The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems Meghan is due sooner rather than later if this is anything to go by. Late spring/early summer baby

maybe not, she might have high blood pressure. There could be a number of medical reasons,

Or it could be simply a convenient excuse. The strain of a funeral is bad enough for many, let alone a pregnant woman. And although I understand the sidestepping around the Oprah interview right now, let's not pretend that it didn't happen. I imagine that after Meghan's accusations and the "unproductive" conversations that followed, neither party might be eager to see the other right now.

Let's hope there's nothing wrong with Meghan's pregnancy and she's just being cautious. For all the good wishes of "mending the rift", "healing the wounds", etc., I don't believe it's going to happen and I believe that a reunion so soon, for such a grave occasion and under the sharp eyes of cameras is bound to be tense. A good deal of the coverage won't be on the funeral but on any tiny hint displayed of mending the relationship or worsening it anyway. With Meghan there, it would have been a thousand time worse. My guess is that everyone understands it and the doctors' advise might be actually nonexistent.

I remember how uncomfortable Zara looked at the Sussex wedding when she was heavily pregnant. Adding travel for Meghan, her being an older mother to be, and risk of COVID and it seems the right decision.

Or it could be simply a convenient excuse. The strain of a funeral is bad enough for many, let alone a pregnant woman. And although I understand the sidestepping around the Oprah interview right now, let's not pretend that it didn't happen. I imagine that after Meghan's accusations and the "unproductive" conversations that followed, neither party might be eager to see the other right now.

Let's hope there's nothing wrong with Meghan's pregnancy and she's just being cautious. For all the good wishes of "mending the rift", "healing the wounds", etc., I don't believe it's going to happen and I believe that a reunion so soon, for such a grave occasion and under the sharp eyes of cameras is bound to be tense. A good deal of the coverage won't be on the funeral but on any tiny hint displayed of mending the relationship or worsening it anyway. With Meghan there, it would have been a thousand time worse. My guess is that everyone understands it and the doctors' advise might be actually nonexistent.

I think it may be best for everyone. I mean realistically there are maybe a handful of occasions ever for her to appear in public with the family. And certainly.at the moment I think it is best for everyone.

I remember how uncomfortable Zara looked at the Sussex wedding when she was heavily pregnant. Adding travel for Meghan, her being an older mother to be, and risk of COVID and it seems the right decision.

Zara and Meghan as the same age, with Meghan being three months younger.

A pregnancy after a miscarriage is a risk pregnancy. I don't know why you would think the doctor's advice might be nonexistent.

A pregnancy after a miscarriage is a risk pregnancy. I don't know why you would think the doctor's advice might be nonexistent.

Surely that is dependent. Say many people miscarry for no reason.

Zara had two.

Because I ascribe to everyone at least a modicum of goodwill to let the day be about Philip and not every movement of Meghan, Harry, Charles, William, etc. in regards to each other.

ETA: In regards to the risk pregnancy, I highly hope they keep it in mind if various publications, including Meghan's beloved Vanityfair, are right in saying that they're planning a home birth.

Last edited:
Zara and Meghan as the same age, with Meghan being three months younger.

Yes, poor Zara she was uncomfortable, but Zara lived in the same country, so there was no very long plane journey involved to attend the ceremony (which might also mean taking an under-two year old along) and there was no Covid in May 2018, with high deaths totals in the US and UK.

Because I ascribe to everyone at least a modicum of goodwill to let the day be about Philip and not every movement of Meghan, Harry, Charles, William, etc. in regards to each other.

I think, unfortunately, at the moment, if Meghan is there it won't be about anything else.

That will change when the guys and the gals start lusting after George and Charlotte shows fashion promise. Or Louis starts developing into the total dude we know he will be. Or when the next major gossip worthy disaster engulfs a member of the family.

Its just today's story. And Harry will become boring and middle aged like all before him. But for such an important man as Philip I am glad it wont overshadow his day

ETA: In regards to the risk pregnancy, I highly hope they keep it in mind if various publications, including Meghan's beloved Vanityfair, are right in saying that they're planning a home birth.

That is surely for her doctors to advise and if there were any concerns they wouldn't hear of it.

As lovely as the idea of a home birth is. I would be terrified in case something and I needed a doctor quick.

I think, unfortunately, at the moment, if Meghan is there it won't be about anything else.

That will change when the guys and the gals start lusting after George and Charlotte shows fashion promise. Or Louis starts developing into the total dude we know he will be. Or when the next major gossip worthy disaster engulfs a member of the family.

Its just today's story. And Harry will become boring and middle aged like all before him. But for such an important man as Philip I am glad it wont overshadow his day
That's exactly what I meant. It's bad enough that the press is full of speculations about the reunion and what a chance the funeral will be. Err guys and gals... it won't? Does anyone really think that shocked by the loss (which was expected by everyone sometime close), everyone will hug and all will be forgotten on both sides, instead of going through the motions of a very public mourning while, well, mourning? I can't imagine how people can reconcile in their heads a woman who has lost her partner of 73 years with a woman making it all about Harry on this particular day.
Let it be about Prince Philip and his remarkable life as much as it can. Unfortunately, I predict that the frenzy around the reconciliation or lack thereof will turn into a frenzy one of these days. That's what the press makes their money from - drama. And it would have been infinitely more intensified with Meghan around.

This is a funeral and the attention should be on a tribute and celebration of Philip's life. I doubt it will be a big reconciliation moment nor should it be known for that. I don't think Harry wants to "overshadow" anybody unfortunately the media or some in it want "drama." A pity. Had Meghan been able to travel she should go and not be discouraged from going for what the "media" might plan. I think the main interest should be the eulogy and a look at Philip's remarkable life. I doubt it will be time or place for "reconciliation" which should be done PRIVATELY not at a very public event.

Last edited:
At the funeral all those attending are likely to be wearing masks, so the media won’t get any ‘drama’ from facial expressions at least. And Harry will be there, like the rest of his family, to mourn Prince Philip. I don’t believe any of the family will think about overshadowing anyone.

I do believe that Meghan is being very cautious after her miscarriage and is following medical advice.

There were stories of a home birth proliferating in the media prior to Archie’s birth, both in magazines, online and in tabloids. I never took any notice of them because of Meghan’s age and it being her first baby. She herself never said she intended to have a home birth.

I fully expect Meghan to give birth in a nearby hospital in California in early June, (my guess) with Harry by her side, and the appropriate medical assistance available, just as it was for Archie’s arrival.

Last edited:
So it seems Meghan is due sooner rather than later if this is anything to go by. Late spring/early summer baby
Who knows? She is older and may have pregnancy-related conditions such as gestational diabetes or pregnancy induced hypertension that requires close surveillance by her obstetrician and maternal-fetal medicine physician.

I think she will get the very best care and have a hospital birth.

There were stories of a home birth proliferating in the media prior to Archie’s birth, both in magazines, online and in tabloids. I never took any notice of them because of Meghan’s age and it being her first baby. She herself never said she was going to have a home birth.

I fully expect Meghan to give birth in a nearby hospital in California for her next birth, with Harry by her side, and the appropriate medical assistance available, just as it was for Archie’s arrival.

Depending on how the birth of Archie went, they may be more inclined to let her give birth at home if that is what she wanted. First pregnancies are always a bit...who.knows what this body will do. And given Meghan was turfed a few hours after giving birth I have no reason to doubt that the delivery went fine.

Also there were no reported issues like gestational diabetes etc so again...I dont see a problem.

I sincerely believe that we should accept what has been said that Meghan would have liked to attend Philip's funeral but can't because her doctors advise against traveling. Leave it at that. ?

Saturday, April 17th should be and will be all about The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh being remembered and mourned by his family and friends.

I can only assume that any woman who has given birth can think of many reasons why flying late in pregnancy is a bad idea. It’s hard enough to get into the bathrooms on board a plane without a beachball-shaped belly. And you would have to visit that location many times! Even an hour’s car ride can be quite uncomfortable.

I don't disagree at all. I will say, as a geriatric mother who suffered a miscarriage shortly before this pregnancy, I can well believe that a doctor may have advised that she not tackle and international flight, the stress that will no doubt come with a meeting with the family given the circumstances, etc. So while I don't necessarily believe that they used doctor's advice as a convenient excuse, I also don't disagree that it might be for the best, all things considered.

True, and there might also be a negative reaction from the public.
I've heard speculation that Harry might be booed if he shows his face, and can you imagine what would be the response to Meghan??

I cannot imagine a home birth at 39; seems too risky. In the US at least, it is considered a high risk, “geriatric” pregnancy. But of course Zara had her baby on the floor in the bathroom but that wasn’t planned to be at home, was it?

Not sure why people don't believe a doctor wouldn't recommend a woman in her third trimester of a high risk pregnancy not travel over 20 hours on a plane to/from a country that is in lock down with a new variant of the corona virus floating around.

As for homebirth. People said that with Archie. They said a lot of things about that pregnancy which was mostly wrong. No one has a clue except Meghan, Harry, and her doctor. Let's keep it real.

That said I think Meghan is due early June.

In the end I think it is best for all parties that Meghan remains in the US. Harry going solo will also give him some alone time with his family and it is much needed.

Last edited:
I've heard speculation that Harry might be booed if he shows his face, and can you imagine what would be the response to Meghan??

I do not believe that Harry would be booed by any members of the public while back in Britain for his beloved grandfather’s funeral. And for any member of the public who did so it would in my opinion say a great deal more about them than about Harry.

I sincerely believe that we should accept what has been said that Meghan would have liked to attend Philip's funeral but can't because her doctors advise against traveling. Leave it at that. ?

Saturday, April 17th should be and will be all about The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh being remembered and mourned by his family and friends.

That’s how I’m looking at it. I have no desire to get riled up about H and M at this time. Whatever I think of them personally now, I know Harry is grieving...and Meghan is pregnant, coming off of a miscarriage.

Let M stay home and be comfortable while Harry grieves with his family.

Is any part of this ceremony going to be public enough for anyone to boo anyone? Supposing they wanted to, of course, which I don't think anyone would.

We don't know how far along Meghan is, but flying isn't generally advised after seven months, and she's probably past that or close to it. The flight from Los Angeles to London is over 10 hours: it's not like they're just hopping across from Paris or Amsterdam. It just wouldn't be sensible to put her and the baby at risk.

What speculation, heard from where, just the usual key board warrior stuff.
This is about Philip and the queen , Meghan and Harry are a sideshow, please do not make this about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom