The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I disagree with some of their decision/action, it is interesting to see people always blame EVERYTHING on her, yes, SOLELY on her. :whistling: Just like he, a capable and mature adult, is a mindless puppet, utterly controlled by her.

Also annoyed me that some people only saw that, "thank you for your service" and make a big deal of it. It is just one of the sentence in the whole statement, one sentence to dedicate to Philip's naval career. (Guess what, I did saw some local media here criticizing Harry for being too cold by saying "thank you for your service", without quoting the whole statement. And everyone on the comment section calling Harry cold by that one sentence.) Both Anne and William's statement is missing that "We love you, Grandpa" too, does that mean their statement is "cold" too? No. You can still feel their close and strong relationship and bond with their grand/father. Same for Harry's statement (that "master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ‘til the end" did bring a smile to my face).

I recommend not to read the random article from media but read the whole statement by yourself.

Last edited:
:lol: Unless you're on the young side of teen, your father is from a very different generation from mine. I admit I didn't take this generation into account. But I can see how they might think like this.

People do make jokes like this but I don't think many of them really believe their own words. I might well be wrong, though.

My father is in his 70's.

William and Harry have both released solo statements about Philip today.

Here is Harry's https://archewell.com

It has also been confirmed that Harry is quarantining in his home at Frogmore Cottage.
What a beautiful tribute! I love the sign off " Per Mare, Per Terram"- a beautiful ode to Prince Philip's love for the navy.

Well done Prince Harry!!

If Harry is at Frogmore quarantined where are his cousin and family?

If Harry is at Frogmore quarantined where are his cousin and family?

There too presumably. You can do that but I don't know he would have been seen by the media going in. Its them saying that but I dont know.

William and Harry have both released solo statements about Philip today.

Here is Harry's https://archewell.com

It has also been confirmed that Harry is quarantining in his home at Frogmore Cottage.

thank goodness he released something a bit more heartfelt than that icy statement on their site the day the death was announced. some on twitter pointed out that meghan sent a longer, more heartfelt message when ruth bader ginsburg died than they did now when philip died.

for ruth:

“With an incomparable and indelible legacy, Ruth Bader Ginsburg will forever be known as a woman of brilliance, a Justice of courage, and a human of deep conviction. She has been a true inspiration to me since I was a girl. Honour her, remember her, act for her,” she said.

for philip:

"Thank you for your service… you will be greatly missed"

:previous: Again, what was posted as part of their tribute on the Archewell website was not a statement. I'm not sure why people are so adamant to pretend it is.

Last edited:
There too presumably. You can do that but I don't know he would have been seen by the media going in. Its them saying that but I dont know.

Harry's spokesperson confirmed he is at Frogmore Cottage. Not idea if the Brookbanks are also there.

I don't see what the issue with the website message was. It was literally a landing message in honor as they set their website dark. It was not a "statement" nor presented as such. What Harry did today was a statement.

Last edited:
thank goodness he released something a bit more heartfelt than that icy statement on their site the day the death was announced. some on twitter pointed out that meghan sent a longer, more heartfelt message when ruth bader ginsburg died than they did now when philip died.
It's a bit reactive though, isn't it? The first one was short and cold, then members of the BRF started (after sharing the official announcement from BP) with their warm words about Duke of Edinburgh, getting a lot of sympathy and support, so now comes Harry, of course.

The statement is... lovely, but very poorly written. It doesn't read very well, the wording is weird, not flowing at all. Which is interesting, as usually whatever the Sussexes' put out is maybe lacking in substance but never in the poetic, word-salad form.

We’ve already had pages of discussion about the initial statement the Sussexes released on the day of Philip’s death, so let’s move on from rehashing it again.

Last edited:
Harry's spokesperson confirmed he is at Frogmore Cottage. Not idea if the Brookbanks are also there.

I don't see what the issue with the website message was. It was literally a landing message in honor as they set their website dark. It was not a "statement" nor presented as such. What Harry did today was a statement.

Since it's their home I am sure they are there too. As long as all agree to it.

I think there is a separate building or part of house too so he would have his own room and bathroom probably. He will be fine. Its quite the house.

The statement is... lovely, but very poorly written. It doesn't read very well, the wording is weird, not flowing at all. Which is interesting, as usually whatever the Sussexes' put out is maybe lacking in substance but never in the poetic, word-salad form.

I suspect this statement was actually written in its entirety by Harry himself. Other statements coming from Harry and Meghan are, I suspect, written by employees or by Meghan. This one, though, is different. And I think it was written by Harry and quite likely after his arrival in the UK.

I suspect this statement was actually written in its entirety by Harry himself. Other statements coming from Harry and Meghan are, I suspect, written by employees or by Meghan. This one, though, is different. And I think it was written by Harry and quite likely after his arrival in the UK.

Which is sweet and from the heart.and he isn't a writer so what does it matter.

They are there. And they definitely are not at royal.lodge.

How do you know? I dont beleive that the Brookbanks have stated where they are living.. and while its a large house, it does seem more likely that they're at Royal Lodge and Harry is quarantining in Frogmore alone...

How do you know? I dont beleive that the Brookbanks have stated where they are living.. and while its a large house, it does seem more likely that they're at Royal Lodge and Harry is quarantining in Frogmore alone...

Because when Augist was born the midwife took the family pictures. So they can't have been with her parents.

It's their home now. Also all her social media it is obviously around there all her pics.

I see no reason why they should get out with a tiny baby. Who would do that?

It is a substantial house and may even have a self con tained living area. But you are allowed to self isolate in a home anyway.

And it was said at the time it was handd over that Harry would continue to live there when in the UK.

Last edited:
I agree with the previous posters about the statement. It's touching to see Harry's sincere thoughts without any PR spin put on it. Why no one other than Harry seems to have been involved in writing or releasing it raises other questions, but clearly Harry wanted to do something regardless. That's enough for me.

Why no one other than Harry seems to have been involved in writing or releasing it raises other questions, but clearly Harry wanted to do something regardless. That's enough for me.

Why. It was clearly part of strategy. Children said things yesterday. William's today. I am a it questioning over it being just on Archewell rather than posted through the royal website. Harry probably wanted to realise his own because William did and to be fair Harry is a bit like that. But seeing as the royals obviously wouldn't put it on their website he put it on Archewell. C'est La Vie.

Edit: I actually read it all. Oh yeah badly written. Im actually a bit shocked they didn't fix it. Some of those sentences don't even really make sense. But he probably wanted to get it out with his brother's. Which was obviously professionally written. Oh well poor old Harry. I do feel for him. You know so far the other grandchildren haven't said anything either so there wasn't a need to rush. That statement could have been polished. Or just not bothered. Nothing he says or does indicated he is anything but bitter and competing with his brother. Harry you are good enough, more than, all by yourself. But he be the future King. Just the way it is

Master of BB, legend of Banter is good.

Last edited:
I read Harry 's statement and I find it to be particularly very well written.

In honour their grandfather, both brothers wrote what is in their hearts. It is about their grandfather as it should be.

Why. It was clearly part of strategy. Children said things yesterday. William's today. I am a it questioning over it being just on Archewell rather than posted through the royal website. Harry probably wanted to realise his own because William did and to be fair Harry is a bit like that. But seeing as the royals obviously wouldn't put it on their website he put it on Archewell. C'est La Vie.

Edit: I actually read it all. Oh yeah badly written. Im actually a bit shocked they didn't fix it. Some of those sentences don't even really make sense. But he probably wanted to get it out with his brother's. Which was obviously professionally written. Oh well poor old Harry. I do feel for him. You know so far the other grandchildren haven't said anything either so there wasn't a need to rush. That statement could have been polished. Or just not bothered. Nothing he says or does indicated he is anything but bitter and competing with his brother. Harry you are good enough, more than, all by yourself. But he be the future King. Just the way it is

Master of BB, legend of Banter is good.

It's not technically well written. It might have been written in a hurry once he realised William had put something up, since I don't think 30 minutes afterwards was a co-incidence. Something a lot of press have picked up as well.

Or he could have been writing it for a couple of days and just not sent it to someone to grammar check and tweak because he wanted it to be just him.

I do think he had a right to put something up and I feel like he meant what he said even if there were other things going on with releasing it as well.

It's not technically well written. It might have been written in a hurry once he realised William had put something up, since I don't think 30 minutes afterwards was a co-incidence. Something a lot of press have picked up as well.

Or he could have been writing it for a couple of days and just not sent it to someone to grammar check and tweak because he wanted it to be just him.

I do think he had a right to put something up and I feel like he meant what he said even if there were other things going on with releasing it as well.

It could have waited. He too could have edited. Just shorting sentences for clarity would have worked or he should have had one of his team look at it but that would have been delayed. I would imagine it will be 'fixed' over next few days.

I mean Williams would have been put through communications even if he drafted it.

And the facts the royals didn't link it also says something.

He is right to have a say if he wants to though.

Both statements were very good, appropriate and heartful. I am more interested in the content than the grammar. I do not see any competition in it. Just two grandsons sending a message to the world with regards the love they both have for their grandfather.

Does it need to be investigated or psycho analysed any more than that.

Why look for things that aren't there.

I don't think it was wrong of him at all to want the statement to be his words, not someone else's edits. But I do wonder if that was the real reason. Meghan herself is a better writer than that. We know that much from her blog, which I don't think she had professionals editing. I think it's interesting that either he didn't ask her for help with it, or she just wasn't willing to do it.

I don't think it was wrong of him at all to want the statement to be his words, not someone else's edits. But I do wonder if that was the real reason. Meghan herself is a better writer than that. We know that much from her blog, which I don't think she had professionals editing. I think it's interesting that either he didn't ask her for help with it, or she just wasn't willing to do it.

Or she is in America and not on hand and he wanted it out fast. He probably didn't get much of a heads up.

Or she is in America and not on hand and he wanted it out fast. He probably didn't get much of a heads up.

That's true if he only put out a statement because he learned William was going to. You may be right, but I'm not sure that's a fair assumption.

Both statements were very good, appropriate and heartful. I am more interested in the content than the grammar. I do not see any competition in it. Just two grandsons sending a message to the world with regards the love they both have for their grandfather.

Does it need to be investigated or psycho analysed any more than that.

Why look for things that aren't there.

I agree ...

He can do what he wants. But it doesn't look professional. When I read it properly I was a bit. Its badly written. And it really wouldn't have taken much. A full stop here or there. He was obviously rushing as he could have done it himself.

It’s not supposed to look professional; he’s writing as a grandson...not a businessman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom