The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

No-one's said anything yet. I remember Prince Charles making a short speech about the loss of his "darling aunt" when Princess Margaret died, so I wondered if he might say something on behalf of the family, but they're obviously not ready to speak publicly yet.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
No-one's said anything yet. I remember Prince Charles making a short speech about the loss of his "darling aunt" when Princess Margaret died, so I wondered if he might say something on behalf of the family, but they're obviously not ready to speak publicly yet.
I dont think anyone will and if they do it will be the Queen or Prince Charles. Harry and Meghan should not have done that as the rest of the family have not.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
The Brooksbanks do not live at Frogmore.

If Harry wishes to be in the UK for Philip's funeral, I do not believe he would be impeded from doing so.

However, we are certainly in no position to judge any decision he undertakes. Perhaps they had long conversations many years in the past wherein Philip revealed he thought funerals were ridiculous and he hoped no one would put themselves out to attend his. Perhaps Meghan is unwell at this time and Harry is not comfortable leaving her. Perhaps Philip and Harry had conversations in recent weeks in which Philip expressed a desire that Harry not reunite with the family under these circumstances.

We just don't know.
RRs seem to think that the photos Eugenie and Jack have been posting are taken at Frogmore not at Royal Lodge or Nott Cott.

The current discussions are not about Harry reuniting with his family or wanting to be there, we can all assume he wants to be there, but whether practical Covid safety issues combined with his pregnant wife on another continent will make it practically possible.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan's website has done dark in a memorial for Prince Philip.

https://archewell.com
Hmmm...well...I can't say I'm surprised. I guess I take back what I said about being pleasantly surprised that they had refrained. So much for that whole "they won't say anything, the family statement spoke for everyone, their statement isn't necessary" bit, I guess.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I feel sorry for the entire family, with Philip's death. I think there would be a memorial in the future and perhaps a statue.

I wholeheartedly agree Sandy345. I also believe that there will be public service of memorial or thanksgiving in the future. Very likely too that we'll see a statue at some point in the coming years.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Frogmore Cottage is his home in the UK. If he wants to return and needs to quarantine for the mandated 5 days, he can very much do it there.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Hmmm...well...I can't say I'm surprised. I guess I take back what I said about being pleasantly surprised that they had refrained. So much for that whole "they won't say anything, the family statement spoke for everyone, their statement isn't necessary" bit, I guess.
A bit formal, not what I would expect from a family member.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
RRs seem to think that the photos Eugenie and Jack have been posting are taken at Frogmore not at Royal Lodge or Nott Cott.

The current discussions are not about Harry reuniting with his family or wanting to be there, we can all assume he wants to be there, but whether practical Covid safety issues combined with his pregnant wife on another continent will make it practically possible.
I think it is fairly obvious that they are in Windsor from the pictures and given that the first pictures of baby August where taken by a discharging midwife...I have assumed theybare at Frogmore as Fergie or Andrew could take the pics if they were in Royal Lodge. It is their home and despite whatever word salad the statements said at the time you cannot just turn up on their door with one a small baby and two the current situation.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Will depend how far along she is. She did a tour around her 7th month and my guess she is around that now. That said it would be on the advice of her doctor and how she is feeling with the pandemic and whatnot.

So I am not expecting it but we shall see. I will assume Harry is likely on his way. If the plan is for him to be in the UK for a lengthy time, then they might travel together.
i somehow think that her presence at such a delicate event after the interview bombshell will not necessarily be welcome, particularly if she didn't know philip well. and pregnancy combined with COVID is as great excuse as any for her (and the others) in this awkward situation.

harry is another matter, he is after all philip's grandchild and will likely want to be present - even if it upsets the family, they can hardly hold it against him that he wanted to be there for his granddad.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Courtier

According to the Mail Harry is preparing to go back and he's released a statement. I'm on my phone so I can't get the link to publish.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Frogmore Cottage is his home in the UK. If he wants to return and needs to quarantine for the mandated 5 days, he can very much do it there.
Meh that was word salad. It is Eugenie and Jack's who have a small baby and the current situation. He could.easily be put up somewhere else if needs be but this is not a typical time.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Meh that was word salad. It is Eugenie and Jack's who have a small baby and the current situation. He could.easily be put up somewhere else if needs be but this is not a typical time.
How is it word salad when they have paid their money for a long lease and it is their home. Eugenie and Jack can also go elsewhere. Her family have a large estate they can very easily relocate to for a few days. They did it before when people thought they left the cottage temporarily.

None of this is pleasant but I think people understand the circumstances.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the correction re: the Brooksbanks.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
How is it word salad when they have paid their money for a long leash and it is their home. Eugenie and Jack can also go elsewhere. Her family have a large estate they can very easily relocate to for a few days. They did it before when people thought they left the cottage temporarily.

None of this is pleasant but I think people understand the circumstances.
In that it would continue to their home. They gave it to Eugenie and Jack. You can't just kick them out. The wording at the time.stated that if the Sussex.required it when in the UK they couldshare it with the Brooksbanks when in England. That isn't appropriate at the moment.

It isn't Harry's home. He has one and who would turf a young family and small baby.

Windsor is big enough for him to be given some rooms to quarantine of needed.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Even if you're name's on the lease you can't just say "this is my home I have a right to be here" to your sub tenants at a moment's notice. Especially if they have a new born baby and are presumably being very careful with covid safety.

To think that Eugenie, Jack and August can just pop along to her parents for a week or so for his convenience is the height of arrogance.

He would be the solo traveller, it's far easier to accommodate him somewhere else if necessary rather than boot a family out of their house.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I don’t think Harry would relocate them whatsoever but IF his was bringing over his family and needed the space, then yes I can see arrangements being made.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don’t think Harry would relocate them whatsoever but IF his was bringing over his family and needed the space, then yes I can see arrangements being made.
I dont think. Whatever the fudge it is no longer Harry's home. He could easily stay somewhere else.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is Harry's home at the end of the day.

No one knows the terms and conditions of the agreement is with the Brooksbanks. I'm sure they're not going to tell him to go elsewhere when Frogmore is big enough for him to quarantine in another wing of the cottage.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posts containing unnecessary criticism of a website memorial for Prince Philip have been removed. Subsequent responses to those posts have also been removed.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
A bit formal, not what I would expect from a family member.
Very impersonal, should have said "my grandfather"

Closed Thread