The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Honestly, I think the Chrissy Teigen thing was just her answering a question. I doubt she’d have offered that information if she truly thought Meghan would mind or get upset about it but I really do think that was an off the cuff answer.

This, though, seems very much par for the course...*sigh*

https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...l-says-source/

Yes. I think you’re right. I’ve re- evaluated a bit and amended a post. And Meghan (and Harry) is a popular subject these days.

And- yes- that article does seem par for the course. I admit- I’m cynical right now where Meghan is concerned.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Presumably, he'll be meeting Biden in Washington. That's not much closer to Los Angeles than it is to London. It's not like popping over to Windsor if you're visiting someone at Buckingham Palace. But it would be lovely if he could see Archie and the new baby.
Yes, he would be....and you’re right, it’s about a 6 hour flight.

I don’t think he’ll visit, honestly, but maybe it depends on when this visit is and what their relationship is like. Then again, no...I just don’t see Charles turning a State visit into a personal one. He’d be acting on behalf of the Queen, and she wouldn’t do it.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

thought it would've been nice if H&M and the kids were to come to the UK for the unveiling of the Diana statue on july 1th (if that planning will still be possible with regards to Covid), but I think i read in this thread that Meghan's duedate is in June, so i don't think that will happen?
At what age would it be wise to start taking a small child on an intercontinental flight?
(don't have kids myself..)

Maybe realistically Christmas is more likely?
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Harry received a whole lot of backlash the time he did an official tour in the Caribbean and tacked on flying to Toronto to see Meghan on his way back to the UK.

Thanks. That was the trip I was thinking of. It didn’t seem like a big deal to me since it was clearly after the official tour, but I remember there being a lot of backlash. So, I can see Charles not wanting a repeat.

And Washington DC to CA isn’t that close at all. I’m not sure what the European equivalent would be.
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Yes. I think you’re right. I’ve re- evaluated a bit and amended a post.

And- yes- that does seem par for the course. I admit- I’m cynical right now where Meghan is concerned.
Actually, according to the Sun the bit about Meghan contacting the Queen and keeping in touch with Harry was from ‘a royal source’. Believe that or not, and I believe about 1/10th of what tabloids print about Harry and Meghan, if that.

However, ‘royal sources’ do leak to these rags according to them, and so if Meghan did contact the Queen and the source reported it then this is being surprisingly kind to Harry’s wife. The tabloid would hardly call Meghan or Scobie etc a ‘royal source’.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/14...hilip-updates/
Old 04-21-2021, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Biden will be in the UK in June. Not sure why Charles would flew to the states to meet him again. That said, I don’t see Charles visiting Harry on an official visit either. They might can plan it out in advance that Harry flies over but I doubt it.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:10 PM
Majesty

I think the next get-together face to face between Harry and his father and brother is almost certainly going to be in July when the statue of Diana is due to be unveiled. I believe that the birth of the Sussex baby is in early June so Meghan and the children may well accompany him on that trip. It will be a chance for the Queen and Charles to look at the latest member of the family and become reacquainted with Archie. There could even be arrangements made for a christening of the new baby in England.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think the next get-together face to face between Harry and his father and brother is almost certainly going to be in July when the statue of Diana is due to be unveiled. I believe that the birth of the Sussex baby is in early June so Meghan and the children may well accompany him on that trip. It will be a chance for the Queen and Charles to look at the latest member of the family and become reacquainted with Archie. There could even be arrangements made for a christening of the new baby in England.
We know William and Harry will come face to face, but as Charles won’t be at that ceremony, I’m skeptical. I hope you’re right, but I’ve lost some faith, especially if Meghan didn’t bring the kids.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:15 PM
Gentry

OK, so the Sussex' camp gave away that the relationship between the royals is still bad. I believe the firm "prays" Meghan won't travel to the UK with Harry too much and do lots of drama because the funeral showed how perfect everyone is for the job and Kate got a lot of compliments.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

I am tired of the whole thing.

Too many contradictions then coincidences.

Meghan and Harry have not been straight from day 1 , I believe the press got wise to that quite early on, a great deal of the stories that were slammed actually had a great deal of truth about them possibly not 100% accurate but on the right track.
They had been planning to leave since 2018, the family knew that, there was obviously a problem with the detail, the couple tried to force the hand of the family by issuing the statement and the website in 2020.
To be honest the final straw for me was the book where they thanked the Sussex squad for their support and fund raising in their or Archies name, the same team who not everybody but a great deal post vile comments about other family members. They then have the cheek to speak about social media bullying.
They thought the review year would move the family it didn't so they did the interview, it still has not moved the family so now Meghan is trying to raise her profile again, by how much she loves the Queen and Philip.
I just find it too much of a coincidence that every time there is a royal event/ occasion that suddenly something comes out from Meghan.
They are boring and tiresome, and that is from someone who sat with her hat on, drinking sparkling wine, toasting their wedding.
I am back to bed again, early start in the morning.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thanks. That was the trip I was thinking of. It didn’t seem like a big deal to me since it was clearly after the official tour, but I remember there being a lot of backlash. So, I can see Charles not wanting a repeat.

And Washington DC to CA isn’t that close at all. I’m not sure what the European equivalent would be.
It’s so much easier to travel in/Across Europe because the countries are smaller and places are just much closer in general
Old 04-21-2021, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Actually, according to the Sun the bit about Meghan contacting the Queen and keeping in touch with Harry was from ‘a royal source’. Believe that or not, and I believe about 1/10th of what tabloids print about Harry and Meghan, if that.

However, ‘royal sources’ do leak to these rags according to them, and so if Meghan did contact the Queen and the source reported it then this is being surprisingly kind to Harry’s wife. The tabloid would hardly call Meghan or Scobie etc a ‘royal source’.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/14...hilip-updates/
I would not be surprised that the Queen is being nice to Meghan. Meghan mentioned calling the Queen when Prince Philip was hospitalized. We also know that there were Zoom calls with the Queen and Prince Philip as of a few months ago.

The Queen is 95 and just lost her husband, I'm sure seeing Harry during his visit and talking with Meghan has been a comfort. I hope they maintain the contact.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:

Almost the same as Paris - Perm, in the Urals.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Almost the same as Paris - Perm, in the Urals.

Wow. Thank you. That really puts it into perspective for me.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another factor with Charles perhaps taking a short visit to California from D.C. is that it'll play havoc with his circadian rhythm. The time difference between London and D.C. is 5 hours and from D.C. to California, it's another 3 hours difference so from California to London, going home, Charles would travel through 8 time zones just to get home again.

Now that's jet lag. It's not just a hop, skip and a jump to pay a visit.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Since an official trip to DC has yet to been announced, let’s move on from speculating about Prince Charles visiting the Sussexes in California.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

I think the new PR/leaks/whatever are par for the course at the moment. Charles and William = Bad, Queen = Good.

Meghan was incredibly close to PP, so very close and calls to regularly check in on the Queen and they're really close despite everything and Harry saw her alone specially twice, but not Charles/William, nope we have to pour cold water on that.

It could all be true for all I know but it feels very...on brand for their narrative.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Of course the Queen and Philip are/were very close to Meghan. All because there was a statement issued the day after the interview, where so many detrimental things about the Queen's monarchy and her family were thrown under the bus, stating it was *not* the Queen or Philip that made a racist remark. That endeared Meghan to their hearts in gratitude and admiration. They appreciated her kindness.

BTW: Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother and Wallis Simpson were secretly best friends. Film at 11.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I think the new PR/leaks/whatever are par for the course at the moment. Charles and William = Bad, Queen = Good.

Meghan was incredibly close to PP, so very close and calls to regularly check in on the Queen and they're really close despite everything and Harry saw her alone specially twice, but not Charles/William, nope we have to pour cold water on that.

It could all be true for all I know but it feels very...on brand for their narrative.
I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. Obviously Scobie leaked stuff on behalf of M/H, which to me is BS, but the other leaks..........well, they're all over the place. None of the leaks regarding Charles/William/Harry came across as particularly negative to the first two; they all just said essentially that relations remain strained, it's baby steps (a good thing), etc. It actually makes H look bad that he took the time to speak with his grandmother twice, but refused to make time for his father.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. Obviously Scobie leaked stuff on behalf of M/H, which to me is BS, but the other leaks..........well, they're all over the place. None of the leaks regarding Charles/William/Harry came across as particularly negative to the first two; they all just said essentially that relations remain strained, it's baby steps (a good thing), etc. It actually makes H look bad that he took the time to speak with his grandmother twice, but refused to make time for his father.
Maybe not, I can't keep track of which came from where tonight. But the Harpers article (from Scobie) I posted early was at pains to say that Harry didn't in fact write to Charles before the funeral, that Charles left for Wales almost immediately and that he DID spend time time with HM. Whilst not mentioning the talk they apparently had for two hours on Saturday. Allegedly.

And now People (who don't print anything without a publicists say so) are at pains to say (again!) how very, very, very close Meghan is to HM and how much she admires her. Whilst doing their best to destroy everything else she holds dear.

Whilst the "Harry couldn't fit Charles in his busy schedule" didn't make Harry look particularly good (but also came with "Harry was ganged up on"), it just seemed that the sources we can be pretty sure were 100% authorised played down reconciliation with Charles and played up "the Queen still loves us 100%! She and Meghan zoom all the time!"

With no sort of acknowledgement that just maybe HM has been a little bit frustrated with them for the storm they caused during the last month of her husband's life.

We can't know for sure what's true and what's not on either "side" but it's a pattern for me and a pattern that it's coming out on HM's birthday.

Closed Thread