The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish people would let him live and let the BRF fight out their wars amongst each others.

If Harry wanted to "fight out his wars" with his relatives without any public comment, presumably he would refrain from discussing them on prime time TV. Apart from the TV companies and presenters getting a ratings boost from his whingeing, I'm sure everyone wishes he would!

Last edited:
If Harry wants to "fight out his wars" with his relatives without any public comment, perhaps he should refrain from discussing them on prime time TV.
Very true
Well for one thing the RF are meant to be a symbol of the country and a unifying force. They are not SUPPOSED to be fighting wars. Of course they will have their disagreements at times but these should be kept private. Surely that's obvious?
Harry is doing his best to make his family look bad, to fight with them publicly and abuse them. So he can hardly complain if the public are making comments on this "war" that he's fighting.. that's what he wants them to do presumalby....

Harry knows exactly what life is when you lost your feet or legs. You cannot claim he lived in rainbow land all his time and fights now for more candy. Please, take him seriously! We all probably think we would have done a better job being a prince (well, maybe besides me and Meghan) and being Charles' son but that's just imaginary thoughts, while Harry talks about what had happened to him when he actually lived this life.

How does he know exactly what its like? He hasn't lost his feet or legs...

He claims that his life iwth the RF was miserable, yet now that he's escaped that life, what is he doing but dragging it into the public domain.... and talking about it

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish people would let him live and let the BRF fight out their wars amongst each others. And from what I remember having heard back then in 2019/20, the courtiers and the senior members of the RF were not overly willing to listen to Harry's woes. That is understandible as well, but they should have listened, they should have accepted Meghan and they should have solved their problems behing closed doors. But that didn't happen and so the whole world can now discuss it!

I think the reality is that the world is actually not paying much attention to Harry. I think that the majority of the US population probably never realized that Harry gave a podcast let alone tune it to listen to it. The Oprah interview was probably viewed more as it was on a major network during prime time on a Sunday night and even then, the majority of people had better things to do.

Harry, though, is inviting as many people he can to listen to his problems and woes and I honestly think he believes he's promoting mental health. It's amateurish at best. It's not doing him any favors defining his character.

I wish they had resolved all their personal matters behind closed doors within the family and within the institution. I'm not doubting that things didn't go wrong on both sides but from Harry's words, they're still unresolved in his mind and moving thousands of miles away didn't become the "cure all". I don't know what it's going to take to make Harry a happy, balanced man comfortable in his own skin but I do know the way he's going about things now is not the way to get it.

He surely did not see only poor people. At least the Palace's and the goverment's PR machinery would have stopped that as the pics could be negatively used in the media against the BRF (which at conservative ones are trying to protect). And I'm sure within Charles' circle were enough free-minded entrepreneurs, explorers and people freed through religion and philosophy that he indeed saw enough "free" people. So I give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he saw enough what freedom could give you, what fate and duty could make of you. Think of his comrades on the frontline. As Harry didn't really talk about his family back then (we would have heard of that!) he had to listen in conversations forced by the experience of utmost violence his comrades were a part of. It's not only a "theme" in anti-war movies, it actually happens that former strangers open their hearts to each other and tell their stories to their comrades. If only not to get broken. So I believe he knows better what he is talking about than a lot of the media commentators.

I just wish people would let him live and let the BRF fight out their wars amongst each others. And from what I remember having heard back then in 2019/20, the courtiers and the senior members of the RF were not overly willing to listen to Harry's woes. That is understandible as well, but they should have listened, they should have accepted Meghan and they should have solved their problems behing closed doors. But that didn't happen and so the whole world can now discuss it!

Huh? Harry is the one "fighting the wars" at the moment (along with Meghan). The rest of the family are getting on with their duties and mourning their patriarch in peace. They are the ones who specifically said that they want to sort out family issues privately and haven't issued an official statement since the "recollections may vary" one in March. Nor have they done a podcast about the various ways Harry has hurt them or the times he hasn't been an angel.

He (and Meghan) and the ones who want to cast his family as basically evil whilst complaining about the negative press that they get themselves.

Harry specifically mentioned meeting people that were worse off than him around the Commonwealth and how that and the Army showed him the real world but then also said he resented having to grin and bear meeting those people because they were actually freer than him. If he had actually listened to what they and for example a working class squaddie's prospects were then he might not be coming across so clueless now.

He appeared to have no concept of the idea that most people who aren't rich or famous can't just quit the job(s) they hate and feel trapped in because they have no hope of getting a better one and would be out on the streets. He has the ability (money) to do anything he wants to do now but seems to A) focus on complaining about his previous life and B) trying to do exactly what they did in their previous lives but get paid a lot more money.

I for one would never want to be a member of the BRF and can understand it must be frustrating and strange at times to put it mildly but OTOH nothing they've done since leaving convinces me they're happy or on track to a better life for themselves.

Harry reminds me of the phrase "wherever you go, you bring yourself with you" .

The Me You Can't See comes out Friday. So this will be very fascinating.

I don't see Harry and Meghan fighting anything.

I am sure that ‘The Me You Can’t See’ will indeed be thought provoking and interesting. Above all, I hope also that it will help some viewers who are nervous about approaching medical professionals about the mental health take that first important step.

The Me You Can't See comes out Friday. So this will be very fascinating.

I don't see Harry and Meghan fighting anything.

Harry has now twice gone on TV/internet, making complaints about his family, accusing them of racism, heartless behaviour, neglect and so on.

"The Me You Can't See"

That title is so funny now that we can see who Harry truly is:

A hypocrite manchild (I want financial independence but I still need to be bankrolled by my father) hell-bent on rewriting his past by lying (I've never ride a bike with my father, etc.) and throwing his whole family under the bus (refusing to name the one who made the racist comment so people think that the whole family is racist) whose positive image was simply a product of ELF and the palace PR.

The only thing I can say with certainty regarding this upcoming program is that people will talk about it.

I don’t think Friday is the greatest day to air it though- if you want a maximum audience.

I am sure that ‘The Me You Can’t See’ will indeed be thought provoking and interesting. Above all, I hope also that it will help some viewers who are nervous about approaching medical professionals about the mental health take that first important step.

The first step towards mental health is realizing you have a problem. Seeking help has to become something that a person actually wants in order for it to ever work. Harry going on podcasts and interviews isn't going to "inspire" anybody when everything that comes out of his mouth is a negative and pointing fingers at "out there" and proclaiming "they did this to me". I've yet to see any indication where Harry has found himself in a good space.

I honestly believe that people, like me, that have been there, done that and wear the t-shirt proudly can see that Harry has a very long way to go before he's anywhere near being capable of promoting mental health to other people. He's like Stevie Wonder teaching a driving school. He's on the right path, don't get me wrong, but he's nowhere near being an inspiring figure for someone that does have serious problems.

On the other hand, there are things that Harry is relating that I think everybody can identify with. We've all had our share of problems with family. We've all had our share of problems in the work place. We've all had our share of being in a deep, dark hole where it seems like there's no way out. I do believe that Harry's sincere in what he believes happened to him. We can't dispute that because we're not him. The thing is that it's not Harry's family that is the problem. It's not Harry's old royal role that was the problem. It wasn't the institution of the monarchy that was imprisoning him. The problem is Harry's perception of things. He's realized that he's needed to make changes in his life. That's the biggie but that's only the start.

He's like the alcoholic that has started in recovery and has been sober for a month. Alcohol was the problem and the causation of all his problems and woes. Alcohol is the evil, nasty antagonist and as long as he doesn't drink, he's "recovered". Wrong! Alcohol is actually just the symptom of the problems in the alcoholic's life. Recovery or mental health therapy is learning the whys and the wherefores of how alcohol/drugs/issues have affected one's life and relationships and learning to make the changes in one's life so that one becomes a balanced person in the world around him.

Maybe, just maybe the Serenity Prayer is something we all should wish for Harry right now. The serenity to accept the things he cannot change, courage to change the things he can and the wisdom to know the difference. There's a lot of wisdom packed into that sentence.

ELF was involved first with Harry in the Burnaby Blue Foundation (charitable foundation). At that time he was working as an associate at a financial communications firm. He’d previously met Harry when they were both in the Household Cavalry on military duties. He didn’t have anything to do with getting Harry to work with Burnaby Blue.

Nor was ELF around when Harry co-founded Sentabale in Lesotho with Prince Seiso in 2006. He didn’t work at KP as an aide/Private Secretary to Harry until 2012, resigning in 2018 to go on to other work. Harry had plenty of charitable instincts without relying on ELF or anyone else at the Palace.

Indeed, he and William began what was to become today’s Royal Foundation in their early twenties in order to channel donations into charities that vitally interested both of them.

Last edited:
I'm not shocked. This is a man who has thrown hissy fits because of comments people said on social media that he didn't like. This is a man who, with Meghan, froze out the British media in favor of the young-ish, woke-ish media who fawn over him. Harry's right, he has no conception of what genuinely free speech means.

On another note, I saw this recently:

If this goes down, then all the focus and attention will be on his Hollywood friends and not on the veterans..

He's really incredibly judgmental about choices other people make....he's rather self-centered.

Someone reminded me of a comment Katherine McPhee made awhile back about how her husband is a father figure to Harry........It means a lot more now than it did then.

It seems to me that Harry is good at pretending. If he's as angry at his father as he sounds, with the comments he's made about how Charles has treated him all these years, then he sure as heck put on a good act since he was a kid. There have been reports of strained relations between them, like with Charles and William, but really nothing overly serious....and for the most part, Harry sure hid his anger well. If he could do all that, if he could sound loving when he spoke about his pa, than he could do the same when he went out on his engagements.

Brilliant!

Also.....does Harry remember that he, as an adult, chose to dress up as a NAZI for Halloween? I don't think he's ever expressed sufficient contrition for that - and yes, I'm Jewish, but I'd feel that way regardless. Do people throw that in his face constantly? No, it's kind of been forgotten about because he was so well-loved, but it still happened. What about the mental health of all those who have lost family members in the Holocaust? I thought he said he was going to speak about this.......still hasn't done it, probably won't.

Harry was stupid and clueless wearing that outfit and ignorant. He did apologize and I do believe he was sincere about it. He is not a "Nazi" by any stretch of the imagination. And Lacey in his book, pointed out that William was with Harry when he selected that costume. William could have blocked the passageway to the checkout line to stop Harry. If I were his sibling I would not have hesitated to do that. The theme of the party selected by William was about colonial Africa which was not exactly politically correct. Just saying.

Last edited:
As far as I could see the trailer did not show any new video scenes of the RF,
but stuff which is widely known for decades.
Though opinions may differ, anybody here who knows the tradition to follow the coffin of a loved one?
I do not want to judge but always thought if Prince Philip really was the one who suggested he only wanted to follow tradition and he himself did this at funerals at very young age, so nothing new or revolutionary. I am sure if Harry expressed his feelings afterwards the RF would have been sensitive about the matter though surely too young to say 'no' when being asked to do it.
Did William ever say something about this?
Txs.

william did talk about it as being traumatic and he as he said hid under his "fringe" of hair as he put it.

From a 2017 DM headline:

"I used my fringe as a safety blanket': Prince William reveals he 'hid from thousands of mourners behind his hair' as he walked behind the coffin at Diana's funeral"

ok, did not know this, txs.
I hope Harry is only going to talk about his experience but fear he will make use of his brothers' too.
We will hear about it.

How does he know exactly what its like? He hasn't lost his feet or legs...

The people who volounteer to help invalids have a pretty good idea how it is. Harry "walked with the wounded" to the North Pole, helping the invalid veterans to succeed. And you do think he has no idea how it is with such a wound?

Harry did Walks With The Wounded for charity to both the North and South Poles in different years, so I believe he knows very well how amputees feel and empathises with them.

Harry was stupid and clueless wearing that outfit and ignorant. He did apologize and I do believe he was sincere about it. He is not a "Nazi" by any stretch of the imagination. And Lacey in his book, pointed out that William was with Harry when he selected that costume. William could have blocked the passageway to the checkout line to stop Harry. If I were his sibling I would not have hesitated to do that. The theme of the party selected by William was about colonial Africa which was not exactly politically correct. Just saying.

Prince Harry didn't wear the costume to Prince William's birthday as the event took place in January 2005. (William's birthday is in June.)The birthday party was for Harry Meade. As for Prince Harry's costume choice I believe it was in very poor taste however he did apologize. Unfortunately the timing was very poor as it was near the anniversary commemorating the liberation of Auschwitz.

According to the Sun, the photograph was taken a week ago when Prince Harry, 20, attended a birthday party in Wiltshire for his friend Harry Meades.
His older brother, Prince William, is also thought to have been present, although he opted for a homemade lion and leopard outfit more in keeping with the party's "native and colonial" theme.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2005/jan/13/royalsandthemedia.pressandpublishing

Last edited:
However, it was also an "African" theme. William wore a Lion King outfit.

:previous: Yes that is true that Harry Meade chose to have a party with the theme of Africa. I'm just sorry that the then twenty year old Prince Harry decided to wear that particular costume. He was an adult and he's ultimately the one responsible for the decision to wear it including the swastika arm band. However he has apologized and hopefully learned from the experience. As for Prince William his 21st birthday party theme was "Out of Africa" and it was selected for his love of the continent and his gap year experiences there.

BBC NEWS | UK | Partying prince turns Windsor wild

Last edited:
The people who volounteer to help invalids have a pretty good idea how it is. Harry "walked with the wounded" to the North Pole, helping the invalid veterans to succeed. And you do think he has no idea how it is with such a wound?

There is absolutely no question in my mind that the work Harry has done over the years in regards to supporting and establishing support systems for those that serve in the military and have suffered life changing wounds both physically and mentally has been from the heart and sincere and he's quite passionate about it. This is where he shines. The same with Sentebale. I remember Harry with Daphne Dunne in Australia and there was absolutely nothing phony or "game faced" about that either.

I think my metaphor was taken literally rather than metaphorically. What it was meant to show that sometimes, in life, we rue what we've been handed as something dire, nasty and just not what we pictured life as being. Such as living as a low income person and not being able to afford some of the "wants" in life. Then something happens and you find yourself in an even more dire, nasty situation where what you had before seems like a blessing and you didn't appreciate what you *did* have and only focused on what you didn't have.

There is so much about Harry and his life that has shone through and has made a huge positive effect on the world around him but he's not seeing that right now nor is he focusing on making even more positive changes in the world around him. Right now the focus on Harry is that its being shown how miserable he is, how badly he's been treated and of course, how big, bad and horrible the BRF actually is behind the curtains. Drama sells. It's huge in the entertainment world. It garners the headlines. Marketing pain for gain has been around for a very long time.

Prince William's birthday party got overshadowed by the "comedy terrorist" gatecrashing.

The Nazi outfit wasn't the only time Harry has been accused of racism or being completely out of touch (such as comparing being a helicopter pilot in a warzone to playing a video game) or flat out badly behaved but in the podcast he blamed his behaviour on his trauma and didn't really take responsibility for it.

Is it given Harry will be chosen Counsellor of State when Charles becomes King?
Makes no sense after Harry's left and his behaviour towards the crown.
Does it need an act from parliament to exclude him or how does this work?
Txs if some british likes to explain.

sorry, tried to cancel the post and asked my question in a more suitable thread, but it does not seem to have worked

Last edited:
There is no appetite from anyone in the Palace to pressure the Sussexes to not use their titles or for them to lose them, according to the Evening Standard. Apparently aides have been hosing down claims that appeared in a particular tabloid on Sunday. (The one Meghan has successfully sued.)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1621252132-2

The only place calling for the Sussexes to lose their titles and styles is in the court of public opinion and 99.5% of that court has no clue what it takes to strip ducal titles to begin with. It's not ever going to happen.

There is no appetite from anyone in the Palace to pressure the Sussexes to not use their titles or for them to lose them, according to the Evening Standard. Apparently aides have been hosing down claims that appeared in a particular tabloid on Sunday. (The one Meghan has successfully sued.)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1621252132-2

I just don't understand why they want to keep using them, if Harry says what he means about RF the he being hypocritical, he should not be able to have both ways, keep the titles and say that living in RF is akin to being in a Truman show

Last edited:
Is it given Harry will be chosen Counsellor of State when Charles becomes King?
Makes no sense after Harry's left and his behaviour towards the crown.
Does it need an act from parliament to exclude him or how does this work?
Txs if some british likes to explain.

sorry, tried to cancel the post and asked my question in a more suitable thread, but it does not seem to have worked

Moved my response to the same question in a more appropriate thread.

Last edited:
I have no idea if the DM had any legitimate royal aides quoted for that story - just the day before they had a story about how Charles wanted them to come back and be HIHO, I think it actually suits the BRF for them to keep using them as often as possible.

There's always the question "if you hate "The Institution" so much and find everything about Harry's family toxic and fled to California to raise Archie differently then you do you insist on using them at every turn and why were you so upset at the thought of Archie not being a Prince?"

Because he was born with it isn't really a good enough reason for them to keep using if their main goal is to trash them at every turn. They use the titles publicly more than any other non working royals.

I have no idea if the DM had any legitimate royal aides quoted for that story - just the day before they had a story about how Charles wanted them to come back and be HIHO, I think it actually suits the BRF for them to keep using them as often as possible.

There's always the question "if you hate "The Institution" so much and find everything about Harry's family toxic and fled to California to raise Archie differently then you do you insist on using them at every turn and why were you so upset at the thought of Archie not being a Prince?"

Because he was born with it isn't really a good enough reason for them to keep using if their main goal is to trash them at every turn. They use the titles publicly more than any other non working royals.

I agree, that's what the royal aides said, "the royal aides want them to give up the titles or explain why not"

I just don't understand why they want to keep using them, if Harry says what he means about RF the he being hypocritical, he should not be able to have both ways, keep the titles and say that living in RF is akin to being in a Truman show

It is not a profession, "Duke of Sussex", is hereditary peerage which extends to his son, to Archie's son, etc. In generations to come it will "just" be one of the Dukes in the peerage of the United Kingdom.

Note that Earls, Marquesses, Barons have been convicted for fraud, murder, drugs abuse, corruption, drunk driving, tax evasion, illegal hunting but it seldom led to a repeal of the Letters Patent. After all, Archie and Archie's future heir, would be equally hit by repealing the Letters Patent and all this while Harry has not committed one crime or something...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom