The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 06:30 AM
Gentry

Last night I watched a documentary on german tele called: Diana's dangerous heritage.
The film compares her relation to the media with what Harry is doing right now.

I did not find an extra thread here in this forum and as only my husband is british may I ask if Harry's choice of words is common in the UK?
There is a piece of the engagement interview and Harry is talking about the "crazy journey with Meghan "and that he hopes "the ring will remain on her finger."
I remember a lot how people judged what Charles said like " whatever love means" about his engagement to Diana ,
and now wonder if what Harry said is comparable weird for such an occasion.
In my mother tongue and culture we would never say something like this for an engagement, yet in an interview.

Maybe some british user would like to let me know? Thank you so much.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:48 AM
Serene Highness

I think the "crazy journey" comment was just reflecting the fact that they hadn't know each other than long, and also that it had been a strange sort of relationship because it had been conducted long distance. I don't think there's anything weird about that: it's just reflecting what happened.

The comment about hoping the ring would remain on her finger just sounds like saying "I hope we're going to be together for the rest of our lives". Maybe it's a little bit strange, in that, if you're getting married, it should be taken as read that you hope you're going to be together for the rest of your lives, but I don't think anyone thought anything of it.

Old 04-29-2021, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

A week or so ago, this would have made me sad... but, I’m glad that Charles isn’t begging Harry for forgiveness; he should be angry and hurt at how his son ripped him publicly and threw the family under the bus. H seems to still be angry that his father didn’t give him what he wanted.

Quote:
Charles is still fuming about Harry throwing shade at him and the royal family in the big interview and won’t let it drop,” the insider notes. “But to be honest, Harry didn’t go running back to Charles begging for forgiveness either. He still hasn’t forgiven his father for his lack of effort and support after he and Meghan decided to move. The reason Harry went back to the U.K. was to see the queen and to pay his respects to Prince Philip. That’s about as far as it goes.”

The Prince of Wales has a new vision in mind for the future, which does not involve Harry. “Charles is working toward a new slimmed-down monarchy and is freezing Harry out. He’s actually already out,” the source says. “After the damage Harry has caused the family, he firmly believes that his son doesn’t deserve the privilege of being a royal.”

Given the depth of the circumstances, royal watchers should not hold their breath for a reconciliation. According to the insider, “To put it bluntly, it’s unlikely that we’ll be seeing Harry and Charles making amends anytime soon.”
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ter-interview/
Old 04-29-2021, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Saddened to hear this if it is true.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
Saddened to hear this if it is true.
It is sad...I’m sad for Charles that he’s, in a way, lost one of his sons...and it’s hard to see a way back until Harry starts seeing things from his father’s POV (and his family’s, as a whole)
Old 04-30-2021, 06:32 AM
Serene Highness

Harpers Bazaar (not exactly accurate in royal family) is suggesting that Harry & Meghan privately wished The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their 10th wedding anniversary. This was based on a source closed to the Sussexes

Quote:
Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan have sent Prince William and Kate Middleton well wishes for their 10th wedding anniversary.

A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirms to BAZAAR.com that the couple have privately congratulated the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their marital milestone. However, it's unclear whether the message was sent via a phone call, video call, or written note.

The Sussex and Cambridge households seem to have had a more distant relationship in the past year following Harry and Meghan's decision to step back as senior working members of the royal family. Last month, the Sussexes expressed some of the frustrations they had while working within the institution, with Meghan revealing that Kate had at one point made her cry and Harry admitting that he and his brother were giving each other "space."

That said, there have been subtle signs of a slow and steady reconciliation between the two couples. In addition to the Sussexes' recent well wishes, Harry briefly reunited with his brother and sister-in-law in England earlier this month at the funeral for his grandfather Prince Philip.

Following the scaled-back service, Harry was seen walking and chatting with Will and Kate. BAZAAR can confirm that they attended a private family wake together for their grandfather as well. Though Meghan, who is in the late stages of pregnancy, could not attend the ceremony, she sent a note and a sentimental wreath for the late Duke of Edinburgh, which was displayed at the funeral.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Privately Wished Prince William and Kate Middleton a Happy Anniversary
A source close to the Sussexes confirms to BAZAAR.com that the couple expressed their well wishes.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...c=socialflowTW
Old 04-30-2021, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

That source would be Scobie....

Must the Sussexes inform us every time they do something ? Even if this is true, this - as far as I’m concerned- makes them look bad. What’s interesting is that there hasn’t been one positive leak about Harry and Charles...they’ve all been negative, including from Omid Scobie. It feels like Harry and Meghan want people to think things are improving with William (even if they’re not)...not so much his father. The below is a complete reach - Harry also met up with Charles, and you don’t hear OS crowing about their reconciliation. H saw his other family members - again, no talk of reconciliation. H and M sending anniversary wishes is nice, I suppose...but I don’t think that’s indicative of anything.

Quote:
That said, there have been subtle signs of a slow and steady reconciliation between the two couples. In addition to the Sussexes' recent well wishes, Harry briefly reunited with his brother and sister-in-law in England earlier this month at the funeral for his grandfather Prince Philip.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:54 AM
Majesty

I don’t think that one can take anything from articles appearing in US magazines like US Weekly or Harpers Bazaar for that matter. Nor from unnamed ‘sources’. No outsider (journalist) knows what conversations went on between Harry and his father and brother during the time he was at Windsor for the funeral, or between Harry and his grandmother for that matter.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:20 AM
Gentry

I would not take this reports seriously.
The way more and more "sources and insiders" are said to pop up, the less credit I give them.
And if the couple really still spreads information this way, it only shows how poor their marriage&life is if they can only concentrate on the past and use it to stay in the media with this gossip.
They do not work and have not received enough in the past the media could report about, which I think is a really poor sign for two almost 40 year olds. I mean why does nobody write about Meghans glorious past as an actress? Or what Harry achieved in 35 years before Meghan met him? It's dead boring ��*♀️

Though it sounds hard, the only way to deal with them for the court is to cut them off.
Will be tough times for a while if they give more interviews but after a while Harry will simply have no more things to tell and then the can be ignored.

I feel sorry for Charles as a father but his position makes this inevitable IMO.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don’t think that one can take anything from articles appearing in US magazines like US Weekly or Harpers Bazaar for that matter. Nor from unnamed ‘sources’. No outsider (journalist) knows what conversations went on between Harry and his father and brother during the time he was at Windsor for the funeral, or between Harry and his grandmother for that matter.
That’s fair, though HB is Omid, and he’s got the inside track with H and M.

It’s true some of these sources can be sketchy, but some of them might also be reputable (the fact that they are anonymous doesn’t make them sketchy.

It almost seems like there’s a back and forth between sources, trying to make either the Sussexes or the BRF the injured parties...
Old 04-30-2021, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

Harper's is usually Scobie and using "Duchess Meghan" and then "Kate Middleton" is a dead giveaway.

Of course we have to take everything with a pinch of salt.

I realise that they don't have an official social media account any more and can't just put something standard up there but *if* it is Scobie directed by them it would fit the pattern of them commenting that they've "privately" contacted the family on an
important event.

Although we haven't heard whether the Cambridges rated a locally sourced floral arrangement packed with symbolism along with a handwritten note so it's pretty mild whoever wrote it.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
A week or so ago, this would have made me sad... but, I’m glad that Charles isn’t begging Harry for forgiveness; he should be angry and hurt at how his son ripped him publicly and threw the family under the bus. H seems to still be angry that his father didn’t give him what he wanted.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ter-interview/
I suspect this will be the new slant for a few weeks. After that, we'll go back to Charles is "desperate" for a reconciliation.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
That source would be Scobie....

Must the Sussexes inform us every time they do something ? Even if this is true, this - as far as I’m concerned- makes them look bad. What’s interesting is that there hasn’t been one positive leak about Harry and Charles...they’ve all been negative, including from Omid Scobie. It feels like Harry and Meghan want people to think things are improving with William (even if they’re not)...not so much his father. The below is a complete reach - Harry also met up with Charles, and you don’t hear OS crowing about their reconciliation. H saw his other family members - again, no talk of reconciliation. H and M sending anniversary wishes is nice, I suppose...but I don’t think that’s indicative of anything.
I also wished my brother-in-law and sister-in-law a happy anniversary yesterday; do you think the world would want to know?

BTW, I also wished one of my other sisters-in-law a happy birthday last weekend and will wish my sister a happy birthday this weekend
Old 04-30-2021, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

could it be because they don't have social media that they cant place it there - the same way Kensington Roya, the Royal family and Clarence House twitter and Facebook works?
Or do they see like the Queen offers condolence, thank you and congratulation on behalf of the United Kingdom?
Old 04-30-2021, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
could it be because they don't have social media that they cant place it there - the same way Kensington Roya, the Royal family and Clarence House twitter and Facebook works?
Or do they see like the Queen offers condolence, thank you and congratulation on behalf of the United Kingdom?
If they would want to, they could easily create another 'personal' social media channel. Doesn't Archewell also have a social media presence? Although I think it is a wise decision that they are not using that to communicate about their personal issues - but I'm not sure that communicating through friends in the media or to charities you are related with is a better alternative.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I suspect this will be the new slant for a few weeks. After that, we'll go back to Charles is "desperate" for a reconciliation.
I’m sure he’d love it as a father, but parents have feelings, too. Maybe one day Harry will have some sort of epiphany, or he’ll be a different place. Giles Brandreth spoke about how Charles was in a “dark place” when he publicly criticized his parents (there are more details I didn’t include), but had changed his tune once he had a more positive feeling about the world.

In no way am I suggesting Harry is in a dark place, but I do think that it might take a mindset shift for him to think differently about his father.

Quote:
He added: "Often where you are is how you see the world.

"So if you are in a dark corner personally, the world seems in a dark place.

"And you look back on your childhood and that seems a dark place and you feel you need to blame somebody."

But Mr Brandreth said Prince Charles' ill feelings towards his childhood "completely changed" in the years to come when he returned to a better place.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...p-relationship
Old 04-30-2021, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

Imagine if this was any other high-profile business, if we think of the working side of the Royal Family as a business. You announce that you're quitting because you're so unhappy, and then you appear on TV and slag off the business and everyone who works in it. Would you expect the managing director's vision for the future to include offering you your job back? I don't think so!

On a personal basis, it's sad that the relationship between Harry and Charles seems to have got so bad, but what did Harry expect?
Old 04-30-2021, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

I wouldn't take "unnamed sources close to the Sussexes" seriously at all if the Sussexes (or at least Meghan) didn't have a proven history of using them intentionally, most recently with the flowers.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Imagine if this was any other high-profile business, if we think of the working side of the Royal Family as a business. You announce that you're quitting because you're so unhappy, and then you appear on TV and slag off the business and everyone who works in it. Would you expect the managing director's vision for the future to include offering you your job back? I don't think so!

On a personal basis, it's sad that the relationship between Harry and Charles seems to have got so bad, but what did Harry expect?
Im surprised at it.. which I think shows that Harry has been acting difficult and irrational, in the past year or so... to the point where Charles who was an indulgent father, clearly felt that he had no option but to tell his son that he wouldnt' talk to him until he was less demanding. And I think that now, after the interview Charles is again in a situation where he feels that he has to be careful with what he says to his son.. He may well feel on a personal level that he'd like to take him back but that on a working/business level, he has to be ultra cautious what is said between them.. because he does not know how Harry may react if he feels himself to be crossed.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Nobility

People grow up and marry and have children. I am thankful that Harry did not stay preserved as the "happy go lucky" guy. He would then be put in a niche as the "fun" perennial bachelor which is not a good thing IMO.

Closed Thread