through some of the stories so why should others be accurate.
Just my 2 pennyworth and I am not disagreeing with anybody just putting over a point of view.

If by the bolded you mean that I think the concept of racism is worse – not than "anything else" but than the Oprah interview – then yes, you're right :rolleyes:
I haven't seen anyone who would disagree with that. I have been concentrating on the level of their complaints, which I think are mostly petty as compared to the level of hurt they have caused people who they supposedly loved who are not racist.

I could second your argument and say if you want to be outraged on behalf of a bunch of rich celebrities because someone did an interview that hurt them, fine. I'm reserving my outrage for discrimination directed at other people on the basis of their race, sexual orientation, gender orientation or social class :cool:

Fair enough.

ETA: actually, I am going to amend my answer after reading Hallo Girl's excellent point. I don't want to be outraged on behalf or a rich celebrity who is making allegations of racism that I believe are probably unfair. If you want to be outraged everytime someone alleges discrimination regardless of the merits of the complaint that is up to you. But I think false claims of racism are just as bad as actual racism because it makes it harder for real victims to be believed.

Last edited:
ETA: actually, I am going to amend my answer after reading Hallo Girl's excellent point. I don't want to be outraged on behalf or a rich celebrity who is making allegations of racism that I believe are probably unfair. If you want to be outraged everytime someone alleges discrimination regardless of the merits of the complaint that is up to you. But I think false claims of racism are just as bad as actual racism because it makes it harder for real victims to be believed.

Actually, I think false accusations of racism might be worse than completely truthful accusations of racism. I know some would disagree with me but I think it's true if for no other reason than the fact that they cast doubt and suspicions on those who aren't guilty of such a heinous thing and because it creates a bit of "boy who cried wolf" situation when someone is actually dealing with the awfulness that is racism.

That is just speculation by Ingrid...but if it’s true, then it’s disturbing because it means Harry can’t see past this one moment in time

William and George are not celebrities. They’re future head of states. It’s extremely dangerous thing to imply he’s racist. If i were William, i’d be furious. For someone so concerned about their child’s safety Harry and Meghan doesn’t seem to care much about William’s children.

Not sure why people keep believing Meghan’s friends are talking to media via a source. Other than the people interview (when she was a working royal), her friends have spoken their mind openly. They don’t hide behind anonymous sources these days and say their opinions with their chest very publicly.

So like it or not (and I don’t always agree) but they very much don’t hide. So I will always laugh at an anonymous source claiming to be a friend when her friends have made it quite clear they dislike the UK papers and won’t sneeze in their direction and have no issue stating their opinion themselves.

So if not her close group? Who is this? And why would anyone believe someone who clearly not find her inner circle?

Actually, I think false accusations of racism might be worse than completely truthful accusations of racism. I know some would disagree with me but I think it's true if for no other reason than the fact that they cast doubt and suspicions on those who aren't guilty of such a heinous thing and because it creates a bit of "boy who cried wolf" situation when someone is actually dealing with the awfulness that is racism.

False accusations are worse than actual racism toward someone? Fascinating. I think both are awful but when people are more offended about the accusation of racism than the act itself, then it shows why those who are personally deal with racism are not taken serious. It is not seen as anything real.

False accusations are worse than actual racism toward someone? Fascinating. I think both are awful but when people are more offended about the accusation of racism than the act itself, then it shows why those who are personally deal with racism are not taken serious. It is not seen as anything real.

I didn't say that at all. Or at least that's not how I meant for it to come across. Sometimes walking and typing on my phone at the same time make it difficult to re-read and get my actual point across. I suppose what I meant to say was that publicly airing false accusations of racism against someone is worse than publicly airing legitimate grievances of racism. If the accusations are true beyond doubt or even captured on film or video or in writing where there can be no doubt, then by all means air them and let the person deal with the consequences of their behavior but when the allegations are not beyond doubt and especially when they are demonstrably false, then yes, I do believe that's much worse than airing legitimate grievances. And it's worse for the exact reasons I mentioned with "boy who cried wolf" syndrome and all of the things that come with being under suspicion of something so awful.

As with previous requests, members are asked to avoid debating the issues of racism.
Please stay on topic - further posts on the matter will be deleted.

Forgive the question because I'm not in the UK and so I'm not completely up on all of the COVID rules there. But, since Harry landed on, I believe Sunday, and it's now Wednesday, would a nurse have come to him for a COVID test? And if they did, would they have done so already or would it be a few days? I only ask because this morning there's starting to be an awful lot of gossip on Twitter discussing the fact that Harry may have broken quarantine rules and may have had a blonde female visitor but there's also some arguing that no one knows for sure who she was but could have been a nurse making a house call or someone else there for a legitimate and acceptable reason. Of course, there's tons of speculation that that's not at all who the person was but we all know what Twitter gossip can be.

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News April 2021 -

Agreed. To me- it’s also the intent of people involved that matters.

Thing is- no matter what happened- I don’t think there was an intent to hurt Harry and Meghan. Using the supposed racist comment as an example- I simply don’t believe whatever may or may not have been said was intended to be hurtful. It didn’t sound like this was said in a fit of anger. It sounded like a discussion at some point in time. If it happened at all. I suppose you can argue that I’m giving the family the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t see why said individual would purposefully set out to hurt Harry with whatever was said for no apparent reason.

This interview was nothing but Harry and Meghan going out of their way to hurt their family IMO. All of them. Every single one got impacted by that racism comment. It was an intentionally, knowingly hurtful act on their parts. This interview did nothing but cause hurt and almost assuredly further fracture relationships.

And while the focus seems to be on mending relationships with Charles and William....I’d be surprised if those are the only relationships out of sorts at the point.

Last edited:
Forgive the question because I'm not in the UK and so I'm not completely up on all of the COVID rules there. But, since Harry landed on, I believe Sunday, and it's now Wednesday, would a nurse have come to him for a COVID test? And if they did, would they have done so already or would it be a few days? I only ask because this morning there's starting to be an awful lot of gossip on Twitter discussing the fact that Harry may have broken quarantine rules and may have had a blonde female visitor but there's also some arguing that no one knows for sure who she was but could have been a nurse making a house call or someone else there for a legitimate and acceptable reason. Of course, there's tons of speculation that that's not at all who the person was but we all know what Twitter gossip can be.

I understood that it is a 5 day quarantine, which would normally mean, he would be tested tomorrow (we have a comparable 'release' program here for expats arriving into the country for essential work).

Could be a figment of someone's imagination. Stuff like this isn't worth repeating. I seriously doubt that Harry would risk not being able to attend his grandfather's funeral by flaunting Covid restriction rules. ;)

Could be a figment of someone's imagination. Stuff like this isn't worth repeating. I seriously doubt that Harry would risk not being able to attend his grandfather's funeral by flaunting Covid restriction rules. ;)

Absolutely could be. But then again, if it was time for his COVID test, maybe a nurse would be coming to him rather than him going out or having to make an appointment somewhere. That’s why I asked about the rules there. Here in the US it’s pretty much a free for all with no rules whatsoever. I know the UK is much stricter but I don’t really know more than the general gist of the rules there.

That said, if it’s not time for his test yet but will be soon, do they do house calls for those or do you have to make an appointment and go out to be tested?

Considering this silly rumor is claiming the blonde was visiting Nott Cott on KP grounds... what does this have to do with Harry? He is at home in Windsor.

I know this post might be deemed as speculation and a bit late to the conversation. In regards to whether Harry & Meghan knew about Prince Philip's health prior to the filming of Oprah's interview, Nigel Farage stated that a "royal correspondent" from UK's "big broadcaster) told him that the Royal Family and royal correspondent (if that is what the word "we" indicated) allegedly knew that Prince Philip was unlikely going to make it for his 100th birthday. This Fox News interview was done straight after the announcement of Prince Philip's death. Farage himself has uploaded this video on to his channel.

The "royal correspondent", who Farage did not name, said
"We all know that [Prince Philip] is on his last leg, he isn't going to make it very long. It's very unlikely that he is going to get to June 10th, which would have been of course his 100th birthday"

Nigel Farage then made a conclusion and possibly an allegation that
"So it was well known that Philip only has few weeks to live. And yet, despite that The Queen, who never shown it in public, must have been a state of deep distress, despite all of that, they proceeded to do an interview at which they attacked the older members of the Royal Family. Indeed [they] did their best to threaten the very institution itself. Given that today is the day Philip has died, I won't used the words about Meghan and Harry that I would like to. I'll be gentle and said it is deeply disrespectful."

Video start at 3:01 when the host of Fox News (I don't know about his name) asked Farage a question on Harry & Meghan and ends at 4:41 when Farage finished his response on Harry & Megan

P.s. I won't be able to respond quickly (or even a reply) for the next 10 hours, as I have work.

Last edited:
And on that note perhaps we should move on from discussing the opinions of the extreme-right like Farage, a man who has made a carreer and a fortune out of creating false outrage by spreading lies and slander. Even if he is correct the man can NOT be considered a credible source on anything, including the RF.

But more importantly we should also move away from random 'rumours on twitter' where apparently there are wild accusations going around about blondes visiting Prince Harry in a place he isn't even staying.

You all agreed to our terms of service when you became a member of this forum. Our rules and FAQ clearly state that claims should be backed up by sources. Random anonymous people somewhere on the internet are NOT a credible source.

The TRF Mod. team has no intention in allowing this forum to sink into a parallel universe where hearsay, rumours and malicious gossip become fact. To make sure this does not happen we were sadly forced to suspend an account of a TRF poster today. Hopefully we will not need to do that again.

We therefore urge you all NOT to re-post all kinds of malicious rumours from 'somewhere on the internet'. You can save yourself the trouble as it will be deleted ánd it will result into firmer measures towards whomever it is who is deliberately spreading misinformation.

If there are any questions about the above feel free to contact me or any of the other British moderators.

Last edited:
Not sure why people keep believing Meghan’s friends are talking to media via a source. Other than the people interview (when she was a working royal), her friends have spoken their mind openly. They don’t hide behind anonymous sources these days and say their opinions with their chest very publicly.

So like it or not (and I don’t always agree) but they very much don’t hide. So I will always laugh at an anonymous source claiming to be a friend when her friends have made it quite clear they dislike the UK papers and won’t sneeze in their direction and have no issue stating their opinion themselves.

The bit about him flying back right after the funeral is the same as a story I posted from Us Weekly yesterday, which I think is an American publication. That's probably where the 'expert' quoted in the Express read about it. They haven't been shy about denying things that they believe are untrue, and even cited the ability to do that as one of their reasons for leaving. But we'll find out soon enough whether these sources were right or not. Either Harry will fly back on Saturday or Sunday, or he'll stay longer.

I mean that’s just common sense. He will either leave over the weekend or stay a few more days. You don’t have to have sources to figure that out. I think most are of that mindset.

The bit about him flying back right after the funeral is the same as a story I posted from Us Weekly yesterday, which I think is an American publication. That's probably where the 'expert' quoted in the Express read about it. They haven't been shy about denying things that they believe are untrue, and even cited the ability to do that as one of their reasons for leaving. But we'll find out soon enough whether these sources were right or not. Either Harry will fly back on Saturday or Sunday, or he'll stay longer.

Considering the COVID restrictions currently in place, after the funeral, I don't think he is allowed to visit other relatives' or their residences because he is not in their bubbles. What will he be doing then? Might as well go back.

Also, these "royal experts" writes lots of lies by quoting unnamed "sources".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom