The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Is it worse to be away from his mother than from his father? I don't think they'll bring him (and if so, only if Meghan also joins); but as long as Archie is with one of his parents, I don't see the problem. They've left him with neither of them for over a week last year, so if they are comfortable enough to do that, they should be comfortable enough to let him be with his father for a similar period.

And why would his nanny need to come to? Plenty of people manage life, including emergency travel, without a nanny.
Not royals they don't and presumably he would need care for the service as young children are unlikely to go.

Harry has never been left with him. Which probably.says more about his mothers view of child care. He was left with friends whole they traveled abroad together but he is not yet two and would have to be put in quarantine and then not really be able to see any of the family anyway. It makes no sense.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
I don't think that would reflect badly on them. You're right that Harry's and Meghan's behavior has been comparable, so if it were just about that, they should be equally annoyed with both. But it isn't just about that. Harry is their close relative whom they've always loved, and with whom they've had a lifetime of good memories and experiences that help to balance out the bad. Meghan is someone they've known for just a few years, only really spent time with for a year or so, and it sounds like most of that time wasn't a good experience for anyone involved. Of course they're going to be more forgiving of Harry than of Meghan, because he's their child/grandchild/sibling and Meghan is just the person he married. I think that's pretty normal.
I agree. I honestly doubt that either of them are at the top of the favorites lists right now but I can certainly see how and why they’d be willing to be more forgiving or more willing to go easy on Harry. And I don’t think it’s a stretch or putting words in anyone’s mouth to deduce that there’s a whole lot of tension and friction between those two and the family right now, particularly when they themselves told us so and then had their mouthpieces tell us again for good measure.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
This is an excellent point. I’d certainly hope they could manage a few days without a nanny if they’re really as hands on as they’d like us to believe. On top of that I’m positive that he could stay with the other small children in the family during the service. Frankly, I don’t really think Harry will bring him for a variety of reasons. But, I do wonder if there’s not a bit of guilt or “wish we had” around allowing Philip to see him that he won’t wish to repeat with HM. And given that she’s 95 in a few days and the fact that often long time couples go within a short period of time, he may decide that he needs to bring him. Again, I don’t really think he will but I can certainly see why he would.
Only if its outside. He could. The rules are very strict. And he doesn't k ow any of them.

Well given he has fulltime care why would he travel without his nanny. Royals have nannies and they go everywhere with them. It isn't bad parenting it is just reflective of their lives.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Not royals they don't and presumably he would need care for the service as young children are unlikely to go.

Harry has never been left with him. Which probably.says more about his mothers view of child care. He was left with friends whole they traveled abroad together but he is not yet two and would have to be put in quarantine and then not really be able to see any of the family anyway. It makes no sense.
We are talking about an emergency situation during Covid. The royals have shown to be able to adapt, so I don't see a reason why Harry couldn't too. However, bringing the nanny could also be an option if they would choose to - and have a place where she can quarantine with them. I would think that Harry would rather spend his quarantine period just with his son than with the nanny around - but even that could probably be arranged.

Again, I agree, that it wouldn't make much sense - especially if he would only come for a little over a week, so only a few days (after quarantine) - but if they would decide to stay for a week or two (so one more week after the funeral); why not? It would be a good opportunity for the family to get to know Archie somewhat whom they last saw in real life when he was only 6 months (or younger). He is as much Harry's son as he is Meghan's.

But of course, things would be much easier if (the relationship wasn't strained and) there weren't Covid-regulations to deal with, so he could play as much as he wanted with his cousins. In many countries that would be ok - but if I understand it correctly, that is not the case in Britain?!
Old 04-09-2021, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
They repeated the family statement.
Yes..but they said something. Harry & Meghan obviously couldn't repeat the family statement so they said what they could.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Yes..but they said something. Harry & Meghan obviously couldn't repeat the family statement so they said what they could.
Why couldn't they. They could put a link to it.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don’t expect Meghan or Archie to come...maybe Harry can bring Archie at another time, but he’s grief-stricken and no doubt wants to spend time with his family....(and they have a lot to talk about). I just think it might be better for H to come alone
Old 04-09-2021, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I don’t expect Meghan or Archie to come...maybe Harry can bring Archie at another time, but he’s grief-stricken and no doubt wants to spend time with his family....(and they have a lot to talk about). I just think it might be better for H to come alone
I really am not sure what the rule is actually within the ceremony at the moment. Whether you are allowed to sit together with masks on. It certainly is a bit of a confusing one.

They could however have some sort of meeting outside. Again I dont know how big that group.can be.

It is a minefield and the royals will have to do everything by the book.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is 8.15 am Saturday as I post this, and our news shows the media are camped outside Prince Harry's home in Montecito hoping to catch Harry leaving for the UK.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
It is 8.15 am Saturday as I post this, and our news shows the media are camped outside Prince Harry's home in Montecito hoping to catch Harry leaving for the UK.
How do they know he hasn't already left?
Old 04-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Majesty

To be honest it was a plain statement on why the website has gone dark. It isn't a personal opinion but a formal notice, so I fail to understand the overt and poorly disguised sniping.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Awful...don’t these people have loved ones that they’d be devastated to lose?
Old 04-09-2021, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Awful...don’t these people have loved ones that they’d be devastated to lose?
Is anyone surprised? There are loads in Windsor too. Charles was filmed leaving Highgrove on the way to Windsor.

Meghan and Harry are wide open to these things and given they may be photographed privately I guess they will be if they can.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Majesty

A piece from Royal Central about Harry being able to attend the funeral in spite of having to remain in isolation for several days.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/philip...rounds-158161/

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Harry has already left his home in Montecito. The whole family IMO knew that Prince Philip was in bad health for several weeks before his death and arrangements for Harry’s travel and attendance have probably been made already.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:58 PM
Aristocracy

I would think that if it was clear for weeks that Philip's death was imminent, Harry would have visited sooner rather than waiting for the funeral.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I hope he’s able to attend and chooses to do so… and I hope he brings Archie. Even those who aren’t happy to see Harry will be delighted to see Archie, and I think it would mean a lot to them that Harry brought him. The family has plenty of enormous homes at its disposal that could accommodate either Harry or the Brooksbanks for a week or two. It’s probably just as well if Meghan doesn’t come, for a lot of reasons.

It’s so sad that it came to this, and so unnecessary. I’m sure he feels terrible for not visiting before this.

TBH I don't see Prince Harry traveling to the UK with Archie. A long distance flight with COVID restrictions in place with an under two year old and then the adjustment to a new time zone and environment isn't going to be easy. This is a stressful time for all involved and honestly the little guy would be better off at home IMHO.

IMHO a visit later in 2021 after the baby's been born might be a better option for all involved. Then Archie could have the opportunity to see his extended family and enjoy the experience.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I would think that if it was clear for weeks that Philip's death was imminent, Harry would have visited sooner rather than waiting for the funeral.
Due to covid, other than Prince Charles, there is no indication or report that Prince Philip's other children or grandchildren visited him.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:12 PM
Nobility

There are spikes in COVID in the US. I am not sure it is all that safe to travel now. I don't think it safe for Archie to travel with his parents. I also think that the other small children in the family would not meet in "gatherings" due to COVID.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Due to covid, other than Prince Charles, there is no indication or report that Prince Philip's other children or grandchildren visited him.
Well in fairness two other children as well as three grandchildren live on the same estate as him they could have seen him in person outside. The weather was nice a few weeks back or gone in with masks but this is essentially private and I would not have expected it to come out today. It usually comes out later. The last thing they would have wanted was a national death bed watch.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion concerning the statements released by the Sussexes and various members of the BRF, is going around in circles. Let’s please move on.