The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I’m glad he’s committed to this project
Thanks for sharing this - it’s a well done video and I know his heart is really present! Very appropriate for Earth Day.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:27 AM
Aristocracy

If Meghan (and maybe Harry) hadn't cooperated with Omid in writing FF, him updating it wouldn't be terribly noteworthy, because he'd just be doing it of his own accord. But it came out in her lawsuit that she did cooperate with him, despite both Meghan and Omid having denied it previously. I think it's fair to assume that she'll cooperate with the update as well. Even if she doesn't, no one with an ounce of sense - namely, Harry's family - will believe them when they deny it.

Do they have any kind of long-term plan here? I don't think they held much back in the Oprah interview, and repeating the same allegations over and over and over isn't going to continue to generate the same level of media interest if they're still doing it years from now. If they name the person who made the supposedly-racist comment or produce the email "receipts," that might get them a bit of interest, but it will be a one-off. They've said what they have to say about their time with the royals, and at the rate they're going, they're not going to have any more time with the royals to write about. "My brother said 'Good morning' right before we unveiled the statue" isn't going to sell newspapers. Neither is "I flew in the night before my grandmother's funeral, stayed at a hotel, left immediately after the ceremony, and didn't speak to anyone." That's all it's going to be, and that's sad.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
If Meghan (and maybe Harry) hadn't cooperated with Omid in writing FF, him updating it wouldn't be terribly noteworthy, because he'd just be doing it of his own accord. But it came out i They've said what they have to say about their time with the royals, and at the rate they're going, they're not going to have any more time with the royals to write about. "My brother said 'Good morning' right before we unveiled the statue" isn't going to sell newspapers. Neither is "I flew in the night before my grandmother's funeral, stayed at a hotel, left immediately after the ceremony, and didn't speak to anyone." That's all it's going to be, and that's sad.
I think they'll be able to drag things out quite a bit.. Look how many years certain people have traded on a connection with a certain royal.. Tehy will spin new stories, refer to things that happened years ago etc etc. truth is that a lot of those who watch these shows aren't very critical minded and wont notice discrepancies.. Eventually yes I think interest will run out, but it may take a few years.
I dont know what they'll do when the interest in "interviwing H and Meghan " does run out with the American public but we'll see.....
Old 04-25-2021, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan nor Harry “cooperated” with Omid. What they did was didn’t block anyone from speaking to him. That was in the lawsuit. Omid himself has confirmed more than once he had never spoken to them in that way. He is not their friend. He does not know them. In fact plenty of details in his book was wrong. He is no different than the other correspondents who go to people familiar with royals and write book. The only difference is he doesn’t attack the Sussexes which apparently is a sin. But make no mistake is it just the other side of the same coin.

Harry and Meghan did their interview. People have various opinions on it but that’s over. We haven’t heard anything else. They said their piece and kept it moving and I’m glad.

Looking forward to hearing more news of their work instead of this constant fixation of imaginary scenarios and merry go round conversations.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Oh brother, if this is true...sigh. Hypocrisy, thy name is Sussex. Let me guess, there will be an update on the interview, subsequent “unproductive” talks, funeral and “summit” talks? I can see it now - flower-gate in all the gory details, and an expose on Harry’s “private” conversations with Charles, William and Kate, designed to let everyone know how hard H had tried, but everyone was so mean to him (including the rest of BRF at funeral)

https://twitter.com/angelalevin1/sta...577393665?s=21
Edit: yep, it’s true, and I was right. Good grief...

*Senior Royal sources weren’t there, so they shouldn’t be dismissing this “summit” between C, W, H and Kate, which I believe did happen.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...date-whwjv5g32[/QUOTE]

If anyone can post an archive of this, I’d appreciate it! This is behind a paywall. Thanks so much!
Old 04-25-2021, 07:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Meghan nor Harry “cooperated” with Omid. What they did was didn’t block anyone from speaking to him. That was in the lawsuit. Omid himself has confirmed more than once he had never spoken to them in that way. He is not their friend. He does not know them. In fact plenty of details in his book was wrong. He is no different than the other correspondents who go to people familiar with royals and write book. The only difference is he doesn’t attack the Sussexes which apparently is a sin. But make no mistake is it just the other side of the same coin.

Harry and Meghan did their interview. People have various opinions on it but that’s over. We haven’t heard anything else. They said their piece and kept it moving and I’m glad.

Looking forward to hearing more news of their work instead of this constant fixation of imaginary scenarios and merry go round conversations.
That sounds like a cooperation to me.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Meghan nor Harry “cooperated” with Omid. What they did was didn’t block anyone from speaking to him. That was in the lawsuit. Omid himself has confirmed more than once he had never spoken to them in that way.
She didn't just decline to order her friends not to speak with him. She specifically instructed at least one friend to tell him certain things so that he would print her version of events. She also declined to say whether she'd authorized members of her press team to cooperate. Her doing the same thing again is very much "news of their work," even if it's not work that most people like.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...thors-finding/

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/nABH23

https://pagesix.com/2020/11/18/megha...eedom-authors/

Yes, she technically never spoke to him. And Diana technically never spoke to the journalist to whom she passed tapes of herself saying things she wanted printed. IIRC, it's not clear whether Harry was involved at all, or whether he even knew it was happening. One would hope she'd run something like that past him before doing it, but one never knows. I don't know how much benefit of the doubt his family gave him for that the first time around, but he's not going to get any the second time.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I would like to hear more of their work but that isn't what we are hearing.
Secondly how do you know details in the book were wrong and if they were why did Meghan not correct them or sue the authors.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I said in an earlier post that all this makes Meghan and Harry childish and non professional, I also wonder how potential business associates will perceive a couple that will reveal private conversations for publicity and pay back.
This is an excellent point! If I were an executive with Netflix or Spotify I would be leery of having private negotiations become public. Wow, for two people who want “privacy” this is really something to update a book like this. But I’ve always felt that it wasn’t privacy they really want but the ability to control their own narrative.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I read the actual court documents. I don’t need summaries, but thanks. I’ll stick to what I said. She was approached by a friend who has been contacted for opinion on her dad. She didn’t block it. And frankly since the letter was already in the public domain, why would she really care other than sue the publication? Which she did — and won.

Quote:
I would like to hear more of their work but that isn't what we are hearing.
Secondly how do you know details in the book were wrong and if they were why did Meghan not correct them or sue the authors.
Well for one in the court documents the book was referenced quite a bit and was stated as having inaccurate information. Also just things in general coming out over time. Heck even in his book he stated “no one cried.”

Meghan and Harry have only sued over the letter and over Archie. That’s it. Not sure why people constantly ask “why don’t they sue?” When have they over an article or a book (and there are plenty out!) or a rumor? They haven’t. But they will over their son and rightfully so.

Anyways I have no interest in going into this never ending debate. No opinion will change. My point was this book update ain’t new. It was expected. They likely were working on the moment they officially walked away since it all happened after they wrote it and so much had happened since.

Us posting on these forums talking about it nonstop is not Harry and Meghan. They haven’t said anything in weeks and before the interview... not at all. They very likely will go back to that stance despite our fixation.

And I doubt Netflix or Spotify are worried since, unlike us, they understand the ways the media works and actually talk to the Sussexes.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What will happen in July for the unveiling of the statue.
The book won’t be out by then, but if a William and the BRF know about it, i think they’ll be furious. That said, William is not going to make a stink at the ceremony honoring his mother
Old 04-25-2021, 09:06 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I read the actual court documents. I don’t need summaries, but thanks. I’ll stick to what I said. She was approached by a friend who has been contacted for opinion on her dad. She didn’t block it. And frankly since the letter was already in the public domain, why would she really care other than sue the publication? Which she did — and won.

Well for one in the court documents the book was referenced quite a bit and was stated as having inaccurate information. Also just things in general coming out over time. Heck even in his book he stated “no one cried.”

Meghan and Harry have only sued over the letter and over Archie. That’s it. Not sure why people constantly ask “why don’t they sue?” When have they over an article or a book (and there are plenty out!) or a rumor? They haven’t. But they will over their son and rightfully so.

Anyways I have no interest in going into this never ending debate. No opinion will change. My point was this book update ain’t new. It was expected. They likely were working on the moment they officially walked away since it all happened after they wrote it and so much had happened since.

Us posting on these forums talking about it nonstop is not Harry and Meghan. They haven’t said anything in weeks and before the interview... not at all. They very likely will go back to that stance despite our fixation.

And I doubt Netflix or Spotify are worried since, unlike us, they understand the ways the media works and actually talk to the Sussexes.
How could you say they didn't cooperate with him? It's so obvious that they did it. It's the same thing Diana did with Andrew Morton. He's still their source on royal family. I'm not shaming them. Actuall, i respect their game. They're excellent at making money off of a family and instution they pretend to hate. And i agree with you they won't have any problems making money. He's a prince and she's married to him. The Queen is the most famous women in the world. There always will be an interest and they will be succesful. I just hope Harry knows he's destroying her grandmother's lifetime of service. But i guess it's not important to him when they are making millions.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think they'll be able to drag things out quite a bit.. Look how many years certain people have traded on a connection with a certain royal.. Tehy will spin new stories, refer to things that happened years ago etc etc. truth is that a lot of those who watch these shows aren't very critical minded and wont notice discrepancies.. Eventually yes I think interest will run out, but it may take a few years.
I dont know what they'll do when the interest in "interviwing H and Meghan " does run out with the American public but we'll see.....
So to some extent they ultimately will be doing what Ken Warfe, Paul Burrell etc..do with their books about Diana and subsequent interviews. Repeat the same stories to make more money. How very sad to see that what began with such hope and promise has become in less than three years.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
If Meghan (and maybe Harry) hadn't cooperated with Omid in writing FF, him updating it wouldn't be terribly noteworthy, because he'd just be doing it of his own accord. But it came out in her lawsuit that she did cooperate with him, despite both Meghan and Omid having denied it previously. I think it's fair to assume that she'll cooperate with the update as well. Even if she doesn't, no one with an ounce of sense - namely, Harry's family - will believe them when they deny it.

Do they have any kind of long-term plan here? I don't think they held much back in the Oprah interview, and repeating the same allegations over and over and over isn't going to continue to generate the same level of media interest if they're still doing it years from now. If they name the person who made the supposedly-racist comment or produce the email "receipts," that might get them a bit of interest, but it will be a one-off. They've said what they have to say about their time with the royals, and at the rate they're going, they're not going to have any more time with the royals to write about. "My brother said 'Good morning' right before we unveiled the statue" isn't going to sell newspapers. Neither is "I flew in the night before my grandmother's funeral, stayed at a hotel, left immediately after the ceremony, and didn't speak to anyone." That's all it's going to be, and that's sad.
There’s going to very likely be details that many people are going to want to read - and I DO think this will be hugely publicized, especially after the interview. Maybe they won’t continue to update, or if they do, maybe no one will care so much because after a THIS update, the BRF isn’t give them the time of say. However THIS update is going to kick up a storm - so, I have to strongly disagree that is isn’t going to be a big deal. I expect more details about the racism accusation, certainly about how the big, bad BRF refused her help when she was suicidal and, lastly, details of the funeral and any talks H had with his father, brother and sister-in-law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I'm actually very surprised that Omid Scobie and Caroline Durand decided to go down that route.

Is Omid Scobie that naive or just out of touch to not realise that Finding Freedom made Harry & Meghan look bad? Or completely oblivious that the Oprah interview deteriorated the Sussex's popularity in Britain? Or is he gravitating towards US audience (more specifically Celebrity & Hollywood) rather the UK?

To suggest that the new chapters of Finding Freedom would open up cans of worms is an understatement. In my honest opinion, this new addition will make Harry & Meghan appear more resentful (or even childish and self-centred), who continues to hold grudges and disparage The Royal Family (accusing them of toxic, male, frail, pale and stale). It certainly is not doing the Sussexes any favour if they actually want to move on from their past, not just as working royals, but also their mistakes and low-point.
Omid wants attention and he wants money, both of which he’ll get and make. Plenty of people in the UK - see polls - believed H and M or took them seriously, so it’s not just playing to American readers. Charles will very likely be the one most damaged ...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
So to some extent they ultimately will be doing what Ken Warfe, Paul Burrell etc..do with their books about Diana and subsequent interviews. Repeat the same stories to make more money. How very sad to see that what began with such hope and promise has become in less than three years.
I’m not concerned beyond this updating....which is hugely concerning to me. After this one, after using Philip’s funeral to reveal private affairs, after further throwing Charles, etc.. (but especially Charles) under the bus, there won’t be any real BRF- related updates to be bad as I think that may be the final straw. However, I don’t care about how sad and pathetic H and M will be after that - I’ll always remain livid because they are going to personally and “professionally” damage the BRF and the family; it’s unforgivable.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:19 AM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biset View Post
That sounds like a cooperation to me.

It does to me too.

You don’t have to talk to someone directly to cooperate.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Well perhaps I'm wrong but that's what it looks like. Of course they have their philanthropic stuff as well to talk about, and use to attract notice. But I think that will ONLY draw attention to them as long as they have the royal connection that they can talk about, whether favorable or critical. (As far as I recall, they hardly mentioned their charity work during hte Oprah interview so its kind of hard to see it as a big focus of their lives?)

I am a rather naïve person about money in that it seemed to me that they would have a hard time making money, in a depressed economy, but perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I underestimate how much media exposure can give you ways of making your fortune. In that if they appear on TV and social media and talk up their royal connection, it will keep up some kind of money making.. they'll get "jobs" as "the face of X" which will keep the money flowing in for at least some years. (Having said that, it does come across that Harry wasn't all that sure about working, that he "only" did the Netfllix deal when they were driven to it by money problems. I kind of feel this is naivety on H's part, that he doesn't realize that people don't just give you money because you are a prince.. and certainly not if you move to the US. And that he doesn't quite realise that he had to take some kind of positive action to get the money comng in....)
Old 04-25-2021, 09:35 AM
Majesty

Omid Scobie comments on the Times claims of a new edition of Finding Freedom.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scobie?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Old 04-25-2021, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Well perhaps I'm wrong but that's what it looks like. Of course they have their philanthropic stuff as well to talk about, and use to attract notice. But I think that will ONLY draw attention to them as long as they have the royal connection that they can talk about, whether favorable or critical. I am a rather naïve person about money in that it seemed to me that they would have a hard time making money, in a depressed economy, but perhaps Im wrong. Perhaps I underestimate how much media exposure can give you ways of making your fortune. In that if they appear on TV and social media and talk up their royal connextion it will keep up some kind of money making.. they'll get "jobs" as "the face of X" which will keep the money flowing in for at least some years.

No sadly I believe that this is what they will need to do to keep their income at the level they require.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

That tweet doesn’t do anything for me. If there is to be no update, say that directly. Speak to exactly what is inaccurate. Nah, I wouldn’t have believed him anyway, lol
Old 04-25-2021, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
No sadly I believe that this is what they will need to do to keep their income at the level they require.
well its not what you expect of a prince, but then Harry has abandoned "being a Prince" and has chosen instead to earn his living...I think it is rather sad too, in that they DID have enough money to live on, (apart from the problems of paying for security abroad).. and if they had reined in their expenses, they could have probably managed to live on the money that he and Meg already had, as private people, perhaps doing some hands on voluntary work. I think that would have done a lot more good in the world than all these "deals", and would have been more satisfying for them..

Closed Thread