The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think the opposite. Closing off communication by stop taking Harry's call closed off any possibility of coming up with a solution that benefited all. However, I would be lying if I said I was surprised by the PoW's actions.
When it comes to parent/child relationships and the child wants something and the parent says no, there is no dealing with a child having a temper tantrum. I'm all for the letter writing. Harry would have to sit down and *think* about what he's writing and composing and may have been better at getting his thoughts out coherently. The phone calls weren't working and the parent found a different option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry, Meghan and Harry were all out at lunchtime on Wednesday though, when these photos were taken (probably without permission) and the source was apparently an employee at the place where Harry had lunch who spotted him arriving.

LA is eight hours ahead of London anyway isn’t it? That’s an awful lot of coordinating when those photos wouldn’t be appearing in British newspapers or on TV anyway, due to their illegality.
California is 8 hours behind London. When it's midnight in London its 4 PM in the afternoon in California.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:19 PM
Courtier

I'm not a huge fan of Meghan, but the vicious articles and hit pieces about her are appalling...I'm not talking about mainstream news sites or even the red tops. Blog type sites.

If she seems angry or brittle, I can't blame her.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

The internet esp. the sites concerning celebrities and extra especially concerning female celebrities is a vicious gruesome ignorant place. It’s not right but it is the nature of 21st century pop culture and social media. But there is no reason for these trash disposable inane sites seriously either. There are not exactly the New York Times :) Meghan should know this.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Honestly, if the calls were not going well, better to stop them than to take any chances of saying things that might be regretted later. I really don't understand Harry taking umbrage at his father's desire to communicate by letter.........it's still communication whether H liked it or not. But.....I agree with you, and sometimes (don't know if this was the case here, a cooling off period is needed).
Or things that might be misunderstood, or might be misquoted later. I am all for written communication when there is any controversy or any likely misunderstanding. If it is in writing there can be no doubt about what was said, and if clarification is necessary there is a transcript of the words that need to be clarified.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Wow...she's pretty far along now. And Archie is so big now, I am kind of surprised to see Meghan carry him as pregnant as she is.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Meghan, but the vicious articles and hit pieces about her are appalling...I'm not talking about mainstream news sites or even the red tops. Blog type sites.

If she seems angry or brittle, I can't blame her.
Maybe Meghan should have done what I do. Don't go there.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am baffled as to why ANY public person would read about themselves on an Internet blog or message board

Especially someone as apparently thin skinned as Meghan, who once assured PEOPLE magazine via her anonymous friends that she NEVER reads the "noise".

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-22-2021, 09:20 PM
Courtier

I think that ignoring horrific public gossip, insults and innuendo about ones self takes incredible discipline and nerves of steel. I suspect Meghan's mother is of great comfort to her.

I also wonder about the effect on staff members. Working for someone who is frequently pilloried must be taxing.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think that ignoring horrific public gossip, insults and innuendo about ones self takes incredible discipline and nerves of steel. I suspect Meghan's mother is of great comfort to her.

I also wonder about the effect on staff members. Working for someone who is frequently pilloried must be taxing.

I have to agree that it's difficult for staff as well as their employers. I can't imagine how royals in other nations (Spain,Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands) and of course the UK handle it when they find themselves the target of frequent tabloid innuendos.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Wow...she's pretty far along now. And Archie is so big now, I am kind of surprised to see Meghan carry him as pregnant as she is.
Nobody should carry a child who is capable of walking unless it is an emergency,unless they are trying to injure their back.
She looks normally pregnant to me. I would say she is due in a month
Old 04-22-2021, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those types of pictures always make me super uncomfortable but gosh, Archie has gotten so big! Even just from the glimpse of him they showed in the Oprah interview. (So has Meghan ). And what a sweetheart he is. Looks to be a good mix of both his parents.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

You don't have to read anything to be aware of it. I have no doubt her staff constantly came to her especially in regards to her estranged family who were all over the media. Then her friends were obviously asking her about stories.

And then just in general when you are a big story it will be heard. I don't follow certain celebs and still manage to hear about their drama from time to time because its everywhere. You don't think the royals aren't aware of stories about them even if they don't personally read the articles themselves?
Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
They called the BRF’s bluff because they thought they were more important than anyone, excepting HM. Guess what? The BRF didn’t fold.

As Kenny Rogers sang in The Gambler...H and M could have used this advice, not that they would have listened. They counted their money while they were still at the table...
Great song, have been listening to it all evening, thank you for reminding me
Old 04-22-2021, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Archie is definitely a good sized boy for his age. I expect that he'll be quite tall someday like his father and maternal grandfather.

I expect that in few weeks, she might find it difficult to carry him.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Lots of tall genes on both sides for Archie. I am sure he will be tall. He is already quite long for an almost 2 year old. I definitely think baby girl will be here by June.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:15 PM
Courtier

I have a bit of experience with intrusive and careless press. When I was a teen, my mom was murdered. (Killer is still out there.) The NY Daily News published a photo of me saying it was my mother. They also got my father's name wrong, and used very tricky wide angle photography to make our house look huge. The Daily News also didn't deny they were police officers to get info from our neighbors. the day of my mother's funeral, a fat guy from CBS was on the sidewalk yelling at anyone entering or leaving the house.

This is probably .5% of what Meghan is dealing with.

So I have some empathy here.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

That must have been so traumatic. The loss of your mother suddenly was not helped by a gawking public and press at all. I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through all that.

I also feel sympathy (not empathy because I've never experienced what she has) for what Meghan had to endure from the press but I would have hoped that once she moved away from the UK and the royal limelight, that she could put it all behind her and just move on with life. It's not easy to do, I know, but to me, dredging it all up again on international TV expressing how she felt actually gave those that printed this kind of crapola fuel for their fire.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If the lines of communication was closed there was no way Charles could listen or hear the couple's possible solution. There are multiple sides to a story. Unfortunately all we have are Harry's and Meghan's and judgements are being made based on what they said in the interview.

The opposite Kensington Palace shot down and issued statements refuting hurtful stories in the press about the Cambridges. Meghan wasn't given the same treatment- instead the hurtful stories like her making Kate cry were allowed to perpetuate in the press.
You know, for the first time I agree with you 100%. We know only one side of the story here, Meghan and Harry's (though mostly Meghan's). And when they did the interview, they knew completely well that the other side will not respond. They attacked people who can't fight back, who can't say anything in their defence. How compassionate of them.

KP also did not shot down or issued any statements regarding Meghan claiming it was Catherine who made her cry. They could have refused it, explained it, but they were silent... One wonders why, maybe because they simply do not comment on silly rumors
Quote:
If they were not willing to answer phone calls- what were the chances of getting them to sit down and meet with the couple?
There comes a time when everybody needs to cool down for a couple of days. Prince of Wales is unfortunately quite an indulgent father, so I would risk a statement that he probably was answering those calls way too long.

The Sussexes were presented with the way they can reach a solution with the BRF. They didn't like it, done it their way and now can't deal with a blowback from that, though every decision was their and theirs alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I don't think it was a co-incidence that this photo was released just as Louis's photos for his birthday tomorrow were released, along with news that Harry is attending lunch meetings. In my opinion of course but there's a pattern here.

Blackgrid is known as an agency that distributes staged pics for celebrities (think Taylor Swift).
I'm waiting for a mayor announcement from the Sussexes on the 29th. Or a picture. We'll certainly get something and I'll have my popcorn ready.

A couple of times can be a bad timing, a coincidence. With the Sussexes, it's clearly a pattern by now.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Or things that might be misunderstood, or might be misquoted later. I am all for written communication when there is any controversy or any likely misunderstanding. If it is in writing there can be no doubt about what was said, and if clarification is necessary there is a transcript of the words that need to be clarified.
Exactly....honestly, it sounds like nothing Charles does will be good enough for Harry unless he gives him exactly what he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Great song, have been listening to it all evening, thank you for reminding me
You’re welcome - and it’s one of my all-time favorites also!
Old 04-22-2021, 10:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I expect they want the titles because it’s very prestigious for them to have; advertising themselves as Harry and Meghan Mountbatten- Windsor won’t attract headlines. Besides, that wasn’t my point - my point was that M is ruthless when it comes to her relationships.
Well then, as the poster upthread had said, Big Mistake, Huge

Closed Thread