The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I remember when H got married people were saying how Charles was being nice to Meghan and how H looked fine with his relationship with his father.. so I was a bit taken aback by the hostility that Harry seemed to show, when he was interviewed. I think that he's not happy with any of the RF but there seems to be a particular animus against his father... so is stored up anger to do with things in the past.. or simply that Charles DID over indulge him and now having been told "No" last year and told that he can't expect the same support as a "moved away" royal as he did when he was part of the Firm, that he just got really furious with the family adn esp his father and is lashing out at his dad.

In my opinion, I suspect there are M-H relationship dynamics that could explain much of this.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
But he refused to meet his father because he was on a schedule. This says it all to me - H doesn’t prioritize trying to heal his relationship with his father. He managed to find time twice to see his grandmother, but couldn’t be bothered to see his father.

Daily Express says that Charles is planning a visit to the States to see Biden. Robert Jobson is quoted as saying that it’s likely he won’t visit H in CA as the trip would be for work. There’s more to it, but that’s the gist. I agree with Jobson that C will get blowback for ignoring his son, but like he said, it’s a work trip - on British tax payers’ dime. At this point, I’m fine with it. I don’t want Charles to have to beg for H’s love.
According to reports, Harry met with Charles on atleast 2 occasions. Once with Charles alone when viewing the tributes to Prince Philip and again along with Prince William. So there was sufficient opportunity for the two to speak before Harry's departure and Charles going to Wales.

If Prince Charles wants to see the couple and his grandchildren he can. In fact, I would be very surprised and disappointed if he does not see them on the visit. If anything to see the grandkids.
Charles and many royals are experts at distinguishing the "official" part of their trip from the "private" part. He can fly ahead of the official start of the trip and privately visit them or at the end before he heads back to the UK.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Charles and many royals are experts at distinguishing the "official" part of their trip from the "private" part. He can fly ahead of the official start of the trip and privately visit them or at the end before he heads back to the UK.

I seem to recall criticism in the past when other royals have done exactly that. I could be remembering incorrectly though.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Presumably, he'll be meeting Biden in Washington. That's not much closer to Los Angeles than it is to London. It's not like popping over to Windsor if you're visiting someone at Buckingham Palace. But it would be lovely if he could see Archie and the new baby.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The increasingly negative attitude towards H&M started well before the tour down under. I recall several discussions where posters right here on this forum commented on how the couple could change the tide of the press if the tour was successful.

Yes and it came on the heels of a few events that seemed to have been when the overwhelming positive tide they'd enjoyed began to shift. For example the NYC babyshower. Also the Wimbledon match that saw many ticket holders denied their seats as Meghan and two friends were present. The photos of so many empty seats did not do her any favors. Plus there was the confusion over little Archie's birth with the Sussexes' email stating that the Duchess was in labor while she'd actually given birth.

IMHO the South African tour was a roaring success but sadly the goodwill they'd earned from the tour was derailed by the interview. Personally this was my turning point.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Of course there are always "stories" based on "royal sources".. that's how a lot of royal news comes out. And sometimes they may be real leaks sometimes it may just be conjecture by journalists. But its the nature of these recent stories.. Meg and harry attacked the RF, saying that they were racists and heartless and that they had not cared for MEg or H.. They made statements that were dubious and implied that Charles had refused to help them or to talk to them. So the stories that have come out in the past month have been largely defending the RF against the attacks by Meg and H. What do they expect? They know that the RF wont make a direct statement.. but that doesn't mean that courtiers wont do something to defend themselves since they were also criticized and to defend the RF.
This is really beyond the point of my argument which is that it's ludicrous to think that the Sussexes are the only ones who leak to the press – which was the suggestion by another poster.

Old 04-21-2021, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Model Chrissy Teigen has stated that the Duchess of Sussex reached out to her by letter following the loss of her infant son in September.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-son-Jack.html

I know Chrissy is very active on social media, but I presume this information wouldn’t have been released without Meghan’s knowledge, consent and desire.

Did this get released today? Today is the Queen’s birthday.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I know Chrissy is very active on social media, but I presume this information wouldn’t have been released without Meghan’s knowledge, consent and desire.

It's only a big deal when people make it a big deal.

My reaction is that it was a very nice thing for Meghan to do. But then, I'm not always looking for the negative when it comes to Meghan.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I seem to recall criticism in the past when other royals have done exactly that. I could be remembering incorrectly though.
Perhaps the latter. Charles and Camilla have traveled ahead multiple times in the past to far away locations for the tour and have stayed behind. I can't imagine them continuing to do it if there was public outcry.
If they want to see the family they can and will find away. They can fly to California or the family can travel to Washington
Old 04-21-2021, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Daily Express says that Charles is planning a visit to the States to see Biden. Robert Jobson is quoted as saying that it’s likely he won’t visit H in CA as the trip would be for work. There’s more to it, but that’s the gist. I agree with Jobson that C will get blowback for ignoring his son, but like he said, it’s a work trip - on British tax payers’ dime. At this point, I’m fine with it. I don’t want Charles to have to beg for H’s love.
And it is not as if he will be 'nearby'. He will be visiting Washington I assume. Which is about 5 1/2 - 6 hours flight to LAX. So, it would take him another full day to get there. A direct flight from London to LAX is a little over 11 hours, so he would only be a little over halfway.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Yes, it was released today
Old 04-21-2021, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
It's only a big deal when people make it a big deal.

My reaction is that it was a very nice thing for Meghan to do. But then, I'm not always looking for the negative when it comes to Meghan.

I do think it was a nice thing to do. And I’m sure it was genuine and heartfelt.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
And it is not as if he will be 'nearby'. He will be visiting Washington I assume. Which is about 5 1/2 - 6 hours flight to LAX. So, it would take him another full day to get there. A direct flight from London to LAX is a little over 11 hours, so he would only be a little over halfway.
It's possible that Charles could arrange to fly out to California when he's in the US but I don't think its probable. Charles usually has quite a full diary of things going on and wouldn't take that much time out for a personal visit no matter how nice it would be for Grandpa to visit the Sussex kids. My guess is that the Sussexes will travel to the UK some time over the summer when the family are on their summer hiatus. Perhaps visit Balmoral/Birkhall. Depends too on when the little one is born.

Quote:
If Prince Charles wants to see the couple and his grandchildren he can. In fact, I would be very surprised and disappointed if he does not see them on the visit. If anything to see the grandkids.
As this entire trip is for work and on the British taxpayer dime, I don't see Charles tacking on a personal trip to California. It would not only involve Charles flying out to the west coast but his entire entourage of RPOs would have to go with him. Charles, then, would be personally responsible for the travel expenses, hotels, meals and such for them while he's on personal time.

Harry received a whole lot of backlash the time he did an official tour in the Caribbean and tacked on flying to Toronto to see Meghan on his way back to the UK.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Yes, it was released today
Actually it came on last night. It wasn’t “released” as it was a fan question on a late night show that has just been picked up by media.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
This is really beyond the point of my argument which is that it's ludicrous to think that the Sussexes are the only ones who leak to the press – which was the suggestion by another poster.
I haven't seen anyone suggest that the Sussexes are the only ones to leak to the press.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Chrissy Teigen spoke about the friendship that has grown between herself and Meghan when she was a guest on a late night TV show last night. She said that Meghan had never discussed the Royal Family with her but they had bonded over their miscarriages.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...le-friendship/
Old 04-21-2021, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don’t think, in the grand scheme of things, it is a big deal. It’s just....typical, I guess, of what I expect from her now. Last week we needed to know of her thoughtfulness regarding Philip. Today, it’s Chrissy. So: Meghan is thoughtful. Got it.

I do think it was a nice thing to do. And I’m sure it was genuine and heartfelt. It just had to be public too....

I see. Thanks.
I don’t get why some are acting like Meghan sent out a press release. Chrissy was on a chat show last night and was asked about her tweeting in Meghan’s defense a few times and if she every responded. Chrissy actually seemed very uncomfortable talking about it but said that Meghan had reached out about and the loss of her son and was very nice.

Everyone making EVERYTHING people say or do about Meghan about the royals is just over the top to me. I seriously doubt the Queen’s birthday was on Chrissy’s mind. But that’s just me. LOL
Old 04-21-2021, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Honestly, I think the Chrissy Teigen thing was just her answering a question. I doubt she’d have offered that information if she truly thought Meghan would mind or get upset about it but I really do think that was an off the cuff answer.

This, though, seems very much par for the course...*sigh*
https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...l-says-source/
Old 04-21-2021, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I don’t get why some are acting like Meghan sent out a press release. Chrissy was on a chat show last night and was asked about her tweeting in Meghan’s defense a few times and if she every responded. Chrissy actually seemed very uncomfortable talking about it but said that Meghan had reached out about and the loss of her son and was very nice.

Everyone making EVERYTHING people say or do about Meghan about the royals is just over the top to me. I seriously doubt the Queen’s birthday was on Chrissy’s mind. But that’s just me. LOL
I think, as time passes, more and more of what we hear in regards to both Harry and Meghan will pertain to the celebrity culture rather than the royal connection. Stands to reason for me as they work and plan and become more and more involved in the celebrity world and leave the royal world behind them. It's people in that celebrity world that they will network with that will be beneficial to whatever it is they want to do. The "royal feud" may be a hot topic right now but in the entertainment world, hot topics grow old very, very fast.

Things will escalate faster of what we hear too from California as the pandemic eases up and restrictions are no longer in place and things can get back to a semblance of "normal". I don't follow celebrity so I imagine that the only place I'll hear about the Sussexes is here.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

I doubt HM’s birthday was on Chrissy’s mind. I just found the timing interesting. That’s all. And that’s why I asked. Now I know.

I can certainly see that being something to bond over.

Closed Thread