The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This concerns me too. What other private things about the RF will they share with the public?

I suspect they’re revealing “truth bombs” in drips and drabs so as to drag this out as long as possible. Can you imagine what’s in the updated FF? Funeral stories, for sure...At this point, I think only Sussex stans take them at face value.

Wow, Harry....He really does seem delusional

In the fifth series of the episode, Prince Harry described the bombshell discussion as 'real and authentic', saying: 'I like to think that we were able to speak truths in the most compassionate way possible, therefore leaving an opening for reconciliation and healing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...rview-help.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Last edited:
You're giving him too much credit, Becky. Everyone here was - Prince Philip won't live long and how is Harry going to live with this kind of regret? Well, we're now seeing it - by renewing his attacks on the family with even greater ferocity. What makes you think Harry is even capable of regrert?

You're being too kind.

If something happens to Charles, Harry will blame everyone else for driving a wedge between him and his father. It's never Harry's fault and Meghan is, in fact, perfect and godlike. Why would Harry feel any remorse when he oh so compassionately gave Charles the chance to kneel at their feet and give them the chance to shed their light upon the RF's blindness (example: the diversity tsar)? Charles didn't take it.

I certainly hope you’re wrong...but even if nothing happens to Charles per se, he’s not going to live forever, so at some point Harry will have to face that loss. It is striking that, barely after his grandfather died, he had no issue with throwing he and granny under the bus. That’s disturbing.

Last edited:
No he could not. Harry loves his wife more than the institution. He has decided that he can be more helpful to others by being happy and at peace. The institution does not need him. William's family has secured the stability of the monarchy, so why should Harry sacrifice himself? He does not have to be in the RF to help others. There is not a requirement to be in the RF to commit to humanitarian causes. I take pride in my volunteer work and I don't even have a title. ?

I also do not see Harry as a happy man that is at peace with his world around him. I don't dispute what you're saying about needing to be in the BRF to do good and make a difference in the world as we can all find our own ways and means to be a positive part of our world around us. I don't dispute, either, Harry's right to deem what his own life will be like, who he marries, where he lives and how he wants to raise his kids.

What I am *not* seeing is a happy, peaceful Harry. If he was on top of his world and everything is the way he wants them to be and he's content and finding his path of just what he wants out of his life, we'd not be seeing a man filled with anger and resentments and a very "woe is my life" attitude but a beaming Harry excited and wanting to talk about his plans, his future, his goals and how they're starting to be achieved. He's finding fault with everyone under the sun right now besides himself. They did this. My dad did this. My life was forced because of this. This is not a happy man's outlook on life. He's so far focused in the past and the wrongs done to him that he's not seeing the man he should be really looking at. The man he meets in the mirror everyday.

I don't think Harry cares what "compassionate" means. It's just a buzzword he puts in every interview.

Harry should search the word compassion on the dictionary because his behavior with the interview and his public appearances is not compassionate towards people, including his own children.

A person in my very immediate family is undergoing an intense and very nearly unbearable episode of his bipolar disorder right now. A good day for him and for us is one in which he wakes up. The best of compassionate and loving attention, the most carefully studied and prescribed medication, the most professional and sophisticated counseling.... all with only minimal results... and there is...no...cure... Dealing with mental illness of a loved one is heartbreaking. And it takes every bit of courage and self sacrifice I/we can muster to go forward trying to find answers.

Someone upthread suggested Harry should be allowed to ‘crash and burn’, be ignored, ‘frozen out’, as it is so ‘painful for Charles, William, and the Queen.’

That, I/we, will never do. We’re not going to let our son die, just for our convenience.

It’s all very well to say what Harry and Meghan should or shouldn’t do. And I won’t say what the BRF should or shouldn’t do. I/we do whatever we can, and it’s excruciatingly difficult to keep going.

Episodes of a loved one’s mental illness are inconvenient, embarrassing, frustrating, frightening, but we won’t let our son die if we can help it.

This. For family and friends and people close to someone that is in a dark place whether it be self harm, substance abuse, life situations or caused by the body's metabolism itself, this is when unconditional love is most required and that means standing by the person that is suffering no matter what may come and loving them unconditionally.

Some of the most beautiful words ever spoken to me came in this form. "We will love you until you learn to love yourself" and "Its not your problem, it's *our* problem and we're all in this together" and "Whatever it takes, we're here for you" (and they were not only with words, but in their actions). The blessing for me going through a deep, dark period and hearing those words actively showed me the love that *was* there and that I wasn't alone. These are the situations where real compassion and kindness shine through. It's easy to be "compassionate" and "kind" on a superficial level but when the going gets tough and things are hurtful and upside down and every which way but peaceful, it's when the compassion and kindness given *unconditionally* is the true meanings of the words and has the greatest effect.

I would hope that Harry's relatives realize that the Harry they're seeing right now is not the Harry they all know and love and should Harry reach out to any one of them that they'd be right there for him in a heartbeat. The BRF cannot solve Harry's mental issues as that's something only Harry can do for himself but they can constantly and consistently let him know he's loved and valued and they're supporting him.

I would also like to note that Harry was sent to Nepal after the earthquake of 2015 specifically because he served along side Gurkhas in Afghanistan. So it wasn't just that he was randomly sent somewhere, he was sent to a devastated country because he had personal investment there, visited camps and awarded medals etc. So he managed to trash another supposedly hot topic for him.

Harry is one brave dude for speaking up and out.
Kudos to him for not shrinking behind in silence.
I do hope now that he has gotten it all off his chest (is there more?) that he can heal and move on and live his best life ever.

On a side note This Apple is profound. I wept when Oprah was recounting her own traumatic childhood. How awful that she was robbed of her innocence at such a young age!

I think something happened behind the scenes re: Harry/William/Charles that was major. But I doubt the whole story of it will come out.

I don’t buy that he’s being manipulated; to me, that makes excuses for him. I do think Meghan is encouraging him to handle things the way she sees fit - and that means cutting off anyone who isn’t a “yes” man or loses his usefulness. The only one responsible for Harry shredding his father publicly is him it.

To be clear- Harry is responsible for what he says and does. I’m not trying to make excuses for him.

But- I’m not sure he came to the conclusion the publicly bashing his family would be a useful way to help other people suffering from mental health issues is a conclusion he reached all on his own without help. It’s certainly possible. (And he does seem angry and vengeful too. So, I don’t believe there’s only one motivating factor behind this sad and very public situation. Regardless of what he says publicly....or even to himself.)

I would also like to note that Harry was sent to Nepal after the earthquake of 2015 specifically because he served along side Gurkhas in Afghanistan. So it wasn't just that he was randomly sent somewhere, he was sent to a devastated country because he had personal investment there, visited camps and awarded medals etc. So he managed to trash another supposedly hot topic for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't it after that visit to Nepal that Harry, himself, decided he wanted to stay on longer and help build a school or repairing a school? If that trip to Nepal was so distasteful and not something he cared to do, why in the world would he want to stay there longer and actively help in a humanitarian way?

I think in regards to doing his "royal duties", he's putting different slants on things to suit his own way of thinking right now.

Harry is one brave dude for speaking up and out.
Kudos to him for not shrinking behind in silence.
I do hope now that he has gotten it all off his chest (is there more?) that he can heal and move on and live his best life ever.

On a side note This Apple is profound. I wept when Oprah was recounting her own traumatic childhood. How awful that she was robbed of her innocence at such a young age!

Yeah,he is totally brave attacking his father while he’s grieving. Or invading his privacy while demanding that for himself. Very brave, indeed.

I also do not see Harry as a happy man that is at peace with his world around him. I don't dispute what you're saying about needing to be in the BRF to do good and make a difference in the world as we can all find our own ways and means to be a positive part of our world around us. I don't dispute, either, Harry's right to deem what his own life will be like, who he marries, where he lives and how he wants to raise his kids.

What I am *not* seeing is a happy, peaceful Harry. If he was on top of his world and everything is the way he wants them to be and he's content and finding his path of just what he wants out of his life, we'd not be seeing a man filled with anger and resentments and a very "woe is my life" attitude but a beaming Harry excited and wanting to talk about his plans, his future, his goals and how they're starting to be achieved. He's finding fault with everyone under the sun right now besides himself. They did this. My dad did this. My life was forced because of this. This is not a happy man's outlook on life. He's so far focused in the past and the wrongs done to him that he's not seeing the man he should be really looking at. The man he meets in the mirror everyday.

I understand your very valid points but I believe Harry has completed the process of letting this go. Harry, just like his parents, decided to tell his story. Whether one agrees or not, I get the feeling that this has been cathartic for him. We've heard from all sides of this ugly drama about how Harry desperately tried to speak with the Queen and his father but was rebuffed. I'm sure he felt as though no one wanted to listen or help him out of a very difficult situation. Harry will probably never discuss his personal demons again after this documentary. He has told this story so that moving forward, he can encourage others to do the same. He wants people to heal. Charles and the monarchy can withstand this situation. If they love Harry, hopefully they will examine how their own actions have contributed to his exit. There is enough blame to go around. After watching the documentary, I think Harry will be fine.

I knew he would have been sent there for a reason..Those people had lost so much, and Harry is complaining that he was too tired to visit them to lift their spirits. We’re supposed to believe he’s compassionate ? Harry has lost his way.

To be clear- Harry is responsible for what he says and does. I’m not trying to make excuses for him.

But- I’m not sure he came to the conclusion the publicly bashing his family would be a useful way to help other people suffering from mental health issues is a conclusion he reached all on his own without help. It’s certainly possible. (And he does seem angry and vengeful too. So, I don’t believe there’s only one motivating factor behind this sad and very public situation. Regardless of what he says publicly....or even to himself.)

I don’t think he, or anyone around him, have reached the conclusion that bashing his family will help other people suffering from mental health issues. In fact I don’t believe Harry gives a damn about anyone else’s mental health at all. He is bashing his family because they didn’t give him what he wanted and using mental health and constantly linking it to his mother’s situation is the best and easiest way. There is already a narrative about Diana and her issues which has been widely accepted as the absolute truth and all he had to do was say his (and his wife’s) experience was the same and just like that instant attention and sympathy.

Look at how he (they) constantly change their story, how many things they claim are so easily contradicted and questioned, yet a significant number of people are still buying it. Just look at how it’s now all about how they tried but they just had to get out before Meghan ended up dead just like Diana but they never wanted out. In their own words, on their own website, they want to be half in half out. They wanted to be part of the RoyalFamily but be allowed to have commercial deals. If any of what they are now claiming was true they would have originally done what they are now trying to claim they did, they would of simply cut and run. If they truly feared for her safety they would have gotten the hell out of there not stayed for negotiations!

An opinion piece by Camilla Tominey from the Daily Telegraph. While she applauds the focus on mental health by Prince Harry with his past work (Heads Together) and current project (Apple TV) she does have some valid concerns IMO. One being that Prince Harry appears to have lost sight that with some of his statements that he's actually harming the mental health of others ie: his British family. Also that he might be oversharing to the point that some are now turned off to the message of receiving care if they are turned off by some of his comments about others. She's hopeful that he'll find a balance between the two. At this point in time having listened to the podcast and having watched the special, that Prince Harry is clearly struggling with his mental health. I am truly concerned for the well being of his family especially with in regards to his wife, son and soon to be born daughter. The arrival of a new member is joyful but it brings change and stress with it. This could be a very challenging time ahead for the Sussexes.

Watching all of this play out, I can’t help but think about how Meghan cut her dad out of her life because the hurt he was causing by constantly running to the media to discuss their relationship. So it’s interesting to see Harry and Meghan doing the same thing.

Here’s a review for ‘The Me You Can’t See.’ While the reviewer thought parts of the docu-series were really well done, he ultimately didn’t think the series came together as a whole. This part stood out to me.

For all this delving into the psyches of various subjects, and although both Winfrey and Harry both log time on-camera, it’s Harry (credited here as Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex) who is the show’s connective tissue. The episodes, structured around stages of the search for help, track Harry’s own experience — in the first episode, recognizing the need for help; in the second, actually asking for it; in the third, finding a method that work. For Harry, this includes EMDR therapy, a practice combining the recollection of upsetting memories with physical stimulation that can be used to address post-traumatic stress disorder. He also discusses a set of incidents that will be familiar to anyone who saw the earlier Winfrey interview, though, here, they’re told solely from Harry’s perspective; at least in the first three episodes, Meghan, whose past thoughts of suicide Harry describes, does not appear.

The impact of these revelations is blunted, somewhat, both by repetition and by context. Both co-creators seem to be striving for the point that trauma is a universal fact of life, that we all have something terrible that we’ve been through. This is not, strictly speaking, new: Winfrey has made her name on shared intimacy with her audience. But this show struggles to make its case, growing more successful the more time elapses between Harry’s appearances. Even a viewer who believes that all pain is valid to the person experiencing it, and who believes that Harry’s life of constricting privilege and rigidity left real scars — neither of which seems like it ought to be a controversial point — may run up against the limits of their sympathy when the show cuts from Harry’s narrative to an adult Syrian refugee mentoring children who’ve fled their homeland.”

You could be right, although I imagine more of the encouragement would have come from Meghan. What would Oprah and other media people know about mental health ? Why would he listen to them?

I do think it’s possible that Harry is trying to convince himself of many things he’s saying. He seems to still want or hope for a reconciliation one day...which, while it might happen, can’t as long as he continues to rail against his family in public. As long as he keeps doing that, he’ll be feeding his own anger...and he’ll never find peace and happiness.

An opinion piece by Camilla Tominey from the Daily Telegraph. While she applauds the focus on mental health by Prince Harry with his past work (Heads Together) and current project (Apple TV) she does have some valid concerns IMO. One being that Prince Harry appears to have lost sight that with some of his statements that he's actually harming the mental health of others ie: his British family. Also that he might be oversharing to the point that some are now turned off to the message of receiving care if they are turned off by some of his comments about others. She's hopeful that he'll find a balance between the two. At this point in time having listened to the podcast and having watched the special, that Prince Harry is clearly struggling with his mental health. I am truly concerned for the well being of his family especially with in regards to his wife, son and soon to be born daughter. The arrival of a new member is joyful but it brings change and stress with it. This could be a very challenging time ahead for the Sussexes.

She raises some excellent points....I do think deep down that Harry would like to reconcile with his family, but that will require that be see things from their POV as well as his. They are hurting, too.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile Oprah Winfrey defends the Sussexes continued remarks about the British Royal Family while asking the public to respect the couple's privacy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...nds-Prince-Harry-Meghans-plea-boundaries.html

Speaking to Hoda Kotb on the Today show on Friday morning - hours after Harry, 36, publicly aired more damaging allegations about his family in his new Apple TV+ series with Oprah, 67 - the TV mogul insisted that the Sussexes 'deserve' to 'not be intruded and invaded upon', but claimed that this shouldn't mean they are unable to speak out about their experiences.
'You know, I ask for privacy, and I'm talking all the time,' she said. 'So I think being able to have a life that you are not intruded upon by photographers, or people flying overhead, or invading your life, is what every person wants and deserves — to not to be intruded and invaded upon.
'That's what people are missing. Privacy doesn't mean silence.'

However does Ms. Winfrey comprehend that The Queen, PoW, Duchess of Cornwall etc...also deserve to have their privacy respected too? Privacy is not solely limited to being free of intrusion by photographers and the press, but that your private conversations with your family members should remain so? Will the BRF continue to have concerns that any future personal and private conversations that they have with the Sussexes will remain so or will they be the lead story on the CBS Morning show with Gayle King?

Last edited:
I understand your very valid points but I believe Harry has completed the process of letting this go. Harry, just like his parents, decided to tell his story. Whether one agrees or not, I get the feeling that this has been cathartic for him. We've heard from all sides of this ugly drama about how Harry desperately tried to speak with the Queen and his father but was rebuffed. I'm sure he felt as though no one wanted to listen or help him out of a very difficult situation. Harry will probably never discuss his personal demons again after this documentary. He has told this story so that moving forward, he can encourage others to do the same. He wants people to heal. Charles and the monarchy can withstand this situation. If they love Harry, hopefully they will examine how their own actions have contributed to his exit. There is enough blame to go around. After watching the documentary, I think Harry will be fine.

I sincerely hope that this isn't the last we'll hear of Harry's road to mental health. I'm seriously hoping that, in time, there may be a sequel to "The Me You Can't See" called "The Me I Didn't See" that tells how Harry faced his challenges and came to acceptance of what was and shares what he's done to move forward and embracing life.

This is a good exercise to signify where Harry is right now. Draw a circle and in the middle of that circle, place a dot. Then just draw a circle. The circle with the dot is where Harry is right now. He's the dot in the middle and the circle is everything around him that affects him. He's (rightfully so in most cases of those in recovery/therapy) focusing on the dot that is himself. He's working on his own self awareness, self esteem, self worth and putting himself first which is what is needed to actively start to heal and to love oneself. The aim of therapy/recovery though is to become the second circle. You're not in the middle anymore but confident and secure in yourself that you become part and parcel of the circle (everything and everyone around you).

To quote Chief Seattle. "Man does not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself".

Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't it after that visit to Nepal that Harry, himself, decided he wanted to stay on longer and help build a school or repairing a school? If that trip to Nepal was so distasteful and not something he cared to do, why in the world would he want to stay there longer and actively help in a humanitarian way?

I think in regards to doing his "royal duties", he's putting different slants on things to suit his own way of thinking right now.

Yes, it was. Which is one of the many reasons that I believe he is now reinterpreting many aspects of his life; and not presenting what he thought at the time it happened.

Meanwhile Oprah Winfrey defends the Sussexes continued remarks about the British Royal Family while asking the public to respect the couple's privacy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...nds-Prince-Harry-Meghans-plea-boundaries.html

However does Ms. Winfrey comprehend that The Queen, PoW, Duchess of Cornwall etc...also deserve to have their privacy respected too? Privacy is not solely limited to being free of intrusion by photographers and the press, but that your private conversations with your family members should remain so? Will the BRF continue to have concerns that any future personal and private conversations that they have with the Sussexes will remain so or will they be the lead story on the CBS Morning show with Gayle King?

Little Miss Hypocrite...I never cared one way or the other about Oprah, but now I actively loathe her. She says she asks for privacy and yet she talks...but the BRF don’t talk, they didn’t ask for any of this. It would be one thing if Harry was talking only about himself, but he’s attacking his father, twisting things he said to suit his agenda...revealing personal conversations. Apparently only H and M hurt, not Charles, HM, William, etc ...

On the other hand, Robert Jobson is spot on:

”If we’re talking about building bridges, I can’t see many bridges being built whilst [Harry] wants to live it all out in the public domain,” Jobson tells Page Six.

“I think that he does seem to want to capitalize, or cash in, on his discomfort — or what he claims to be his discomfort … How can a father build a relationship with his son if everything they say or will say is in public for commercial enrichment?”

“There’s a bit of disrespect regarding his grandfather, which hasn’t gone unnoticed on this side of the pond,” he noted. “To continually blame your childhood — which is of course what we all do — but do you have to air it in public? Most people go see a shrink and it’s between them and the shrink, not between them and 50 million people.”

Jobson, who has also penned books about Princess Diana and Prince Charles, wonders how far Harry will continue to go — and to what end.

How much more navel-gazing can he possibly do? To what effect, what is the impact he’s trying to achieve? Is it the end of the monarchy? What does he want?” Jobson asks.

https://pagesix.com/2021/05/21/robe...ould-reconcile/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

One of the things that strike me as most troubling in the whole affair is Harry's constant whining about their precious privacy, their precious pure child, the prison his father and brother he's so compassionate towards are condemned to... while being all chummy with Orlando Bloom, the man with Prince George's parody. They even bonded around their precious privacy and photographers. But Harry clearly doesn't care one whit about his nephew's privacy or people exploiting George's "prison".

