The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lots to criticize Harry for, but I don’t want to do that here as I’m sure he’s devastated and didn’t have the strength or inclination to write a big, emotional tribute

I think it is more they said anything when the rest of the family have said nothing.

I think it is more they said anything when the rest of the family have said nothing.

Actually Anne and Edward have...Via interview on ITV. I think it might be awhile before we hear from Charles, who may still be with his mother

Actually Anne and Edward have...Via interview on ITV. I think it might be awhile before we hear from Charles, who may still be with his mother

Interview long before his death made to be shown upon his death. Happens a lot.

The media are reporting that Harry will attend the funeral.

If all else fails, he'll have to go to a hotel - there are several open for people allowed to stay away overnight for essential work or other reasons - but I'm sure they'll find somewhere on the Windsor estate for him to stay.

I very much doubt that Meghan will come. Leaving aside the fact that she isn't exactly top of anyone's Christmas card list, it wouldn't be advisable for a woman in her third trimester to fly such a long way.

I hope he’s able to attend and chooses to do so… and I hope he brings Archie. Even those who aren’t happy to see Harry will be delighted to see Archie, and I think it would mean a lot to them that Harry brought him. The family has plenty of enormous homes at its disposal that could accommodate either Harry or the Brooksbanks for a week or two. It’s probably just as well if Meghan doesn’t come, for a lot of reasons.

It’s so sad that it came to this, and so unnecessary. I’m sure he feels terrible for not visiting before this.

I hope he’s able to attend and chooses to do so… and I hope he brings Archie. Even those who aren’t happy to see Harry will be delighted to see Archie, and I think it would mean a lot to them that Harry brought him. The family has plenty of enormous homes at its disposal that could accommodate either Harry or the Brooksbanks for a week or two. It’s probably just as well if Meghan doesn’t come, for a lot of reasons.

It’s so sad that it came to this, and so unnecessary. I’m sure he feels terrible for not visiting before this.

Why on earth would you bring a baby. Highly unlikely.

Why on earth would you bring a baby. Highly unlikely.

Well, that depends on how he's getting there. They don't seem to like flying commercial, though they've done it on occasion. If he's taking a private jet, giving his family members (including his 95-year-old grandmother) the chance to see a child they haven't seen in a year and a half is a pretty good reason to bring him.

They repeated the family statement.

Yes this is true poppy7. Like Kensington Royal IG, the Clarence House IG has also repeated the family statement. Considering that there are three official BRF social media accounts, it's not surprising that they're all featuring the same message today.

Well, that depends on how he's getting there. They don't seem to like flying commercial, though they've done it on occasion. If he's taking a private jet, giving his family members (including his 95-year-old grandmother) the chance to see a child they haven't seen in a year and a half is a pretty good reason to bring him.

He would have to go into quarantine too. It isn't likely.

I very much doubt that Meghan will come. Leaving aside the fact that she isn't exactly top of anyone's Christmas card list, it wouldn't be advisable for a woman in her third trimester to fly such a long way.

What a weird thing to write. First of all, you have no way of knowing what they think of her. I don't understand this need to put words into the BRF's mouths. Second, if Meghan's less on top of the BRF's Christmas card list than Harry, I'd say that'd reflect badly on the BRF alone.

He would have to go into quarantine too. It isn't likely.

Yes, he'd be in quarantine with his father, and then they could both attend the ceremony and visit (in a distanced way) with other relatives afterward. I agree with you that it isn't likely, but I don't see the quarantine requirements as a reason not to do it.

Yes, he'd be in quarantine with his father, and then they could both attend the ceremony and visit (in a distanced way) with other relatives afterward. I agree with you that it isn't likely, but I don't see the quarantine requirements as a reason not to do it.

I do. He is a small child who would be away from his mother and how do you tell him to stay away from people. I mean it just is not likely. It would actually be cruel and his nanny would have to go too etc. No one would do it.

What a weird thing to write. First of all, you have no way of knowing what they think of her. I don't understand this need to put words into the BRF's mouths. Second, if Meghan's less on top of the BRF's Christmas card list than Harry, I'd say that'd reflect badly on the BRF alone.

I don't think that would reflect badly on them. You're right that Harry's and Meghan's behavior has been comparable, so if it were just about that, they should be equally annoyed with both. But it isn't just about that. Harry is their close relative whom they've always loved, and with whom they've had a lifetime of good memories and experiences that help to balance out the bad. Meghan is someone they've known for just a few years, only really spent time with for a year or so, and it sounds like most of that time wasn't a good experience for anyone involved. Of course they're going to be more forgiving of Harry than of Meghan, because he's their child/grandchild/sibling and Meghan is just the person he married. I think that's pretty normal.

I do. He is a small child who would be away from his mother and how do you tell him to stay away from people. I mean it just is not likely. It would actually be cruel and his nanny would have to go too etc. No one would do it.

Is it worse to be away from his mother than from his father? I don't think they'll bring him (and if so, only if Meghan also joins); but as long as Archie is with one of his parents, I don't see the problem. They've left him with neither of them for over a week last year, so if they are comfortable enough to do that, they should be comfortable enough to let him be with his father/without his mother for a similar period.

And why would his nanny need to come to? Plenty of people manage life, including emergency travel, without a nanny.

Last edited:
Is it worse to be away from his mother than from his father? I don't think they'll bring him (and if so, only if Meghan also joins); but as long as Archie is with one of his parents, I don't see the problem. They've left him with neither of them for over a week last year, so if they are comfortable enough to do that, they should be comfortable enough to let him be with his father for a similar period.

And why would his nanny need to come to? Plenty of people manage life, including emergency travel, without a nanny.

This is an excellent point. I’d certainly hope they could manage a few days without a nanny if they’re really as hands on as they’d like us to believe. On top of that I’m positive that he could stay with the other small children in the family during the service. Frankly, I don’t really think Harry will bring him for a variety of reasons. But, I do wonder if there’s not a bit of guilt or “wish we had” around allowing Philip to see him that he won’t wish to repeat with HM. And given that she’s 95 in a few days and the fact that often long time couples go within a short period of time, he may decide that he needs to bring him. Again, I don’t really think he will but I can certainly see why he would.

Because they hired one to take care primary care if their kid in the first place. Why hire a nanny and not use her? If they had wanted to do with out a nanny like plenty of people they would not have hired one.

Is it worse to be away from his mother than from his father? I don't think they'll bring him (and if so, only if Meghan also joins); but as long as Archie is with one of his parents, I don't see the problem. They've left him with neither of them for over a week last year, so if they are comfortable enough to do that, they should be comfortable enough to let him be with his father for a similar period.

Not royals they don't and presumably he would need care for the service as young children are unlikely to go.

Harry has never been left with him. Which probably.says more about his mothers view of child care. He was left with friends whole they traveled abroad together but he is not yet two and would have to be put in quarantine and then not really be able to see any of the family anyway. It makes no sense.

I don't think that would reflect badly on them. You're right that Harry's and Meghan's behavior has been comparable, so if it were just about that, they should be equally annoyed with both. But it isn't just about that. Harry is their close relative whom they've always loved, and with whom they've had a lifetime of good memories and experiences that help to balance out the bad. Meghan is someone they've known for just a few years, only really spent time with for a year or so, and it sounds like most of that time wasn't a good experience for anyone involved. Of course they're going to be more forgiving of Harry than of Meghan, because he's their child/grandchild/sibling and Meghan is just the person he married. I think that's pretty normal.

I agree. I honestly doubt that either of them are at the top of the favorites lists right now but I can certainly see how and why they’d be willing to be more forgiving or more willing to go easy on Harry. And I don’t think it’s a stretch or putting words in anyone’s mouth to deduce that there’s a whole lot of tension and friction between those two and the family right now, particularly when they themselves told us so and then had their mouthpieces tell us again for good measure.

This is an excellent point. I’d certainly hope they could manage a few days without a nanny if they’re really as hands on as they’d like us to believe. On top of that I’m positive that he could stay with the other small children in the family during the service. Frankly, I don’t really think Harry will bring him for a variety of reasons. But, I do wonder if there’s not a bit of guilt or “wish we had” around allowing Philip to see him that he won’t wish to repeat with HM. And given that she’s 95 in a few days and the fact that often long time couples go within a short period of time, he may decide that he needs to bring him. Again, I don’t really think he will but I can certainly see why he would.

Only if its outside. He could. The rules are very strict. And he doesn't k ow any of them.

Well given he has fulltime care why would he travel without his nanny. Royals have nannies and they go everywhere with them. It isn't bad parenting it is just reflective of their lives.

Not royals they don't and presumably he would need care for the service as young children are unlikely to go.

Harry has never been left with him. Which probably.says more about his mothers view of child care. He was left with friends whole they traveled abroad together but he is not yet two and would have to be put in quarantine and then not really be able to see any of the family anyway. It makes no sense.

We are talking about an emergency situation during Covid. The royals have shown to be able to adapt, so I don't see a reason why Harry couldn't too. However, bringing the nanny could also be an option if they would choose to - and have a place where she can quarantine with them. I would think that Harry would rather spend his quarantine period just with his son than with the nanny around - but even that could probably be arranged.

Again, I agree, that it wouldn't make much sense - especially if he would only come for a little over a week, so only a few days (after quarantine) - but if they would decide to stay for a week or two (so one more week after the funeral); why not? It would be a good opportunity for the family to get to know Archie somewhat whom they last saw in real life when he was only 6 months (or younger). He is as much Harry's son as he is Meghan's.

But of course, things would be much easier if (the relationship wasn't strained and) there weren't Covid-regulations to deal with, so he could play as much as he wanted with his cousins. In many countries that would be ok - but if I understand it correctly, that is not the case in Britain?!

Last edited:
They repeated the family statement.
Yes..but they said something. Harry & Meghan obviously couldn't repeat the family statement so they said what they could.

I don’t expect Meghan or Archie to come...maybe Harry can bring Archie at another time, but he’s grief-stricken and no doubt wants to spend time with his family....(and they have a lot to talk about). I just think it might be better for H to come alone

I don’t expect Meghan or Archie to come...maybe Harry can bring Archie at another time, but he’s grief-stricken and no doubt wants to spend time with his family....(and they have a lot to talk about). I just think it might be better for H to come alone

I really am not sure what the rule is actually within the ceremony at the moment. Whether you are allowed to sit together with masks on. It certainly is a bit of a confusing one.

They could however have some sort of meeting outside. Again I dont know how big that group.can be.

It is a minefield and the royals will have to do everything by the book.

It is 8.15 am Saturday as I post this, and our news shows the media are camped outside Prince Harry's home in Montecito hoping to catch Harry leaving for the UK.

It is 8.15 am Saturday as I post this, and our news shows the media are camped outside Prince Harry's home in Montecito hoping to catch Harry leaving for the UK.

How do they know he hasn't already left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom