The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

He shared the aniversary pictures of W&C on his twitter too. During a very brief browsing through the conments, I don't think his followers appreciated the action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
If Harry had just gone off and done his own thing like Princess Madeleine of Sweden did, rather than making a load of nasty remarks about his family, the press and pretty much everyone else, I think people would have understood, and wished him well. It's not as if he was the king or the direct heir, which would have been different.

Random comparison - think of a footballer who's gone to play for a rival team but left on good terms. He'll still be warmly applauded (when crowds are allowed in!) when he returns to the stadium of his old team, because people appreciate his efforts in the past but understand that it was time for him to move on. But if someone's been slagging off the manager, the other players and the fans of his old club, he'll be booed.

Old 05-01-2021, 03:37 AM
Majesty

[...]

Was Harry always angry at his secondary status? Or was it something that's only cropped up in the last few years? Im surprised because while He irritated me, I thought he was fundamentally a nice enough guy. But someone who can wait a year to pour out all that venom on the RF, clearly has issues, and seems to me he was an angry petulant young man but he hid it in public...
He said himself that he was angry and had angry impulses for a loing time, but it was only after many years that William got him to seek therapy.. but now the angry feelings still seem to be there. Is he angry at Charles for the Diana issues? Or because Charles has said no to him, after years of bieng indulgent?

Old 05-01-2021, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Was Harry always angry at his secondary status? Or was it something that's only cropped up in the last few years? Im surprised because while He irritated me, I thought he was fundamentally a nice enough guy. But someone who can wait a year to pour out all that venom on the RF, clearly has issues, and seems to me he was an angry petulant young man but he hid it in public...
He said himself that he was angry and had angry impulses for a loing time, but it was only after many years that William got him to seek therapy.. but now the angry feelings still seem to be there. Is he angry at Charles for the Diana issues? Or because Charles has said no to him, after years of bieng indulgent?
Sometimes the anger is not being angry *at* anything but a deep rooted dissatisfaction that life isn't perfect and the anger is expressed at a multitude of various things that just happen to be in life's path at the moment. It could be issues from the past, incidents that happen in the here and now and also fear of what's to come in the future. This is what I meant when I said I see uncertainty in Harry these days. I don't know what to think about Meghan. Is she playing into these uncertainties like a poked mama bear or is she unsure of what's to come too.

The bottom line is that if he really wanted out and away from royal life and he got what he wanted (which he did when they moved to California), there wouldn't be any need for him to be angry about things. He'd be breathing a huge sigh of relief and be the happy go lucky master of the mansion sitting poolside with his iced tea with the lemon slice and the cute little umbrella. The fact that there are resentments that have come out all over the place tells me that things aren't that they appear to be in LaLaLand with the solutions being as clear as a mud puddle.

The fact that this couple keeps making sure that the public is informed of each and every little detail that happens in their lives, to me, means they're screaming for attention and validation from outside sources. People secure in their own skins don't feel this kind of a need and just get on with life.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
If Harry had just gone off and done his own thing like Princess Madeleine of Sweden did, rather than making a load of nasty remarks about his family, the press and pretty much everyone else, I think people would have understood, and wished him well. It's not as if he was the king or the direct heir, which would have been different.
Random comparison - think of a footballer who's gone to play for a rival team but left on good terms. He'll still be warmly applauded (when crowds are allowed in!) when he returns to the stadium of his old team, because people appreciate his efforts in the past but understand that it was time for him to move on. But if someone's been slagging off the manager, the other players and the fans of his old club, he'll be booed.
Well, Chris and Madeleine are a very different ballgame compared to Harry and Meghan, as we know.
Chris O`Neil is the average businessman, earning his money to protect and secure wife and children. Prcss Madeleine pretty much lives the traditional life of a minor royal female, looking after the children and doing some charity, "The childhood foundation", on the side. It occurs to me pretty much like the traditional life style of the upper classes from the 1950s and 60s.
Chris and Madeleine are not out trying to "save the world".

Harry and Meghan are up in arms against who knows exactly what. They are the perfect example of the "victim culture", Harry´s mother established so successfully 30 years ago. They need their publicity, just like Diana did, like the air to breathe! How otherwise could they crave for comfort against all these people being so mean to them?!

It´s absolutely right, what you say - and every sane human being would agree with you! But this is not how people like these work.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We can postulate till the cows come home of what's really going on with Harry but we're never going to actually know unless he goes public and tells us. Maybe in the docuseries on mental health he's doing with Oprah? Like every other human being on this planet, mental issues are part of life's experiences and Harry's no exception. Makes me so grateful that the ones I've gone through over the years didn't have to be played out in the public domain.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

I think it's one of the RR who said it, but I remember reading about how a young Harry went naked in front of Charles' guests once. So maybe his rebellious streak was always there but carefully hidden by PR.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Apparently, there was a recent update on the Elevating a Generation of Girl Leaders page of Archewell website.
https://archewell.com/news/elevating...-girl-leaders/

Emily Nash has tweeted out this new update:
Emily Nash @emynash
The Duchess of Sussex convened a roundtable with Girls Inc. and National Women's Law Center early this month to hear directly from adolescent girls about their experiences and stories, and "honor and reflect on a long history of women changemakers":
1:13 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://archewell.com/news/elevating...-girl-leaders/

Other news media/publications have also picked this up:

Meghan Markle Speaks at a Roundtable for Female Leadership
The Duchess of Sussex joined a virtual forum for organizations Girls Inc. and National Women’s Law Center.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...undtable-2021/

Meghan Markle tells teenage girls to 'challenge injustice' as she speaks to 'young activists with ambitions of being senators, doctors and presidents' in virtual chat
Meghan Markle held roundtable with 13 to 18-year-olds, primarily girls of colour
She said these included mental health, racism and 'identity loss and isolation'
Duchess urged 'young activists' to share challenges their generation faced
Archewell website says roundtable gave the girls platform to 'help define a path forward and continue making an impact'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tual-chat.html
Old 05-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Nobility

Glad the Duchess is addressing there issues with young girls
Vanity Fair has an article this month that is scathing to the Royal Family and sympathetic to the Sussexs.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I think it's one of the RR who said it, but I remember reading about how a young Harry went naked in front of Charles' guests once. So maybe his rebellious streak was always there but carefully hidden by PR.
To be fair, William also had some not so flattering pictures and stories as well.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post

I wonder how young Harry was when he ended naked in front of his father's guests. Was he three, thirteen or twenty three? Perhaps he'd run away from one of the nannies and ended up downstairs in the KP dining room?
Old 05-02-2021, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
To be fair, William also had some not so flattering pictures and stories as well.

This is true. And, in reality, anyone’s life who is put under a microscope will have unflattering stories told about them. Some are just worse than others.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We can postulate till the cows come home of what's really going on with Harry but we're never going to actually know unless he goes public and tells us. Maybe in the docuseries on mental health he's doing with Oprah? Like every other human being on this planet, mental issues are part of life's experiences and Harry's no exception. Makes me so grateful that the ones I've gone through over the years didn't have to be played out in the public domain.
I can emphasize with Harry, he scared of loosing his new family and he is panicking because he does not enough income to support their lifestyle.
Old 05-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Sussex during the Global Citizen VAX LIVE: The Concert To Reunite The World at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, on May 2:

** gettyimages gallery **

** people article: Prince Harry Makes Impassioned Speech at Vax Live Concert: 'This Pandemic Cannot End Unless We Act Collectively'
Old 05-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Majesty

An impassioned speech indeed. And one that has new importance as we see the crisis in India growing daily. Australia sent some of our vaccines to Papua New Guinea to help out as coronavirus surged there. But it is not enough. We just can’t be complacent about helping the poorer countries of the world as Harry has pointed out. I hope this concert garners huge donations.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:16 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting! Thanks!

I didn't realize this was happening so soon after the announcement that they were chairing it. This is probably my fault for not reading the articles closely enough, but I thought they'd just then been named as chairs, and were just beginning to organize the whole thing. Oops!
Old 05-03-2021, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I wonder how young Harry was when he ended naked in front of his father's guests. Was he three, thirteen or twenty three? Perhaps he'd run away from one of the nannies and ended up downstairs in the KP dining room?
he was in his teens...as far as I know. And you may remember that he got naked in front of a lot of people in Las Vegas...
Doing silly stuff like strip billiards is - well silly but what was extremely foolish was getting naked with a bunch of strangers and letting them photograph him. Overall, I think that it is true that Harry is easily led. When he was in the army, he seems to have been a good enthusiastic soldier but he was easily led into this sort of foolish behaviour when he was getting a b it too old to get away with it. And when he wasn't on active service, he didn't like havign a desk job..
Now he seems to have gone all "California Radical minded new man" under Meg's influence.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
I can emphasize with Harry, he scared of loosing his new family and he is panicking because he does not enough income to support their lifestyle.
Why would he lose his family?
Old 05-03-2021, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Maybe he can downsize his way of living then.....
Old 05-03-2021, 07:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Maybe he can downsize his way of living then.....
Presumably he can't. the only reason I can think of that he'd lose his family would be if Meg was likely to say that she wouldn't live in a smaller house etc etc.. and surely she is not so mercenary?
Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Presumably he can't. the only reason I can think of that he'd lose his family would be if Meg was likely to say that she wouldn't live in a smaller house etc etc.. and surely she is not so mercenary?
Hadn’t Charles stopped giving them money before they bought that house? Surely they could have found something safe to their liking for less money - say 7 million.

Closed Thread