All these talks about loving Harry unconditionally are very nice but they leave out one crucial thing... It's hard to accept back without any reserves someone who obviously doesn't give a damn about your own child and granchild's "usage" while he moans about being used in this very same manner.

As someone who has experienced mental illness - still ongoing - in my extended family, I'll say that the person's unconditional love for us children shone through their decades of struggle. If they had perceived anything as being threatening to us, the person doing it would better watch their back. And that further endeared them to my parents, my grandparents and so on. I don't see anything like this in Harry and I don't for a moment believe it's because of his struggles. Compared to the person I'm talking about, Harry looks as put together as an actor at the Oscars. His hypocrisy and lack of care does come through. I'm fully expecting to hear it was all Charlotte's fault re: the infamous crying accident. Really, if he's so compassionate towards his father and brother who were so mean, cruel and envious to him and Meghan, what other explanation is there for his eagerness to rub shoulders with a bona fide Hollywood royalty who reaches with grubby dirty fingers into his nephew's life and confidence, other than George and perhaps Charlotte and Louis having also wronged him and his goddess?

Last edited:
Since the Sussex's apparently cut Meghan's father off as they were afraid he would share private conversations with the media I presume they won't hold it against Harry's family if they now decide to do the same with them.

I do think it’s possible that Harry is trying to convince himself of many things he’s saying. He seems to still want or hope for a reconciliation one day...which, while it might happen, can’t as long as he continues to rail against his family in public. As long as he keeps doing that, he’ll be feeding his own anger...and he’ll never find peace and happiness.

For the sake of Archie and the new baby, and also the Queen, I hope that may be possible, but it's a very long way back from this. He's yelling all over international TV that his family are cold and uncaring, that they neglected him, that his father was a bad father and his grandparents were bad parents ... you might get past a stroppy teenager saying that, but a man in his 30s? And he's doing all this just after his grandfather's death.

All these talks about loving Harry unconditionally are very nice but they leave out one crucial thing... It's hard to accept back without any reserves someone who obviously doesn't give a damn about your own child and granchild's "usage" while he moans about being used in this very same manner.

As someone who has experienced mental illness - still ongoing - in my extended family, I'll say that the person's unconditional love for us children shone through their decades of struggle. If they had perceived anything as being threatening to us, the person doing it would better watch their back. And that further endeared them to my parents, my grandparents and so on. I don't see anything like this in Harry and I don't for a moment believe it's because of his struggles. Compared to the person I'm talking about, Harry looks as put together as an actor at the Oscars. His hypocrisy and lack of care does come through. I'm fully expecting to hear it was all Charlotte's fault re: the infamous crying accident.

Thank you for sharing your insight based on your experience - I know others have as well.

Even after the Oprah interview, I was hopeful that the family relationship could be repaired. Never say never, but it is hard to see a way back to his family after this. I assume he will come back for the unveiling of the statue, but I think it will be very uncomfortable for them to spend any length of time in the UK.

I assume they may visit the Queen this summer to show how loving and supportive they are, but I don't see much interaction with the rest of the family. Even though Harry is not criticizing William, I have a hard time seeing William wanting to spend much time with Harry and Meghan.

Regarding future events, I think Harry will be treated as a minor royal or a non-royal family member at occasions like the Trooping of the Color and the Jubilee, which I don't think he will be happy about.

In Germany we have this phrase: World Champion or politician or whatever, you name it, "of the hearts". So, a popular silver medalist is the "Champion of the Hearts"...

And I really thought, Prince Harry wanted to become the "Prince of the Hearts" instead of the spare part Prince he is and that's why he left the UK to conquer America.

But what I read here in the Forums, what Prince Harry all does and says, sounds very bitter and angry... :ermm:

It is really hard for me to understand. I mean, he - the man who lives in a multi-million US$ Villa with a beautiful wife and kid(s) and has a privileged life - can't be the role model for the downtrodden and the dis-advantaged!

So, what is he trying to achieve in the long run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom