The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1461  
Old 04-24-2021, 07:09 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Kopenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 72
Looks as if Archie is going to a nursery, carrying the little rucksack and starting before the sibling is born [...]
__________________

  #1462  
Old 04-24-2021, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
Backtracking a bit to the "closing the lines of communication" discussion, I just had another thought about WreathGate. Is it possible that Meghan sincerely wanted the family to know how much thought she'd put into the wreath, and just didn't see a better way of conveying that information? Because let's be real, if Charles isn't taking Harry's calls, the Queen certainly isn't taking Meghan's. Accepting a brief conversation to convey condolences is one thing; picking up whenever Meghan happens to ring is another. And if I were Harry and was trying to forge some sort of peace with my relatives, "Let me tell you all about Meghan's wreath" isn't what I'd have led with.

I don't think the notion that they 'had' to tell Oprah all about their experiences because they had no other way of communicating about those experiences to Harry's family makes sense for anything discussed in that interview, because all of it was ancient history by the time they talked about it. But the wreath was relevant to their current events, and I can see how Meghan would have wanted them to know what was involved while they still had the chance to see it. Still terrible judgment all around, but I can see it making sense in her head if she couldn't just call them up.
FYI, Charles was taking Harry’s phone calls..it’s just that at a certain point, temporarily, he wasn’t
__________________

  #1463  
Old 04-24-2021, 08:14 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Just more of the same...she’s pushing Harry and Meghan’s truth...
I'm surprised that a woman as shrewd and successful as Oprah would allow herself to get caught up in this mess. Being a journalist/interviewer in the hunt for a good story is one thing ... but, it's obvious that there is alot more to this story than meets the eye.

Stupid on the part of Oprah. JMHO
  #1464  
Old 04-24-2021, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I'm surprised that a woman as shrewd and successful as Oprah would allow herself to get caught up in this mess. Being a journalist/interviewer in the hunt for a good story is one thing ... but, it's obvious that there is alot more to this story than meets the eye.

Stupid on the part of Oprah. JMHO
She’s only interested in one side of the story....
  #1465  
Old 04-24-2021, 08:26 AM
Estel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Somewhere, India
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I'm surprised that a woman as shrewd and successful as Oprah would allow herself to get caught up in this mess. Being a journalist/interviewer in the hunt for a good story is one thing ... but, it's obvious that there is alot more to this story than meets the eye.

Stupid on the part of Oprah. JMHO
Royal Family sells, that's why. It's a great chance to have HRHs sit down with her. Regardless of how USA views an RF as being archaic, they're pretty obsessed with famous families and last names themselves. Oprah just tapped into it. Now she should start being clever about it, and stop talking about it.
  #1466  
Old 04-24-2021, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
She’s only interested in one side of the story....
True ... certainly at the beginning of this mess. However, it has been proven that much of what Meghan is accusing the Royal family of ... was not researched and challenged by someone who is allegedly a serious journalist.

I just don't understand ... you would think that Oprah would have figured out that she should just quietly back away and say nothing.

Stupid. JMHO
  #1467  
Old 04-24-2021, 08:35 AM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 705
Quote:
'I didn't see Harry and Meghan before but I did text them and say intention is very important to me, tell me what your intention is, so that we can be aligned in our goal. And our shared intention was the truth. 'They wanted to be able to tell their story and tell it in such a way that allowed them to be as truthful as possible.'
Does somebody has a count of how many lies were already discovered and explained in that interview? If that was the Sussexes trying to be "as truthful as possible" then I'm really afraid of what they might do next.
  #1468  
Old 04-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
She’s only interested in one side of the story....
But there's no way for her to get the other side of the story. It's not like the RF is going to call her up and say " we're ready to tell you our side".

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
True ... certainly at the beginning of this mess. However, it has been proven that much of what Meghan is accusing the Royal family of ... was not researched and challenged by someone who is allegedly a serious journalist.

I just don't understand ... you would think that Oprah would have figured out that she should just quietly back away and say nothing.

Stupid. JMHO
Oprah is Oprah for a reason. She attended the couple's wedding and has interviewed other royals before. She gets the big interviews...this one was no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
Looks as if Archie is going to a nursery, carrying the little rucksack and starting before the sibling is born would be a clever step to avoid jealousy, which his parents both seem to know well from their own siblings LOL
It looks that way..too bad he was wearing a beanie. It would have been nice to see his hair color.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #1469  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Does somebody has a count of how many lies were already discovered and explained in that interview? If that was the Sussexes trying to be "as truthful as possible" then I'm really afraid of what they might do next.
I remember personally getting up to 15 verifiably false claims and most of the newspapers claimed at least 12 plus. Then there are the ones like the "I talked to HR and they refused to help and let me go to an in treatment place" which are unverifiable but seem completely off the wall and had no follow up like "because HR can't help a royal because they aren't employees and Harry didn't talk to his family and I didn't talk to my OB".

My personal favourite is Harry specifically mentioning taking Archie on the back of his bike which his Dad never did and the press immediately pulling out dozens of photos out of the archive of Charles doing just that. There are plenty of things that he probably didn't do with the boys but it really crystallises "their truth" and "recollections may vary".

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
Backtracking a bit to the "closing the lines of communication" discussion, I just had another thought about WreathGate. Is it possible that Meghan sincerely wanted the family to know how much thought she'd put into the wreath, and just didn't see a better way of conveying that information? Because let's be real, if Charles isn't taking Harry's calls, the Queen certainly isn't taking Meghan's. Accepting a brief conversation to convey condolences is one thing; picking up whenever Meghan happens to ring is another. And if I were Harry and was trying to forge some sort of peace with my relatives, "Let me tell you all about Meghan's wreath" isn't what I'd have led with.
But Scobie has been at pains to assure us that Meghan and Archie were (allegedly) zooming with HM before the funeral. Surely she could have mentioned the thoughtful symbolism of the flowers then? Or included a private handwritten letter of personal condolence to HM that included why she chose those flowers and how very fond she was of Philip. HM knows the language of flowers, her own wreath had a lot of symbolism on it.

And announcing it publicly just as the procession was starting and making sure to include just how thoughtful it was to the world completely takes away from the actual thoughtfulness of it, even if HM didn't immediately understand what the flowers meant. It just makes her and the rest of the family more annoyed at the publicity when everyone else kept their wreaths private. Given that Harry and Meghan shooting their mouths off publicly is part of the problem it was an own goal even if the intent was to communicate with the family and not the entire world.
  #1470  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:10 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Did she kinda give away that they lied?
I am sure that she wants everyone to know she didn't realize there were ANY lies. She is protecting herself in public. Our choice whether we believe or not. Since many of Meghan's statements have been proven false, I believe O is covering her back the only way she can.......Personally I believe she should have stated that she didn't realize there were lies blatantly stated and didn't realize until after the many were proven. Then, and only then, will the public ever believe in O interviews again. Would certainly make her out a better and proper interviewer. Now she looks like a laughing stock enabler. JMO
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #1471  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,203
Do you get Coronation Street in America? Britain's most famous soap opera, been going since 1960. A character recently solemnly told two other characters that they each needed to "tell your truth", and a fourth character overheard and burst out laughing. That's what Harry and Meghan are here now - a laughing stock. And it's a shame, because they had the chance to do a lot of good.
  #1472  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:37 AM
Queen Ester's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Does somebody has a count of how many lies were already discovered and explained in that interview? If that was the Sussexes trying to be "as truthful as possible" then I'm really afraid of what they might do next.
According to Piers Morgan, 17 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gerations.html
  #1473  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:40 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Kopenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It looks that way..too bad he was wearing a beanie. It would have been nice to see his hair color.
Did you not see the beachvideo? He has very dark brown or black hair.
  #1474  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:59 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
I wonder if this picture was taken earlier this spring? The weather in California is in the 60’s and 70’s - a bit warm for hats, sweatshirts and coats.
Here in Southern California, the 60's is considered "cold weather" believe me!

Last weekend it was 90 degrees and we were headed for the beach. This week it has been overcast and in the low 60's. We are bundled up.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1475  
Old 04-24-2021, 10:09 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
Did you not see the beachvideo? He has very dark brown or black hair.
The beach video was done in black and white. If there was any color to hair it would be difficult to tell.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #1476  
Old 04-24-2021, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
...
And announcing it publicly just as the procession was starting and making sure to include just how thoughtful it was to the world completely takes away from the actual thoughtfulness of it, even if HM didn't immediately understand what the flowers meant. It just makes her and the rest of the family more annoyed at the publicity when everyone else kept their wreaths private. Given that Harry and Meghan shooting their mouths off publicly is part of the problem it was an own goal even if the intent was to communicate with the family and not the entire world.
Why is everyone so sure that Meghan called, texted, emailed, wrote to Scobie about the minute, particular details of that wreath? Isn’t it much more likely that an employee of the florist would be privy to the meaning behind each bit of flora and greenery and take it upon her/himself to ‘share’ with the media? Or is it just much more satisfying to blame the Duchess?
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #1477  
Old 04-24-2021, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 5,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Here in Southern California, the 60's is considered "cold weather" believe me!

Last weekend it was 90 degrees and we were headed for the beach. This week it has been overcast and in the low 60's. We are bundled up.

Moonmaiden-Did you see the forecast for possible rain on Monday? For anyone else living outside of SoCal, rain in April is unusual as are temps in the low 60's.


So I agree with Moonmaiden that seeing Meghan and Archie warmly dressed in the 60's would be normal for natives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Why is everyone so sure that Meghan called, texted, emailed, wrote to Scobie about the minute, particular details of that wreath? Isn’t it much more likely that an employee of the florist would be privy to the meaning behind each bit of flora and greenery and take it upon her/himself to ‘share’ with the media? Or is it just much more satisfying to blame the Duchess?

If it was the florist, then they would have had the authorization from their paying client (the Sussexes) to release the information about the wreath they'd ordered and purchased. I sincerely doubt that they'd risk the loss of a high profile repeat customer (again the Sussexes) by sharing this information with media without their direct consent.


Honestly I thought the wreath was spectacular and I find it very much in keeping with Meghan's preferred floral style. She wrote about floral arrangements in her former blog the Tig and personally I find it sweet that she's so interested in the meaning of the flowers in relation to the DoE.



My disappointment in the statement is that this information was released on the day of the funeral and just when the procession was to begin. Had the media release been made on the day after, I believe that would have been more respectful and appropriate.
  #1478  
Old 04-24-2021, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,826
Leaks about paying clients are NOT at all unusual. The head of the firm wouldn’t do it, but one of the underpaid shop assistants certainly might.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #1479  
Old 04-24-2021, 11:01 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Leaks about paying clients are NOT at all unusual. The head of the firm wouldn’t do it, but one of the underpaid shop assistants certainly might.
What would be the point?
  #1480  
Old 04-24-2021, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Why is everyone so sure that Meghan called, texted, emailed, wrote to Scobie about the minute, particular details of that wreath? Isn’t it much more likely that an employee of the florist would be privy to the meaning behind each bit of flora and greenery and take it upon her/himself to ‘share’ with the media? Or is it just much more satisfying to blame the Duchess?
The florist had kept secret the fact that they had done Archie's Christening flowers for two years without bragging about it.

It wasn't just Scobie that had the details. The Telegraph ie not a tabloid quoted "Sussex Sources" that sounded very much in line with other "press releases" from them over the last few years including "The Duchess is known for her keen interest personal calligraphy" that I doubt a florist is going to include. If she was the one that leaked, she almost certainly had the go ahead.

The Sussexes who had been so secretive about Archie's Christening didn't kick off about details being leaked about that. It also came along with a barrage of other info from Scobie and Gayle King about Meghan's apparently closeness with Philip and how she was watching the funeral, there in spirit and was mourning a beloved family member too. We didn't get any other details about missing family members also watching on TV, although I'm sure they were.

But yes, what Scobie/Gayle says is now rightly or wrongly seen as coming directly from the Sussexes mouth or what they want out there via third party. That's what happens when you collaborate with someone on a tell all book, do a tell all interview and have friends that say they've been authorised to talk to the media.

It also wasn't part of the post funeral corrections/denials/meetings that Scobie issued via Harpers Bazaar.

When your "authorised friends" talk to the media so often, when you issue official denials and sue the media a lot any story that isn't shot down gains more credence. That's the lesson they fail to learn.

I thought it was a very thoughtful wreath but the releasing the information on it made it less so and the timing was tacky.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (0 members and 8 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2203 04-06-2021 12:08 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american american history ancestry baby names baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house cpr customs dresses duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household jacobite japan jewellery jewelry kensington palace king edward vii list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal family pless princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria resusci anne royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress spain sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×